PDA

View Full Version : Even the Jets reporters are melting down

IlluminatusUIUC
08-28-2013, 10:35 PM
http://deadspin.com/if-the-jets-are-going-down-theyre-taking-the-media-wi-1218921769

A rather epic *****fest between Jason LaCanfora and Bart Hubbuch of the NY Post over the former's Rex Ryan article.

LMAO what a team. I love it!

better days
08-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Geno should thrive in that NJ environment.

The Jets are such a mess even Fireman Ed jumped off the bandwagon.

BLeonard
08-28-2013, 10:51 PM
As a fan of the Bills, the only NFL team that hasn't made the playoffs in the 21st Century, I'm not really gonna throw stones, or revel in another team "melting down," much less a couple of sports reporters.

-Bill

Meathead
08-28-2013, 11:30 PM
aw hell widat i will

:lolpoint: :jetsuck:

IlluminatusUIUC
08-28-2013, 11:36 PM
As a fan of the Bills, the only NFL team that hasn't made the playoffs in the 21st Century, I'm not really gonna throw stones, or revel in another team "melting down," much less a couple of sports reporters.

-Bill

What fun is that? Come on, their starting qb ran into another player's fat ass and gave away a fumble return td. If you can't laugh at that you are dead inside.

Meathead
08-28-2013, 11:46 PM
he will never. live. that. down.

14, 677 - estimated number of times mark sanchez will hear the phrase 'butt fumble' before he dies

BuffaloRedleg
08-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Schadenfreude!

Beat you to it, Mace!

jamze132
08-29-2013, 07:51 AM

-Bill

Look guy, there are only so many teams we can make fun of right now and the J E T S, JETS, JETS, JETS are one of them. **** them.

Mad Max
08-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Look guy, there are only so many teams we can make fun of right now and the J E T S, JETS, JETS, JETS are one of them. **** them.

ha. Yep, misery loves company. We gotta take solace where and when we can.

We'll be good again long before them of this I have no doubt.

Meathead
08-29-2013, 09:09 AM
seriously if i were a jet fan i would haaate that team. lame duck cartoon character head coach. pretty boy butt fumbler. pouty horse face primadonna 'franchise' rookie. fireman ed turned gay

ha ha ha jets you suck

psubills62
08-29-2013, 09:16 AM

-Bill
There have been plenty of times when I can't help but laugh at the Bills too.

And yes, Russell Crowe, I am entertained.

justasportsfan
08-29-2013, 09:25 AM
sounds like bills fans

BLeonard
08-29-2013, 12:34 PM
What fun is that? Come on, their starting qb ran into another player's fat ass and gave away a fumble return td. If you can't laugh at that you are dead inside.

Were you laughing at this, too?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/vySGAGUe3zg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/vySGAGUe3zg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

-Bill

gr8slayer
08-29-2013, 12:39 PM
It's amazing how far they've fallen.

BLeonard
08-29-2013, 12:44 PM

How do you figure?

The Jets have played in 12 playoff games since the Bills last played in one. The last two years that the Jets made the playoffs, they ended up playing in the AFC Championship.

When's the last time the Bills had a better record than the Jets? In the past 10 meetings, the Bills are 2-8 against the Jets.

Sorry, I don't see how people can make fun of the Jets, when the Bills have been significantly worse for the past 13 seasons.

-Bill

trapezeus
08-29-2013, 12:47 PM
bill, you need to come live in nyc. jet fans here have all but given up. they don't make fun of any other team but their own right now. they are in a jauron year. They know exactly what is going to happen and the coaches will keep talking but nothing will change.

they wanted this to be figured out before the season started with sanchez. and then they went and grabbed the worst "project" qb of the group.

making fun of the jets is exactly what jet fans are doing. You are actually helping them process the season.

better days
08-29-2013, 12:49 PM
How do you figure?

The Jets have played in 12 playoff games since the Bills last played in one. The last two years that the Jets made the playoffs, they ended up playing in the AFC Championship.

When's the last time the Bills had a better record than the Jets? In the past 10 meetings, the Bills are 2-8 against the Jets.

Sorry, I don't see how people can make fun of the Jets, when the Bills have been significantly worse for the past 13 seasons.

-Bill

While what you say is true, the Jets are the BIGGEST JOKE in the NFL today between Rex, Sanchez & Woody

Talk about the 3 Stooges.

malvado78
08-29-2013, 12:56 PM

<object width="420" height="315">

<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/vySGAGUe3zg?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></object>

-Bill

That is a normal fumble that is seen many times in a season.

The Butt Fumble was unique, spectacular, and FUNNY! I probably would have had a hard time not laughing at a Bills QB in the same situation. Although many years of terrible QB play has made me a little cynical...

trapezeus
08-29-2013, 01:13 PM
i hated this fumble. that was the play that i knew losman would never ever be fixed and that he needed to be gone immediately.

jamze132
08-29-2013, 02:43 PM
How do you figure?

-Bill
Come on man. There big mouth HC put his starting QB in a preseason game in the 4th quarter and almost got him killed. Oh and Sanchez looks like a slightly gay cartel leader.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-29-2013, 02:53 PM

<object width="420" height="315">

<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/vySGAGUe3zg?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></object>

-Bill

Of course I was, it was the Losmaniest moment of all time. The fact that it was foreshadowed on the ****ing Sopranos made it doubly hilarious.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Alright, the fact that I even have to explain this shows how humorless some of you guys are, but here are some of my top Jets moments without even including buttfumble.

1) Rex Ryan donning the goofiest blonde wig ever and doing an entire press conference pretending to be his brother Rob.

2) Sanchez' male model photo shoot with GQ

3) This video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F9Wv46QvV0

4) Rex Ryan getting outed for making fetish videos with his wife, including one where she is giving a foot job to a guy who looks SUSPICIOUSLY like Darrelle Revis. Wes Welker's prank press conference only added onto it.

5) Mark Sanchez gets one chance with less than a minute to beat the Titans and keep their playoff hopes alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_hYwcpxO0k

6) The entire Tim Tebow fiasco, including the efforts to make him a punt blocker and a tight end.
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Tim-Tebow-Hit-in-Head-with-Pass.gif

7) Antonio Cromartie having so many kids he literally can't remember all their names on Hard Knocks.

8) Mike Goodson misses almost the entire preseason, reports to the team, gets immediately suspended.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/08/26/new-york-jets-mike-goodson-returns-suspended-four-games/2704509/

9) Vernon Gholston gets $9 million in escalators if he records ONE sack or ONE forced fumble, gets cut without accomplishing either.

10) Brett Favre's last pass in a Jets uniform is an interception. But wait! The D gets the ball back! Nevermind, Brett Favre's last pass in a Jets uniform is an illegal forward pass.

11) Speaking of the line of scrimmage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1E9VZE6jI

I could do this all day.

ALL DAY.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-29-2013, 03:17 PM
There are so many I didn't even include Rex Ryan getting a ********* tattoo of his wife wearing nothing but a Mark Sanchez jersey.

better days
08-29-2013, 05:25 PM
There are so many I didn't even include Rex Ryan getting a ********* tattoo of his wife wearing nothing but a Mark Sanchez jersey.

How could you leave that off the list?

IlluminatusUIUC
08-29-2013, 05:59 PM
How could you leave that off the list?

It's such a loooong list, things are bound to slip through the cracks. Like, how about Bill Belichick quitting on a piece of notebook paper at the very news conference where he was to be announced as the Jets head coach?

sudzy
08-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Am I the only one here that realizes we live in a glass house.

better days
08-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Am I the only one here that realizes we live in a glass house.

I guess you didn't hear, we had the glass tempered.

BLeonard
08-29-2013, 10:20 PM
While what you say is true, the Jets are the BIGGEST JOKE in the NFL today between Rex, Sanchez & Woody

Talk about the 3 Stooges.

Good, then the Bills should have no issues winning both games against the "Biggest joke in the NFL today"... Right?

Do me a favor, bookmark this thread and bring it back up when the Bills sweep the Jets. I'll be surprised if it happens in the 2013 season.

-Bill

better days
08-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Good, then the Bills should have no issues winning both games against the "Biggest joke in the NFL today"... Right?

Do me a favor, bookmark this thread and bring it back up when the Bills sweep the Jets. I'll be surprised if it happens in the 2013 season.

-Bill

Just because the Jets are the biggest joke in the NFL today does not guarantee they will go 0-16.

BLeonard
08-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Just because the Jets are the biggest joke in the NFL today does not guarantee they will go 0-16.

Well, if you get beat by the "biggest joke in the NFL," what does that make you...?

At the end of that day, what matters in the NFL is wins and losses. Maybe when the Bills can beat the Jets with a semblance of regularity, I'll start thinking of them as a "joke."

-Bill

better days
08-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Well, if you get beat by the "biggest joke in the NFL," what does that make you...?

At the end of that day, what matters in the NFL is wins and losses. Maybe when the Bills can beat the Jets with a semblance of regularity, I'll start thinking of them as a "joke."

-Bill

The Jets are a JOKE because of all the nonsense IlluminatusUIUC listed.

But as long as Rex is the HC they will have a good defense & will win some games because of that alone.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Sportscenter formally retired Buttfumble as the "Worst of the Worst" champion - a title it held without serious dispute for nearly a full year. Who knows how long it could have gone had they let it continue to compete?

http://i.imgur.com/D6szVg3.jpg

Meathead
09-06-2013, 03:08 PM

on any given sunday the biggest joke in the nfl could beat the second biggest joke in the nfl

IlluminatusUIUC
09-07-2013, 05:28 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9638428/the-new-york-jets-nfl-hell

Here's a Jets timeline of the last 18 months, including some absolute gems I'd never even heard:

July 15, 2013: Via CBS New York (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/15/book-claims-woody-johnson-drunkenly-fell-off-bridge-in-college-while-urinating/): "Book Claims Woody Johnson Drunkenly Fell Off Bridge In College While Urinating."

http://deadspin.com/mark-sanchez-looks-like-he-had-a-grand-old-time-last-ni-573703698

BLeonard
09-08-2013, 05:05 PM
New York Jets 1-0
Buffalo Bills 0-1

...Wish the Bills had that kind of "meltdown" today...

-Bill

IlluminatusUIUC
09-08-2013, 05:37 PM
New York Jets 1-0
Buffalo Bills 0-1

...Wish the Bills had that kind of "meltdown" today...

-Bill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour

^ Good reading, might prove enlightening for you.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 10:16 AM
How's that "Jets meltdown" looking for everyone this morning...?

-Bill

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 10:27 AM

-BillPffft. We lost by 7 points on 4 or 5 big plays. We had third string corners on the field.

But it's nice for you to pimp yourself by bringing back this thread. Like I said before, go pull for the Colts. You and your ilk are not really Bills' Fans, just fans of the win column. You also fail to understand that we are a very young team. Wins will be hard to come by. At least we have been competitive in all three games. That's all a real fan can ask for.

The one's with a gash between their legs, nothing is enough.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Pffft. We lost by 7 points on 4 or 5 big plays. We had third string corners on the field.

A loss is a loss. IIRC, Carolina had their secondary pretty much decimated by injury last week, but I didn't hear anyone pointing that out when the Bills won by one.

Like I said before, go pull for the Colts. You and your ilk are not really Bills' Fans, just fans of the win column.

Please explain why, if I am "just a fan of the win column," I have stuck with the Bills through the past 13 seasons of failure.

You also fail to understand that we are a very young team. Wins will be hard to come by. At least we have been competitive in all three games. That's all a real fan can ask for.

That's all complacent fans can ask for... How far has that gotten the Bills in the past decade...?

Read this tread again... See how many predicted the Jets to be abysmal and/or that the Jets were the "biggest joke in the NFL"... According to those people the Bills just lost to the "biggest joke in the NFL."

All's I said was "As a fan of the only team to not make the playoffs in the 21st century, I wouldn't be criticizing any other team until the Bills are proven to be better than them."

3 weeks in and the Bills are again in last place in the AFC East, 0-2 in the division... But, yeah, let's keep taking about all of the problems that the Jets have.

-Bill

IlluminatusUIUC
09-23-2013, 10:44 AM

-Bill

If you can't laugh at the buttfumble because we lost yesterday, then you're a soulless dead-eyed shell of a man. I still find the Jets hilarious and I will continue to.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/PP1L/there-many-come-a-day-when-the-mark-sanchez-butt-fumble-is-not-funny/image.png

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 10:46 AM
A loss is a loss. IIRC, Carolina had their secondary pretty much decimated by injury last week, but I didn't hear anyone pointing that out when the Bills won by one.

Please explain why, if I am "just a fan of the win column," I have stuck with the Bills through the past 13 seasons of failure.

That's all complacent fans can ask for... How far has that gotten the Bills in the past decade...?

Read this tread again... See how many predicted the Jets to be abysmal and/or that the Jets were the "biggest joke in the NFL"... According to those people the Bills just lost to the "biggest joke in the NFL."

All's I said was "As a fan of the only team to not make the playoffs in the 21st century, I wouldn't be criticizing any other team until the Bills are proven to be better than them."

3 weeks in and the Bills are again in last place in the AFC East, 0-2 in the division... But, yeah, let's keep taking about all of the problems that the Jets have.

-BillYour lack of intestinal fortitude is alarming.

Read the other threads where I have commented on your supposed fandom.

"Oh, but Bluto, we have not been winning for so long"

Tissues and Tampons are available at the Zone store. I suggest you take advantage so you don't soil the wife's new carpet.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Your lack of intestinal fortitude is alarming.

Read the other threads where I have commented on your supposed fandom.

"Oh, but Bluto, we have not been winning for so long"

Tissues and Tampons are available at the Zone store. I suggest you take advantage so you don't soil the wife's new carpet.

All teams have those types of fans, win now mentality. Its the society that people are brought up in these days.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 11:03 AM
All teams have those types of fans, win now mentality. Its the society that people are brought up in these days.

Yes, how impatient of me and some other fans to want to win or *gasp* make the playoffs for the first time since the Clinton Administration.

Please tell me, how many more years should we all just "be patient" before we can expect to see results...?

-Bill

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Yes, how impatient of me and some other fans to want to win or *gasp* make the playoffs for the first time since the Clinton Administration.

Please tell me, how many more years should we all just "be patient" before we can expect to see results...?

-Bill

I would be happy if you never made the playoffs again, but the " I want it now" attitude is whats wrong with society now. Things need time to develop, to learn. Patience...

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 11:17 AM

-BillTranslation: It's been too long since I got my warm Sunday fuzzy and haven't been able to rub my pathetic pecker on the TV screen.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 11:20 AM
I would be happy if you never made the playoffs again, but the " I want it now" attitude is whats wrong with society now. Things need time to develop, to learn. Patience...

Again, Bills fans have been hearing the "patience" line through 13 seasons now. Patience wears thin when your team holds the longest active streak in the entire league for not even making the playoffs.

But, yeah, how dare some of us want to see that streak come to an end before another decade has passed.

-Bill

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Again, Bills fans have been hearing the "patience" line through 13 seasons now. Patience wears thin when your team holds the longest active streak in the entire league for not even making the playoffs.

But, yeah, how dare some of us want to see that streak come to an end before another decade has passed.

-Bill

Umm, my team hasnt been to the SB in over 40 years. Its falling on deaf ears! Heres to another 15 years of no playoffs!!!!

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Umm, my team hasnt been to the SB in over 40 years. Its falling on deaf ears! Heres to another 15 years of no playoffs!!!!I'm very happy that we have an intelligent and common sense Jets' fan here. Very unusual. The Jets' and Bills' history are almost identical. We are only separated by a handful of wins and playoff appearances all time. Our fans have suffered equally, both teams having the unique ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

As fans, we should empathize with each other because we are kindred spirits. Supporting their team when reason says they shouldn't.

BTW Green, just in case you didn't know. After the Jets won SB III, they played in Buffalo the first game of the next season. A few hundred Bills' Fans met their plane at the Buffalo airport, cheering and thanking them for beating the NFL. Namath and the Jets (even though the game was really won by the defense and Matt Snell) were basically responsible for the merger. I saw that game on TV as a lad. I could never bring myself to get a full on hate for your team after that, although Rexy does test my patience sometimes.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm very happy that we have an intelligent and common sense Jets' fan here. Very unusual. The Jets' and Bills' history are almost identical. We are only separated by a handful of wins and playoff appearances all time. Our fans have suffered equally, both teams having the unique ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

As fans, we should empathize with each other because we are kindred spirits. Supporting their team when reason says they shouldn't.

BTW Green, just in case you didn't know. After the Jets won SB III, they played in Buffalo the first game of the next season. A few hundred Bills' Fans met their plane at the Buffalo airport, cheering and thanking them for beating the NFL. Namath and the Jets (even though the game was really won by the defense and Matt Snell) were basically responsible for the merger. I saw that game on TV as a lad. I could never bring myself to get a full on hate for your team after that, although Rexy does test my patience sometimes.

I never knew that. thank you for the information!! Respect sir, respect!

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Umm, my team hasnt been to the SB in over 40 years. Its falling on deaf ears! Heres to another 15 years of no playoffs!!!!

Sad thing is, we're not even having the same discussion here... You're upset about not being in the Super Bowl, while many Bills fans would just like to make the playoffs.

Have the Jets ever gone 13 seasons without even making the playoffs...?

-Bill

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Sad thing is, we're not even having the same discussion here... You're upset about not being in the Super Bowl, while many Bills fans would just like to make the playoffs.

-Bill

Not that i know of. I understand the frustration, but at least you have been to the SB recently.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Not that i know of. I understand the frustration, but at least you have been to the SB recently.

Depends on what you define as "recently."

Super Bowl XXVIII was 20 years ago... Babies that were born in 1993 will be of legal drinking age next year... Babies born on the day of the last Bills playoff game are now in High school.

-Bill

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Depends on what you define as "recently."

Super Bowl XXVIII was 20 years ago... Babies that were born in 1993 will be of legal drinking age next year... Babies born on the day of the last Bills playoff game are now in High school.

-Bill

When you put it like that it makes it really bad.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 12:22 PM
When you put it like that it makes it really bad.

We were at the bar where we watch the Bills games on opening day... One of the regular Bills fans there had his son and daughter with him for the first time. The daughter was wearing a Super Bowl XXVI "Mission Minneapolis" sweater. At halftime, I asked "Was she even alive when that sweater was made?" The answer was "No... She's only 19."

We figured out that she had just started kindergarten when the Bills last made the playoffs... Now she's finished with High School... So, yeah.

-Bill

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 12:23 PM

-BillThe Jets didn't make the playoffs for 11 years between '70 and '80. They have made the post season 12 times, post merger, while the Bills' have made it 13 times. AFL we made it 4 with two championships out of three appearances while the Jets twice with one Super Bowl win. I believe that "cheap" Ralph Wilson put up his own money to support the foundering NY franchise (I think they were called the "Titans" then) as well as the Oakland Raiders.

Like I said, both teams have remarkably similar records.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 12:28 PM
I believe that "cheap" Ralph Wilson put up his own money to support the foundering NY franchise (I think they were called the "Titans" then) as well as the Oakland Raiders.

New England, too, IIRC... Now, imagine if he'd do it for his own team, instead of sitting over $19 million under the cap.

-Bill

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 12:30 PM
When you put it like that it makes it really bad.It actually means that he became a Bills' Fan when we were very good in the late '80's and '90's. It's easy to be a Fan when you're sailing on calm seas. It takes people of character to stick with your guys and organization when the seas are turbulent and the ship is rockin'. Some people here are waiting for the boat to capsize and are looking for a spot on the lifeboat. The true fan is content to stand on deck and go down with the ship.

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 12:32 PM
New England, too, IIRC... Now, imagine if he'd do it for his own team, instead of sitting over $19 million under the cap.

-BillWell, he's most likely suffering from dementia at 94. Wilson has made some incredibly idiotic decisions over the course of his ownership. I don't think we can give him too much crap for the last 4 years.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 12:59 PM
It actually means that he became a Bills' Fan when we were very good in the late '80's and '90's. It's easy to be a Fan when you're sailing on calm seas. It takes people of character to stick with your guys and organization when the seas are turbulent and the ship is rockin'. Some people here are waiting for the boat to capsize and are looking for a spot on the lifeboat. The true fan is content to stand on deck and go down with the ship.

I grew up in a family of Giants fans, i have been tormented all my life. I smiled all day because of what the Panthers did to them!

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 02:30 PM
It actually means that he became a Bills' Fan when we were very good in the late '80's and '90's.

I'm 35 and have been a fan as long as I can remember... But, whatever floats your boat.

It's easy to be a Fan when you're sailing on calm seas. It takes people of character to stick with your guys and organization when the seas are turbulent and the ship is rockin'.

...And, I'm still here after 4 Super Bowl losses and 13 years of not making the playoffs. A fairweather fan would have been gone long ago. I'm also a Cubs fan in baseball. So, am I a fairweather baseball fan too?

Some people here are waiting for the boat to capsize and are looking for a spot on the lifeboat.

Yeah, because 13 years just isn't enough excuse for someone to leave if they wanted to.

The true fan is content to stand on deck and go down with the ship.

So, if they move the Bills to LA, would you still be a fan? To me, that would be "going down with the ship."

Well, he's most likely suffering from dementia at 94. Wilson has made some incredibly idiotic decisions over the course of his ownership. I don't think we can give him too much crap for the last 4 years.

He's still the owner and accountability should start at the top. If he's "suffering from dementia," maybe he should have sold the team to someone that is capable of handling the franchise. Instead, we get the kabuki theater of the Ex-Florida Marlins Marketing guy as de facto owner.

The Bills are and always have been, little more than a hobby/business for Ralph Wilson. Every dollar he saves by not spending to the cap is pocketed at the end of every season. When that wasn't enough for him and the NFL made rules stating that each team had to spend at least 90 some percent of the cap, he started the selling games to Toronto scheme.

There's much more to this story than the past 4 years, but I'm sure you don't care. You're just part of the "At least we have a team" crowd that couldn't care less if the Bills ever win again.

-Bill

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm 35 and have been a fan as long as I can remember... But, whatever floats your boat.

...And, I'm still here after 4 Super Bowl losses and 13 years of not making the playoffs. A fairweather fan would have been gone long ago. I'm also a Cubs fan in baseball. So, am I a fairweather baseball fan too?

Yeah, because 13 years just isn't enough excuse for someone to leave if they wanted to.

So, if they move the Bills to LA, would you still be a fan? To me, that would be "going down with the ship."

He's still the owner and accountability should start at the top. If he's "suffering from dementia," maybe he should have sold the team to someone that is capable of handling the franchise. Instead, we get the kabuki theater of the Ex-Florida Marlins Marketing guy as de facto owner.

The Bills are and always have been, little more than a hobby/business for Ralph Wilson. Every dollar he saves by not spending to the cap is pocketed at the end of every season. When that wasn't enough for him and the NFL made rules stating that each team had to spend at least 90 some percent of the cap, he started the selling games to Toronto scheme.

There's much more to this story than the past 4 years, but I'm sure you don't care. You're just part of the "At least we have a team" crowd that couldn't care less if the Bills ever win again.

-BillIf the Bills moved to LA, they would no longer be the BUFFALO BILLS so I would never watch another NFL game again. I already think the league is a watered down pussified version of it's former self where games are engineered for maximum entertainment value and have considered not paying for Sunday Ticket except it's really just a social event for my wife, friends and I.

So, you were 10 and 12 when the Bills' started their yearly appearance in the playoffs. Cool.

Like I said, there are tissues and tampons available. I'm sure you can find your own beer to cry in.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 02:49 PM
If the Bills moved to LA, they would no longer be the BUFFALO BILLS so I would never watch another NFL game again.

I call bull**** on the bolded.

I already think the league is a watered down pussified version of it's former self where games are engineered for maximum entertainment value and have considered not paying for Sunday Ticket except it's really just a social event for my wife, friends and I.

I go to a bar to watch every game... Costs less than Sunday Ticket to eat there while watching. If I wanted to root for a different team, I certainly would have that ability. It's not like Indiana is the heart of Bills country or anything. I don't and haven't since I started watching football.

So, you were 10 and 12 when the Bills' started their yearly appearance in the playoffs. Cool.

Again, if I was such a fairweather fan (as you seem to claim) why would I still be rooting for them after 13 years of no playoff appearances? I'm not on here saying "I'm done with this team" or "I'm gonna be a 49er's fan" (Right, Coastal?) I again, simply said that, being in the unenviable position that Bills fans are, I'm not gonna really say much about another team having issues, especially when that team beats the Bills more often than the Bills beat them.

Like I said, there are tissues and tampons available. I'm sure you can find your own beer to cry in.

I don't need tissues and I don't drink. I'm simply not gonna throw stones in a glass house.

-Bill

IlluminatusUIUC
09-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Geno tries a streetball behind the back pass

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191p30nhtj9dkgif/original.gif

Ooops

This one wasn't the Jets' fault but funny nontheless

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/09/ref.gif

IlluminatusUIUC
10-17-2013, 01:20 PM
So, for Patriots week, Rex Ryan sits his team down and tells them not to have sex with their wives.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sex-rex-ryan-tells-jets-hands-wives-pats-clash-article-1.1487727

Ryan, in a team meeting Wednesday, told the Jets they need to be well-rested when Tom Brady and Co. hit MetLife Stadium on Sunday, and, according to Josh Cribbs, added “Don’t do nothing for your wife.”
To defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson, that not only meant avoiding things like taking out the garbage, it also included any activities in the bedroom.

“Most definitely,” Richardson told the Daily News with an ear-to-ear grin, when asked if Rex’s message included hanky panky.

Richardson’s comments sparked Jet mayhem reminiscent of the good old days, forcing Ryan to come into the press room and tell the gathered media that sex is not part of his no-no list for the weekend.

lmao

jdaltroy5
10-17-2013, 03:20 PM
So, for Patriots week, Rex Ryan sits his team down and tells them not to have sex with their wives.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sex-rex-ryan-tells-jets-hands-wives-pats-clash-article-1.1487727

lmao
He said they couldn't have sex with their wife right?

I guess Cromartie is in the clear.

TigerJ
10-18-2013, 09:42 PM

-BillWell, I wouldn't talk smack, not that I'm so inclined anyway, but I'm not above enjoying the circus Rex Ryan has fashioned in the Meadowlands.

stuckincincy
10-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Well, I wouldn't talk smack, not that I'm so inclined anyway, but I'm not above enjoying the circus Rex Ryan has fashioned in the Meadowlands.

Quite so. If celebrities don't shake the tree time to time, well, they cease to be celebrities. NFL agents are from the same mold as show biz agents. Ryan has an image to sell.

pmoon6
10-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Ryan has an image to sell.Maybe he can be the next spokesman for Jenny Craig (Unless he had his stomach banded) or maybe make foot fetishes a mainstream sexual perversion and organize the first "Foot Pride Parade".

IlluminatusUIUC
01-16-2014, 11:43 AM
And they give Sexy Rexy a multi-year extension

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10303937/rex-ryan-coach-new-york-jets-reaches-agreement-contract-extension

SpikedLemonade
01-16-2014, 12:04 PM
He deserves it.

Many here laughed before the season started at the Jets yet they ended up 8-8 and we ended up 6-10 and in last place.

DesertFox24
01-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Rex Ryan earned the extension and is now a great coach in my opinion. I had my doubts about him the first couple of years but to go 8-8 with that team is a downright miracle.

better days
01-16-2014, 12:30 PM
He deserves it.

Many here laughed before the season started at the Jets yet they ended up 8-8 and we ended up 6-10 and in last place.

I agree Rex deserves the extension.

But didn't you predict the Bills would go 2-14?

Marrone & the Bills exceeded your expectations as well.

pmoon6
01-16-2014, 12:53 PM
He deserves it.

Many here laughed before the season started at the Jets yet they ended up 8-8 and we ended up 6-10 and in last place.Yeah, we lost by 7 in their house and then kicked the **** out of them in ours.

We definitely suck compared to the Jets. In fact, why don't you pick them as your team.

trapezeus
01-16-2014, 01:02 PM
we beat them because geno was throwing pop ups in the outfield. mild level of competency at the QB position would have made that a closer game. bills played well enough to win in a closer game, but it wouldn't have been quite the route that we saw. the bills didn't dominate them. they got some momentum killing INTs and the throws were close. they were ugly.

i don't even know the last time i saw the bills dominate a team in all three aspects of a game. probably the 2002 bills patriots game.

or more fairly the bills KC season openner 3 years ago.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-16-2014, 01:08 PM
He deserves it.

He's a great coach, and cleaning up the Jets train wreck this season played a serious part in that. They were a very strong team this year.

i don't even know the last time i saw the bills dominate a team in all three aspects of a game. probably the 2002 bills patriots game.

or more fairly the bills KC season openner 3 years ago.

The Tebow game.

jdaltroy5
01-16-2014, 01:31 PM
I think finishing off winning 3 out of 4 sealed it for them. Had they finished below .500, I think he would've been canned.

BillsFever21
01-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Yeah, we lost by 7 in their house and then kicked the **** out of them in ours.

We definitely suck compared to the Jets. In fact, why don't you pick them as your team.

And they also won two more games then us with a QB that lead the league in turnovers and probably the worst set of players at the skill position on offense in the NFL. For them to win 8 games this year was a total miracle and a great job by Rex Ryan.

This was just another season of many here laughing at the Jets and predicting them to be a disaster and the worse team in the division or NFL. Probably many of them are the same people who predicted(once again) that this would be the season the Patriots would go into the dumps and miss the playoffs. Instead the Bills firmly held down last place once again.

DynaPaul
01-16-2014, 04:25 PM
He's never going to do **** there until he gets the QB position straightened out. All he has to do is look at us for an example.

The Jokeman
01-16-2014, 05:34 PM
He's never going to do **** there until he gets the QB position straightened out. All he has to do is look at us for an example.
Rex won't do it because he made 2 AFC Championships with a less than stellar QB and he seems to think his "ground and pound" philosophy is good enough. I'll give the Jets credit for being 8-8 last year as their offensive talent was as bad as ours was with the exception of Geno Smith who was far worse than EJ Manuel IMHO. That said I wouldn't be shocked to see Rex get fired after this season if the Jets don't put up a winning record in 2014. As think the extension was only to quiet the media on all the speculation. I mean let's not forget we fired Jauron after one season into an extension too.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-17-2014, 08:22 AM
He's a great coach, and cleaning up the Jets train wreck this season played a serious part in that. They were a very strong team this year.

The Tebow game.

Here's the deal though. He was partially responsible for said train wreck

IlluminatusUIUC
01-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Here's the deal though. He was partially responsible for said train wreck

Oh he was largely responsible for it. But it's been months since I was able to add a comical event to this thread, and that's on Rex. Comedy's loss is New York's gain.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Oh he was largely responsible for it. But it's been months since I was able to add a comical event to this thread, and that's on Rex. Comedy's loss is New York's gain.

SPOKE TOO SOON AGAIN

http://deadspin.com/geno-smith-allegedly-escorted-off-plane-by-lax-cops-1503821554

ets quarterback Geno Smith was apparently escorted away from a Virgin America flight at LAX today by police after what a witness called a "verbal altercation."The photo you see above was sent to us by a reader who witnessed the incident and says the shot came "moments before" Smith was escorted out of the airport by cops. Our tipster wasn't the only person who saw it:

@JimmyTraina (https://twitter.com/JimmyTraina) I don't have video, but I'm at LAX and just saw a Geno Smith fiasco yelling at Virgin America workers. Escorted by cops LOL
— Mark Rue (@markyOso) January 17, 2014 (https://twitter.com/markyOso/statuses/424312020469436416)

BLeonard
01-18-2014, 06:44 PM
2013 Standings:

Jets: 8-8
Bills: 6-10

Yeah, let's keep acting like the Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL...

-Bill

IlluminatusUIUC
01-18-2014, 06:57 PM
2013 Standings:

-Bill

I hope that one day, medical science advances enough that a doctor can remove that stick from your ass. Keep the faith.

stuckincincy
01-18-2014, 07:15 PM
I hope that one day, medical science advances enough that a doctor can remove that stick from your ass. Keep the faith.

??? NYJ has made the playoffs 6 of the last 14 years, vs. BUF at zip for 14.

BLeonard
01-18-2014, 08:55 PM

Maybe they'll also be able to remove your head from yours...

-Bill

Mace
01-18-2014, 09:27 PM
2013 Standings:

-Bill

Didn't really see your thoughts on the year unless I missed a thread and might have B, not intending to argue anything, just wonder what you made of it ?

BLeonard
01-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Didn't really see your thoughts on the year unless I missed a thread and might have B, not intending to argue anything, just wonder what you made of it ?

On the Bills year...? Same old ****, 14 years running now...

When you do the NFL equivalent of spinning your wheels (letting FA's go, like Levitre and Rinehart) then complain about needing to bolster the offensive line, while sitting on around $18 million of cap room, you can't expect the results to change much.

As far as this thread goes, my statement from the first page back in August:

But, apparently, some fans would rather worry about other teams (that consistently do better on the field than the Bills, by the way) than admit that their own team is a certified dumpster fire.

-Bill

BuffaloRedleg
01-19-2014, 04:36 AM
On the Bills year...? Same old ****, 14 years running now...

When you do the NFL equivalent of spinning your wheels (letting FA's go, like Levitre and Rinehart) then complain about needing to bolster the offensive line, while sitting on around $18 million of cap room, you can't expect the results to change much.

As far as this thread goes, my statement from the first page back in August:

But, apparently, some fans would rather worry about other teams (that consistently do better on the field than the Bills, by the way) than admit that their own team is a certified dumpster fire.

-Bill

lol what? I'm pretty sure we can do both. Making fun of the Jets absolutely in no way has anything to do with the outrage of how ****ty the Bills are. I can make fun of the Jets and be mad about the Bills at the exact same moment in my head. It's not hard.

It's ****ing sports man, it's supposed to be fun. It's fun to poke at other teams. Come the hell on man stop being such a baby. Who says you can't throw stones as a Bills fan against a team that is better? It's not my ****ing fault the Bills suck. I was born in Buffalo and they are my team by virtue of that alone. I can throw stones all I want, I don't get paid and I'm not a member of the team.

Let us know how the stick in the butt surgery goes.

pmoon6
01-19-2014, 05:13 AM
lol what? I'm pretty sure we can do both. Making fun of the Jets absolutely in no way has anything to do with the outrage of how ****ty the Bills are. I can make fun of the Jets and be mad about the Bills at the exact same moment in my head. It's not hard.

It's ****ing sports man, it's supposed to be fun. It's fun to poke at other teams. Come the hell on man stop being such a baby. Who says you can't throw stones as a Bills fan against a team that is better? It's not my ****ing fault the Bills suck. I was born in Buffalo and they are my team by virtue of that alone. I can throw stones all I want, I don't get paid and I'm not a member of the team.

Let us know how the stick in the butt surgery goes.Yeah, I'll make fun of the Jets, Dolphins and the Patriots regardless of record. Both the Jets and the Phins had their comedy moments this year.

The Anti-Fans just have a problem seeing it because they have too much mist in their eyes

Want a tissue?.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-25-2014, 10:29 AM
The Mark Sanchez buttfumble jersey goes for auction for $820

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24571765/jets-fan-wins-auction-for-mark-sanchez-butt-fumble-jersey-820

I love that they tried to sneak it past without even mentioning that play:

Game worn jersey of former University of Southern California Trojan and former New York Jets (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NYJ/new-york-jets) quarterback #6 Mark Sanchez from the Thanksgiving Night Game vs. the New England Patriots (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NE/new-england-patriots) on November 22, 2012. Sanchez threw for 301 yards and a touchdown while wearing this jersey. All proceeds from this item will benefit the Alliance for Lupus Research. Their mission is to prevent, treat and cure lupus through medical research.

Damn, if I had known that was up I would have out bid. I'm sure I could re-sell it to some Buffalo bar for twice that just to hang and mock.

ParanoidAndroid
05-25-2014, 01:59 PM
The NYC Bills backers would definitely take you up on that.