PDA

View Full Version : We Are One Key Injury (CJ, EJ, Eric) Away From a 2-14 Season

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 11:31 AM
No one can predict injuries. They are random.

One can predict the impact of injuries on a roster that is as deep as the skin on Ralph's ass.

Perhaps we should have spent some of the $20M in unspent cap space rather than letting Ralph sit on it once again.

Scrambling now to find QBs and CBs is an embarrassment.

OpIv37
08-26-2013, 11:35 AM
I disagree.

We were one injury away. If healthy we are a 4-5 win team. With Gilmore definitely missing time and EJ possibly missing time and someone who doesn't know the system filling in, I think we are already a 2 win team.

DraftBoy
08-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm with Op right now I see 2-3 wins. I thought healthy with a QB clicking we could win 5-7. No way anymore.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 11:40 AM
I initially thought we would be a 2-14 team after the draft but moved to 3-13 with the hope that we might be able to ride the enthusiasm of this new coaching staff to an additional win.

The talent on this team is just poor.

Mr. Pink
08-26-2013, 12:13 PM
If CJ got hurt, this team doesn't beat anyone.

HAMMER
08-26-2013, 12:16 PM
It's gonna get ugly. At least we will have a shot at Clowney.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 12:43 PM

A top 3 pick this year would be a positive development for the future of this team.

Besides Ralph's death.

Skooby
08-26-2013, 01:02 PM
The under is looking like a great bet, 5 wins?? lOl

jills
08-26-2013, 01:05 PM
LMAO @ the people who predicted 7+ wins

Meathead
08-26-2013, 01:09 PM
i understand that a spiller or manuel injury would doom the season but i think we would be ok without pears

better days
08-26-2013, 01:12 PM
The Chicken Littles have come to roost.

EJ is NOT out for the season, either is Gilmore.

I still expect this team to win 6 games minimum.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 01:14 PM
LMAO @ the people who predicted 7+ wins

They are better fans than us.

better days
08-26-2013, 01:16 PM
No one can predict injuries. They are random.

One can predict the impact of injuries on a roster that is as deep as the skin on Ralph's ass.

Perhaps we should have spent some of the $20M in unspent cap space rather than letting Ralph sit on it once again.

Scrambling now to find QBs and CBs is an embarrassment.

And if Brady is injured week one & is out for the season. How many games would the Pats* win?

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 01:17 PM
i understand that a spiller or manuel injury would doom the season but i think we would be ok without pears

Woods you Four Wheel Wheely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrAmqykxWuM

Thurmal
08-26-2013, 01:17 PM
No we won't. The Bills will pull off a highly unlikely upset at the end of the year to screw up their draft position. I'm not even joking; that's what will happen.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 01:19 PM
The Chicken Littles have come to roost.

EJ is NOT out for the season, either is Gilmore.

I still expect this team to win 6 games minimum.

You are going to be on a period after game four for the rest of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

And if Brady is injured week one & is out for the season. How many games would the Pats* win?

better days
08-26-2013, 01:33 PM
You are going to be on a period after game four for the rest of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? There are still 12 games after that. I'm not expecting to go to the Super Bowl.

I do expect to see the team improve as the year goes on & 6 wins is a mediocre number.

If Marrone can't coach the team to 6 wins then he needs to be fired.

Especially if you think the Pats* can win 10 games with a TERRIBLE QB like Mallett throwing to a group of Rookie Receivers.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Why? There are still 12 games after that. I'm not expecting to go to the Super Bowl.

I do expect to see the team improve as the year goes on & 6 wins is a mediocre number.

Especially if you think the Pats* can win 10 games with a TERRIBLE QB like Mallett throwing to a group of Rookie Receivers.

Stock up on maxipads.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-26-2013, 02:52 PM
I still think this team can reach 5 wins.

Now that puts me in with the optimists and homers lmao

Skooby
08-26-2013, 02:58 PM
I still think this team can reach 5 wins.

Now that puts me in with the optimists and homers lmao

Risque.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 03:04 PM

Still the homer assbite comment of the year.

coastal
08-26-2013, 03:20 PM
2-14

pmoon6
08-26-2013, 03:22 PM
They are better fans than us.No, they are just not negative, crybaby little girls. Who really cares what a bunch of butthurt fanboys think about our prospects this year?

Nope, you're not worse fans, Spike. You just constantly reveal your true character. One that never plays out well in a competitive environment.

Attention Zone Store: Stock up on the Midol, Valium and boxes of tissues. It's only a couple weeks away and it's a real long season.

better days
08-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Still the homer assbite comment of the year.

2-14 is the PESSIMIST assbite comment of the year.

WagonCircler
08-26-2013, 03:37 PM
No, they are just not negative, crybaby little girls. Who really cares what a bunch of butthurt fanboys think about our prospects this year?

You know what bugs me, Moonie?

The Bills are rebuilding. It happens (although the Bills rebuild more than just about anybody). I'm used to that.

The problem I have (since you used this word) is that they're being rebuilt BY A FANBOY!

Russ ***** Brandon has no more football background than any of us who post here. His last job was in ticket sales for a baseball team.

So Ralph "Weekend at Bernie's" Wilson goes back to his default playbook and hires a crony, with whom he's personally comfortable (Brandon's one and only qualification) who goes out and hires more cronies to maintain the status quo, while creating the illusion of progress.

I now treat Bills games exactly like I treat Bisons games. I've been to about 500 minor league games in my life. I don't really care who wins. I go to see players make plays. To see managers strategize. To see a guy try to stretch a double into a triple, only to be gunned down by a laser from a Right Fielder with a Howitzer attached to his shoulder. I go for the atmosphere. For the event.

That's how I now attend Bills games. With zero expectations. I'm pleasantly surprised when they win, but I no longer let it ruin my week the way it used to when they lose.

And now, given that we're literally witnessing realtime fantasy football, run by a marketing flunky with an NFL budget, my expectations are sub zero.

This is what Ralph's lingering mediocrity has created.

gr8slayer
08-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Hey, at least the new jerseys look better than the navy color scheme.

BillsFever21
08-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Prior to his previous history Woods is almost a given for at least a few games. Hopefully he can debunk is injury prone status and finally finish an entire season. If CJ went down then we would definitely be screwed.

pmoon6
08-26-2013, 04:01 PM

The Bills are rebuilding. It happens (although the Bills rebuild more than just about anybody). I'm used to that.

The problem I have (since you used this word) is that they're being rebuilt BY A FANBOY!

Russ ***** Brandon has no more football background than any of us who post here. His last job was in ticket sales for a baseball team.

So Ralph "Weekend at Bernie's" Wilson goes back to his default playbook and hires a crony, with whom he's personally comfortable (Brandon's one and only qualification) who goes out and hires more cronies to maintain the status quo, while creating the illusion of progress.

I now treat Bills games exactly like I treat Bisons games. I've been to about 500 minor league games in my life. I don't really care who wins. I go to see players make plays. To see managers strategize. To see a guy try to stretch a double into a triple, only to be gunned down by a laser from a Right Fielder with a Howitzer attached to his shoulder. I go for the atmosphere. For the event.

That's how I now attend Bills games. With zero expectations. I'm pleasantly surprised when they win, but I no longer let it ruin my week the way it used to when they lose.

And now, given that we're literally witnessing realtime fantasy football, run by a marketing flunky with an NFL budget, my expectations are sub zero.

This is what Ralph's lingering mediocrity has created.I'm much the same way. We usually have friends over, make chicken wings, crab cakes, etc. Have some beer and wine and just enjoy the day. Hopefully, there are some great plays. The second game is usually the Broncos because we live in Donkey country.

So, it's a social event rather than everything built around winning. I think if you let things that you can't control affect your life, you do need professional help. It's good that Canada has free health care. If Spike had to pay his psychiatrist bill here in the states, he be living in a tent city.

ServoBillieves
08-26-2013, 05:08 PM
19-0. I'm being pessimistic.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 05:33 PM
No, they are just not negative, crybaby little girls. Who really cares what a bunch of butthurt fanboys think about our prospects this year?

Nope, you're not worse fans, Spike. You just constantly reveal your true character. One that never plays out well in a competitive environment.

Attention Zone Store: Stock up on the Midol, Valium and boxes of tissues. It's only a couple weeks away and it's a real long season.

You are one miserable piece of crap Moonie but I would still like to meet you before you kill yourself.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 05:36 PM
It's good that Canada has free health care. If Spike had to pay his psychiatrist bill here in the states, he be living in a tent city.

You and Wagon should get a room so you can suck each others coq.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2013, 05:39 PM

This is what Ralph's lingering mediocrity has created.

Coastal owes you some money still for the artwork.

I may see him on December.

Where should I send the money to?

WagonCircler
08-26-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm much the same way. We usually have friends over, make chicken wings, crab cakes, etc. Have some beer and wine and just enjoy the day. Hopefully, there are some great plays. The second game is usually the Broncos because we live in Donkey country.

So, it's a social event rather than everything built around winning. I think if you let things that you can't control affect your life, you do need professional help. It's good that Canada has free health care. If Spike had to pay his psychiatrist bill here in the states, he be living in a tent city.

I like it here at the Zone. It's good not to have to deal with douchebags like Spiked and Coastal.

Oh, wait. I joined here 10 years ago. And I may have set up my ignore list way back then.

I wonder if Shiva's here. I'll bet he's a Tuel fan.

pmoon6
08-26-2013, 06:38 PM
You and Wagon should get a room so you can suck each others coq.We are newbies to that particular sex act, so you and (pick one of your countrymen) will have to come show us proper technique.

After you're done, Wagon will look at me and say "See, I told you Canadians were a bunch of ccksuckers".

BTW, the rumor is after America fought for and won their independence, Great Britain signed a secret agreement with ya'll that they would give you your independence if you blew them for 200 years. Then they keep pushing the date back.

pmoon6
08-26-2013, 06:43 PM
You are one miserable piece of crap Moonie but I would still like to meet you before you kill yourself.How should I do it Spike? Drug overdose? Bullet to the brainpan? Sit in a hot bath and open up my veins?

I'm leaning toward the Frank Pentangeli, but you have to promise to take care of la Familia.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-26-2013, 06:48 PM
correct me if im wrong, but every team that loses their starting qb has a disaster? no?

PromoTheRobot
08-26-2013, 06:52 PM
YAY! MORE FAILURE!

Of course the Bills should have known about every injury before it happens. That's what good teams do.

PTR

OpIv37
08-26-2013, 06:56 PM
YAY! MORE FAILURE!

Of course the Bills should have known about every injury before it happens. That's what good teams do.

PTR
They should have known about the Kolb injury. The guy has a history of it, and many people in this board said it as soon as he was signed. The Bills' FO gets paid millions to do their jobs- they should know more than a bunch of amateur message board posters. But once again, they don't.

SpikedLemonade
08-27-2013, 08:51 AM
YAY! MORE FAILURE!

PTR

Predicting injuries -- NO

Planning for injuries -- YES

However, it is clear the Bills are playing with an internal cap that is $20M below the actual cap.

better days
08-27-2013, 09:00 AM
They should have known about the Kolb injury. The guy has a history of it, and many people in this board said it as soon as he was signed. The Bills' FO gets paid millions to do their jobs- they should know more than a bunch of amateur message board posters. But once again, they don't.

Well, I said it Op. I thought Kolb would be injured, I just thought it would not happen until the Season started. The EJ injury was the unexpected one.

In hindsight T Jax should not have been cut. And the Bills could still have given EJ all the reps they wanted. They could have split the remainder of reps between Kolb & T Jax.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-28-2013, 12:58 PM
YAY! MORE FAILURE!

PTR
No, good teams STAY HEALTHY. Period.

Think of the elite starting quarterbacks in this league and how much time they have missed to injury. In the end, it is very little. Most of them start all 16 games almost every season. (Tom Brady missed one season due to injury, this I admit, but he didn't miss any time before or after it. Also note that's the only time the Pats didn't make the playoffs since he began his career.)

Staying healthy matters. That's what separates the Tom Bradys from the Chris Redmans, the Peyton Mannings from the Ryan Leafs, and the Doug Fluties from the Rob Johnsons.

Bangarang
08-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Aren't a lot of teams in bad shape if they lose their franchise players to injury?

Or is this exclusive to the Bills?

WagonCircler
08-28-2013, 01:17 PM

Think of the elite starting quarterbacks in this league and how much time they have missed to injury. In the end, it is very little. Most of them start all 16 games almost every season. (Tom Brady missed one season due to injury, this I admit, but he didn't miss any time before or after it. Also note that's the only time the Pats didn't make the playoffs since he began his career.)

Staying healthy matters. That's what separates the Tom Bradys from the Chris Redmans, the Peyton Mannings from the Ryan Leafs, and the Doug Fluties from the Rob Johnsons.

Redman, Leaf and Johnson were all terrible.

But putting Flutie in the column with Brady and Manning is ridiculous.

stuckincincy
08-28-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm with Op right now I see 2-3 wins. I thought healthy with a QB clicking we could win 5-7. No way anymore.

2 -3 wins are bad for league business. Watch for some favorable flags.

better days
08-28-2013, 01:59 PM

LUCKY teams stay healthy....................both good & bad.

What separates the Tom Bradys from the Chris Redmans, the Peyton Mannings from the Ryan Leafs is TALENT.

SpikedLemonade
08-28-2013, 04:05 PM
2 -3 wins are bad for league business. Watch for some favorable flags.

Some team has to win only two games this season. Why the Jags, Jets, Raiders or Cards rather than us?

Unless the NFL would prefer the 1st round pick to play in NYC rather than Buffalo?