• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Gameday Bills vs Lions

Call me crazy but I am excited to see Leinart play. I am not expecting much but I think he can actually earn a spot of this roster.

I didn't see any of his play in Oakland but that brief appearance he had in Houston he looked like he had found a groove. I think his biggest problem has always been arrogance. And he's clearly been humbled.

But long story short Kolb has been awful in every sense of the word. I wouldn't be opposed to Leinart if he can show he has something left in the tank.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Gameday Bills vs Lions

I am with you. I have said that Kolb is Fitz with a little better arm.

Leinart may be better than both of them. If he plays decent tonight, I think the Bills will put Kolb on IR for the year.

Comment

• kishoph
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Call me crazy but I am excited to see Leinart play. I am not expecting much but I think he can actually earn a spot of this roster.

I didn't see any of his play in Oakland but that brief appearance he had in Houston he looked like he had found a groove. I think his biggest problem has always been arrogance. And he's clearly been humbled.

But long story short Kolb has been awful in every sense of the word. I wouldn't be opposed to Leinart if he can show he has something left in the tank.
      I think you're right, he can throw the football, but his head has never been there, he came out of Southern Cal a Heisman trophy winner and thought he was the **** and wanted to be a playboy more than an NFL QB. If his head is on straight, I think he's a much better option than Kolb as the teams #2 QB.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Leinart was a myth at USC. The team was stacked when he was there and their skill made him look a lot better than he was. I am not a fan of Kolb at all and I didn't like the move, but he's still better than Leinart.

And anyway, Leinart only had 3 days to learn the playbook so it isn't even a fair test.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I didn't say this last week before the redskins " NO INJURIES PLEASE"
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            I didn't say this last week before the redskins " NO INJURIES PLEASE"
            Well I won't be at this game and I probably won't even waste my time watching the replay, so hopefully that will keep some of the bad luck away.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Leinart was a myth at USC. The team was stacked when he was there and their skill made him look a lot better than he was. I am not a fan of Kolb at all and I didn't like the move, but he's still better than Leinart.

And anyway, Leinart only had 3 days to learn the playbook so it isn't even a fair test.
              Well, I want to see leadership from Leinart & a good arm in this game, that is about all.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Call me crazy but I am excited to see Leinart play.
                  Me too. I've always thought that he never really got a fair chance at being a starter. Injuries and the Kurt Warner resurgence kinda put him on the back burner.
                  "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

The annual Bills- Lions snoozefest, where our grocery baggers play your retail clerks!
                    Last edited by Historian; 08-29-2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                      The annual Bill Lions snoozefest, where our grocery baggers play your retail clerks!
                      Hey man- at least a few of them are qualified to be mall security guards who moonlight as night club bouncers.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

No mitchmurraydowntown karma?

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

I didn't see any of his play in Oakland but that brief appearance he had in Houston he looked like he had found a groove. I think his biggest problem has always been arrogance. And he's clearly been humbled..
                          His biggest problem is lack of arm strength and getting the ball out too late. He has pretty good size and athleticism, but he can't make power throws into tight windows and takes too long to diagnose the defense and get the ball out. As a result, he tends to check down a lot. He isn't a very good NFL QB.

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

And that's where this becomes interesting.

Kolb is 16-26 61% for 131 yards 0 TD's 1 INT with a QB rating of 59.

It's reasonable to think that in one half tonight not knowing the offense, Leinart could eclipse those numbers. Now there's zero chance he would start against NE, and they're going to run the most basic packages tonight. But if Leinart can do even close to this, with the 3's and 4's out there. How is he not in the discussion to make this roster over Kolb.

Oh and I totally agree with you about Leinart at USC, the program made him look much better than he is. His Oline gave him days, the gameplan was built around Bush. But his receivers from the 04-05 season were hardly elite. Most of them never really made it in the NFL.
                            Last edited by The King; 08-29-2013, 11:13 AM.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

No injuries, kthanks
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X