• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Good Article on Kiko

Could the Buffalo Bills have finally found an every-down man in the middle? If the last month of training camp and preseason — albeit a single game — is any indication, they may just have their guy...

Kiko Alonso: The Missing Link to the Bills Defense

Could the
    Buffalo Bills have finally found an every-down man in the middle?If the last month of training camp and preseason—albeit a single game—is any indication, they may just have their guy.
    Kiko Alonso was the team’s second of two second-round picks in this past April’s draft, and he was expected to immediately come in to a defense that ranked 22nd in total yards per game last season and help out.
    It's a lot of pressure to place on somebody who wasn't a first-round pick, but the Bills obviously feel that Alonso can handle the responsibility.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Goor Article on Kiko

I havent heard a ton about him honestly, has he really been impressing as much as this article suggests?

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

My only concern is that he looks smaller than I expected for a middle linebacker.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

very very fast inside now with him and nigel

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
          I havent heard a ton about him honestly, has he really been impressing as much as this article suggests?
          I would say that his play is the opposite of the Holocaust.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

He has shown the potential to be a very good NFL player for years to come...because he has practiced awesome, and that first preseason game was amazing.

Look...I really want to root for these guys, but things like this are just a product of having to talk about something all of the time. The amount of information is staggering, and there are a million people trying to right about sports and get the next big story...so much so that it makes them laughable. Hopefully the guy works out...it would sure be nice, but if he gets himself injured in week two and is out for the year, then he gets forgotten like the many that have come before him.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

My casual impression is that he's been in for a lot of snaps so far. Which is a good thing IMO for a rookie more or less penciled in as the starting MLB.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

I think his biggest weakness is his size. He's often the first to make contact but he needs help to secure the tackle. I hope that improves but his agility and pursuit to the ball are very impressive.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

just like Gilmore, I expect feast or famine with Kiko in his rookie year.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

This is nothing but a desperate fan having a premature wet dream over a player having a few good practices.

Let the guy play in a real game first before talking about building a D around him.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      I think his biggest weakness is his size. He's often the first to make contact but he needs help to secure the tackle. I hope that improves but his agility and pursuit to the ball are very impressive.
                      I like his pursuit to the ball, too. Always seems to be in the picture.

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        This is nothing but a desperate fan having a premature wet dream over a player having a few good practices.

Let the guy play in a real game first before talking about building a D around him.
                        Wet Blanket.
                        It was all

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2010

such a cynic op...lol

- - - Updated - - -

not only is he fast sideline to sideline, he has great athletic ability... he has the movement skills of a ss, excited about him

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Wet Blanket.
                            Hey it is what it is.... Start a thread talking about how EJ sucks and doesn't have the toolkit to make it in the NFL.

Everyone will say that it's too soon and you have to give him a chance..... And they'd be right.

But, if someone writes an article anointing Kiko as the next Spikes before he even plays a real game, people eat it up.

Can't have it both ways.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Opi, who's seriously saying that the D is going to be "built" around him? So far, I see a kid that zooms to the action. Maybe he doesn't personally make the stop. But if you're there, you may well be the body that opens the door for your teammate that does.

Comment

Working...
                              X