PDA

View Full Version : Bills trying to trade Bryan Scott?

X-Era
08-30-2013, 05:58 PM
https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/373579446164287488

OpIv37
08-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Really? Like anyone's gonna fall for that? If another team wants him, they'll just sign him when we cut him tomorrow.

Mr. Pink
08-30-2013, 06:01 PM
:rofl:

What are they gonna get for him? A bag of practice tees?

IlluminatusUIUC
08-30-2013, 06:21 PM
:rofl:

What are they gonna get for him? A bag of practice tees?

Maybe someone the other team was planning to cut anyway, ala Sheppard for Hughes and White for Lewis.

X-Era
08-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Maybe someone the other team was planning to cut anyway, ala Sheppard for Hughes and White for Lewis.
Very likely the case. A vet for a vet so to speak. In theory it gives you a chance to get a player who has the option to sign anywhere they want.

Whether it works or not, who knows.

There's no real harm in trying to get something for him.

OpIv37
08-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Very likely the case. A vet for a vet so to speak. In theory it gives you a chance to get a player who has the option to sign anywhere they want.

Whether it works or not, who knows.

There's no real harm in trying to get something for him.
There's no real harm in me spending a dollar on a lottery ticket either. It's gonna net the same results as attempting to trade Scott.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-30-2013, 06:42 PM
There's no real harm in me spending a dollar on a lottery ticket either. It's gonna net the same results as attempting to trade Scott.

What are we spending?

OpIv37
08-30-2013, 06:45 PM
What are we spending?

It's not what we are spending. It's the impossibly low chances of getting results.

psubills62
08-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Bears were reportedly trying to trade WR Earl Bennett too. If only he played CB.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-30-2013, 06:51 PM
It's not what we are spending. It's the impossibly low chances of getting results.

But there's also nothing lost either. It's not like buying a lottery ticket, it's like being handed a lottery ticket for free. Yeah, your chances are low but your investment is zero.

Scumbag College
08-30-2013, 07:06 PM
I think that the Bills can get two starting CBs, S, LB, LG, RT, WR, and QB for him.

Buffalo Billy Bison
08-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Really? Like anyone's gonna fall for that? If another team wants him, they'll just sign him when we cut him tomorrow.

But if some team trades for him they don't have to get in line with the other 30 teams. Who knows cause it only take (1) to be interested in Bryan!

DunkCityFan
08-31-2013, 03:48 AM
Advanced NFL Stats had him as the 31st highest rated LB in the NFL in 2012: http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?pos=LB

A team might trade something just to guarantee he comes to them rather than go elsewhere when cut.

alohabillsfan
08-31-2013, 05:32 AM
Yes, and if we do trade Jim the same people will ***** that we got ripped off or the other player is a bum... This has all played out before

justasportsfan
08-31-2013, 08:02 AM

you have a better chance to win if you buy a lotto ticket than not buying one at at. I seriously think you flunk probability

OpIv37
08-31-2013, 09:36 AM
But if some team trades for him they don't have to get in line with the other 30 teams. Who knows cause it only take (1) to be interested in Bryan!

We are talking about Bryan Scott, not Brian Orakpo. There aren't going to be 30 teams lining up to get him.

The one team that's interested can just sign him when we cut him.

OpIv37
08-31-2013, 09:40 AM
you have a better chance to win if you buy a lotto ticket than not buying one at at. I seriously think you flunk probability

And you have a better chance of dying in a plane crash if you get on a plane.

But I'm not gonna win the lotto and you're not gonna die in a plane crash and the Bills aren't going to find a trading partner for Scott.

The FO is basically saying "let's see if any other FO is dumb enough to take us up on this."

justasportsfan
08-31-2013, 11:54 AM
And you have a better chance of dying in a plane crash if you get on a plane.

But I'm not gonna win the lotto and you're not gonna die in a plane crash and the Bills aren't going to find a trading partner for Scott.

The FO is basically saying "let's see if any other FO is dumb enough to take us up on this."
it doesn't matter .0000100 chance is better than 0.000000000000000000000. Want me to dumb it down further for you?

Doing something is better than doing nothing at all. Typical OP, damned if they do damned if they don't. Perfect example of *****ing just to *****.

Meathead
08-31-2013, 11:57 AM
scott is obviously a talented player that has value in an unlikely but specific situation. the bills got some value out of guys there were going to cut in sheppard and white, theyre just trying to see if they can do the same with scott

stuckincincy
08-31-2013, 12:20 PM
scott is obviously a talented player that has value in an unlikely but specific situation. the bills got some value out of guys there were going to cut in sheppard and white, theyre just trying to see if they can do the same with scott

I think he will get another gig. He's a classic safety/lb "tweener", and remains a decent ball hawk.

You are right - BUF got good value from him in his 6 years with the club:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396077/bryan-scott

NOT THE DUDE...
08-31-2013, 01:00 PM
they might just keep him, but right now im concerned about getting a quality backup guard/center and another veteran corner, mainly winfield

OpIv37
08-31-2013, 05:29 PM
Aaaand.... Scott's cut. Gee, who saw that coming?

IlluminatusUIUC
08-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Aaaand.... Scott's cut. Gee, who saw that coming?

Your worst case scenario came to pass.... and it's exactly the same.

You're like the guy who is holding a weak hand in poker, has every one check to him, and then folds anyway because it's not worth it to see the next card.