• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Tuel's college coach: He's never really won any games

Since Bill Walsh's endorsement didn't work, now it's time for something completely different.

He's never really won any games,” Lead added, in reference to Tuel’s 4-22 record as a starter. And I think that doesn’t mean he’s a bad quarterback. . . . Despite the fact he hasn’t had a lot he needs to go out there and expect success. . . . He’s got a couple years where that wasn’t reinforced.”
    Bills quarterback Jeff Tuel could start the first regular-season game of his NFL career, due to injuries suffered by EJ Manuel and Kevin Kolb.
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-26-2013, 10:08 PM.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Tuel's college coach: He's never really won any games

LOL!!!!!

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Tuel: my college coach hasn't really won any games...

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

I know that in baseball if a starter has a bad W-L ratio but they keep him in the rotation that means that he has good stuff or just hasn't had much run support and the coaches really believe in him. Maybe Tuel has that W-L record and they kept him as a starter at WSU because he was pretty good and they didn't have the talent to compete with USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon St., Arizona, Arizona St., etc.

****, let's just start the guy. Why kill the first round draft pick on Opening Day 3 weeks removed from knee surgery?
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
          • Jan 2010

I know its a total cliché, and like a .00001% chance... but so many times ive seen nobodies come in at qb and light it up... who knows? lol

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Mike Leach is a complete jackass. He's only at Wazzou because he went to the pmoon school of coaching and punished a kid for getting a concussion, getting him bounced from Texas Tech.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
              Mike Leach is a complete jackass. He's only at Wazzou because he went to the pmoon school of coaching and punished a kid for getting a concussion, getting him bounced from Texas Tech.
              I forgot about him.

Here's CBS Sports' Rob Rang on Tuel:

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Recent events are like a scene from Young Frankenstein.

"could be worse..........could be raining"............ cue the Thunder.

Could be worse...................we could be Jets fans.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                  • Sep 2004

Tuel will be hanging out with Brian Brohm in no time.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
                    I know its a total cliché, and like a .00001% chance... but so many times ive seen nobodies come in at qb and light it up... who knows? lol
                    REally? so many times you've seen an undrafted QB come in and light it up. in a sample size of only undrafted QB's, can you name anyone other than kurt warner who came in and consistently won. I realize that's a high threshold, but who is the last undrafted QB who has played well. TJ yates? what are the other times you've seen nobodies come in and succeed.

you just make incredibly naive comments and then are stunned when people rip apart your comments.

as for the original post, why would a coach say that about his former qb?

Comment

• GingerP
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      REally? so many times you've seen an undrafted QB come in and light it up. in a sample size of only undrafted QB's, can you name anyone other than kurt warner who came in and consistently won. I realize that's a high threshold, but who is the last undrafted QB who has played well. TJ yates? what are the other times you've seen nobodies come in and succeed.
                      Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia, Warren Moon, Jake Delhomme, Dave Kreig.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                        Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia, Warren Moon, Jake Delhomme, Dave Kreig.
                        and none of these guys have been particularly consistent. They had their ups and downs. None have won a superbowl.

I'm not saying tuel can't have some success. i think he could be a very capable back up....it's just a very harsh environment for a rookie to be put in. perhaps why an undrafted rookie qb hasn't started a week 1 game since the 1950's.

NTD's nonchalance that it isn't a big deal is what is irritating. Tuel is essentially going to be thrown to the wolves (barring injury in the preseason or EJ recovery). And he's going to go against a team that has historically cheated their way into success.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

and none of these guys have been particularly consistent. They had their ups and downs. None have won a superbowl.
                          lol

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

I'm not saying tuel can't have some success. i think he could be a very capable back up....it's just a very harsh environment for a rookie to be put in. perhaps why an undrafted rookie qb hasn't started a week 1 game since the 1950's.

NTD's nonchalance that it isn't a big deal is what is irritating. Tuel is essentially going to be thrown to the wolves (barring injury in the preseason or EJ recovery). And he's going to go against a team that has historically cheated their way into success.
                            Not undrafted but Brady was selected with pick #199, a compensatory pick. I wouldn't consider him bound for greatness based on his selection, he's possibly one of the greatest that ever played.
                            Last edited by Skooby; 08-27-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

Warner won a Super Bowl. Warner and Moon are both HOF'ers. Garcia was a consistent winner that threw for over 25,000 yards. Kreig was a consistent winner that threw for over 38,000 yards. Romo has put up big numbers and is probably a top-15 QB in the NFL right now, and Delhomme threw for over 20,000 yards and lead a team to a Super Bowl (and almost won).

Those are some pretty good players.

Comment

Working...
                              X