PDA

View Full Version : Here is a OT the Bills should sign

better days
08-27-2013, 04:10 PM
The Redskins have released former Buc OT, Jeremy Trueblood.

If healthy he would be a good pick up for the Bills, especially with Hairston out for the year.

The Popcorn
08-27-2013, 05:29 PM
The Redskins signed him 5-6 months ago and they already cut him. Trueblood is a shell of his former self. He would be a wasted pickup like he was to the Redskins.

HAMMER
08-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Why? He couldn't make it anywhere else lately.

better days
08-27-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm not saying he is a Pro Bowl player, but he should at least be a decent back up & maybe even good enough to start at RT on the Bills.

The Popcorn
08-27-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm not saying he is a Pro Bowl player, but he should at least be a decent back up & maybe even good enough to start at RT on the Bills.

The OL would have to be in complete shambles for this guy to start. I don't even think he would make a decent backup.

TigerJ
08-27-2013, 08:53 PM
If it was the start of training camp, I'd say, "Sure. Go ahead. Give it a try. At this point Buffalo may only carry three tackles on their active roster; Glenn, Pears, and maybe Thomas Welch. I'm saying Welch because I don't see anyway Sam Young can be a swing tackle and play the left side in case of injury to Glenn. Thomas Welch, though he's been far from perfect, has the athleticism, so that he can conceivably be a swing guy. Unless Erik Pears can play some left tackle, which would surprise me, signing Trueblood really doesn't solve anything. Could he be better than Pears? I don't know. Maybe, but Pears is a known commodity and I don't see much point in playing musical roster spots because some guy might be just a little bit better at one spot than what we have.

better days
08-27-2013, 09:03 PM
The OL would have to be in complete shambles for this guy to start. I don't even think he would make a decent backup.

Yeah, well tell us about how much you have watched him play to reach that conclusion.

X-Era
08-27-2013, 09:06 PM
And it begins...

"I've heard of [Insert Name Here] we should sign him"

"If [Insert Team Name Here] let him go why do we want him?"

better days
08-27-2013, 09:23 PM
And it begins...

"I've heard of [Insert Name Here] we should sign him"

"If [Insert Team Name Here] let him go why do we want him?"

Well, I can tell you why we should want Trueblood or someone else.

Behind Pears, the Bills have nobody that is any good. I think he would be good cheap insurance.

cookie G
08-27-2013, 10:22 PM

I'm sorry, that just sounded funny to me.

Sure, he's not good enough to be a back up on Tampa, but we can get him as a starter!

When they're too bad for them, they're just right for us!

~Buddy Nix on offensive linemen

better days
08-27-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm sorry, that just sounded funny to me.

Sure, he's not good enough to be a back up on Tampa, but we can get him as a starter!

When they're too bad for them, they're just right for us!

~Buddy Nix on offensive linemen

Yeah, well the Bucs not only have good starters but good depth as well on the OL.

The Popcorn
08-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah, well tell us about how much you have watched him play to reach that conclusion.

Enough to know that Barry Richardson would be a better option.