PDA

View Full Version : Brady must be drooling......

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 06:37 PM
So, the Pats took some hits this off-season. They lost Welker to FA, Hernandez to prison and Gronk to injury (at least for now).

But look who they get to play week one:

One of the worst D's from last season, instituting a new D, with the best CB injured and the star S possibly not starting- and even if he starts/ plays a lot, he missed all of training camp and most of preseason while the new D was being installed.

And then there's the Bills' O- it's a no-huddle offense with either a rookie UDFA or a rookie who has been sidelined with injury in charge, and it's also a new system with only one experienced WR. Translation: If Brady goes 3 and out, there's no reason to take his helmet off because the Bills are likely going to go 3 and out and do it in a damn hurry.

The Pats got ****ed this off-season, but they can't ask for a better warm-up game to start the season. The only thing going against them is that it's on the road. Other than that, it's an ideal situation for breaking in their new faces.

HAMMER
08-29-2013, 06:45 PM
...and then they get the Jets.

OpIv37
08-29-2013, 06:47 PM

Seriously?

Even when things go wrong for them, they still get breaks.

better days
08-29-2013, 06:55 PM

Followed by the Bucs at home.

But then they go to Atlanta & Cinci with the Saints at home next.

I would not be surprised to see them at 3-3 after 6 games.

Mace
08-29-2013, 06:58 PM
The thing is though, Pettine has no shortage of exp against Brady and the Pats D is not overwhelming. It's not real easy to see how it will go at this point though it's easy to think it won't go well.

better days
08-29-2013, 07:01 PM
The thing is though, Pettine has no shortage of exp against Brady and the Pats D is not overwhelming. It's not real easy to see how it will go at this point though it's easy to think it won't go well.

I think it all depends on EJ playing.

I give the Bills a punchers chance with him. Without him it will take a MIRACLE to win.

Mace
08-29-2013, 07:04 PM

I give the Bills a punchers chance with him. Without him it will take a MIRACLE to win.

I might end up looking stupid, but I have a feeling they have a punchers chance in any case. Belichick without tape is always more vulnerable than Belichick with tape, even a half of it.

GreedoII
08-29-2013, 08:28 PM
It will be a totally diff look next Sun. You guys are crying too much. Come off the ledge you dopes. EJ starts and the D has something special in store i'm sure. Enjoy week 1

GingerP
08-29-2013, 08:38 PM

He may have experience, but in the last 4 games against the Jets Brady went 94/141 (67%), 1,232 Yds (8.7 YPA), 9 TD, 1 Int, 114.1 QB Rating. The were 4 - 0 in those games and they scored 145 Pts (36.25 PPG).

That isn't the kind of experience he wants to repeat.

Mace
08-29-2013, 08:52 PM
He may have experience, but in the last 4 games against the Jets Brady went 94/141 (67%), 1,232 Yds (8.7 YPA), 9 TD, 1 Int, 114.1 QB Rating. The were 4 - 0 in those games and they scored 145 Pts (36.25 PPG).

I never said it would end well just pointed out he has experience at it not ending well.

better days
08-29-2013, 09:06 PM

Yeah, well Gronk, Hernandez & Welker played a BIG part in those numbers & they are all not going to play for the Pats* week one.

gebobs
08-30-2013, 02:13 AM
Followed by the Bucs at home.

But then they go to Atlanta & Cinci with the Saints at home next.

I would not be surprised to see them at 3-3 after 6 games.
Sweet...the Bills can't be more than three games back then!

Historian
08-30-2013, 05:55 AM
38-10 Pats

trapezeus
08-30-2013, 09:54 AM
38-10 Pats

halftime or final?

SpikedLemonade
08-30-2013, 10:07 AM
What is the spread for the game right now?

Generalissimus Gibby
08-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Back in 99 or so the Jags put up 62 on Miami, I think the Pats could get a couple more TDs on this ****ty defensive backfield of ours. Our only hope is to get in Brady's face all faulking game and help him to become a good acquaintance with the fieldturf at the Ralph.

GingerP
08-30-2013, 10:28 AM
What is the spread for the game right now?

I think it is NE -10.5, O/U 50

PTI
08-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Maybe they thought Fitz was actually good all the time he was here because our secondary was that bad? Man, can't believe Shaun Hill never got a shot, he is so much better than Fitz.

Thief
08-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Our secondary is by far the biggest concern on the entire team entering week 1. Brady is going to throw 500 yards all to receivers I've never heard of.

better days
08-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Our secondary is by far the biggest concern on the entire team entering week 1. Brady is going to throw 500 yards all to receivers I've never heard of.

well, that will be quite a feat doing that while laying on his back.

OpIv37
08-30-2013, 11:47 AM
well, that will be quite a feat doing that while laying on his back.

Not gonna happen.

The book on Brady is that he gets rattled if he's constantly pressured. It comes up every time we play the Pats. But actually getting to him is easier said than done. If it was so easy to pressure him, they wouldn't be winning the div every single year.

better days
08-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Not gonna happen.

The book on Brady is that he gets rattled if he's constantly pressured. It comes up every time we play the Pats. But actually getting to him is easier said than done. If it was so easy to pressure him, they wouldn't be winning the div every single year.

Yeah, I know you are right, just hopeful wishing on my part.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Not gonna happen.

It's not just pressure that's the key, it's pressure with 4-5 rushers. If you are constantly sending 6 to get him, he'll carve it up. Now, he'll have a harder time of that without Welker and Hernandez, but quick reads and short throws are his thing.

better days
08-30-2013, 12:46 PM
It's not just pressure that's the key, it's pressure with 4-5 rushers. If you are constantly sending 6 to get him, he'll carve it up. Now, he'll have a harder time of that without Welker and Hernandez, but quick reads and short throws are his thing.

Well, like I said before, it has been shown that when Brady is pressured early, he feels pressure later even when it is not really there & that affects his game.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Well, like I said before, it has been shown that when Brady is pressured early, he feels pressure later even when it is not really there & that affects his game.

Shown by whom?

better days
08-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Shown by whom?

The Giants, Ravens & Jets.

trapezeus
08-30-2013, 01:35 PM
it's not just pressure, it's that he needs to be hit and hit legally so that he is just whining. it seems when he's complaining and not getting the calls, he turns on the line and the line just gets fed up with it and they let a guy through just to hit him again.

that being said, what i hate the most is that brady will have a great game and then the press will be like "look at brady doing so much with so little". Meanwhile darth belichick will be sitting there with the hoodie over his disgusting face.

week 1 frustration.

JoeMama
08-30-2013, 01:55 PM
To be fair, Tom Brady would hang 30+ on us even with Byrd and Gilmore.

I don't think Brady cares who's back there. He prepares the same for everyone.

better days
08-30-2013, 01:57 PM
To be fair, Tom Brady would hang 30+ on us even with Byrd and Gilmore.

I don't think Brady cares who's back there. He prepares the same for everyone.

No question about Brady. The question is about his receivers. Can they hang 30+ on us even without Gilmore & Byrd?

JoeMama
08-30-2013, 02:16 PM
No question about Brady. The question is about his receivers. Can they hang 30+ on us even without Gilmore & Byrd?

Their new receivers will be household names by 4pm next Sunday.

Especially in fantasy leagues.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-30-2013, 02:44 PM
The Giants, Ravens & Jets.

The Giants and Ravens were the ones able to get pressure on him from their defensive front with limited blitzing. The Jets were the only ones who got blitz happy and they haven't beaten him in two years.

better days
08-30-2013, 02:49 PM
The Giants and Ravens were the ones able to get pressure on him from their defensive front with limited blitzing. The Jets were the only ones who got blitz happy and they haven't beaten him in two years.

That is because the Jets have sucked the last two years.

They did the same thing when Rex was hired that Miami did this year.

They spent a lot of money on a short term fix & they are still paying for it.

pmoon6
08-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Haha. "Brady is drooling". Ya'll sound like you're drooling. Maybe you can jump on his nutz after the game!!!!

Mr. Pink
08-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Their new receivers will be household names by 4pm next Sunday.

Especially in fantasy leagues.

I don't get how people are stuck on this "Brady is gonna suck now that he lost his WRs" idea...

Wes Welker was a nobody before he went to New England. Deion Branch turned into a nobody after he left New England.

In 2004 he throws for over 4,000 yards with David Givens and David Patten as his main receivers.

They averaged over 27 points per game in '04

In '06 Reche Caldwell was their leading receiver.

better days
08-30-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't get how people are stuck on this "Brady is gonna suck now that he lost his WRs" idea...

Wes Welker was a nobody before he went to New England. Deion Branch turned into a nobody after he left New England.

In 2004 he throws for over 4,000 yards with David Givens and David Patten as his main receivers.

They averaged over 27 points per game in '04

In '06 Reche Caldwell was their leading receiver.

Nobody is saying Brady is going to suck. The question is about the receivers.

Nobody knows how good or bad they will be. They did not look impressive against the Lions, dropped a LOT of balls, left a LOT of points laying there on the field & even gave points to the Lions.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-30-2013, 04:58 PM

Interesting, because of the architects of the Jets is now our DC.

OpIv37
08-30-2013, 05:22 PM

Lmao- and before better days was telling me how better coaching is going to fix the D- Pettine sucks when he's with the Jets but he's gonna single handedly fix the D now that he's with the Bills

Better days has no objectivity.

better days
08-30-2013, 05:23 PM

I never knew Pettine was the Jets former GM.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-30-2013, 05:35 PM
I never knew Pettine was the Jets former GM.

Pettine was the one supposedly responsible for designing those schemes that beat Brady in 2009 and 2010. But when they start losing to the Pats, it's the GM's fault?

Mike
08-30-2013, 05:37 PM

Weren't you predicting a Bills win?

Mike
08-30-2013, 05:41 PM

The Jets could have become something real special had Mark Sanchez panned out. If he was as good as Wilson or Colin K, they probably would have won a SB or at least gone to one, and would be a dominant team right now. They are paying for not hitting on that QB pick

The Popcorn
08-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Back in 99 or so the Jags put up 62 on Miami

That was a playoff game and the last game of Dan Marino's career. Dolphin fans hate hearing that.

better days
08-31-2013, 08:13 AM
The Jets could have become something real special had Mark Sanchez panned out. If he was as good as Wilson or Colin K, they probably would have won a SB or at least gone to one, and would be a dominant team right now. They are paying for not hitting on that QB pick

Well, they could have had something special those two years they made the playoffs, maybe won a Super Bowl, but the last two years would not have been much different.

They might have won a few more games with good play from Sanchez the last two years, but they would still be in cap hell so it would not have been all that special the last two years.

MTBillsFan
08-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Hey, if a team of unknown kids in 1980 can beat the evil soviets, why can't the Bills have a chance against the evil patsies? Just sayin

IlluminatusUIUC
08-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey, if a team of unknown kids in 1980 can beat the evil soviets, why can't the Bills have a chance against the evil patsies? Just sayin

The Pats are more evil than the Soviets.

topher180
08-31-2013, 09:07 PM
It will be a totally diff look next Sun. You guys are crying too much. Come off the ledge you dopes. EJ starts and the D has something special in store i'm sure. Enjoy week 1

The burden of proof is on the team and organization to prove us otherwise friend.

It's not crying, it's bracing for impact. If it works out, we'll slowly emerge from the fetal and rejoice.