PDA

View Full Version : leinart could start the opener.... oh boy...

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 05:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/25/report-matt-leinart-to-sign-with-bills/:cynic:

mrbojanglezs
08-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Ej will start

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Ej will start

I hope so, but that's not what the source said...

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Well that's great news. God please let Manuel be back by then. Hell I'll even take Kolb for his several quarters before getting injured again over Leinart.

OpIv37
08-25-2013, 05:29 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Seriously I'd rather just let Teul start. At least he's been in camp learning the system. And we already know Leinart sucks. Teul most likely sucks too, but I'd rather give him his shot just in case. If we're gonna lose, might as well learn something.

cookie G
08-25-2013, 05:31 PM

Seriously I'd rather just let Teul start. At least he's been in camp learning the system. And we already know Leinart sucks. Teul mkost likely sucks too, but I'd rather give him his shot just in case. If we're gonna lose, might as well learn something.

I'd most definitely want Tuel to start.

but...I just have the feeling Manuel's going to be ready...

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 05:32 PM
I cant remember really, but was leinart that bad? lol god please heal ej!

OpIv37
08-25-2013, 05:34 PM
I cant remember really, but was leinart that bad? lol god please heal ej!
Well lets put it this way: AZ chose to go with Kolb over Leinart. Now the injury to Kolb may force us to do the opposite.

Skooby
08-25-2013, 05:35 PM
I'd wait to the last minute to make a decision, let NE prepare for a shadow.

Meathead
08-25-2013, 05:35 PM
how about a sixth rounder to tenny for fitz

sudzy
08-25-2013, 05:38 PM
I just can't believe they would start Leinart after 2 weeks to learn the offense.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-25-2013, 05:40 PM
I'd wait to the last minute to make a decision, let NE prepare for a shadow.

It doesn't matter one bit which QB is starting, New England is preparing for Spiller.

Meathead
08-25-2013, 05:41 PM
i think if it came down to it they would start tuel over noodle arm joe. they just want a veteran as their disaster qb if neither of the top two guys are ready week one

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 05:42 PM
I just can't believe they would start Leinart after 2 weeks to learn the offense.

probably don't have a choice man. if ej isn't ready, and kolb has the concussion issue, then they will have no choice. starting tuel would guarantee a loss.... leinart is smart, and we would just need to get lucky... if leinart does have to go, im guessing ej would be the emergency qb...

Forward_Lateral
08-25-2013, 05:42 PM
There's no way Leinhart starts, unless EJ, Kolb and Tuel are all hurt. He's not going to learn the playbook in a week. He's in Buffalo so they have another arm to throw in practice, and someone to play the final game at QB.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 05:44 PM
they would probably give leinart 20-25 plays to master... and pray he just wings it

- - - Updated - - -

There's no way Leinhart starts, unless EJ, Kolb and Tuel are all hurt. He's not going to learn the playbook in a week. He's in Buffalo so they have another arm to throw in practice, and someone to play the final game at QB.

again, I hope that's true but not what the source said.... trust me, if its down to leinart and tuel, I want leinart starting...

kishoph
08-25-2013, 05:44 PM
A league source says so, it has to be true. I would think that the QB (Tuel) who has been working with the team all summer and knows the playbook would be the one to start if EJ and Kolb weren't ready to go, but I'm no league source.

Homegrown
08-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Somewhere Chan Gailey is smiling ...

BleedinGreenNC
08-25-2013, 05:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/25/report-matt-leinart-to-sign-with-bills/:cynic:

Oh those silly USC QB's.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 05:46 PM
A league source says so, it has to be true. I would think that the QB (Tuel) who has been working with the team all summer and knows the playbook would be the one to start if EJ and Kolb weren't ready to go, but I'm no league source.

I didn't say it has to be true, just that the article is saying ej could be out... its iffy. maybe they will start tuel, but id go with the vet in leinart if its just for 1 game

ublinkwescore
08-25-2013, 05:46 PM
If Leinart starts over Tuel, I'm done with football... Sports in general as a result. I will be spending my amusement cash on ammo.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrVS_a39yo

ICRockets
08-25-2013, 05:48 PM
I have no doubt EJ will be ready for the Pats.

- - - Updated - - -

If Leinart starts over Tuel, I'm done with football... Sports in general as a result. I will be spending my amusement cash on ammo.

Is a single bullet really that expensive?

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 05:49 PM
I have no doubt EJ will be ready for the Pats.

I agree. If I was putting money down I think ej will be ready, but who knows...

- - - Updated - - -

if Bernie kosar can learn the offense in 5 days, than leinart can be ready in two weeks

kishoph
08-25-2013, 05:51 PM
I didn't say it has to be true, just that the article is saying ej could be out... its iffy. maybe they will start tuel, but id go with the vet in leinart if its just for 1 game

I wasn't intending it to be a dig at you, it's these so called reporters that just take a stab at anything and throw in an unnamed source to make it sound credible. The Bills just worked him out and signed him today and already the source knows what the Bills plans are.

BleedinGreenNC
08-25-2013, 05:57 PM
You better hope EJ is ready, Leinart is horrible! Although, i would take him over Sanchez. Its like trying to make a decision, whether or not to get punched in the right nut, or the left one, either way you are screwed!

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 05:57 PM
bills have traded for Thaddeus lewis.... now I don't think ej will be ready...

THATHURMANATOR
08-25-2013, 06:00 PM

What source? There is nothing said in the article about Manuel at all.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 06:24 PM
What source? There is nothing said in the article about Manuel at all.

you are correct. I guess bills fo thinks kolbs career could be over, and nfl network just reported that ej will be ready opening day and they will keep tuel... so im guessing these two qbs ( lewis and leinart will battle for the 3rd spot...)

coastal
08-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Is it draft time yet?

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 06:36 PM
ej, tuel, leinart

Novacane
08-25-2013, 07:06 PM

Like Ed Werders source who said Byrd wants to be traded by the deadline because he's pissed he was franchised? **** the media and their "sources"

jills
08-25-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm starting the cheatriots defense week 1 in my fantasy league

X-Era
08-25-2013, 07:43 PM
EJ is starting game 1. Leinhart could even be 3rd string.

TigerJ
08-25-2013, 07:50 PM
There are a couple details in that article that are already out of date. It does not account for the fact Buffalo also traded for Thaddeus Lewis (traded Chris White to the Detroit Lions for Lewis - straight up player for player trade) or that Kolb is likely done. The bottom line is that the situation has changed so rapidly that any report about what the Bills might do in the Patriots game is probably out of date as well. I imagine that the Bills are not thrilled with the notion of starting a rookie at QB against Bill Belichick and the Patriots when that rookie has missed the last two preseason games. I would guess that Marrone might entertain the thought of starting either Leinart or Lewis if they can gain a reasonable grasp of the Bills offense in the next two weeks. On the other hand, if Manuel has a week of practice before the Patriots game it's very possible he will be the most capable QB the Bills can put on the field. It would be hard not to play him in that case. I think this week is going to be as much about having Leinart and Lewis compete as it is about preparing for the last preseason game. The winner gets to be the veteran backup. The loser gets cut.

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 08:06 PM
I agree. If I was putting money down I think ej will be ready, but who knows...

- - - Updated - - -

if Bernie kosar can learn the offense in 5 days, than leinart can be ready in two weeks

Leinart hasn't been ready for 7 years now. If you suck then knowing the offense doesn't mean crap. But hey we put our eggs in Kevin Kolb this offseason. Is that still a good signing? :rofl:

paladin warrior
08-25-2013, 08:09 PM
:crap:No way man :brace:

MidnightVoice
08-25-2013, 08:11 PM
When did we last have two QBs who were both first rounders? :D

WagonCircler
08-25-2013, 08:25 PM
As the hideous Mrs. Clinton crowed, "What difference does it make?"

Either EJ loses 6 of the Bills first 8 games or a QB named _____________ does.

This team may be good someday, but not while Ralph is the owner.

X-Era
08-25-2013, 08:26 PM
When did we last have two QBs who were both first rounders? :D
Bledsoe and Losman. 2004 season.

feldspar
08-25-2013, 08:35 PM
This is what happens when Kolb slips on a "matt" on the way to practice...

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 08:48 PM
You better hope EJ is ready, Leinart is horrible! Although, i would take him over Sanchez. Its like trying to make a decision, whether or not to get punched in the right nut, or the left one, either way you are screwed!

I wouldn't even take Leinart over Sanchez. Sanchez sucks but at least he has one some games in the NFL and been to the AFC Championship twice.

I won't argue about it though because your avatar awesome. I just noticed it and couldn't stop staring at them twin beauties.

- - - Updated - - -

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Leinart baby. Oh yeah.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxldxbrSTR1qbm7fko1_500.jpg

PromoTheRobot
08-25-2013, 09:38 PM

Seriously I'd rather just let Teul start. At least he's been in camp learning the system. And we already know Leinart sucks. Teul most likely sucks too, but I'd rather give him his shot just in case. If we're gonna lose, might as well learn something.

You mean you got a little chubb.

PTR

Mr. Pink
08-25-2013, 10:00 PM
I think Thad Lewis would start over Leinart.

Lewis could run the same type of offense EJ does. Leinart can't.

Skooby
08-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Not a chance / thread.