Fair to Put the Bills in the Same Group as the Jets, Jags, Raiders & Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Fair to Put the Bills in the Same Group as the Jets, Jags, Raiders & Cards?

Saw that on the Fox broadcast today.

Also saw it elsewhere.

Seems right to me.

Does it make the homers' dick hard if we are the best of this group?
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Fair to Put the Bills in the Same Group as the Jets, Jags, Raiders & Cards?

It's going to be another long year.

Comment

• streetkings01
      • Jul 2006

I would say yes
      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• JoeMama
        Emotion Sickness
        • Oct 2002

The homers on this forum harbor such scorn and derision for their intellectual betters and it's mind-boggling.

For fans who are wrong 100% of the time, you'd think they'd learn some humility.

2013: "Kevin Kolb is the ultimate iron-man!"

2010: "Chan Gailey is a great head coach!"

2006: "Dick Jauron is a great head coach!"

Mid 2000s: "**** Pat Williams, London Fletcher, and Antoine Winfield. Those guys totally suck!"

2001: "I love Gregg Williams' bullhorn! He's totally in charge!"
        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

Oh Joe, that hurt.

They will be crying themselves to sleep tonight on their tear stained pillows in their parents' basement.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
            Oh Joe, that hurt.

They will be crying themselves to sleep tonight on their tear stained pillows in their parents' basement.
            Finally the homers and I have something in common.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
              • Aug 2013

I'm relatively new around here, but shoving all this in the "homers" face is silly.

There can't have been that many people who were thinking the team would be good this year. Maybe a couple, but a thread to shove it in their face is giving them too much credit.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                I'm relatively new around here, but shoving all this in the "homers" face is silly.

There can't have been that many people who were thinking the team would be good this year. Maybe a couple, but a thread to shove it in their face is giving them too much credit.
                They are much better fans than you and I because they believed in their team no matter what the press and gurus said.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                  There can't have been that many people who were thinking the team would be good this year.
                  pssh thursday night after tuel looks good again against the future fry cooks of america we will all be back wiping the last six days dust off our replica lombardi trophy shelves
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

If not for their division then the Cards could easily have a better record then us. Their defense isn't that bad and Arians did a good job coaching the Colts last season while Pagano was gone.

The main thing they were lacking was any type of QB play. They have a dominant WR but they didn't have anyone who could get him the ball. Carson Palmer is a shadow of his early days but he is far above Kevin Kolb and the others from last season. He should at least be able to get Fitzgerald the ball and score some points for them. If their defense still plays good they can at least be respectable. Their tough division will hurt their overall record though.

We won't be the worse team once again but we will be somewhere in the middle like usual. Right around a 4-6 win team depending on how Manuel plays and how good Marrone does his first season. That would put us right around the Top 5-10 in draft position like usual.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

The Bills are Super Bowl bound. You heard it here first.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

in sports you really never do know, teams do come out of nowhere and make long runs, sometimes to extremely unlikely titles cough la cough kings cough

but the bills are bumping up against some pretty bad probabilities

- qb productivity probably going to be very hit and miss with more of the latter than the former all season
                        - defense probably going to alternate between hemorrhaging yardage and getting frequent sacks, fumbles, interceptions
                        - marrone and hackett probably at times going to look like guys who never had their jobs before in the nfl

and of course, surely as nikki minaj will insist she knows a lot about ѕhit shes never been involved in ...

- one way or another the bills will probably find a way to break our hearts in the most excruciating manner possible

my big ass jumbo book of probabilities says the bills are going to be surprisingly competitive but be plagued by the inability to close. five wins
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                          • Oct 2002

IMO yes, The D showed they had a hard time covering motion formations. McKelvin still can't cover. Mario looked lazy at times (yeah its preseason, I get it, blah blah blah). Offense doesn't overly impress me. EJ will need to do more then short passes. Having speedy WR/RB doesn't mean a deep threat or big returns with every kick(that's for NTD).

While I do hope for a good season, I'm keeping my expectations low. Make for a nice surprise if the season does turn out good.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            Saw that on the Fox broadcast today.

Also saw it elsewhere.

Seems right to me.

Does it make the homers' dick hard if we are the best of this group?
                            It seems about right and doesn't bother me any, though there are a few other teams I'd throw in there, like Cleveland, and even KC and Philadelphia though they might not like it. Tennessee as well. But but Andy Reid and Chip Kelly !

None of these teams including us has proven a crap yet, and I don't know tradition won't win out. KC rolls over like lil kids, Philadelphia implodes, Tennessee tanks, the Browns muddle, same as we always run in circles.

We get out of the garbage pile when we prove something, if we don't we won't. Same for them. I don't think homers make a difference. You can be as optimistic or pessimistic as you want to be and we won't get to the promised land from it anyway. I probably give homers more credit these days, they're happier than I am with less anxiety.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                              The homers on this forum harbor such scorn and derision for their intellectual betters and it's mind-boggling.

this guy right here is so smart he knows the bills are going to have a bad season before it's happened, but so *****ing stupid he's going to watch anyways

Comment

Working...
                              X