PDA

View Full Version : PFT SAYING KOLB'S CAREER COULD BE OVER FROM MULTIPLE CONCUSSIONS...

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 06:35 PM
nfl network said ej will be ready week 1, and tuel will make the team. leinart/lewis battling for 3rd spot....

coastal
08-25-2013, 06:39 PM
His career is over because he sucks.

this is an injury buy-out negotiation.

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2013, 06:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/25/report-bills-fear-kevin-kolbs-concussion-may-be-career-ending/

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Really dumb decision letting T-Jax go so early.

Mace
08-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Really dumb decision letting T-Jax go so early.

Not really, he's not any good, or we wouldn't have let him go so early. But he's a vet ! So is Leinart who isn't any good either, or Leftwich, Beck, yada yada. Chicago plucked a plum when they grabbed Trent Edwards, who isn't any good and Colt McCoy is on the trading block being not any good. A shame Fitz couldn't take less to stay, he's not any good either, but robust. Nothing much will happen until Manuel is healthy anyway. I honestly prefer the "maybe" of Tuel to any of the proven not goods anyway who will hopefully be riding the pines where they belong.

Let's face it, this season is practice anyway. No one available is going to frost the cake we haven't baked yet, or they wouldn't be available.

Forward_Lateral
08-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Sad for Kolb. Regardless of whether you think he's good or not, it's still crappy to see someone's career over way too early .

Skooby
08-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Glass is broken.

feldspar
08-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Sad for Kolb. Regardless of whether you think he's good or not, it's still crappy to see someone's career over way too early .

Maybe, but I won't shed a tear. Do you have any idea how much money this guy has been given to do basically nothing in this league? I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. Kick me in the head with a helmet on for a million-plus, and I'll let you do it with a smile on my face. Break a bone or two for another $12 million, and I'll kiss you on the lips afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, because I'm not glad about this...IF his career is over, but he'll even get a pension.

But do you want to know something funny? This potential career ending last-straw injury HAPPENED ON HIS BIRTHDAY!!!! Not kidding. If I were Kolb, I'd consider that a present of sorts.

Happy 29th birthday Kolb.

DynaPaul
08-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Well that was a waste of a signing. I hope his head gets better and he calls it a day before it happens again. It's just not worth it anymore.

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 07:35 PM
I wonder what all the people will say who thought he was a great signing and could stay healthy.

X-Era
08-25-2013, 07:43 PM
I wonder what all the people will say who thought he was a great signing and could stay healthy.
That you can't get a legit starting QB for what we paid.

BidsJr
08-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Maybe, but I won't shed a tear. Do you have any idea how much money this guy has been given to do basically nothing in this league? I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. Kick me in the head with a helmet on for a million-plus, and I'll let you do it with a smile on my face. Break a bone or two for another $12 million, and I'll kiss you on the lips afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, because I'm not glad about this...IF his career is over, but he'll even get a pension.

But do you want to know something funny? This potential career ending last-straw injury HAPPENED ON HIS BIRTHDAY!!!! Not kidding. If I were Kolb, I'd consider that a present of sorts.

U mad?

Despicable.

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 08:00 PM
That you can't get a legit starting QB for what we paid.

That would be obvious for most. There were far too many resident homers who thought he could lead us to the playoffs and that his bad play and injuries was because of Arizona.

This guy wasn't even worth banking on as a backup QB. He never stayed healthy for more then 5 games or so and his play was never great to begin with. Now we definitely don't have anything for a backup because they put their eggs in Mr. Glass.

paladin warrior
08-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Kevin Kolb should have Be retire with pass conussion-system before.

feldspar
08-25-2013, 08:06 PM
U mad?

Despicable.

I'm honest.

It's not determined whether Kolb's injury is career-ending or not...if it is, he already made way more money than he was ever going to be worth if he played another decade, probably...WAY more. On top of that, he'll be perfectly fine in most likelihood. If he's not, then I'll feel bad for him. Not like he is maimed or some crap. Hell, I've had a few concussions in my lifetime too...couple of REALLY bad ones. Ever get hit by a car while riding your bicycle? I broke my friggin' hip at around 22 years of age. I'm not a multi-millionaire.

Kolb can retire on his 29th birthday, and I'm supposed to cry a river? It's despicable if I don't weep?

Not like I wish him bad things, but this guy can retire a rich, healthy young man probably, after never having been too great at his job, no less.

JoeMama
08-25-2013, 08:06 PM

It's not sad at all.

Kolb got to play in the NFL and make tens of millions of dollars. Something only 0.00000000001% of the population gets to do.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be thanking the football gods for letting me live an impossibly beautiful dream.

If this is the end of the road for Kolb, he has nothing to be depressed about.

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 08:11 PM

His career would've been over in another year or two anyway once he failed in Buffalo. He made about 25 million dollars for his 21 career games. He should consider himself lucky that the Cardinals were stupid enough to give him 21 million in guaranteed money.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 08:58 PM
frankly, I was shocked at how bad kolb was in practice and preseason... either way, im happy going forward with ej starting and tuel as a promising backup. probably keep leinart as a vet 3rd stringer

- - - Updated - - -

very similar qb makeup to the redskins last year

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 09:05 PM
frankly, I was shocked at how bad kolb was in practice and preseason... either way, im happy going forward with ej starting and tuel as a promising backup. probably keep leinart as a vet 3rd stringer

- - - Updated - - -

very similar qb makeup to the redskins last year

The only way it's similar is because we have an athletic black rookie QB drafted in the 1st round starting with maybe a white rookie behind him as their backup. I wouldn't use that as a great comparison :rofl:

RG3 was highly touted coming out of college and was the #2 pick in the draft. Kirk Cousins was a good project that was drafted in the 4th round. Grossman was a journeyman 3rd string QB who at least had some success and several years as a starter on a winning team.

Manuel has potential and is a raw QB drafted in the middle of the first round. Tuel is an undrafted rookie that litters almost every roster in the NFL during the preseason. Leinart has been a complete waste and has never been a winning QB.

Only people who thinks that somebody is a good player just because they are on the Bills was shocked to see Kolb play this preseason and eventually get injured. Those of us who doesn't knew it from the start from his previous 7 seasons in the league.

Meathead
08-25-2013, 09:13 PM
wow kolb didnt even make it out of the preseason

did NOT see that coming ...

feldspar
08-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Personally, and I've said this several time on record, I wanted to take Landry Jones when he was available in the 4th round. Maybe that's stupid and maybe not, but it sure would have been beneficial at this point...if he wasn't hurt too right now, of course.

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2013, 09:20 PM
So unpredictable.

The Bills never get a break.

Just like predicting that labour costs would be cheaper elsewhere would destroy the City of Buffalo over the past 50 years.

So cursed!

OpIv37
08-26-2013, 07:48 AM
Not really, he's not any good, or we wouldn't have let him go so early. But he's a vet ! So is Leinart who isn't any good either, or Leftwich, Beck, yada yada. Chicago plucked a plum when they grabbed Trent Edwards, who isn't any good and Colt McCoy is on the trading block being not any good. A shame Fitz couldn't take less to stay, he's not any good either, but robust. Nothing much will happen until Manuel is healthy anyway. I honestly prefer the "maybe" of Tuel to any of the proven not goods anyway who will hopefully be riding the pines where they belong.

Let's face it, this season is practice anyway. No one available is going to frost the cake we haven't baked yet, or they wouldn't be available.
If we had kept TJax, the big advantage over those other guys would be that he had all of camp to learn the system. Now, if EJ's not ready to go, or if he gets hurt early, or if he just plain sucks, we are stuck with a guy who has 2 weeks to learn the system.

Thief
08-26-2013, 08:11 AM
If we had kept TJax, the big advantage over those other guys would be that he had all of camp to learn the system. Now, if EJ's not ready to go, or if he gets hurt early, or if he just plain sucks, we are stuck with a guy who has 2 weeks to learn the system.
You are the master of post decision *****ing. You ever started a sentence with "What they should do next is..."?

OpIv37
08-26-2013, 08:21 AM
You are the master of post decision *****ing. You ever started a sentence with "What they should do next is..."?

Hey I said months ago that they should have passed on Kolb and kept TJax, so this isn't post- anything.

And excuse me for expecting the people getting paid millions to run the team to actually know how to do it....

JoeMama
08-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Even I think Op Iv is excessively negative, but to be fair, when has he actually been wrong? Specifically.

It sounds like he's generally right where as the homers are ALWAYS wrong.

trapezeus
08-26-2013, 12:10 PM

the money isn't going to make the brain damage go away. and he had ribs seperated from his sternum(sp?) last year. it's not like he's a CEO of a dying company with a golden parachute. He's willingly been thrown into the fire and routinely been injured. he's paid his price for that money. i wouldn't do it.

JoeMama
08-26-2013, 12:15 PM
the money isn't going to make the brain damage go away. and he had ribs seperated from his sternum(sp?) last year. it's not like he's a CEO of a dying company with a golden parachute. He's willingly been thrown into the fire and routinely been injured. he's paid his price for that money. i wouldn't do it.

Millions of dollars make everything worth it.

I'd definitely take a couple concussions and cracked ribs for millions. No questions asked.

Mr. Pink
08-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I just hope Thad Lewis can learn the playbook and system quickly in case EJ gets hurt...

I want no part of watching Leinart football nor Tuel as he shouldn't even be on the active roster.

trapezeus
08-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Millions of dollars make everything worth it.

I'd definitely take a couple concussions and cracked ribs for millions. No questions asked.

perhaps today you'd say that. when you are 40 and can't sleep at night and constantly have migraines, you might think differently. and that's just the most managable part of the pain.

JoeMama
08-26-2013, 04:39 PM
perhaps today you'd say that. when you are 40 and can't sleep at night and constantly have migraines, you might think differently. and that's just the most managable part of the pain.

I already deal with both those things for free.

I bet tens of millions of dollars in the bank make them easier to manage. Just sayin.

The Popcorn
08-26-2013, 09:24 PM
I feel bad for the guy. No matter where he went, he could never stay healthy long enough to put it all together.

feldspar
08-27-2013, 01:07 AM

What brain damage? Which "brain damage" exactly? The proven type? I don't see any drastic long-term damage here, do you?

LOL, I've been more injured than Kolb over my lifetime...and I don't have $10 million in the bank, or whatever he does...let alone the free health care he does. Forgive me if I don't cry into my sleeve that the guy got a little banged up. I'd have to have brain damage to cry a river over Kolb's personal problems.

I was here defending this guy, then he slips on a mat and then now this. Is this guy going to available to play or not? That's what I care about. He's not friggin' maimed or anything like that.

trapezeus
08-27-2013, 10:29 AM
i didn't think kolb would last the season when he signed. i am stunned he didn't make it TO the season. I didn't want him then and part of me is happy that we didn't have to see his inconsistent play. but 3 concussion in 12months? that's a lot. and i just have compassion for that. I would not be willing to trade my relative health for money.

Look at Kelly and what he's gone through the last year which he says is attributable to his playing days. Just saying, the money isn't always worth it.

for the guys on the board with the same types of injuries and suffer head injury symptoms, i feel bad for them as well.

Bill Cody
08-27-2013, 11:42 AM
I say send another 7th for TJax but never let him dress

trapezeus
08-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I say send another 7th for TJax but never let him dress

and use next year's 6th on a kicker again, so that we really only have 5 viable picks to fix 6+holes on the team.