PDA

View Full Version : Fair to Put the Bills in the Same Group as the Jets, Jags, Raiders & Cards?

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Saw that on the Fox broadcast today.

Also saw it elsewhere.

Seems right to me.

Does it make the homers' dick hard if we are the best of this group?

coastal
08-25-2013, 09:29 PM
It's going to be another long year.

streetkings01
08-25-2013, 09:36 PM
I would say yes

JoeMama
08-25-2013, 09:38 PM
The homers on this forum harbor such scorn and derision for their intellectual betters and it's mind-boggling.

For fans who are wrong 100% of the time, you'd think they'd learn some humility.

2013: "Kevin Kolb is the ultimate iron-man!"

2010: "Chan Gailey is a great head coach!"

2006: "Dick Jauron is a great head coach!"

Mid 2000s: "**** Pat Williams, London Fletcher, and Antoine Winfield. Those guys totally suck!"

2001: "I love Gregg Williams' bullhorn! He's totally in charge!"

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Oh Joe, that hurt.

They will be crying themselves to sleep tonight on their tear stained pillows in their parents' basement.

JoeMama
08-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Oh Joe, that hurt.

They will be crying themselves to sleep tonight on their tear stained pillows in their parents' basement.

Finally the homers and I have something in common.

BuffaloRedleg
08-25-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm relatively new around here, but shoving all this in the "homers" face is silly.

There can't have been that many people who were thinking the team would be good this year. Maybe a couple, but a thread to shove it in their face is giving them too much credit.

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm relatively new around here, but shoving all this in the "homers" face is silly.

There can't have been that many people who were thinking the team would be good this year. Maybe a couple, but a thread to shove it in their face is giving them too much credit.

They are much better fans than you and I because they believed in their team no matter what the press and gurus said.

Meathead
08-25-2013, 10:37 PM
There can't have been that many people who were thinking the team would be good this year.

pssh thursday night after tuel looks good again against the future fry cooks of america we will all be back wiping the last six days dust off our replica lombardi trophy shelves

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 10:41 PM
If not for their division then the Cards could easily have a better record then us. Their defense isn't that bad and Arians did a good job coaching the Colts last season while Pagano was gone.

The main thing they were lacking was any type of QB play. They have a dominant WR but they didn't have anyone who could get him the ball. Carson Palmer is a shadow of his early days but he is far above Kevin Kolb and the others from last season. He should at least be able to get Fitzgerald the ball and score some points for them. If their defense still plays good they can at least be respectable. Their tough division will hurt their overall record though.

We won't be the worse team once again but we will be somewhere in the middle like usual. Right around a 4-6 win team depending on how Manuel plays and how good Marrone does his first season. That would put us right around the Top 5-10 in draft position like usual.

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2013, 10:44 PM
The Bills are Super Bowl bound. You heard it here first.

Meathead
08-25-2013, 10:54 PM
in sports you really never do know, teams do come out of nowhere and make long runs, sometimes to extremely unlikely titles cough la cough kings cough

but the bills are bumping up against some pretty bad probabilities

- qb productivity probably going to be very hit and miss with more of the latter than the former all season
- defense probably going to alternate between hemorrhaging yardage and getting frequent sacks, fumbles, interceptions
- marrone and hackett probably at times going to look like guys who never had their jobs before in the nfl

and of course, surely as nikki minaj will insist she knows a lot about ѕhit shes never been involved in ...

- one way or another the bills will probably find a way to break our hearts in the most excruciating manner possible

my big ass jumbo book of probabilities says the bills are going to be surprisingly competitive but be plagued by the inability to close. five wins

BADTHINGSMAN
08-25-2013, 10:56 PM
IMO yes, The D showed they had a hard time covering motion formations. McKelvin still can't cover. Mario looked lazy at times (yeah its preseason, I get it, blah blah blah). Offense doesn't overly impress me. EJ will need to do more then short passes. Having speedy WR/RB doesn't mean a deep threat or big returns with every kick(that's for NTD).

While I do hope for a good season, I'm keeping my expectations low. Make for a nice surprise if the season does turn out good.

Mace
08-25-2013, 11:02 PM

Also saw it elsewhere.

Seems right to me.

It seems about right and doesn't bother me any, though there are a few other teams I'd throw in there, like Cleveland, and even KC and Philadelphia though they might not like it. Tennessee as well. But but Andy Reid and Chip Kelly !

None of these teams including us has proven a crap yet, and I don't know tradition won't win out. KC rolls over like lil kids, Philadelphia implodes, Tennessee tanks, the Browns muddle, same as we always run in circles.

We get out of the garbage pile when we prove something, if we don't we won't. Same for them. I don't think homers make a difference. You can be as optimistic or pessimistic as you want to be and we won't get to the promised land from it anyway. I probably give homers more credit these days, they're happier than I am with less anxiety.

JohnnyGold
08-25-2013, 11:08 PM
The homers on this forum harbor such scorn and derision for their intellectual betters and it's mind-boggling.

this guy right here is so smart he knows the bills are going to have a bad season before it's happened, but so *****ing stupid he's going to watch anyways :lol:

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 11:28 PM
bills are up there with the pats and ravens imo

Mr. Pink
08-25-2013, 11:35 PM
No.

Only the Jags of that group are as bad as we are.

Bottom three NFL teams - Bills, Browns, Jags. One of the three is picking 1st overall next year.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 11:38 PM
No.

Bottom three NFL teams - Bills, Browns, Jags. One of the three is picking 1st overall next year.

your are living a delusion

Mr. Pink
08-26-2013, 12:18 AM
your are living a delusion

This coming from the guy who thinks undrafted FA's are the second coming of Eric Moulds and EJ is the second coming of Dan Marino.

That's rich.

ICRockets
08-26-2013, 12:20 AM
I don't get why everyone is so concerned. Did Kolb get a concussion in EJ's head somehow? If not, our guy is going to be fine for Week 1 and we'll beat the Patriots.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-26-2013, 12:48 AM

Literally thinks we are up there with the last two AFC champs. Surrre.

better days
08-26-2013, 01:17 AM
This thread is a LIMP DICK.

Beebe
08-26-2013, 01:28 AM
KOLB didn't show us anything we haven't seen before the team didn't play well with him but the team played way better with EJ.Maybe this is a sign we need to start EJ and I hope he does well and if not #1 pick next year and EJ gets a whole year of reps.

coastal
08-26-2013, 04:08 AM
KOLB didn't show us anything we haven't seen before the team didn't play well with him but the team played way better with EJ.Maybe this is a sign we need to start EJ and I hope he does well and if not #1 pick next year and EJ gets a whole year of reps.
Ummmm.... what?

jamze132
08-26-2013, 04:11 AM

Dude, layoff the speed. Slow down and use your words...

kishoph
08-26-2013, 04:29 AM

Don't take any relevance to this thread, this is just a thread were all the bashers ("realist") can meet up to make themselves feel good, their own little circle jerk.

JoeMama
08-26-2013, 06:14 AM
No.

Come on, man. At least at the Raiders to that group.

Have you seen how disastrous their first string is?

I think they're worse than us by a lot.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2013, 06:46 AM
No.

The Raiders are pretty bad too.

OpIv37
08-26-2013, 07:44 AM
I don't get why everyone is so concerned. Did Kolb get a concussion in EJ's head somehow? If not, our guy is going to be fine for Week 1 and we'll beat the Patriots.

Yeah.... Rookie QB who may or may not be ready to come back from injury and make his firs NFL start against the Pats after not practicing for two weeks.... Nope, no reason for concern there.

Buckets
08-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Right now we can't argue with that assesment

Kenny
08-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I wouldnt put the Cards in that group... Just us, the Jets and the Raiders

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 11:17 AM
I think the Browns will be much improved this year. Still no more than a 6 win team but improved.

Mace
08-26-2013, 09:15 PM
I think the Browns will be much improved this year. Still no more than a 6 win team but improved.

I think so too, but I think we will be also despite the record. The end of preseason injuries have just been ridiculous here and sort of trips us up before we even come out of the blocks. I think Cleveland is about the only other flailing team I can relate to. That terrible, nightmarishly surreal Jauron era Bills-Cleveland game was a perfect statement of mutual woe, everlasting. As much as I want to see KC succeed because I am an ancient Chiefs fan, and I sort of want to see Alex Smith make a point....they are the team I want to see flail around in the garbage the most.

KC fans got stupidly cocky (from their boards) when they thought they were New England Jr. and seem convinced of their unearned supremacy every season since. They smell the same as we smell and a bunch of other teams do from wallowing in the garbage for ages.

The preseason anointing of the chosen has gotten boring and predictable and the writing has gotten worse and less informed for some reason in an information age.

I hope we prove something, but until we do I don't expect much, because then we'll inevitably get too much bandwagon press anyway.

SpikedLemonade
08-27-2013, 08:21 AM
I wouldnt put the Cards in that group... Just us, the Jets and the Raiders

The Cards are in a very tough division.

GvilleBills
08-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Gonna be a learning curve year

better days
08-27-2013, 09:14 AM
The Cards are in a very tough division.

Until a couple years ago, the NFC West was one of the WORST in the NFL.

There was not one GOOD team in the entire division.

Now look at them. It should give us hope....................things do change.

djjimkelly
08-27-2013, 09:58 AM
till we stop picking in the top 10 every year of course we are grouped in with these teams

justasportsfan
08-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Trap is the only homer here who guessed 11-5 :D

trapezeus
08-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Trap is the only homer here who guessed 11-5 :D

it's bleak right now. i still think a win vs the pats in week 1 changes alot of things, regardless of the pat's strength. you might see a team with a very different attitude.

from the redskins game to today, there are a ton of factors pointing to the fact their depth is woefully weak.

as for the thread, the bills stay in the slotting they received last year, until they prove otherwise. they were one of the worst teams last year. until they show us different, we should probably expect as much and the national media will definitely do the same.

and the national media knows the last two hot starts and won't give the bills any benefits of the doubt until they are a legitimate playoff contender in the late part of the season.

I take no issue with being ranked at the bottom. that's the team we've been.

justasportsfan
08-27-2013, 11:05 AM
it's bleak right now. i still think a win vs the pats in week 1 changes alot of things, regardless of the pat's strength. you might see a team with a very different attitude.

from the redskins game to today, there are a ton of factors pointing to the fact their depth is woefully weak.

as for the thread, the bills stay in the slotting they received last year, until they prove otherwise. they were one of the worst teams last year. until they show us different, we should probably expect as much and the national media will definitely do the same.

and the national media knows the last two hot starts and won't give the bills any benefits of the doubt until they are a legitimate playoff contender in the late part of the season.

I take no issue with being ranked at the bottom. that's the team we've been.

I understand things change which is why I don't say the sky is falling as early as FA and the draft. You went from 2-14 to 11-5 and now bottom again.

Pinkerton Security
08-27-2013, 11:13 AM

Also saw it elsewhere.

Seems right to me.

Are you finger banging yourself if we arent the best of this group? I submit yes.

kingJofNYC
08-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Team is terrible.

PTI
Colin just changed a few, but not the Bills, claims that there are so many really bad teams in the AFC that the Bills will still win 6 games. I agree with except, I think they will still get 8 wins.

justasportsfan
Are you finger banging yourself if we arent the best of this group? I submit yes.

other than NTD who are these homers anyways and what did they predict even when everyone was healthy?

malvado78
08-27-2013, 11:39 AM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9tF1EJhaIbGePszZ5dDSF-kR4bSntkjGZyVNKb6K2GijjT5xa

trapezeus
08-27-2013, 12:44 PM
I understand things change which is why I don't say the sky is falling as early as FA and the draft. You went from 2-14 to 11-5 and now bottom again.

i said that the pats game is what really determines the season. i feel like if they beat the pats, the trust between the team, coaches and community is that the old way is dead and a new start is out there.

i also said losing to the pats badly at home, will feel very simlar to years past.

tuel is going to have to manage a great game at this point with a team that takes a lot of penalties still and and OL that is struggling. Perhaps running CJ all game will smooth that out.

justasportsfan
08-27-2013, 12:49 PM
i said that the pats game is what really determines the season. i feel like if they beat the pats, the trust between the team, coaches and community is that the old way is dead and a new start is out there.

i also said losing to the pats badly at home, will feel very simlar to years past.

tuel is going to have to manage a great game at this point with a team that takes a lot of penalties still and and OL that is struggling. Perhaps running CJ all game will smooth that out.

IF they beat up the pats? At first I thought there's no way to beat the pats let alone beat up on them. we homers should stick together. ;)