PDA

View Full Version : Bills blunder again at QB, should never have cut Tarvaris Jackson

PTI
08-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Seriously, he is good enough to be the primary backup on Super Bowl contending team, but simply released by the Bills. I mean, be would have been very valuable to have right now. Really good preseason too, 3 TDs, 0 Ints, and about 120 QB rating thus far.

Never liked that that he never got a chance here. Bills would be OK if they had him still.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I don't think its worth our time to be upset about who are 3rd qb is, just sayin

stuckincincy
08-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Seriously, he is good enough to be the primary backup on Super Bowl contending team, but simply released by the Bills. I mean, be would have been very valuable to have right now. Really good preseason too, 3 TDs, 0 Ints, and about 120 QB rating thus far.

Never liked that that he never got a chance here. Bills would be OK if they had him still.

Seemed odd that he didn't get a few snaps last season. NFL contracts being what they are, maybe they saved a few bucks. Oh well - hindsight.

mayotm
08-26-2013, 09:27 AM
It's amazing how many Tarvaris Jackson fans are coming out now. I must have missed all the threads / posts voicing displeasure when he was cut.

OpIv37
08-26-2013, 09:30 AM
It's amazing how many Tarvaris Jackson fans are coming out now. I must have missed all the threads / posts voicing displeasure when he was cut.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I voiced displeasure when TJax was cut- not because I think he's so great, but because a) I thought it was stupid to give up a pick for the guy and never give him a chance and b) I thought it was stupid to go with Kolb over TJax because Kolb isn any better and is more injury prone.

PTI
08-26-2013, 09:34 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I voiced displeasure when TJax was cut- not because I think he's so great, but because a) I thought it was stupid to give up a pick for the guy and never give him a chance and b) I thought it was stupid to go with Kolb over TJax because Kolb isn any better and is more injury prone.

I remember seeing several people, including you voicing displeasure, the management of him as a player for the Buffalo Bills was certainly dumbfounding.

mayotm
08-26-2013, 09:35 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I voiced displeasure when TJax was cut- not because I think he's so great, but because a) I thought it was stupid to give up a pick for the guy and never give him a chance and b) I thought it was stupid to go with Kolb over TJax because Kolb isn any better and is more injury prone.I'm sure there were some who did. Just not as many that are coming out now. Cutting either Kolb or Jackson was the right thing to do to get EJ more reps. As it turned out, they cut the wrong player.

The King
08-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Once again I think cutting TJax was a courtesy to him. They felt he was behind Kolb and gave him the chance to catch on elsewhere.

Thurmal
08-26-2013, 10:10 AM
It was ridiculous that he didn't get a start or two at the end of last season to see what he could do. Gailey was being stubborn and was hellbent on running his Fitzpatrick-centered offense whether it got him fired or not.

JoeMama
08-26-2013, 10:21 AM
It seems like Doug Marrone did Tarvaris Jackson a kindness in hopes he'd find a job elsewhere.

Which is disappointing in hindsight.

If even some random dude like me can recognize that Kevin Kolb has no chance of staying healthy, certainly a pro-head coach can too?

justasportsfan
08-26-2013, 10:39 AM

If we made the wrong decision letting go of TJAx over Kolb, hindsight 20/20 . If we kept him and kept Kolb however, EJ wouldn't have gotten the snaps and wouldn't have developed as fast.

OpIv37
08-26-2013, 11:17 AM
It was ridiculous that he didn't get a start or two at the end of last season to see what he could do. Gailey was being stubborn and was hellbent on running his Fitzpatrick-centered offense whether it got him fired or not.
Either that, or Jackson had some playing time incentive in his contract that the Bills didnt want to pay.

trapezeus
08-26-2013, 11:50 AM
i think if the bills really thought that ej could be a starter in week 1, then cutting Tjax was stupid. because tjax is many things, but its well documented that he plays through the pain. So if you just needed a vet back up, tjax was your guy.

if the bills really didn't know if ej would be ready and wanted kolb to play to start off and see where it goes, they made the right decision at that time. especially getting tuel who was favorably viewed but struck by injury bug in college. you would have thought, tuel gets 2 when ej moves up in the event of a kolb injury.

this reminds me of the minor league version of the sabres defensive injuries in the 2006 playoff run. the injuries that are coming out this week are beyond getting upset over. it's a joke.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-26-2013, 11:53 AM
well, youre pretty spot on now. wish we had him lol

- - - Updated - - -

maybe they think tuel is better than tjax, I mean, obviously right?

better days
08-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Once again I think cutting TJax was a courtesy to him. They felt he was behind Kolb and gave him the chance to catch on elsewhere.

I agree, but in hindsight, it was a bad decision to cut T Jax. I have to admit I gave Marrone the benefit of the doubt on it at the time.

Bad luck or poor decision to cut TJax? It looks like the latter now.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 12:51 PM
I agree, but in hindsight, it was a bad decision to cut T Jax. I have to admit I gave Marrone the benefit of the doubt on it at the time.

You had to give Marrone the benefit of the doubt.

After all, even though he was never a NFL HC, he brought the powerhouse Syracuse to a 8-5 record.

You can't question that.

better days
08-26-2013, 01:02 PM
You had to give Marrone the benefit of the doubt.

After all, even though he was never a NFL HC, he brought the powerhouse Syracuse to a 8-5 record.

You can't question that.

Well, not to mention he Coached the Cuse to a win in the IMPRESSIVE Pinstripe Bowl & did not push the Bills to draft either QB from that game.