PDA

View Full Version : bills d will dominate!

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2013, 11:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEClWqBEPFU listen to this song! realize it doesn't matter who our qb is opening day, because our d is going send brady to the ****ing hospital... LETS GO BUFFALO! time to get fired up!

- - - Updated - - -

DAREUS AND CARRINGTON WILL CRUSH THE PATS!

Generalissimus Gibby
08-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Well thanks for jinxing them, *****!

Beebe's Kid
08-28-2013, 11:25 AM
You should get into baseball, or some other hobby.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2013, 11:44 AM

I cant, it's pretty much my whole life, as pathetic as that is...lol

BleedinGreenNC
08-28-2013, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEClWqBEPFU listen to this song! realize it doesn't matter who our qb is opening day, because our d is going send brady to the ****ing hospital... LETS GO BUFFALO! time to get fired up!

- - - Updated - - -

Ask the Jets how that worked out. You have to have an above average QB nowadays to be competitive.

malvado78
08-28-2013, 11:59 AM
listen to this song! realize it doesn't matter who our qb is opening day, because our d is going send brady to the ****ing hospital... LETS GO BUFFALO! time to get fired up!

- - - Updated - - -

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9tF1EJhaIbGePszZ5dDSF-kR4bSntkjGZyVNKb6K2GijjT5xa

trapezeus
08-28-2013, 12:09 PM

or another message board?

better days
08-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Ask the Jets how that worked out. You have to have an above average QB nowadays to be competitive.

Well, at least an average one. So when are the Jets going to get one?

SabreEleven
08-28-2013, 01:07 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, no, it isn't time to get fired up...Game is still a week and a half away and if you get fired up now you be tired for being fired up for a week and a half. You should save the firing up for at least the weekend of, Sparky.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Without Gilmore, the Bills have one of, if not the, worst secondaries in football.

It's Byrd and junk starting followed up by guys who would have issues finding a job elsewhere in the NFL.

BillsFever21
08-28-2013, 04:12 PM
With Gilmore out we probably have one of the worst groups of CB's in the NFL with McKelvin and Brooks as your starters. Hell McKelvin was lucky to be the #3 CB the past couple years. The guy is just terrible.

Throw that in with a crappy LB unit and this will be far from a dominant defense. We can't blitz frequently and leave McKelvin and Brooks alone on an island or they will get killed.

If our defense is even in the top half of the NFL while Gilmore is out then that will be considered a success. Hell even if they're not so putrid that we're playing catch up football in the 2nd or 3rd quarter would be a success at this point.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2013, 04:16 PM
With Gilmore out we probably have one of the worst groups of CB's in the NFL with McKelvin and Brooks as your starters. Hell McKelvin was lucky to be the #3 CB the past couple years. The guy is just terrible.

Throw that in with a crappy LB unit and this will be far from a dominant defense. We can't blitz frequently and leave McKelvin and Brooks alone on an island or they will get killed.

If our defense is even in the top half of the NFL while Gilmore is out then that will be considered a success. Hell even if they're not so putrid that we're playing catch up football in the 2nd or 3rd quarter would be a success at this point.

If we stick to this blitzing idea that's being talked about, I think we may be even worse defensively this year than we were the past 3.

DunkCityFan
08-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Without Gilmore, the Bills have one of, if not the, worst secondaries in football.

It's Byrd and junk starting followed up by guys who would have issues finding a job elsewhere in the NFL.

IDK. Junk is pretty strong. The verdict is out on Williams and Brooks is a rookie. No doubt we suck right now, but Williams seems like he may be better than junk at safety.

SpikedLemonade
08-28-2013, 05:23 PM
If we stick to this blitzing idea that's being talked about, I think we may be even worse defensively this year than we were the past 3.

I am not even sure that is possible.

coastal
08-28-2013, 05:24 PM
I am not even sure that is possible.
The bottom hasn't arrived yet.

SpikedLemonade
08-28-2013, 05:40 PM
The bottom hasn't arrived yet.

But you told me that Mario will dominate this year once the engagement ring thing no longer forces him to be unfocused.

BillsFever21
08-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Well our defense is screwed now. NTD predicted them to be dominant so that means they have a 1% chance of being good.

coastal
08-28-2013, 06:33 PM
But you told me that Mario will dominate this year once the engagement ring thing no longer forces him to be unfocused.
Racist!

cookie G
08-28-2013, 07:05 PM
There are 0 excuses for the D not to produce this year.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2013, 07:37 PM
There are 0 excuses for the D not to produce this year.

Good.

Maybe people will realize the reason the D sucks is because it lacks talent.

sudzy
08-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Over/under 40 points?

cookie G
08-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Good.

Maybe people will realize the reason the D sucks is because it lacks talent.

11 former 1st or 2nd round draft choices on D.

Talent isn't the problem.

And according to many..the problem was 'scheme".

Well, that shouldn't be a problem this year.

The excuses are disappearing.

Its just time for them to man up and play to their potential.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2013, 09:08 PM

I agree. I mean, guys like bradham, Mario, Lawson, dareus, byrd, Gilmore, were some of the highest recruits in college. I believe bradham was number 1 overall... the talent is there. the bills have convinced me that coaching at a high level actually does matter, I used to think differently...

Mr. Pink
08-29-2013, 02:51 AM

It's the worst linebacking corps in the NFL.

Without Gilmore, it's one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

The D-line is a top 10 D-line but that doesn't overcome the rest of it.

BuffaloRedleg
08-29-2013, 03:02 AM
da **** is going on around here? this place is seriously nuts and i kind of like it.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-29-2013, 07:23 AM

Alonso, and bradham are totally different from last year.... Alonso is a rook, and bradham is in his 2nd year starting from the get go in a new system. how can you say that when you have no clue? if anything, as far as making predictions, they are great great athletes and have looked really good in practice and preseason... byrd and Williams are probably one of the top 3 safety tandems, and mckelvin is ok.... id say our secondary is average, and the stats bear that out

jamze132
08-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Well maybe the defense will turn out to be decent by the end of the year but I bet Brady and Co. drop 40 on us Sep. 8th.

trapezeus
08-29-2013, 07:40 AM
the stats bear it out because the run defense is so pathetic that teams would rather just churn out 4 yards a carry. and they aren't playing from behind so they have no need to throw the ball.

Mckelvin sucks. he isn't average. he is out of football if he doesn't have the level of success he does as a punt returner. The bills are paying $20MM for a guy to return kicks and occassionally play as a slot coverage guy.

95% of the NFL was highly recruited from highschool. bradham is a nobody until he proves otherwise.

Searcy is terrible.
Williams is only now starting at safety. To say they are the top 3 is beyond naive. it's classic NTD. You are confusing your hopes and wants with fact.

the level of nonsense you spew out would make you an ideal political candidate for either party.

better days
08-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Well maybe the defense will turn out to be decent by the end of the year but I bet Brady and Co. drop 40 on us Sep. 8th.

We will find out a lot about Pettine on Sept 8 with Gilmore out.

Is he a gambler & will he blitz Brady with backups at CB to put pressure on Brady? Or will he play it "safe" & give Brady all day to pick those CB's apart?

I hope Pettine is a gambler myself.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-29-2013, 07:45 AM
the stats bear it out because the run defense is so pathetic that teams would rather just churn out 4 yards a carry. and they aren't playing from behind so they have no need to throw the ball.

Mckelvin sucks. he isn't average. he is out of football if he doesn't have the level of success he does as a punt returner. The bills are paying $20MM for a guy to return kicks and occassionally play as a slot coverage guy.

95% of the NFL was highly recruited from highschool. bradham is a nobody until he proves otherwise.

Searcy is terrible.
Williams is only now starting at safety. To say they are the top 3 is beyond naive. it's classic NTD. You are confusing your hopes and wants with fact.

the level of nonsense you spew out would make you an ideal political candidate for either party.

mckelvin doesn't suck, he gives up some plays when he is in position... frustrating, but suck? lol, no.... searcy is terrible, Williams has looked great. bradham is not a nobody, he got better as the year went on, and I give everyone a pass last year generally because the coaching on d was atrocious. btw, thank you for the compliments on my persuasion lol

NOT THE DUDE...
08-29-2013, 07:47 AM
bradham reminds me a ton of bowman. Navarro bowman didn't play much as a rookie, and then broke out under harbaugh

trapezeus
08-29-2013, 08:54 AM
so what player on the bills do you have a low opinion of? which one has no chance to improve?

mayotm
08-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure what's more pathetic. NTD's posts about how great all the Bills are or the people that continue to be bothered by his posts.

better days
08-29-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure what's more pathetic. NTD's posts about how great all the Bills are or the people that continue to be bothered by his posts.

NTD may be wrong the vast majority of the time, but so what?

I don't know why any Bills fan should be bothered that he has faith in Bills players to do well even if that faith is misguided.

trapezeus
08-29-2013, 09:47 AM
it's not faith...it's the suredness that he states it with and never takes responsibility when he's dead wrong. he's a used car salesman.

nothing wrong with hoping the bills can be good, but there is very little for a great d coordinator to work with here. if they send the dogs, you have coverage guys who blow. If the pressure doesn't throw off the timing, there will be lots of short throws with big gains.

The safety tandem might have some ball hawking skills, but they aren't big hitters. infact, i don't even remember the last big hit a bills safety dished out (sadly it could be whitner on ochocinco when he was known as Chad Johnson). So receivers have very little fear and are usually easily focused on making the catch.

And if the bills decide to put out more db's who aren't very good and just trying to hold to box, teams will run on us until the DB's start pinching in, and then they'll take advantage of any one-on-one match up since we aren't pressuring the QB.

I'd rather take the first option and hope exotic blitzs get to the qb and rattle their timing. the other option would be the wanny D and we know that doesn't work.

better days
08-29-2013, 09:54 AM
it's not faith...it's the suredness that he states it with and never takes responsibility when he's dead wrong. he's a used car salesman.

nothing wrong with hoping the bills can be good, but there is very little for a great d coordinator to work with here. if they send the dogs, you have coverage guys who blow. If the pressure doesn't throw off the timing, there will be lots of short throws with big gains.

The safety tandem might have some ball hawking skills, but they aren't big hitters. infact, i don't even remember the last big hit a bills safety dished out (sadly it could be whitner on ochocinco when he was known as Chad Johnson). So receivers have very little fear and are usually easily focused on making the catch.

And if the bills decide to put out more db's who aren't very good and just trying to hold to box, teams will run on us until the DB's start pinching in, and then they'll take advantage of any one-on-one match up since we aren't pressuring the QB.

I'd rather take the first option and hope exotic blitzs get to the qb and rattle their timing. the other option would be the wanny D and we know that doesn't work.

I agree about the defense putting pressure on Brady. I would rather give up some big plays than watch Brady stand back there with all the time in the World to pick the suspect CBs apart.

Put on the pressure & the defense may make some big plays as well as give some up.

GingerP
08-29-2013, 10:09 AM
I agree about the defense putting pressure on Brady. I would rather give up some big plays than watch Brady stand back there with all the time in the World to pick the suspect CBs apart.

Put on the pressure & the defense may make some big plays as well as give some up.

Historically, though, Brady has struggled with teams play coverage and get pressure with their front 4. He eats up the blitz, as do most of the top QB, because they recognize when it is coming and either get of out the play or get rid of the ball quickly before the pressure can get there. Instead of bringing pressure, it just makes the team lose faster.

Whatever Pettine does, he will want to do a better job than he did against Brady the last couple years. Brady has taken his lunch money.

better days
08-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Historically, though, Brady has struggled with teams play coverage and get pressure with their front 4. He eats up the blitz, as do most of the top QB, because they recognize when it is coming and either get of out the play or get rid of the ball quickly before the pressure can get there. Instead of bringing pressure, it just makes the team lose faster.

Whatever Pettine does, he will want to do a better job than he did against Brady the last couple years. Brady has taken his lunch money.

Well, for years it has been said don't blitz Brady because he will beat the blitz & burn you. And that is true.

But people have also learned that if you do put pressure on Brady, he feels pressure when it is not really there & it throws him off his game.

The Bills need to bring the HEAT from the start & get Brady to worry about the pressure coming.

GingerP
08-29-2013, 11:13 AM
But people have also learned that if you do put pressure on Brady, he feels pressure when it is not really there & it throws him off his game.

The Bills need to bring the HEAT from the start & get Brady to worry about the pressure coming.

They need to do it with their front 4, though, not committing extra guys. You need pressure with coverage behind.

better days
08-29-2013, 11:16 AM
They need to do it with their front 4, though, not committing extra guys. You need pressure with coverage behind.

If they can get pressure with only 4, then great. And they may be able to, Volmer has not looked good this preseason.

GingerP
08-29-2013, 11:20 AM
If they can get pressure with only 4, then great. And they may be able to, Volmer has not looked good this preseason.

Preseason or not, Vollmer and Solder are both really good players. You can't judge and OL because preseason is about evaluation, so they aren't playing the scheme the same way they do in attacking an opponent with a plan. That makes it harder on an OL.

The way to attack Brady is pressure up the middle. The Pats have had injuries at RG in preseason, attack them up the middle. Brady can step up in the pocket with outside pressure if the middle holds, but he doesn't move well out of the pocket if forced left or right. Middle-pressure is key.

better days
08-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Preseason or not, Vollmer and Solder are both really good players. You can't judge and OL because preseason is about evaluation, so they aren't playing the scheme the same way they do in attacking an opponent with a plan. That makes it harder on an OL.

The way to attack Brady is pressure up the middle. The Pats have had injuries at RG in preseason, attack them up the middle. Brady can step up in the pocket with outside pressure if the middle holds, but he doesn't move well out of the pocket if forced left or right. Middle-pressure is key.

I agree pressure up the middle is needed, but I'm sure preseason is not about getting pushed into Brady. Volmer & Solder have both been less than impressive this offseason.

stuckincincy
08-29-2013, 12:07 PM

Sure is, since recent rules have granted receivers carte blanche.

cookie G
08-29-2013, 12:53 PM

Well...if you've 2 firsts and 2 seconds on your secondary, and its one of the worst in the league, you haven't been using your draft resources too well.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-29-2013, 01:37 PM
so what player on the bills do you have a low opinion of? which one has no chance to improve?
searcy, j rogers, that's about it. Ive said it before, put any of the top 10 qbs on our team, we win 12 games

- - - Updated - - -

I agree pressure up the middle is needed, but I'm sure preseason is not about getting pushed into Brady. Volmer & Solder have both been less than impressive this offseason.

glenn/hairston/pears > solder/vollmer

cookie G
08-29-2013, 01:40 PM
I agree. I mean, guys like bradham, Mario, Lawson, dareus, byrd, Gilmore, were some of the highest recruits in college. I believe bradham was number 1 overall... the talent is there. the bills have convinced me that coaching at a high level actually does matter, I used to think differently...

Physically, athletically, they are up there with most in the league...if not the elite.

Even the LBs....

I don't know if anyone realizes that Manny Lawson runs a 4.5 and has a 40" vertical...at over 240 lbs.

Jerry Hughes ran a 4.6 at 255 lb, with agility numbers that rival many running backs.

Dareus has, or had, that rare combination of size, strength and short area quickness for a DT.

We've heard ad naseum of Mario's beasiality.

This isn't a Jauron group of undersized front 7 players who were supposedly quicker, (they usually weren't).

Physical talent isn't lacking on the D.

Is it coaching? We'll see...but there is a common theme among them...a history of underachieving and not living up to their physical potential. I think a lot of that has to do with their football IQ's.

Most are capable of making the big play. Most are also capable of getting burned by their own ignorance/lack of field awareness.

Watching the Washington game, there were a few plays that just exemplified it.

Jerry Hughes- on one runnng play, he crashed to the inside, didn't see the fake and watched as the RB(maybe QB) run right around him to the outside...with a gaping hole around the edge. Whether there should have been someone covering the outside, I don't know, but it was wide open.

A few plays later, it was a run up the middle. Dareus actually knocked his guy into the backfield, cutting off the hole. Hughes came crashing into the backfield..then stopped. It looked like he was cutting off the edge on a play that he could have had a stop in the backfield. Instead, the RB just went inside his stopped body and took off for an 18 yard gain.

Mario...ah Mario...after watching him for a year, I said he has the on field awareness of a Pop Warner player.

He didn't disappoint against Washington. On one play, the front 7 slanted to their right. Hand off to the RB up the middle. The only one who didn't realize it was a hand off was Mario. He was too busy chasing Pat White, because he thought it was a bootleg. He was literally 7 yards in the backfield chasing around Pat White, who had already handed off the ball. The RB simply cut back to his right and ran around right end for a 20 yard gain. He was 5 yards past the line of scrimmage before Mario realized it. I was waiting for Pat White to hold up his hands and scream.."look dude, no ball".

Gus "do your job" Bradley, the guy who turned the Seahawks D around before leaving for Jax had a good article in SI last winter. Just about everything he talked about was discipline, knowing where the ball is going, field awareness. They ran an aggressive defense, but they weren't stupid about it.

Based on the quality of the Jet's D, I think Pettine understands that too. Can he convince this bunch of players? I dunno. We'll see.

GingerP
08-29-2013, 02:09 PM
glenn/hairston/pears > solder/vollmer

Yeah... right.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-29-2013, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YM476Pa4o !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Pink
08-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Physically, athletically, they are up there with most in the league...if not the elite.

Even the LBs....

I don't know if anyone realizes that Manny Lawson runs a 4.5 and has a 40" vertical...at over 240 lbs.

Jerry Hughes ran a 4.6 at 255 lb, with agility numbers that rival many running backs.

Dareus has, or had, that rare combination of size, strength and short area quickness for a DT.

We've heard ad naseum of Mario's beasiality.

This isn't a Jauron group of undersized front 7 players who were supposedly quicker, (they usually weren't).

Physical talent isn't lacking on the D.

Is it coaching? We'll see...but there is a common theme among them...a history of underachieving and not living up to their physical potential. I think a lot of that has to do with their football IQ's.

Most are capable of making the big play. Most are also capable of getting burned by their own ignorance/lack of field awareness.

Watching the Washington game, there were a few plays that just exemplified it.

Jerry Hughes- on one runnng play, he crashed to the inside, didn't see the fake and watched as the RB(maybe QB) run right around him to the outside...with a gaping hole around the edge. Whether there should have been someone covering the outside, I don't know, but it was wide open.

A few plays later, it was a run up the middle. Dareus actually knocked his guy into the backfield, cutting off the hole. Hughes came crashing into the backfield..then stopped. It looked like he was cutting off the edge on a play that he could have had a stop in the backfield. Instead, the RB just went inside his stopped body and took off for an 18 yard gain.

Mario...ah Mario...after watching him for a year, I said he has the on field awareness of a Pop Warner player.

He didn't disappoint against Washington. On one play, the front 7 slanted to their right. Hand off to the RB up the middle. The only one who didn't realize it was a hand off was Mario. He was too busy chasing Pat White, because he thought it was a bootleg. He was literally 7 yards in the backfield chasing around Pat White, who had already handed off the ball. The RB simply cut back to his right and ran around right end for a 20 yard gain. He was 5 yards past the line of scrimmage before Mario realized it. I was waiting for Pat White to hold up his hands and scream.."look dude, no ball".

Gus "do your job" Bradley, the guy who turned the Seahawks D around before leaving for Jax had a good article in SI last winter. Just about everything he talked about was discipline, knowing where the ball is going, field awareness. They ran an aggressive defense, but they weren't stupid about it.

Based on the quality of the Jet's D, I think Pettine understands that too. Can he convince this bunch of players? I dunno. We'll see.

This is exactly it...

All NFL players obviously have physical talent and ability, if they didn't, they wouldn't be there...

But our guys on top of being not top tier physical specimens compared to other teams around the league are also dumber than a box of rocks.

You can't teach awareness/football acumen...you either have it or you don't.