• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Does Gilmore get the 8-week PUP tag?

Just askin'. AFAIK, you don't have to decide until the final cut day.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-26-2013, 10:11 AM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.
  • GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Re: Does Gilmore get the 8-week PUP tag?

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Just askin'. AFAIK, you don't have to decide until the final cut day.
    If you are talking the I/R-return designation (not eligible for PUP), they don't have to decide right away. The rules are:

1) He has to be on the initial roster, so he has to be on the cut-down to 53.
    2) He has to have an injury that would last at least 6 weeks.
    3) He has to get the return designation when placed on I/R, you can't I/R a guy and change it to return designation
    4) He can return to practice 6 weeks from the date he is placed on I/R. He can return to active status 8 weeks from when he is placed on I/R.

They will probably keep him on the active roster and not use the designation if there is a chance he can return sooner. He is good enough to do that, and unless they are really hard-up for roster spots it is worth it.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Re: Does Gilmore get the 8-week PUP tag?

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
      If you are talking the I/R-return designation (not eligible for PUP), they don't have to decide right away. The rules are:

1) He has to be on the initial roster, so he has to be on the cut-down to 53.
      2) He has to have an injury that would last at least 6 weeks.
      3) He has to get the return designation when placed on I/R, you can't I/R a guy and change it to return designation
      4) He can return to practice 6 weeks from the date he is placed on I/R. He can return to active status 8 weeks from when he is placed on I/R.

They will probably keep him on the active roster and not use the designation if there is a chance he can return sooner. He is good enough to do that, and unless they are really hard-up for roster spots it is worth it.
      Thank you for the clarification.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
      X