PDA

View Full Version : Good Article on Kiko

The King
08-28-2013, 09:57 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1749126-kiko-alonso-the-key-to-making-the-bills-defense-succeed

Kiko Alonso: The Missing Link to the Bills Defense

Could the Buffalo Bills (http://bleacherreport.com/buffalo-bills) have finally found an every-down man in the middle?If the last month of training camp and preseason—albeit a single game—is any indication, they may just have their guy.
Kiko Alonso (http://bleacherreport.com/kiko-alonso) was the team’s second of two second-round picks in this past April’s draft, and he was expected to immediately come in to a defense that ranked 22nd in total yards per game (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1) last season and help out.
It's a lot of pressure to place on somebody who wasn't a first-round pick, but the Bills obviously feel that Alonso can handle the responsibility.

Pinkerton Security
08-28-2013, 10:11 AM
I havent heard a ton about him honestly, has he really been impressing as much as this article suggests?

Turf
08-28-2013, 11:05 AM
My only concern is that he looks smaller than I expected for a middle linebacker.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2013, 11:05 AM
very very fast inside now with him and nigel

Skooby
08-28-2013, 11:17 AM
I havent heard a ton about him honestly, has he really been impressing as much as this article suggests?
I would say that his play is the opposite of the Holocaust.

Beebe's Kid
08-28-2013, 11:23 AM
He has shown the potential to be a very good NFL player for years to come...because he has practiced awesome, and that first preseason game was amazing.

Look...I really want to root for these guys, but things like this are just a product of having to talk about something all of the time. The amount of information is staggering, and there are a million people trying to right about sports and get the next big story...so much so that it makes them laughable. Hopefully the guy works out...it would sure be nice, but if he gets himself injured in week two and is out for the year, then he gets forgotten like the many that have come before him.

stuckincincy
08-28-2013, 11:27 AM
My casual impression is that he's been in for a lot of snaps so far. Which is a good thing IMO for a rookie more or less penciled in as the starting MLB.

The King
08-28-2013, 11:28 AM
I think his biggest weakness is his size. He's often the first to make contact but he needs help to secure the tackle. I hope that improves but his agility and pursuit to the ball are very impressive.

justasportsfan
08-28-2013, 11:29 AM
just like Gilmore, I expect feast or famine with Kiko in his rookie year.

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 11:31 AM
This is nothing but a desperate fan having a premature wet dream over a player having a few good practices.

Let the guy play in a real game first before talking about building a D around him.

stuckincincy
08-28-2013, 11:41 AM
I think his biggest weakness is his size. He's often the first to make contact but he needs help to secure the tackle. I hope that improves but his agility and pursuit to the ball are very impressive.

I like his pursuit to the ball, too. Always seems to be in the picture.

The King
08-28-2013, 11:42 AM
This is nothing but a desperate fan having a premature wet dream over a player having a few good practices.

Let the guy play in a real game first before talking about building a D around him.

Wet Blanket.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2013, 11:45 AM

such a cynic op...lol

- - - Updated - - -

not only is he fast sideline to sideline, he has great athletic ability... he has the movement skills of a ss, excited about him

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Wet Blanket.

Hey it is what it is.... Start a thread talking about how EJ sucks and doesn't have the toolkit to make it in the NFL.

Everyone will say that it's too soon and you have to give him a chance..... And they'd be right.

But, if someone writes an article anointing Kiko as the next Spikes before he even plays a real game, people eat it up.

Can't have it both ways.

stuckincincy
08-28-2013, 12:13 PM

Opi, who's seriously saying that the D is going to be "built" around him? So far, I see a kid that zooms to the action. Maybe he doesn't personally make the stop. But if you're there, you may well be the body that opens the door for your teammate that does.

trapezeus
08-28-2013, 12:16 PM
i agree that his size looks to be a concern. especially if the offense is faltering and we are running really long sequences on defense.

but for a team that has had issues at LB the last 2-3 years, it's nice to have a guy who can cover ground fast.

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Opi, who's seriously saying that the D is going to be "built" around him? So far, I see a kid that zooms to the action. Maybe he doesn't personally make the stop. But if you're there, you may well be the body that opens the door for your teammate that does.
Did you read the article? The author said it.

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 12:28 PM
And again, I'm not criticizing Kiko. He's looked good so far, but the operative phrase is "so far." It's too soon to be raving about the guy like this.

Thief
08-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah, article is a little over board.

jills
08-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Bleacher report? seriously?

justasportsfan
08-28-2013, 01:04 PM
But, if someone writes an article anointing Kiko as the next Spikes before he even plays a real game, people eat it up.

who's comparing him to Spikes? He's the next Urlacher.

stuckincincy
08-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Did you read the article? The author said it.

I did. I re-read the article from the esteemed Michael Straw (who?). Perhaps you can cut-and-paste where that "build a D around" was written?

Opi - a player that zips to the ball, a player that over the course of a game, one you remember seeing his number time and again, is a good thing. A mlb is like a center fielder - come up to help the infield, range left and right to help lf and rf. In football, eyeball the offense, call defensive alignments.

You know Vontaze Burfict's story. More innate talent than Alonzo? Probably. Sitting where I sit, I watched his rookie season. Most notable was that he was there, sniffing where the action may be, on most any play you would expect to see a LB.

I'm getting similar sniffs about Alonzo. He's a work in progress. A rookie with 3 pre season tilts under his belt. Learning to gauge alignments - which isn't easy for vet or neophyte alike.

IMO- so far, so good.

gebobs
08-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Opi, who's seriously saying that the D is going to be "built" around him?
The cited blog and the subject of this thread.

It's excitable boy stuff but I'm all for it. Heck, there's no better time to be excitable about the Bills than now, before the reality that is the kick in the teeth coming in Week 1 sets in.

He's got a great name. He's played well in preseason.

Is he small for a MLB? If you can take the pub at its word, he's 6-3/240. Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis are both listed as 6-1/240. Urlacher was a bit bigger at 6-4/260. Who knows, maybe a few years of wings will put some "beef" on him.

The King
08-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Hey it is what it is.... Start a thread talking about how EJ sucks and doesn't have the toolkit to make it in the NFL.

Everyone will say that it's too soon and you have to give him a chance..... And they'd be right.

Can't have it both ways.

This is your response to everything. And that's fine I get it, I have been posting on this board with you for years.
But in light of the news coming out of Buffalo recently it's nice to see a positive take, it's nice to read something positive. Of course it'swishful thinking, he hasn't played a down in a real NFL game. But I see nothing wrong with bringing a little bit of hope to the forums every now and again.

We have 16 games to be realists and face the music, the pre-season is a time where everyone is 0-0 and looking forward to the season. Can you grant us that... for one thread? Ever?

justasportsfan
08-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Can you grant us that... for one thread? Ever?

I think the bills have a better chance of winning the sb with Tuel than that happening.

The King
08-28-2013, 02:16 PM
I think the bills have a better chance of winning the sb with Tuel than that happening.
TuelLegit2Quit

gebobs
08-28-2013, 02:18 PM
We have 16 games to be realists and face the music, the pre-season is a time where everyone is 0-0 and looking forward to the season. Can you grant us that... for one thread? Ever?
It's yin yang thing. You can't have your rose-colored glasses without a dousing of ice water here any more than you can have gloom-and-doom without a silver lining.

I agree with op here. Kiko has been a pleasant surprise among a general drought of high pick success the past dozen years. But it's three games. Three meaningless games. He's being thrust into a role in which he will likely struggle. If we build our hopes up so high, will we lose faith if the defense struggles? Or if we temper our enthusiasm, will we suffer the few years of development better?

WagonCircler
08-28-2013, 02:22 PM
TuelLegit2Quit

I am SO getting t-shirts made.

CoolBreeze
08-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Since when is 6'4 240 small?

My only concern is that he looks smaller than I expected for a middle linebacker.

stuckincincy
08-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Since when is 6'4 240 small?

240 is a fair weight. It's the 6'4 frame that its spread over.

BillsFever21
08-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Kiko looked good in the first preseason game but it's way too early to tell. The guy is so small he looks like a safety and not a MLB when you see him on the field. I sure hope he is because the rest of our LB unit isn't very good.

It's funny how some people's opinions change depending on the type of players we bring in though. Several years ago with Jauron we had nothing but small LB's but they were fast. Just about everyone got sick of that and wanted bigger LB's. Now we have the same type of LB in Kiko and everyone says that's a good thing. Just business as usual to some Bills fans.

X-Era
08-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Don't quite see how the author can draw such a strong conclusion as this without a single NFL snap:

"For now, the Bills are in a situation they haven’t been in, arguably, since the early 00s: they have a linebacker they can build a defense around. So buckle up Bills fans, you’re in for a ride that you will never want to get off of."

That said, he looks like a upgrade to Shepp who I was never a big fan of. So, if that's all that he ends up being I'm still good with it.

But yes, he has impressed me so far with his play-making. I'm anxious to see what he does in full games and for a full season.

X-Era
08-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Kiko looked good in the first preseason game but it's way too early to tell. The guy is so small he looks like a safety and not a MLB when you see him on the field. I sure hope he is because the rest of our LB unit isn't very good.

It's funny how some people's opinions change depending on the type of players we bring in though. Several years ago with Jauron we had nothing but small LB's but they were fast. Just about everyone got sick of that and wanted bigger LB's. Now we have the same type of LB in Kiko and everyone says that's a good thing. Just business as usual to some Bills fans.
He's 6' 3" and 238 at the Combine

We list him at 6' 4" 242.

That's not small

TigerJ
08-28-2013, 08:47 PM

He's listed as 242 lbs on the official Bills roster. Granted, weights are not always perfectly accurate on official NFL team websites, but I don't have any reason to believe it's too far off. I wonder if Alonso's length is throwing people off. He is 6'4" so he's still going to look fairly slim at 242 lbs., and he probably has the frame to add a good 10 lbs. That he's not a lot heavier may help his quickness and endurance to be an every down LB.

GvilleBills
08-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Dude has the frame to add some pounds and maintain the mobility. I'm sure Oregon has a solid strength and conditioning program, but he can still benefit from the NFL experience.

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 08:58 PM
This is your response to everything. And that's fine I get it, I have been posting on this board with you for years.
But in light of the news coming out of Buffalo recently it's nice to see a positive take, it's nice to read something positive. Of course it'swishful thinking, he hasn't played a down in a real NFL game. But I see nothing wrong with bringing a little bit of hope to the forums every now and again.

Lmao- reality is what it is- it's there all the time. You can't pick and choose when to face it. Kiko will either be good or he won't- either way the article is still mental masturbation and nothing more.

BillsFever21
08-28-2013, 09:53 PM
He's 6' 3" and 238 at the Combine

We list him at 6' 4" 242.

That's not small

As far as his build goes he looks small when you compare him to other linebackers.

better days
08-28-2013, 10:24 PM
As far as his build goes he looks small when you compare him to other linebackers.

So what. If you watched him in preseason, he can fly.......................& he can tackle. I would rather have him keep his weight down if the extra weight affects his speed.

OpIv37
08-28-2013, 10:25 PM
I did. I re-read the article from the esteemed Michael Straw (who?). Perhaps you can cut-and-paste where that "build a D around" was written?

Opi - a player that zips to the ball, a player that over the course of a game, one you remember seeing his number time and again, is a good thing. A mlb is like a center fielder - come up to help the infield, range left and right to help lf and rf. In football, eyeball the offense, call defensive alignments.

You know Vontaze Burfict's story. More innate talent than Alonzo? Probably. Sitting where I sit, I watched his rookie season. Most notable was that he was there, sniffing where the action may be, on most any play you would expect to see a LB.

I'm getting similar sniffs about Alonzo. He's a work in progress. A rookie with 3 pre season tilts under his belt. Learning to gauge alignments - which isn't easy for vet or neophyte alike.

IMO- so far, so good.
"For now, the Bills are in a situation they haven’t been in, arguably, since the early 00s: they have a linebacker they can build a defense around. So buckle up Bills fans, you’re in for a ride that you will never want to get off of."

Again, I'm not saying Kiko is bad or that he will suck. I don't know that.

But this is still nothing but mental masturbation on the part of the writer. No facts- just speculation.

better days
08-28-2013, 10:35 PM

Again, I'm not saying Kiko is bad or that he will suck. I don't know that.

But this is still nothing but mental masturbation on the part of the writer. No facts- just speculation.

Well, with all the articles speculating about how much the Bills are going to SUCK, it is nice to read the RARE positive article about the Bills.

ZAZusmc03
08-29-2013, 01:58 AM
Well, with all the articles speculating about how much the Bills are going to SUCK, it is nice to read the RARE positive article about the Bills.

No one is arguing that we don't like good articles. Its the simple fact that its all based off of preseason and training camp, which means, not a damn thing. OpI isnt Mr. Negativity. He's one of the only ****ing guys in this place that actually says "I'll believe it when I see it". Everyone else says "well look at the POTENTIAL. OMG we are going be so much better than last year!" When, in reality, we've sucked for how long? And how many times do we have to get excited over potential that never pans out? Sure, we could be good, better than last year even. His argument is that, based on our previous history, it won't happen. I just don't get what is so ****ing hard for everyone to understand where he comes from with his "negative nancy" comments. ITS THE TRUTH, and it has been for years.

ZAZusmc03
08-29-2013, 02:01 AM
And I love the Bills. I talk crap to anyone that starts it with me. But I don't live in dreamland where I think we're a playoff team because we hired all new coaches and got a rookie QB. That's asinine.

BuffaloRedleg
08-29-2013, 02:56 AM
Oh god are a bunch of people arguing about pre-season puff pieces about the Bills?

They are what they are. Awful faux-journalism that feeds an insatiable desire for Football news and even moreso positive news about an easy target to get hits from (us).

I have no problem with it, dudes are just trying to make a living and it's not like there isn't a demand for it.

My only issue issue is that every puff piece should be titled with a pun. "Bills LB Alanso looking to 'Kiko' doubters to the curb" Eh I tried.... screw you guys I don't get paid to do this.

wozrob11
08-29-2013, 06:45 AM
im not sure if you remember the size of Clay Matthews when he came in the league but he had no size either but now he is a beast! im not saying that kiko is clay talent wise but give him a year or 2 with that nfl trainers and he will be a monster for sure

The King
08-29-2013, 07:02 AM
im not sure if you remember the size of Clay Matthews when he came in the league but he had no size either but now he is a beast! im not saying that kiko is clay talent wise but give him a year or 2 with that nfl trainers and he will be a monster for sure

I actually see similarities between the two in pursuit, but once contact is made, there's a big difference.

The King
08-29-2013, 07:03 AM
My only issue issue is that every puff piece should be titled with a pun. "Bills LB Alanso looking to 'Kiko' doubters to the curb" Eh I tried.... screw you guys I don't get paid to do this.

Nicely played especially since I read it in the tone of Louis CK.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-29-2013, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't say he has no size, hes a little thin, but he plays much bigger. some guys are like that, they can take on bigger people and it's no big deal ( even bigger women)

jamze132
08-29-2013, 07:44 AM
"Man, Kiko has looked totally super awesome in training camp and we now have a middle LB not named London Fletcher to build around!"

That's a fluff piece.

In reality, it sounds like:

"Man, Kiko has really impressed during camp going against rookie QBs".

better days
08-29-2013, 07:59 AM
No one is arguing that we don't like good articles. Its the simple fact that its all based off of preseason and training camp, which means, not a damn thing. OpI isnt Mr. Negativity. He's one of the only ****ing guys in this place that actually says "I'll believe it when I see it". Everyone else says "well look at the POTENTIAL. OMG we are going be so much better than last year!" When, in reality, we've sucked for how long? And how many times do we have to get excited over potential that never pans out? Sure, we could be good, better than last year even. His argument is that, based on our previous history, it won't happen. I just don't get what is so ****ing hard for everyone to understand where he comes from with his "negative nancy" comments. ITS THE TRUTH, and it has been for years.

All of the NEGATIVE articles are based off of LAST YEAR & YEARS PAST even more than what has happened in preseason & TC which means even less than what has happened THIS YEAR so far.

Anyone with any kind of objectivity would have to agree that this has been a good preseason & TC for the Bills.

The players have come together as a team & have embraced the new Coaching staff & systems they have installed.

We will soon find out how well they have picked it up.

Like I said, there have been MANY negative articles & opinions given about the Bills & they mean nothing either.

IMO, it is nice to read the RARE positive article about the team. Yes I know it means nothing, but saying the Bills are going 3-13 means nothing either.

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 08:50 AM
All of the NEGATIVE articles are based off of LAST YEAR & YEARS PAST even more than what has happened in preseason & TC which means even less than what has happened THIS YEAR so far.

Anyone with any kind of objectivity would have to agree that this has been a good preseason & TC for the Bills.

The players have come together as a team & have embraced the new Coaching staff & systems they have installed.

We will soon find out how well they have picked it up.

Like I said, there have been MANY negative articles & opinions given about the Bills & they mean nothing either.

IMO, it is nice to read the RARE positive article about the team. Yes I know it means nothing, but saying the Bills are going 3-13 means nothing either.

You talk about objectivity, but then you like an article like that where a guy says they can build the D around an undersized LB because he had a few good practices? Come on.

Yeah it'd be nice to read some positive news about the Bills but we have to wait until something positive actually happens. This article is just some dude's daydream tha he felt the need to share with the world.

justasportsfan
08-29-2013, 09:15 AM
The player who was not only the best lb'er to play the same system that Pettine runs but arguably the best lber in NFL history was listed at 6'1" 240 lbs. Ray Lewis.

better days
08-29-2013, 09:23 AM
You talk about objectivity, but then you like an article like that where a guy says they can build the D around an undersized LB because he had a few good practices? Come on.

Yeah it'd be nice to read some positive news about the Bills but we have to wait until something positive actually happens. This article is just some dude's daydream tha he felt the need to share with the world.

WHY do we have to wait until something positive actually happens but we don't have to wait until something negative happens to read & hear all the negative garbage?

Like I said, the negative is all based on the past much more so than what is going on NOW.

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 10:31 AM
WHY do we have to wait until something positive actually happens but we don't have to wait until something negative happens to read & hear all the negative garbage?

Like I said, the negative is all based on the past much more so than what is going on NOW.

Because a) this message board is devoted to a team that has sucked for the last 13 years- the "negative" is the reality of what has happened, b) the "negative" continues to happen and this team is continuously haunted by bad decisions of the recent past and c) people are making future predictions based on the info we have, which is almost entirely "negative."

What you are calling "negative" is just the reality of the situation that this team is in. It's impossible to have an honest discussion of the team without mentioning it:

better days
08-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Because a) this message board is devoted to a team that has sucked for the last 13 years- the "negative" is the reality of what has happened, b) the "negative" continues to happen and this team is continuously haunted by bad decisions of the recent past and c) people are making future predictions based on the info we have, which is almost entirely "negative."

What you are calling "negative" is just the reality of the situation that this team is in. It's impossible to have an honest discussion of the team without mentioning it:

Aside from the injuries what negative is continuing to happen?

The info we have is that we have new Coaches with new systems in place, this is NOT the SAME OLD Bills.

justasportsfan
08-29-2013, 10:44 AM

It's a disorder. He can't help himself .

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Aside from the injuries what negative is continuing to happen?

The info we have is that we have new Coaches with new systems in place, this is NOT the SAME OLD Bills.

For starters, Levitre walking, the Byrd situation, the whole mess with Kolb....

better days
08-29-2013, 11:22 AM

Oh, OK, I can't disagree with any of those.

jamze132
08-29-2013, 02:35 PM

14. Can you guess why that number is significant?

jamze132
08-29-2013, 02:39 PM

Don't forget drafting bust after bust after bust.

Mike Williams
Aaron Maybin
Donte Whitner
JP Losman
John McCargo

Just a few 1st rounders to name a few. I won't even get started on the rest of the draft.

better days
08-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Don't forget drafting bust after bust after bust.

Mike Williams
Aaron Maybin
Donte Whitner
JP Losman
John McCargo

Just a few 1st rounders to name a few. I won't even get started on the rest of the draft.

Don't forget NONE of those picks were by the current regime.

Interesting you named no draft bust from THIS regime.

Maybe because there are not any.

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Don't forget NONE of those picks were by the current regime.

Interesting you named no draft bust from THIS regime.

Maybe because there are not any.
What do you consider "this regime?"

If you mean Whaley and Marrone- they've had all of one draft and the guys haven't played a real game yet. If you mean Nix and Whaley, well I showed you the other day how bad Nix's drafting was pick by pick.

No, he doesn't have a huge first round whiff. But other than that his drafting has been horrible. He only found one true star in 3 drafts (I'll give you a "jury's still out" on Gilmore). And a huge portion of the guys he drafted didnt even last a year on the team. And the best his drafting has gotten us was 6-10.

better days
08-29-2013, 06:22 PM
What do you consider "this regime?"

If you mean Whaley and Marrone- they've had all of one draft and the guys haven't played a real game yet. If you mean Nix and Whaley, well I showed you the other day how bad Nix's drafting was pick by pick.

No, he doesn't have a huge first round whiff. But other than that his drafting has been horrible. He only found one true star in 3 drafts (I'll give you a "jury's still out" on Gilmore). And a huge portion of the guys he drafted didnt even last a year on the team. And the best his drafting has gotten us was 6-10.

No you didn't show me Nix was bad at drafting.

It was all opinion & speculation on your part. IMO Nix has drafted REALLY well.

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 06:32 PM
No you didn't show me Nix was bad at drafting.

It was all opinion & speculation on your part. IMO Nix has drafted REALLY well.

lmao. 6-10. The results and facts support my opinions. Nothing supports your opinion.

I don't know why I even bother having a discussion with someone who clearly knows nothing about football.

better days
08-29-2013, 06:36 PM
lmao. 6-10. The results and facts support my opinions. Nothing supports your opinion.

I don't know why I even bother having a discussion with someone who clearly knows nothing about football.

If you think that is the case, I know nothing about football, you don't have to discuss it with me.

But IMO, anyone that thinks COACHING last year did not have more to do with 6-10 than the players is the person that knows nothing about football.

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 06:39 PM
If you think that is the case, I know nothing about football, you don't have to discuss it with me.

But IMO, anyone that thinks COACHING last year did not have more to do with 6-10 than the players is the person that knows nothing about football.

Coaching was a problem, but lack of talent was also a problem. If you can't see that, then you know nothing about football.

But here's the thing: it's the same old deal with you. It's easy to find a new coach, particularly one that's better than Gailey. It's hard to fix a roster that lacks talent. So, the more mentally comforting thought is that coaches were the problem and not a lack of talent. It's the only way to support the delusion that the Bills are better than they are.

better days
08-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Coaching was a problem, but lack of talent was also a problem. If you can't see that, then you know nothing about football.

But here's the thing: it's the same old deal with you. It's easy to find a new coach, particularly one that's better than Gailey. It's hard to fix a roster that lacks talent. So, the more mentally comforting thought is that coaches were the problem and not a lack of talent. It's the only way to support the delusion that the Bills are better than they are.

Well, you think it was an overall lack of talent.

I think there is a lot of talent on this team. What was lacking IMO was a GOOD QB & good Coaching.

I guess we will find out who was right SOON.

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Well, you think it was an overall lack of talent.

I think there is a lot of talent on this team. What was lacking IMO was a GOOD QB & good Coaching.

I guess we will find out who was right SOON.

lmao- famous last words.

The Bills had problems all around last year- coaching, QB, overall talent, depth. Spiller and the OL were about the only two things that went right. And the OL lost one quality starter, a decent depth guy, and another depth guy who was pushing for a starting spot.

better days
08-29-2013, 07:09 PM
lmao- famous last words.

The Bills had problems all around last year- coaching, QB, overall talent, depth. Spiller and the OL were about the only two things that went right. And the OL lost one quality starter, a decent depth guy, and another depth guy who was pushing for a starting spot.

Yeah, I know your opinion. And yes the loss of Levitre was BAD.

But if EJ plays as well as he has in Preseason & the defense plays better than last year it will make a World of difference.

I think the Bills had talent on Defense last year & were crippled by Wanny & his system.

They now have Pettine at DC & have added talent. I think the defense will be much better.

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 08:09 PM
We didn't add much talent on D.

Remember, the D wasn't just bad. It was historically record-breaking bad. Coaching alone can't fix that.

better days
08-29-2013, 08:18 PM
We didn't add much talent on D.

Remember, the D wasn't just bad. It was historically record-breaking bad. Coaching alone can't fix that.

We didn't add much talent on D: OPINION NOT FACT

Coaching alone can't fix that: ​OPINION NOT FACT

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 09:43 PM
We didn't add much talent on D: OPINION NOT FACT

Coaching alone can't fix that: ​OPINION NOT FACT

Lmao. Who did we add to the D? Kiko and Lawson but we lost Gilmore for at least 5 games. If you don't see that it's fact and not opinion to say we didn't add much talent, then you are not being objective. And that's no surprise given some of your previous comments, particularly about Tebow.

better days
08-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Lmao. Who did we add to the D? Kiko and Lawson but we lost Gilmore for at least 5 games. If you don't see that it's fact and not opinion to say we didn't add much talent, then you are not being objective. And that's no surprise given some of your previous comments, particularly about Tebow.

Take Tebow out of the equation. Yes I admit to being a fan of his. But on other matters I have been correct more times than not.

Now you are admitting I was right about Lawson.

You poo pooed his signing at first.

I said when he was signed he was a good player & would help the Bills win games.

The Bills also added Jerry Hughes & he looks like a great pick up as well.

Kiko, Lawson & Hughes will make this defense MUCH better than it was last year playing in Pettines System vs the Wanny system without them last year.

OpIv37
08-30-2013, 10:02 AM
I didn't "poo poo" the signing. I said it was a good pickup but not enough to fix our LB problem.

Hughes is a pass rusher- I don't see him helping much as far as covering TE's or stopping the run.

Kiko's an undersized rookie.

If you really think those 3 and a coach can fix an historically bad defense, especially with Gilmore out and Byrd missing camp, you are kidding yourself.

better days
08-30-2013, 10:05 AM
I didn't "poo poo" the signing. I said it was a good pickup but not enough to fix our LB problem.

Hughes is a pass rusher- I don't see him helping much as far as covering TE's or stopping the run.

Kiko's an undersized rookie.

If you really think those 3 and a coach can fix an historically bad defense, especially with Gilmore out and Byrd missing camp, you are kidding yourself.

Yes you did poo poo the Lawson signing. You said he was not that good. You did NOT call him a good pickup at first. I DID.

better days
08-30-2013, 10:10 AM
And YES, with GOOD Coaching & those three additions I think the defense will be MUCH better this year albeit it may take a few games to get Byrd acclimated & Gilmore back.

gebobs
08-30-2013, 10:44 AM
And YES, with GOOD Coaching & those three additions I think the defense will be MUCH better this year albeit it may take a few games to get Byrd acclimated & Gilmore back.
Too bad the season will be a quarter over by then.

better days
08-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Too bad the season will be a quarter over by then.

Nobody expected the Bills to compete for the Super Bowl this year anyway.

I will be happy just to see the Bills finish strong the 2nd half of the year.