PDA

View Full Version : Silver Linings After The Downpour of Today's Bad News

BillsImpossible
08-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Everything happens for a reason.

When it rains bad news, it poured today on One Bills Drive. Literally.

Kolb has a concussion.

Gilmore is out for at least 5 games.

Spiller is attending to his family.

Coach Marrone says he's preparing Tuel to start.

Byrd is back, but not happy.

Talk about dealing with adversity. But if it's all dealt with in the right way this rainy day could soon help the Bills and make them a stronger team.

Did the Bills even have reliable backup QB before Kolb got hurt...again? What if Matt Leinart (who has connections with Hackett) performs better than Kolb did and easily picks up the offense and surprises everyone in the last preseason game? What if Tuel lights up the Lions?

Gilmore's injury is going to be a catalyst for finding out who will step up and become the Bills 2nd starting cornerback position, just like the backup QB. Whoever wins that position may have never gotten a shot if Gilmore didn't get hurt. With Gilmore out, Pettine won't be able to gamble as much.

Perhaps that is a good thing judging by the blitz packages I saw against the Skins'. There's a fine line between being aggressive, and playing smart, conservative defense.

If a DC is too aggressive, they often get burned. Thankfully, Pettine already knows how to deal with not having his number 1 cornerback on the field. (Revis.)

After scoring a touchdown and grasping his right knee, CJ Spiller probably had all kinds of thoughts running through his head about his career and family. After staring an entire season on the sidelines in the face, will the injury that never was result in a more inspired (given a second chance) CJ Spiller? CJ will be running with a heavy heart this year.

Marrone is preparing as if Tuel will start against the Pats, not knowing if EJ will be ready for opening day, forcing Bill Belichick to prepare for at least 2 QB's. Who does Belichick prepare for? Manuel? Tuel? Leinart?

Byrd might be chirping about business, but come game day he's going to be given a lot of responsibility, esp. with Gilmore being out. Byrd will be given the role he covets most by Pettine - MVP of the defense. If Byrd flourishes, he'll get his big contract.

If this downpour results in a good backup QB, a good 2nd starting cornerback, a more inspired CJ Spiller, a confused Bill Belichick, and a Jairus Byrd playing like Troy Polamalu in his prime....

Then I'm cool with the rain.

To end on a positive note, remember how the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls?

Mo Lewis.

Skooby
08-26-2013, 08:40 PM
After 13 years of rain, I feel like Noah except he actually got to see the rain stop.

MTBillsFan
08-26-2013, 08:45 PM
That's not just a silver lining...that's platinum!

ServoBillieves
08-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Does that make you a homer/optimist that people are whining about on here? Optimism isn't accepted on this board. For shame BI!

Honestly though, it's a good way to look at things. I'd rather take what you said over the constant doom and gloom that I see.

The Bills suck and are snakebitten, blah blah blah, let's just hope for a good season and try to find the silver lining like was done here.

Beebe's Kid
08-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Everything happens for a reason...I don't know what that means, but it is one of those things that people say. I think the reasons are probably the events leading up to something happening, and not really a predestined plan. I don't know about the CJ running with a heavy heart, and I would guess the odds of Leinart being lights out are about the same as me starting on Opening Day. I like a little optimism as much as the next guy, but at least make it reasonable.

The developments over the last 24 hours have not been positive, and we have to grasp at straws to make them seem as such. The Bills were thin and I was going to say a miracle 8-8 team when they were healthy. They handled the Byrd situation wrong, in my opinion, and they are banged up with serious injuries and no depth going into a very difficult schedule. I don't see a reason to pretend that there is going to be some miracle happening. Maybe we find out what a few guys are made out of that we wouldn't have seen before, but it is likely going to look like a comedy. Unless you happen to be one of the people that takes football too seriously, then it is going to be a tragedy.

BillsImpossible
08-26-2013, 08:52 PM
That's not just a silver lining...that's platinum!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100416917

The prize for winning the Super Bowl is seven pounds of sterling silver, handcrafted by jewelry icon Tiffany.

The King
08-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Everything happens for a reason.

Terrific post.

jimmifli
08-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Terrific post.
All Bills fans kick puppies I guess.

OpIv37
08-26-2013, 09:22 PM
This is the biggest load of mind**** horse **** I've ever seen in my life. There is not a single ounce of realism or objectivity in it. It's simply a list of the least likely possible outcomes because that's what people want to hear.

I mean you people can't honestly believe that Bellicheck cares if he has to prep for EJ, Kolb or Leinart. He's made a career out of beating better QB's than that.

Sometimes there is no silver lining, and not everything happens for a reason. Sometimes things just suck. Grow a pair and deal with it.

Skooby
08-26-2013, 09:27 PM
This is the biggest load of mind**** horse **** I've ever seen in my life. There is not a single ounce of realism or objectivity in it. It's simply a list of the least likely possible outcomes because that's what people want to hear.

I mean you people can't honestly believe that Bellicheck cares if he has to prep for EJ, Kolb or Leinart. He's made a career out of beating better QB's than that.

Sometimes there is no silver lining, and not everything happens for a reason. Sometimes things just suck. Grow a pair and deal with it.

You found a way to get directv around your neighbors tree, even though you thought that'd never happen. Just keep that simple example in mind, where there's a will / there's a way a Buffalo team will screw it up.

stuckincincy
08-27-2013, 05:28 AM
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

:kid:

The King
08-27-2013, 07:36 AM

Honestly it's not all that likely to happen but it's a well articulated post, from someone who sees things differently from most of us. It's refreshing to see an outlook like this.

OpIv37
08-27-2013, 07:51 AM
You found a way to get directv around your neighbors tree, even though you thought that'd never happen. Just keep that simple example in mind, where there's a will / there's a way a Buffalo team will screw it up.

Actually Mother Nature did that for me, and in the process ripped the cable and power lines right out of the back of my house. We had no Internet for 3 weeks and no power for over two weeks.

So I didn't get DTV around the tree- the tree physically isn't there anymore and it did a lot of damage when it came down.

Me getting DirecTV is little consolation for a storm that pulverized the region and did untold amounts of damage.

OpIv37
08-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Honestly it's not all that likely to happen but it's a well articulated post, from someone who sees things differently from most of us. It's refreshing to see an outlook like this.

It's not refreshing and it's not a different perspective. It's a mind ****- a degree of spin that would make Fox News proud. We'd be laughing if the Jets or Pats were in the exact same situations, but because it's the Bills and because the season technically isn't hosed yet, he's trying to make horrible situations sound like opportunities.

They're not- they're simply horrible situations. Again. They weren't opportunities before and they won't be opportunities this time either.

pmoon6
08-27-2013, 08:01 AM
I was all right for awhile
Jim Kelly made me smile
But I saw you last night
You held my hand so tight
As you stopped to say, "Hello"

Oh, you wished me well
You, you couldn't tell
That I'd been crying over you
Crying over you

When you said, "So long"
Left me standing all alone
Alone and crying, crying
Crying, crying

I can't stand it no more
They showed Levitre the door
And J Byrd almost flew

But a cocked .38
Will seal my wretched fate
So no more cryin',
cryin.
cryin.

OpIv37
08-27-2013, 08:05 AM
I mean seriously- he's tryin to make it sound like it's a good thing the our best CB is out because more responsibility will fall to our disgruntled S who missed camp while we are installing a new D.

That's ****ing drivel.

Skooby
08-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Actually Mother Nature did that for me, and in the process ripped the cable and power lines right out of the back of my house. We had no Internet for 3 weeks and no power for over two weeks.

So I didn't get DTV around the tree- the tree physically isn't there anymore and it did a lot of damage when it came down.

Me getting DirecTV is little consolation for a storm that pulverized the region and did untold amounts of damage. So nature took it's course & you got Directv, odd things do happen was the point (just to be clear).

OpIv37
08-27-2013, 08:16 AM
So nature took it's course & you got Directv, odd things do happen was the point (just to be clear).
And my point is that sometimes the collateral damage necessary for odd things to happen isn't a very good trade-off.

Skooby
08-27-2013, 08:20 AM
And my point is that sometimes the collateral damage necessary for odd things to happen isn't a very good trade-off. The ends justified the means, you got Directv & swore you never would get it.

OpIv37
08-27-2013, 08:23 AM
The ends justified the means, you got Directv & swore you never would get it.

Um no.

The ends don't justify the means. Me getting DirecTV is not worth millions of people being without power and billions of dollars in property damage, not to mention injuries and a handful of deaths.

If I had to trade two weeks without power for DTV I'd probably do it, but it was about a lot more than just me.

jamze132
08-27-2013, 08:31 AM
I mean seriously- he's tryin to make it sound like it's a good thing the our best CB is out because more responsibility will fall to our disgruntled S who missed camp while we are installing a new D.

That's ****ing drivel.

Op, don't forget that Bill Belichick has no idea who to gameplan for now! A guy with no NFL experience or another guy with no NFL experience. What ever will he do???

pmoon6
08-27-2013, 08:32 AM

That's ****ing drivel.There is no upside to having our (by all reports) best corner out for a significant amount of time. Byrd really has nothing to do with it, other than he will be less of a factor by having to cover someone's else's ass on the backside.

better days
08-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Um no.

The ends don't justify the means. Me getting DirecTV is not worth millions of people being without power and billions of dollars in property damage, not to mention injuries and a handful of deaths.

If I had to trade two weeks without power for DTV I'd probably do it, but it was about a lot more than just me.

That event happened. No changing that fact. However some good came out of it in your ability to now get Directv.

OpIv37
08-27-2013, 08:41 AM
That event happened. No changing that fact. However some good came out of it in your ability to now get Directv.

A good that is disproportionately small to the amount of bad that had to happen first.

Skooby
08-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Um no.

You have no control over what happened, so saving people the headaches / lives goes without saying. The ends of a natural event happening whether it be a player going down injured bringing on a new star or a storm hitting & you getting DTV is a way to get there. I'm not in anyway condoning it happening but if it's out of your hands, **** happens. Would Tom Brady be on the field if Drew Bledsoe didn't get hurt ?? How did Kurt Warner make the field from almost obscurity ?? Nature takes it course. That doesn't mean Tuel will be great but that also doesn't mean that any or all of these events couldn't happen, you're dead set they can't but they could (and some might).

Skooby
08-27-2013, 08:43 AM
That event happened. No changing that fact. However some good came out of it in your ability to now get Directv. Unexpected but that was the end result.

better days
08-27-2013, 08:46 AM
A good that is disproportionately small to the amount of bad that had to happen first.

The bad happened. It would have happened if any good came out of it or not. Be happy for the good that did happen.

feldspar
08-27-2013, 09:04 AM
This is the biggest load of mind**** horse **** I've ever seen in my life.

As much as it pains me to admit, I agree with you 100%.

Optimism is one thing, but being delusional is quite another. I'm all for looking on the bright side, but Gilmore's injury just sucks, point blank. We are without our best cornerback, and there is nothing more to it...no doubt a worse player is going to be starting as a result. There is a silver lining about Spiller's step-grandfather going on a kill crazy rampage? Makes no sense. I'm sure Belichick is crapping his pants wondering if an undrafted rookie free agent will start the opener against him...NOT. Kolb got hurt AGAIN, that's bad for him AND the Bills, not that he was ever that good of a player in the first place. After watching Byrd's presser, it's obvious he's disgruntled...I fail to see how that's going to make him a better player somehow. Having worse players starting and other players with heavy personal issues is not a good thing even if you are Mr. Rogers.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-27-2013, 09:12 AM
Holy geez, why start Op this early in the morning? Doesn't everyone realize yet, that if he won the lotto, he would be pissed that he had to spend $1 to do so? That being said I agree with him 100%. For the sake of Op's coworkers can we not piss him off until at least 5pm eastern time.

Meathead
08-27-2013, 09:19 AM
The prize for winning the Super Bowl is seven pounds of sterling silver, handcrafted by jewelry icon Tiffany.

and lets be honest a pretty rockin songstress

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w6Q3mHyzn78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skooby
08-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Holy geez, why start Op this early in the morning? Doesn't everyone realize yet, that if he won the lotto, he would be pissed that he had to spend $1 to do so? That being said I agree with him 100%. For the sake of Op's coworkers can we not piss him off until at least 5pm eastern time.

That dollar covers the happy hour any size coffee at Dunkin Donuts.

Ed
08-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Nothing has really changed for me regarding the QB situation. It's all about EJ, and I think he'll end up starting week 1 anyway. I never had any expectations of Kolb playing and never liked our chances with him behind center, so his injury is a big whatever for me. So no rain here for me.

I'm really not worried about Spiller at all. It sucks for him that he has to deal with a tragedy like that right now, but I've always expected a great year from him and this doesn't change that. I'm glad he won't play Thursday and I expect he'll be back at practice after this week. So no rain again.

The Gilmore injury just sucks. There's no silver lining for me. Our CB depth has always been a big concern and Gilmore was the one secondary player we could least afford to lose. I'm just glad it's not season ending or a leg injury. Hopefully he's a quick healer.

No one has really mentioned Chris Hairston. I didn't realize until today that him going on that list puts him out for the season. I think that's a bigger deal that no one is really talking about. No silver lining there either, just bad luck.

I'm always optimistic though, and I'll hope for the best. I'm not foolish enough to set any kind of expectations for this season, but it's pointless to be a total debbie downer about the season before it's even started.

mayotm
08-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Nothing has really changed for me regarding the QB situation. It's all about EJ, and I think he'll end up starting week 1 anyway. I never had any expectations of Kolb playing and never liked our chances with him behind center, so his injury is a big whatever for me. So no rain here for me.

I'm really not worried about Spiller at all. It sucks for him that he has to deal with a tragedy like that right now, but I've always expected a great year from him and this doesn't change that. I'm glad he won't play Thursday and I expect he'll be back at practice after this week. So no rain again.

The Gilmore injury just sucks. There's no silver lining for me. Our CB depth has always been a big concern and Gilmore was the one secondary player we could least afford to lose. I'm just glad it's not season ending or a leg injury. Hopefully he's a quick healer.

No one has really mentioned Chris Hairston. I didn't realize until today that him going on that list puts him out for the season. I think that's a bigger deal that no one is really talking about. No silver lining there either, just bad luck.

I'm always optimistic though, and I'll hope for the best. I'm not foolish enough to set any kind of expectations for this season, but it's pointless to be a total debbie downer about the season before it's even started.Great post. Listening to Marrone speaking about Gilmore yesterday, it really sounded like he expects him back sooner than eight weeks. He may end up only missing 4 - 5 games. Not ideal, but could be worse.

Thurmal
08-27-2013, 10:26 AM
The one big silver lining to all of these misfortunes (and pulling for the Bills in general, really) is that my expectations are so incredibly low that I can't be disappointed.

trapezeus
08-27-2013, 10:34 AM
The one big silver lining to all of these misfortunes (and pulling for the Bills in general, really) is that my expectations are so incredibly low that I can't be disappointed.

you are the bills have read this comment and now are prepared to stun you. every year we collectively think it can't get worse, and yet they find a way.

GingerP
08-27-2013, 10:38 AM
No one has really mentioned Chris Hairston. I didn't realize until today that him going on that list puts him out for the season.

He isn't out for the season. The NFI puts him out for 6 weeks. After that, the Bills have a 5-week window where he can start practicing and they can activate him. It works just like the PUP.

feldspar
08-27-2013, 10:42 AM
I think Chris Hairston is a half-way decent backup. We'll probably need him at some point, so he's an asset of the team.

Thurmal
08-27-2013, 10:53 AM
you are the bills have read this comment and now are prepared to stun you. every year we collectively think it can't get worse, and yet they find a way.
The only way I haven't seen them lose is by last second Hail Mary (came close last year vs. Oakland).

Ed
08-27-2013, 10:54 AM
He isn't out for the season. The NFI puts him out for 6 weeks. After that, the Bills have a 5-week window where he can start practicing and they can activate him. It works just like the PUP.
I hope you're right, but here is what Mike Rodak, the Bills blogger for ESPN, posted about Hairston.

The Buffalo Bills placed offensive tackle Chris Hairston on the reserve/non-football illness list on Monday, the team announced.

UPDATE: Per an NFL spokesperson, Hairston is not eligible to return this season, since he suffered the illness after the start of training camp.

The 6-foot-6, 330-pound Hairston had been on the active/physically unable to perform list since the start of training camp. General manager Doug Whaley said at the time that Hairston was dealing with a back injury.

A fourth-round pick of the Bills in 2011, Hairston has started 15 games over the past two seasons.

Veteran Erik Pears has started in place of Hairston at right tackle this preseason.

GingerP
08-27-2013, 11:16 AM
I hope you're right, but here is what Mike Rodak, the Bills blogger for ESPN, posted about Hairston.

He has been hurt since last year. He missed all of OTA's and training camp, and while he worked on the side he was never activated. I'm pretty sure he can come back in 6 weeks, but I guess I could be wrong.

Skooby
08-27-2013, 11:17 AM

Hairston = Game over in Buffalo.

Ed
08-27-2013, 11:26 AM
He has been hurt since last year. He missed all of OTA's and training camp, and while he worked on the side he was never activated. I'm pretty sure he can come back in 6 weeks, but I guess I could be wrong.
I think if he had stayed on the PUP list he would be eligible to return in 6 weeks, but by moving him to the reserve/non-football illness list he's now ineligible to play this season.

ublinkwescore
08-27-2013, 05:59 PM

Me getting DirecTV is little consolation for a storm that pulverized the region and did untold amounts of damage.

Wow, mother nature is getting tired of your constant sniveling too? Well played mother nature, well played.

Beebe
08-27-2013, 06:13 PM
With the number one pick in the 2014 QB or defense.

mayotm
08-27-2013, 06:52 PM
With the number one pick in the 2014 QB or defense.
Brilliant. Start calling for another QB before Manuel has even taken a snap.

ublinkwescore
08-27-2013, 07:11 PM
With the number 1, how about a bona fide starting quality ot, or a replacement for Fred Jackson?

ublinkwescore
08-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Wow, mother nature is getting tired of your constant sniveling too? Well played mother nature, well played.

You always were good at *****ing up a storm.

BillsImpossible
08-27-2013, 07:31 PM

If my post was the biggest pile of crap you've ever seen, then you haven't read the New York Times, USA Today, NPR.com or CNN.com

Is it unrealistic to say that the Bills have an opportunity to land a better backup QB than Kevin Kolb due to (another) injury? Seriously, having Kolb as our backup QB this year would be like trying to sail across Lake Erie in a small raft patched up with ducked tape.

It is unrealistic to say that the Bills have an opportunity to find a better 2nd starting cornerback than McKelvin with Gilmore out?

Crezdon Butler took first team snaps today at practice as the starting left cornerback. NOT McKelvin. If Butler wins the job, and performs well in Gilmore's absence the Bills will be a better team. If Butler holds his own and surprises everyone, he's going to become the Bills 2nd starting CB once Gilmore gets healthy.

Is that impossible or unrealistic? Players get hurt a lot in the NFL.

How many NFL players got their first big opportunity and became starters as a result, ultimately because of injury? A lot.

Tom Brady is the most glaring example, but he's not the only one. A sixth round draft pick who may still be holding a clipboard today if Drew Bledsoe didn't get injured with a crushing hit by Mo Lewis.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tNzd9Xd0who?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillsImpossible
08-27-2013, 07:33 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tNzd9Xd0who?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillsImpossible
08-27-2013, 07:52 PM

That's ****ing drivel.

Drivel? Byrd wants the biggest contract for a Safety in the NFL. This is his opportunity to earn it, and I think Pettine is going to give Byrd the hammer and opportunity to prove it. If Byrd picks up the slack and plays his balls off with Gilmore out of the lineup, maybe the Bills will budge and give him that extra $2 million a year?

Opportunity is always knocking on the NFL's door.

OpIv37
08-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Drivel? Byrd wants the biggest contract for a Safety in the NFL. This is his opportunity to earn it, and I think Pettine is going to give Byrd the hammer and opportunity to prove it. If Byrd picks up the slack and plays his balls off with Gilmore out of the lineup, maybe the Bills will budge and give him that extra $2 million a year?

Opportunity is always knocking on the NFL's door.

He had the opportunity to earn it before Gilmore got hurt. That's why it's drivel.

OpIv37
08-27-2013, 08:28 PM
If my post was the biggest pile of crap you've ever seen, then you haven't read the New York Times, USA Today, NPR.com or CNN.com

Is it unrealistic to say that the Bills have an opportunity to land a better backup QB than Kevin Kolb due to (another) injury? Seriously, having Kolb as our backup QB this year would be like trying to sail across Lake Erie in a small raft patched up with ducked tape.

It is unrealistic to say that the Bills have an opportunity to find a better 2nd starting cornerback than McKelvin with Gilmore out?

Crezdon Butler took first team snaps today at practice as the starting left cornerback. NOT McKelvin. If Butler wins the job, and performs well in Gilmore's absence the Bills will be a better team. If Butler holds his own and surprises everyone, he's going to become the Bills 2nd starting CB once Gilmore gets healthy.

Is that impossible or unrealistic? Players get hurt a lot in the NFL.

How many NFL players got their first big opportunity and became starters as a result, ultimately because of injury? A lot.

Tom Brady is the most glaring example, but he's not the only one. A sixth round draft pick who may still be holding a clipboard today if Drew Bledsoe didn't get injured with a crushing hit by Mo Lewis.

Yeah, and most of the time that players get hurt in the NFL, the backups are worse. That's why they're back ups.

We are a young team with no depth installing a new D in a rebuilding year.

There were PLENTY of opportunities for other players to step up before these injuries. Gilmore is a 2nd year player. Kolb has been on the team for only a few months. We're not talking about established vets who kept potentially good players on the bench for 5 years before getting hurt. This is an organization in flux and everyone had to earn their spot. It's nothing but wishful thinking to hope that the guys who couldn't unseat people like McKelvin on the roster will suddenly step up and be good.

And ****, you talk about landing a better backup QB when we end up with Leinart? Seriously? I mean, I'm no fan of Kolb but ****ing ARIZONA chose Kolb over Leinart for good reason.

Beebe
08-27-2013, 10:51 PM
So you still feel safe with the same QB's we have now going in next year? I just want us to get this QB thing right already we suffered enough.

ZAZusmc03
08-28-2013, 12:26 AM

to me, that means that the storm is coming around for the bills and we are going to destroy everyone and win the superbowl.

exception to the rule.

play on you ****tards

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 08:05 AM
So you still feel safe with the same QB's we have now going in next year? I just want us to get this QB thing right already we suffered enough.

Not sure what you are getting at here

EJ will get 3 years no matter what.

Beyond that, we have to fix the backup situation, but losing two guys to injuries and pulling rejects like Leinart off the street isn't going to solve the problem. It's not an "opportunity." It's desperation.

Thief
08-28-2013, 08:19 AM

All of which was insured. BRIGHT SIDE!

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 08:22 AM
All of which was insured. BRIGHT SIDE!

Lmao- spoken like someone who's never had to make an insurance claim. It's a huge hassle and you rarely get back everything you lost. Then your insurance goes up because you made a claim.

Skooby
08-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Lmao- spoken like someone who's never had to make an insurance claim. It's a huge hassle and you rarely get back everything you lost. Then your insurance goes up because you made a claim.

My Auto insurance didn't change one bit after an accident & they fixed the car so good, It got passed it off as never been in an accident (Carfax didn't catch it quick enough). It even got certified, so beware.

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 08:31 AM
My Auto insurance didn't change one bit after an accident & they fixed the car so good, It got passed it off as never been in an accident (Carfax didn't catch it quick enough). It even got certified, so beware.

Yeah well when I was driving up to a Bills game years ago, the car in front of me kicked up some treads from a blown out truck tire. It damaged my headlight and bumper. Geico fixed it but jacked up my rates, so I dropped them. Five years later I tried to go back to them, and they were STILL trying to jack up the rate from that incident, despite the fact that it wasn't my fault and I had no way to prevent it.

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 09:00 AM

And btw all this resulted in you being back where you were when you started. You didn't gain anything and you had to suffer through an accident plus the hassle of making an insurance claim. You didn't benefit at all- you just broke even.

mayotm
08-28-2013, 09:04 AM
I finally understand why the Bills suck. It's because of Op and the black cloud that follows him in all aspects of life.

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 09:27 AM
I finally understand why the Bills suck. It's because of Op and the black cloud that follows him in all aspects of life.

I would almost believe that, except I didn't start paying attention to football until the late 80's/early 90s and the Bills had plenty of bad years before that.