PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone not want Tuel to start?

Oaf
08-24-2013, 10:14 PM
It's not like we're going anywhere w/ players like Leinart and *puke* Beck, anyway right?

Might as well make history by being the first team ever to start an undrafted rookie opening day.

"We're not at full strength right now. We expect big things from Jeff," Jackson said. "He's handled this offense, he's come in and made plays when he had the opportunity. Nothing to take away from him. When we go out and start scheming teams and things like that, we are very vanilla on offense, so that is something to take out of this." -Jackson postgame

Back Tuel, sign Tavaris Jackson, cut Jackson when Kolb/Manuel are ready, start Manuel.

BillsFever21
08-24-2013, 10:30 PM
If it came down to Tuel or Leinart/Beck then I would go with Tuel. How worse could it get? At least Tuel has been in training camp and we already know that Leinart and Beck are horrible. If the gods were looking down on us maybe he would have a good game or two and we could sucker some team into a trade for him.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Jackson is still a Seahawk I believe

Mace
08-24-2013, 11:05 PM
I'd go with Brad Smith to season Tuel under his tutoring because he knows what it takes to be an NFL QB and not be good at throwing a pass. Granted, Tuel may not be as versatile, but I say so what, because it is entertaining.

Meathead
08-24-2013, 11:32 PM
theyre not bringing in a vet to actually play, they are bringing them in as insurance in case kolb is out for a while and ej isnt ready to get a full week of practice in before the cheaters

then if neither kolb or ej are ready they would have a decision on whether to try to get tuel or the vet prepared to start. even if they went with tuel they would still want to have the vet reasonably prepped in case the cheaters make tuel look like the super green undrafted rookie that he is, then they could try to catch lightning in a bottle with the vet

its all worst case scenario prep as it seems likely that one of the two top guys will be ready for that last week of practice before the cheats. but if not then its either the stuff legends are made from, or just another crappy ass bills opener

Mace
08-24-2013, 11:43 PM
theyre not bringing in a vet to actually play, they are bringing them in as insurance in case kolb is out for a while and ej isnt ready to get a full week of practice in before the cheaters

then if neither kolb or ej are ready they would have a decision on whether to try to get tuel or the vet prepared to start. even if they went with tuel they would still want to have the vet reasonably prepped in case the cheaters make tuel look like the super green undrafted rookie that he is, then they could try to catch lightning in a bottle with the vet

its all worst case scenario prep as it seems likely that one of the two top guys will be ready for that last week of practice before the cheats. but if not then its either the stuff legends are made from, or just another crappy ass bills opener

Manuel and Kolb are made of peanut brittle, I think they need to bring in someone who actually plays. Yes, I am panicking. Tuel can start but everyone else is hurting themselves. Oh I am anguished. Beck ! omg omg omg. No team should ever need to try out Beck when Curtis Painter will surely be available. Omg omg omg. Curtis Painter. Oh we'll sign Painter when he gets booted I just know it.

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Charlie Batch would be better than these two bums.

DBrown77
08-25-2013, 06:57 AM
Does EJ have a history of injuries? Many people have suggested he's a injury prone.

Novacane
08-25-2013, 07:25 AM
Does EJ have a history of injuries? Many people have suggested he's a injury prone.

No he doesn't. They are just being dumb.

kishoph
08-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Manuel and Kolb are made of peanut brittle, I think they need to bring in someone who actually plays. Yes, I am panicking. Tuel can start but everyone else is hurting themselves. Oh I am anguished. Beck ! omg omg omg. No team should ever need to try out Beck when Curtis Painter will surely be available. Omg omg omg. Curtis Painter. Oh we'll sign Painter when he gets booted I just know it.

Manuel finished and led his team to victory in a Bowl game against Notre Dame on a broken leg, that's some pretty strong peanut brittle. Manuel had 2 injuries in his Junior year, the broken leg and a separated shoulder (non throwing) that kept him out for 3 weeks. Even with this current injury, Manuel played right through it, no problem. It was the medical staff that sidelined Manuel, not himself. Saying that Manuel is made of peanut brittle couldn't be farther from the truth, just another case of an uninformed hater, hating on the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
08-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Manuel and Kolb are made of peanut brittle, I think they need to bring in someone who actually plays. Yes, I am panicking. Tuel can start but everyone else is hurting themselves. Oh I am anguished. Beck ! omg omg omg. No team should ever need to try out Beck when Curtis Painter will surely be available. Omg omg omg. Curtis Painter. Oh we'll sign Painter when he gets booted I just know it. did Manuel Ebert get hurt in college? Wtf are you talking about?

IlluminatusUIUC
08-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Manuel finished and led his team to victory in a Bowl game against Notre Dame on a broken leg, that's some pretty strong peanut brittle. Manuel had 2 injuries in his Junior year, the broken leg and a separated shoulder (non throwing) that kept him out for 3 weeks. Even with this current injury, Manuel played right through it, no problem. It was the medical staff that sidelined Manuel, not himself. Saying that Manuel is made of peanut brittle couldn't be farther from the truth, just another case of an uninformed hater, hating on the Bills.

did Manuel Ebert get hurt in college? Wtf are you talking about?

You guys must not be familiar with Mace. He's always joking.

Fletch
08-25-2013, 12:11 PM

Good question although I don't think so.

But he did play only 7 games in '09 and '10 at FSU. Was there another starter then?

Otherwise, has the team said that he's not going to be ready for opening day now?

Fletch
08-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Scratch that, Ponder was there.