• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

I'm glad that's over.

I crave some meaningful angst and significant thrills. Or some significant angst and some meaningful thrills, or just the freedom to get upset or excited over games that matter while I stand with my back to you, or sideways.
  • BuffaloRedleg
    • Aug 2013

Re: I'm glad that's over.

Good thing Tuel didn't start, this team is ready to go for week 1 and if he got injured we'd be in big trouble.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

I'm glad I didn't watch it.

We kicked Indy's ass a few weeks ago, though, which is very important.

Comment

• gebobs
        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
        Good thing Tuel didn't start, this team is ready to go for week 1 and if he got injured we'd be in big trouble.
        Haha...what do you think? 15 point spread?
        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
          Haha...what do you think? 15 point spread?
          I don't know man, you know me I'm a big ****ing homer at heart. I'm really annoyed that Tuel didn't play it gives me a sour taste in my mouth about this regime already. You can't tell me that practice is in any way equal to playing at least a fricken half against another team. And look at WRs, they had absolutely no development today because we didn't have anyone who knew the playbook. And our defense? They couldn't work on **** because they were so smoked because the offense couldn't give them a break.

Whatever man. It's going to be gross. My only source of excitement is that if in the one in a billion chance we win, it will be literally the biggest regular season upset of my entire life. A game I'd talk about until the day I die. That's kind of cool. Go Bills, I'll have my regular first game jitters like I always do and that's always fun.
          Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 08-30-2013, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

The losers are season ticket holders being forced to pay full price for that dreck.

The NFL is nothing but well dress thieves.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• gebobs
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
              I'm really annoyed that Tuel didn't play it gives me a sour taste in my mouth about this regime already.
              My sentiments exactly. This is Marrone doing damage control in Week 1 for crap sake. He's not preparing to win. He's preparing to not have Brady set league records against him.

Give the points and bet the farm.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                The losers are season ticket holders being forced to pay full price for that dreck.

The NFL is nothing but well dress thieves.
                White collar crime

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

they went 2-2 in the preseason and for a second there, the hopes were bright and exciting. So that is an improvement from last year already.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

youve got matt freakin leinart and some borderline fourth stringer as the only other healthy qbs besides tuel. you have no idea whether manuel will be ready to play the opener. why in the world would you put your possible starting qb on the field for the last preseason game at all?
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• gebobs
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                      youve got matt freakin leinart and some borderline fourth stringer as the only other healthy qbs besides tuel. you have no idea whether manuel will be ready to play the opener. why in the world would you put your possible starting qb on the field for the last preseason game at all?
                      Exactly my point. Marrone isn't getting ready to win in Week 1. He's doing damage control. The season hasn't even started and we're already trying to mitigate a disaster.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

huh??

the risk of losing your only prepared qb is much bigger than whatever benefit tuel would get working a couple series in the final preseason game

if ej isnt ready then tuel is literally your last rung on that ladder to disaster. you at least have a chance to execute a gameplan with tuel, if youre forced to use one of the other recent adds youre almost officially conceeding the game

its not being a scaredy cat to be protective of tuels health right now, its smart
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Anyone who wanted to play a starter for even a second yesterday needs to get their head-checked.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                            huh??

the risk of losing your only prepared qb is much bigger than whatever benefit tuel would get working a couple series in the final preseason game

if ej isnt ready then tuel is literally your last rung on that ladder to disaster. you at least have a chance to execute a gameplan with tuel, if youre forced to use one of the other recent adds youre almost officially conceeding the game

its not being a scaredy cat to be protective of tuels health right now, its smart
                            Because Tuel has only thrown a handful of passes in live game action.

They are going to blitz the Christ out of him to start the game and he's going to need a change of pants by the end of the quarter.

The benefit of having Tuel get some more action far outweighs the risk of him being injured.

But like Gebobs said, they are playing to avoid embarrassment against the Pats.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

If we were worried about Tuel being hurt in a half against Detroit's roster bubble players, Wilfork is going to eat him alive.

Also Leinart sucks, he's a waste of a spot. Move Lewis to the #2 spot and teach him to run some of the option stuff so at least we have some wrinkles to the running game if he goes.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X