PDA

View Full Version : Clump's 53 man roster

clumping platelets
08-30-2013, 12:54 AM
QB(4): Manuel, Tuel, T. Lewis, Kolb (inj)
RB(3): Spiller, F. Jackson, Choice
FB(1): Summers
WR(7): S. Johnson, Graham, Woods, Goodwin, Easley, Hogan, B. Smith (inj?)
TE(3): Chandler, L. Smith, Gragg
OL(8): Glenn, C. Brown, Wood, Urbik, Pears, S. Young, D. Snow, Caldwell

DL(7): M. Williams, K. Williams, Dareus, Carrington, Ross, Branch, Bryant
OLB(5): Lawson, Hughes, Moats, Dowtin. Blatnick
ILB(2): Alonso, B. Scott
CB(5): Gilmore (inj), McKelvin, R. Brooks, Butler, Rogers
S(5): Byrd, Searcy, A. Williams, D. Williams, Meeks

K: Hopkins
P: Powell
LS: Sanborn

PS: WR Kaufman, G Chibane, RB Gaskins, OL Sanders, DL Cross, CB Robey, TE Provo, WR Rogers (brought back)

IR - G Legursky

Released: RB Z. Brown, RB D. Smith, QB Leinart, TE Dickerson, OL Welch, DT Troup, DL Gilbert, LB Bradham, LB K. Brown, LB Pough, LB B. Smith, LB Westerman, CB Heath, S Dangerfield

* Snow makes it because of Legursky's injury
* Gragg over Dickerson because he could be claimed
* Bradham gone because of Blatnick and Dowtin
* Extra DB kept because of Gilmore's injury and Byrd's late arrival
* Kolb could be candidate for IR

Scan waiver wire for OL and CB help

T-Long
08-30-2013, 05:11 AM
The thing that caught my eye was the release of Bradham. I can't see a scenario where our starting LB gets cut. I like Dowtin and Blatnik, but not as starters for now.

Everything else looks about right. We all know there is a player or two (at least) that is about to get cut that will be on the 53 man roster by Sunday.

clumping platelets
08-30-2013, 05:14 AM
Gotta have one shocker :whistling

Trade bait? We need OL and CB help

T-Long
08-30-2013, 05:22 AM
Tough to trade a guy who was just busted with weed! haha

And you are right, there is always at least one shocker with the cuts. I hope for the Bills to snag 2 "shockers" from other teams, preferably at the CB/OL positions.

YardRat
08-30-2013, 05:44 AM
I don't see Bradham being cut. B.Smith should be. Rogers may be gone. We do need OL and CB badly.

kishoph
08-30-2013, 05:45 AM
Good job, I think you may be pretty close, except for the Bradham prediction, I can't see him being let go. Also I'm pretty sure that Moats is on the inside this year, so he'll stay as Kiko's back-up.
The one that would bother me, aside from Bradham being let go, is Brad Smith making the final 53, I much rather have Kaufman make it than Smith. The Bills will not be using a wildcat, nor will Smith be used as the emergency QB, there is no way he could be a better return man than Goodwin or even Easley. Even though he has experience, I'd rather have one of the young WR's who look to have potential to be more than the 5th WR. That pretty much leave Smith's only value on the team (IMO) is covering punts and KO's and that can be easily replaced.

better days
08-30-2013, 07:48 AM
I am with those that thinks Bradham stays & Smith goes. Even with the paycut he took, Smith makes too much money for services rendered.

justasportsfan
08-30-2013, 08:42 AM
No way Bradham gets cut.

streetkings01
08-30-2013, 09:24 AM
If we go with Scott as a starting ILB over Bradham then I have no faith on this coaching staff. Scott is a situational player only who's getting older and slower.

Albany,n.y.
08-30-2013, 09:35 AM
If Kolb isn't on IR, someone should be fired. They can't afford a roster spot on a 4th QB who will never play a down for the team. IR him now & be done with him.

better days
08-30-2013, 09:45 AM
If Kolb isn't on IR, someone should be fired. They can't afford a roster spot on a 4th QB who will never play a down for the team. IR him now & be done with him.

John Murphy said yesterday that Kolb was LIKELY to go to IR.

No doubt about that.

GingerP
08-30-2013, 09:53 AM
I like this guy's projection:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/64005/predicting-the-bills-53-man-roster

Thought it interesting he cut down to 51 and left the other spots open for waiver-claims. That makes sense, because I don't think the Bills are very deep at some positions, and why keep a guy who isn't really good enough to be in the league?

justasportsfan
08-30-2013, 10:14 AM
I like this guy's projection:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/64005/predicting-the-bills-53-man-roster

Thought it interesting he cut down to 51 and left the other spots open for waiver-claims. That makes sense, because I don't think the Bills are very deep at some positions, and why keep a guy who isn't really good enough to be in the league?

he thinks Easely is out but from what I've gathered and seen, Easley has had the most chemistry with Tuel out of any other WR plus Brad Smith is injured.

better days
08-30-2013, 10:46 AM
he thinks Easely is out but from what I've gathered and seen, Easley has had the most chemistry with Tuel out of any other WR plus Brad Smith is injured.

I see no reason to keep Smith over Easley.

PTI
08-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Bills should try and trade Stevie Johnson IMO. See if you can someone to overpay for him. At least try.

better days
08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Bills should try and trade Stevie Johnson IMO. See if you can someone to overpay for him. At least try.

I would trade Stevie for a STARTING CB but that is about it.