PDA

View Full Version : Rogers cut

GingerP
08-26-2013, 09:30 AM
The legend of D'Rick proved to be a myth.

Per Tim Graham:

Bills have released WR Da'Rick Rogers, WR DeMarco Sampson, C Ryan Turnley, CB Jumal Rolle, DB Dominique Ellis

ServoBillieves
08-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Lol. Let the mayhem begin.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-26-2013, 09:39 AM
man, probably biggest disappointment of camp, rogers

X-Era
08-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Good for Marrone.

All the potential in the world but was cut due to mental lapses and poor routes.

stuckincincy
08-26-2013, 09:42 AM
The legend of D'Rick proved to be a myth.

Per Tim Graham:

Bills have released WR Da'Rick Rogers, WR DeMarco Sampson, C Ryan Turnley, CB Jumal Rolle, DB Dominique Ellis

Maybe the kid can pull it together as time passes. The late Chris Henry was a fortunate one who did. I wish him well.

Mr. Miyagi
08-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I would've put him on PS.

NOT THE DUDE...
lions will sign him, they have literally nothing opposite calvin

GingerP

Still can in a couple weeks, if he doesn't make another roster.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2013, 09:46 AM

You are like the curse to Bills rookies.......

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2013, 09:47 AM

Why can't they? He has to clear waivers anyway to be there

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2013, 09:47 AM

And Rogers helps them how?

NOT THE DUDE...
08-26-2013, 09:48 AM
nate clements?

jdaltroy5
08-26-2013, 10:02 AM
I never understand why people get hyped up on UDFAs and late round rookies.

They are late round rookies and UDFAs for a reason.

It's not like all the other teams just forgot to scout them.

ServoBillieves
08-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Michael Jasper was also cut by the Giants... someone said we should bring him in again. Seems legit.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like all the other teams just forgot to scout them.

B... but Martin Nance was going to be a star!

Oaf
08-26-2013, 10:06 AM
I thought this was about Justin Rogers. :mad:

GingerP
08-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Michael Jasper was also cut by the Giants... someone said we should bring him in again. Seems legit.

Think he can play corner?

Tatonka
08-26-2013, 10:09 AM
the writing was on the wall after his total lack of playing time in the skins game.

X-Era
08-26-2013, 10:15 AM

It's not like all the other teams just forgot to scout them.IDK. Ask Pat Williams, Jabari Greer, Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson...

Oaf
08-26-2013, 10:20 AM
I wish we would have got Kenbrell Thompkins instead - he's starting for the Pats.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish we would have got Kenbrell Thompkins instead - he's starting for the Pats.

jdaltroy5
08-26-2013, 10:33 AM
IDK. Ask Pat Williams, Jabari Greer, Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson...
I'm not saying that EVERY late round pick or UDFA is going to suck.

I'm saying I don't know why people get hyped up about them, because the vast majority of them end up out of the league within 2-3 years.

There's a reason that you know about the guys you just named. Because it's so rare for an UDFA/late rounder to make it.

There were a startling amount of people that expected Rogers to start opposite Stevie this year.

justasportsfan
08-26-2013, 10:35 AM

jets

Pinkerton Security
08-26-2013, 10:58 AM

not sure if you know what the word "literally" means.

DraftBoy
08-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Not a huge shock here, let's see if he makes it through waivers.

Also a great sign for Hogan and Easley.

Meathead
08-26-2013, 11:06 AM
a former projected first rounder flopping out before final cuts on a wr starved is a really bad sign that something is seriously wrong with the guys chances in the nfl

Pinkerton Security
08-26-2013, 11:08 AM

also, remember when you were throwing around Julio Jones comparisons, whether they were yours or not, and everyone crapped all over you? This is why you dont do that. I am all about positivity but lets temper our expectations a little next time.

stuckincincy
08-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Not a huge shock here, let's see if he makes it through waivers.

Also a great sign for Hogan and Easley.

Regardless of what personnel was on the field for both clubs in the ps opener, Easley got open, and got space around him. An impressive performance IMO.

trapezeus
08-26-2013, 11:37 AM
i didn't think rogers was going to do much when we signed him...mostly because not the dude was so high on him.

but after watching how the WR's have played, he was in a tough race with guys who are either seasoned in NFL camps and know how important it is to be really good and with guys who were drafted high and seem to get what it takes to be in the NFL.

and frankly, my feeling (no inside knowledge or anything) is that the guy just didn't grasp the playbooks well enough compared to the other guys. and it's worth canning the guy who doesn't know much than cutting a guy who got it and can go to the competitor.

Captain gameboy
08-26-2013, 12:47 PM
He was skewered by Chris Brown during the radio cast from the game.

Essentially accused of being an ADD guy.

Toughest words I've ever heard. I'm surprised he even made the trip.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Disappointing that he didn't pan out. Maybe he'll make it to the practice squad and we can try it again next year.

trapezeus
08-26-2013, 01:37 PM
i think some of these highly atheletic WR's tend to take time to develop because up until the NFL, they could rely on their natural ability to win a play. They didn't need to know the playbook well, they just had to show wide open separation from their DB.

Now the windows are so tights, plays are so choreographed, that QB's need to know you'll be where you are supposed to be or they are the ones who look bad.

Hogan and Easley look very capable. and they are getting a lot of targeted passes meaning the qb's feel comfortable with them.

Rogers knock was his immaturity and the little we've seen of him in games makes it obvious that that is still an issue. he could eventually get it, but on a team with a lot of WR talent, this isn't the place to find out if he can improve 2-3 years down the road.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-26-2013, 01:44 PM
also, remember when you were throwing around Julio Jones comparisons, whether they were yours or not, and everyone crapped all over you? This is why you dont do that. I am all about positivity but lets temper our expectations a little next time.

Also Eric Moulds.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-26-2013, 01:46 PM

When you throw comparisons around like you do, it makes it seem like a bigger disappointment than it really is.

Oaf
08-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Joique Bell worked out for them.

BillsFever21
08-26-2013, 03:41 PM

But he is a Julio Jones clone...

The #2 WR prediction worked out as good as the Tank Carder prediction from last season. Or the Kevin Kolb and the 5 different starting caliber LG's during this offseason. Maybe you should get out of the football prediction business. :rofl:

This is just another case of somebody taking one of our undrafted FA's and claiming they will be a star. There is at least one of them every season then too many make this claim with. There are a few hundred undrafted FA's throughout the NFL every offseason but for some reason ours will always be a star.

Night Train
08-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Million dollar build.

10 cent brain.

Mr. Miyagi
08-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Bellichick will sign him off waivers. If not to help the terrible Pats WR core, at least to pick his brain on our offense then cut him.

justasportsfan
08-27-2013, 12:14 PM
at least to pick his brain on our offense then cut him. wrong guy to ask , but I'm all for it.

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Has any team signed Kwame Cavil, er, Martin Nance, er, um... Da'Rick Rogers yet?

jdaltroy5
08-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Bellichick will sign him off waivers. If not to help the terrible Pats WR core, at least to pick his brain on our offense then cut him.
It's a good thing that he was most likely cut because he couldn't learn the offense.

This will end up helping us. He's probably just going to give him a lot of misinformation.

Turf
08-27-2013, 12:41 PM
They'd be better off asking Steve Correl's character from the anchorman what type of offense we run. It's ablashamatic dushoaven.

better days
08-27-2013, 12:58 PM
I think another Receiver is one of the final cuts. That is the receiver the Pats* will sign.

Bill Cody
08-27-2013, 04:02 PM

Think this through. If he understood our offense he wouldn't have been cut.

Mr. Miyagi
08-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Think this through. If he understood our offense he wouldn't have been cut.
Explain Donald Jones.

trapezeus
08-27-2013, 04:42 PM
obviously the bills knew about jones kidney. perhaps that was a deciding factor and his lack of numbers.

i could see why someone would take jones. he played with a weak, inaccurate qb, but made catches when thrown to. and when passes were thrown on target, he got yac.

i think d'rick rogers didn't grasp the high paced offense and got himself in the dog house. i would think a coaching staff that sees a guy not really study hard probably pulls back on the level of info they are handing out.

i think rogers has a lot of upside, but i think getting cut from a team or two might be the thing that wakes him up and gets him to not rely solely on his athleticism. It's no longer college. everyone has talent. the guys who put the work in are the ones who succeed.

BertSquirtgum
08-27-2013, 08:46 PM
I hope he clears waivers and the Bills sign him to the squad. He needs some time to learn the mental aspect of the NFL game.

Bill Cody
08-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Explain Donald Jones.

A guy they thought had a shot of being a 4th or 5th receiver but had a medical condition and retired.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he clears waivers and the Bills sign him to the squad. He needs some time to learn the mental aspect of the NFL game.

How about the mental aspect of life?

GingerP
08-28-2013, 10:37 AM

He did clear waivers, which means nobody wants him at even the minimum. I would think any team interested would want to bring him and and see how he handled their system, even if they were just interested in cutting him later and trying to sign him to the PS. The kid must be a real mush-head.

trapezeus
08-28-2013, 10:46 AM
maybe he's an easley. maybe he needs 3 years of fighting through it before he really gets his chance.

whatever the case is, it doesn't seem like right now is his time.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Lets see if I have this correct.

1) Rogers was a NARC at Tennessee and it became problematic and he was cut
2) This caused him to free fall through the draft rankings
3) He went undrafted
4) We picked him up as a UDFA
5) He didn't show much in camp or in the pre-season

Why is anyone surprised that he got cut and/or crying the sky is falling? He had lots of question marks regarding character and he couldn't produce enough to justify continuing the experiment. He'll be out of the league in less than three years.

justasportsfan
08-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Seemed Hogan and Easely have played better and have ST capability.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-28-2013, 12:50 PM
1) Rogers was a NARC at Tennessee and it became problematic and he was cut

"NARC." I do not think it means what you think it means.

swiper
08-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Also Eric Moulds.

NOTTHEDUDE is a troll. Why do you guys let him do it?

Tatonka
08-29-2013, 09:21 AM
so no one picked him up at all huh?

justasportsfan
08-29-2013, 09:30 AM
we should bring him back to play CB

better days
08-29-2013, 09:30 AM
NOTTHEDUDE is a troll. Why do you guys let him do it?

I think a troll is a fan from a different team that comes on a board to get a rise out of that teams real fans.

The Dude is a Bills fan without question so I don't think he is a troll.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-29-2013, 12:11 PM
"NARC." I do not think it means what you think it means.

So he was the antithesis of narc, or better yet one who was turned in by a NARC. Sorry, I thought it meant narcotic user. Well, in that case I meant to say doper.

stuckincincy
08-29-2013, 12:17 PM
I think a troll is a fan from a different team that comes on a board to get a rise out of that teams real fans.

The Dude is a Bills fan without question so I don't think he is a troll.

Agreed.

Crisis
08-29-2013, 01:21 PM
He's not a troll, he's just... special.

don137
08-29-2013, 02:03 PM

Bellichick has said he wants intelligent players. Rogers seems to be a players that is athletic but his mental mistakes indicates he is probably not the smartest guy.

sukie
08-29-2013, 02:09 PM
D'Rick must be special. An UFA gets whacked in the first round of cuts and garners 3 pages on a fan forum. Someone HAS to pick this guy up.

stuckincincy
08-29-2013, 02:23 PM
D'Rick must be special. An UFA gets whacked in the first round of cuts and garners 3 pages on a fan forum. Someone HAS to pick this guy up.

Perhaps the Cookville, Tennessee police department...

GingerP
08-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Rogers has a try out with Miami yesterday. Hanging out on South Beach would probably help him stay out of trouble, right?

GingerP
09-02-2013, 08:23 AM
The Colts signed Da'Rick Rogers to their PS. The legend continues in Indianapolis...

Meathead
09-02-2013, 09:37 AM
so the bills didnt even want him on the ps. now thats embarrassing duhrick

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Hes a Dolt, uh, Colt

lmcshadow
09-02-2013, 11:25 AM
This might bite us in the A$*

feldspar
09-02-2013, 11:35 AM
LOL, I looked at the title of the thread "Rogers cut," and I thought it meant Justin Rogers there for a second...that wouldn't make much sense considering the Bills' CB issues...whew...not that Justin Rogers is all that great, but cutting him wouldn't make any sense right now.

ServoBillieves
09-02-2013, 12:45 PM
This might bite us in the A$*

Yes. The UDFA that no one wanted could come back to bite us in the ass.