PDA

View Full Version : MARTIN MAYHEW CALLING AROUND FOR STARTING CALIBER WR...

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 11:03 PM
im not sure this is too relevant, but maybe we can package one of our up and comers like Easley or rogers for a player /pick. broyles isn't healthy, Edwards and Burleson can get any separation.... they are desperate, so????

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 11:04 PM
I really like leshoure and Rodney Austin as an up and coming guard, I also would love willie young maybe...

BADTHINGSMAN
08-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Give up Eric Moulds or Eric Moulds? Never.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 11:08 PM
im telling you this, with that spot on the waiver wire, I guarantee you they will pick up Easley or rogers in a second...

BADTHINGSMAN
08-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Well of course. Who wouldn't pick up Eric Moulds or Eric Moulds?

On a serious note, Easley is so frustrating. Has the potential to be a decent WR but can never stay healthy. Of the 2 Id rather keep Easley.

DraftBoy
08-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Ummm...we made a trade with the Lions earlier. If they wanted one of our WR's they would of let us know already.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Ummm...we made a trade with the Lions earlier. If they wanted one of our WR's they would of let us know already.

maybe they wanted someone else we didn't want to give up.

Skooby
08-26-2013, 12:01 AM

Maybe they just wanted to grease the wheels.

jamze132
08-26-2013, 04:13 AM
Maybe they just really like Chris White for coverage teams...

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2013, 04:59 AM
The Bills really only have 1, maybe 2 starting caliber WRs right now (Johnson and Woods, albeit unproven)

The other guys - unproven and/or fringe players.

better days
08-26-2013, 08:39 AM
The Bills really only have 1, maybe 2 starting caliber WRs right now (Johnson and Woods, albeit unproven)

The other guys - unproven and/or fringe players.

Proven starters? No team is going to trade a proven starter unless he has a huge amount of baggage.

The Bills do have a number of receivers with the potential to be a starter in the NFL. Too many to keep them all.

If they can trade a receiver for any pick at all or a player in a position of need, it would be great because otherwise they will cut a player that some team will pick up ( Patriots* cough cough).

NOT THE DUDE...
08-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Proven starters? No team is going to trade a proven starter unless he has a huge amount of baggage.

The Bills do have a number of receivers with the potential to be a starter in the NFL. Too many to keep them all.

If they can trade a receiver for any pick at all or a player in a position of need, it would be great because otherwise they will cut a player that some team will pick up ( Patriots* cough cough).

A big, fast deep threat like Easley or rogers would be perfect opposite calvin, all he has to do is catch 1 deep ball a game.... I bet they would make the trade. no team is going to just trade their two best wrs

GingerP
08-26-2013, 08:47 AM

Right, the Bills have a "number of receivers with the potential to be a starter in the NFL". Of course, so does every team.

There are 2 things a player needs to have "potential to be a starter in the NFL":

1) Be on a roster
2) Not having done it yet

"potential" is a word people use when a guy has proven nothing. There are a lot of guys on rosters who were great college athletes or have great test skills. Of course, until they show they can perform at an NFL level they are just top college players who can run fast. There is a lot more to playing in the NFL.

better days
08-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Right, the Bills have a "number of receivers with the potential to be a starter in the NFL". Of course, so does every team.

There are 2 things a player needs to have "potential to be a starter in the NFL":

1) Be on a roster
2) Not having done it yet

"potential" is a word people use when a guy has proven nothing. There are a lot of guys on rosters who were great college athletes or have great test skills. Of course, until they show they can perform at an NFL level they are just top college players who can run fast. There is a lot more to playing in the NFL.

Well, potential means a person has not done anything yet.

Of course speed is only one skill a receiver needs. Who said otherwise?

But there are players on other teams rosters that do not have the size, speed, hands of the Bills Receivers.

At least one receiver will not make this Bills roster that has BETTER speed or size or hands than the 5th or 6th receiver on another team & you can bet he will be signed by some other team.

GingerP
08-26-2013, 09:09 AM
But there are players on other teams rosters that do not have the size, speed, hands of the Bills Receivers.

At least one receiver will not make this Bills roster that has BETTER speed or size or hands than the 5th or 6th receiver on another team & you can bet he will be signed by some other team.

Point is, though, is that is just your opinion. It is all in your head. Who is to say the Bills are going to cut a guy who is better than a WR who makes another team? Have you seem them all play?

The Bills are rebuilding the position and have a number of young guys, but only time will tell if they pan out. We don't even know if they are NFL-capable yet, because they haven't even played in a real game. Most people are hoping they find a couple who can play beyond Stevie Johnson, because we don't even know if they have that.

better days
08-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Point is, though, is that is just your opinion. It is all in your head. Who is to say the Bills are going to cut a guy who is better than a WR who makes another team? Have you seem them all play?

The Bills are rebuilding the position and have a number of young guys, but only time will tell if they pan out. We don't even know if they are NFL-capable yet, because they haven't even played in a real game. Most people are hoping they find a couple who can play beyond Stevie Johnson, because we don't even know if they have that.

Well, I will bet you whoever the Bills do cut if they can't make a trade will be picked up by another team.

Want to bet?

GingerP
08-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Well, I will bet you whoever the Bills do cut if they can't make a trade will be picked up by another team.

Want to bet?

No, not really. What would that prove? Last year the Bills cut Derek Hagan and he was picked up by the Raiders. Does that mean the Bills were super-talented at WR and Hagan was a stud? Hardly, teams pick up players to look at them all the time. They are constantly churning the bottom of their roster.

I'd bet that they aren't going to be able to make a trade with a WR, unless it is Stevie or maybe Woods. Nobody is going to give up something of value for the bottom of the Bills WR corps, which are full of crap-shoot players.

stuckincincy
08-26-2013, 09:36 AM
No, not really. What would that prove? Last year the Bills cut Derek Hagan and he was picked up by the Raiders. Does that mean the Bills were super-talented at WR and Hagan was a stud? Hardly, teams pick up players to look at them all the time. They are constantly churning the bottom of their roster.

I'd bet that they aren't going to be able to make a trade with a WR, unless it is Stevie or maybe Woods. Nobody is going to give up something of value for the bottom of the Bills WR corps, which are full of crap-shoot players.

I'd guess most every club has WRs now, that had a flash play or two in pre season. And fans feel that they are valuable. But like you say, they get cut and perhaps end up on a practice squad somewhere. A lucky few get picked up off the wire. Some sit at home and get a call - often from their previous employer - as injury replacements.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-26-2013, 09:40 AM
lions will sign rogers now, watch

The Popcorn
08-26-2013, 10:08 PM
TO's AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!

I'll take my popcorn to Detroit.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-26-2013, 11:17 PM
maybe Motown will sign braylon Edwards. he would fit in well here in detroit