PDA

View Full Version : We need to find a CB at cutdown day

Turf
08-28-2013, 11:07 AM
There's no way we can win going into the season with what we have minus Gilmour. I hope the Bills are open to the idea and keeping their eyes on some hard cuts that other teams will have to make, because these two we have starting are sieves.

SpikedLemonade
08-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Of course you are right, but it is always a positive sign when I team is scrambling for QBs and CBs a week or so before the season opener.

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2013, 12:01 PM
I am sure that there will be a plethora of starting claiber CBs cut on that day.

trapezeus
08-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Of course you are right, but it is always a positive sign when I team is scrambling for QBs and CBs a week or so before the season opener.

better than offensive coordinators like in years past....

better days
08-28-2013, 12:13 PM
I am sure that there will be a plethora of starting claiber CBs cut on that day.

Seriously. Does anyone really think any db at all that is better than what we have will become available?

If the Bills have no faith in the CB's on the roster, the best move would be a trade & even then you are going to pay new car price for a 12 year old junker with 100,000 miles on it.

better days
08-28-2013, 12:16 PM
There's no way we can win going into the season with what we have minus Gilmour. I hope the Bills are open to the idea and keeping their eyes on some hard cuts that other teams will have to make, because these two we have starting are sieves.

MOST people did not think the Bills would have won before EJ & Gilmore were injured. So whats the big deal if Gilmore misses 5 or 6 games?

GingerP
08-28-2013, 01:24 PM

That is totally where they come from. Just look at Crezdon Butler. He must be really good, since he was cut 4 times.

better days
08-28-2013, 01:28 PM
That is totally where they come from. Just look at Crezdon Butler. He must be really good, since he was cut 4 times.

Well, A guy cut 4 times has been around in the NFL. Hopefully he has learned a thing or two, developed & is better than a guy cut only once.

CoolBreeze
08-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Who's Gilmour? Is your screen name Terrf or Turf?

Meathead
08-28-2013, 04:00 PM
by me repeating this so many times im sure im going to be totally jinxing him but mkdummas was pretty solid when forced back into the starting lineup down the stretch last year. if the light really has finally gone on for him they should be ok at cb1. might be pining for florence henderson on cb2 tho

Ed
08-29-2013, 11:10 AM
There's talk here in Denver of the Broncos possibly cutting Quentin Jammer who they picked up this past off-season. He's been playing safety for them and I don't know if anyone considers him a capable starting CB anymore, but he may be worth considering.

Thief
08-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Seriously. Does anyone really think any db at all that is better than what we have will become available?

Even tho this post started with the word seriously I still have to ask..... was this even a serious question? Cuz we are starting some dude name Crezlin Butler. Or something.

stuckincincy
08-29-2013, 11:19 AM
There's talk here in Denver of the Broncos possibly cutting Quentin Jammer who they picked up this past off-season. He's been playing safety for them and I don't know if anyone considers him a capable starting CB anymore, but he may be worth considering.

Yep - they will have to comb the cut-down lists. Sadly, that throws rocks into their plans - having to back-fill a position at this late date.

GingerP
08-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Well, A guy cut 4 times has been around in the NFL. Hopefully he has learned a thing or two, developed & is better than a guy cut only once.

Or... he has proven he isn't good enough to play, despite having multiple opportunities.

better days
08-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Or... he has proven he isn't good enough to play, despite having multiple opportunities.

Well, it is a fact he has not been good enough to play up to this point.

But he does have size & speed. If the Bills can Coach him up, he might be the defensive Stevie or Fred in the future.

As Marrone has said, players can improve.

stuckincincy
08-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Please don't bite on Taylor Mays or Dre Kirkpatrick.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Please don't bite on Taylor Mays or Dre Kirkpatrick.

Is Kirkpatrick on the chopping block already? Jesus

better days
08-29-2013, 05:36 PM

What is the reason for him being on the block?

Mouldsie
08-29-2013, 11:07 PM
What is the reason for him being on the block?
Most people wanted him over Gilmore LOLOLOL

stuckincincy
08-30-2013, 05:13 AM
Is Kirkpatrick on the chopping block already? Jesus

No. He's just plain disappointing.

In another thread, somebody mentioned obtaining CB Leon Hall from CIN. If that logic extends to Kirkpatrick, here's his stats from this past Sunday, CIN@DAL:

In 60 snaps - the most he's ever played - he was targeted 10 times, gave up 9 completions. 3 missed tackles. 2 PI calls.

He always has some injury or another. Missed his rookie camp, and half of this years. Made it to 5 games last season, with 4 tackles.

So my personal jury is out - he's beginning to look like a player who was overrated because he played with a powerhouse college. Time will tell.

Taylor Mays' chief skills are piling on after the whistle, and injuring his own teammates. SF had the good sense to dump him after his rookie season.

Historian
08-30-2013, 05:52 AM
I wonder what Mario Clark is up to...?

blackonyx89
08-30-2013, 10:07 AM
We are in definite crisis mode as far as decent corner backs!!!! The Bills better go out hope to get an upgrade or our secondary is going to TOAST CITY!!!!