X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoolBreeze
    • Feb 2009

Patriots sign Chris White

Nice, they get a full view of the offense 7 days before season opener....
    Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
    Last edited by CoolBreeze; 09-01-2013, 03:40 PM.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Patriots sign Chris White

They didn't need Chris White to kick our ass! That signing guys for a look at the playbook stuff is so overplayed by media and fans.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      They didn't need Chris White to kick our ass! That signing guys for a look at the playbook stuff is so overplayed by media and fans.
      Generally so. But I recall when OT Willie Anderson signed with BAL. Rich Gannon was doing the game, and he commented how it looked like they had the CIN playbook. The CIN players were hot about it after the game.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

The Pats do this **** all of the time...it is also why they win games. They may be more talented, and would likely win anyway, but this is how things get lopsided.

- - - Updated - - -

The Pats do this **** all of the time...it is also why they win games. They may be more talented, and would likely win anyway, but this is how things get lopsided.

Comment

• Homegrown
          Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
          • Jul 2008

Pats have lost 2 games vs. the Bills since 2001...with all due respect, I don't think they need Chris White's "intell"

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
            They aren't called the Cheatriots for nothing. Dirty ****ers.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Two could play this game. We should bring in Dowling. Need a DB anyway.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                Generally so. But I recall when OT Willie Anderson signed with BAL. Rich Gannon was doing the game, and he commented how it looked like they had the CIN playbook. The CIN players were hot about it after the game.
                That's back when NFL playbooks were given a giant thick 3 ring binder that could be photocopied.

NFL playbooks today are given to players on a computer tablet, and the information is probably encrypted, and requires a password to access.

White may know some things about the Bills offense, but I'm sure he spent most of his time trying to learn the Bills new defense.

Apparently he wasn't a very quick learner...so I wouldn't be too worried.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                  That's back when NFL playbooks were given a giant thick 3 ring binder that could be photocopied.

NFL playbooks today are given to players on a computer tablet, and the information is probably encrypted, and requires a password to access.

White may know some things about the Bills offense, but I'm sure he spent most of his time trying to learn the Bills new defense.

Apparently he wasn't a very quick learner...so I wouldn't be too worried.
                  Anderson went to 4 pro bowls, and played for CIN for 12 years. He didn't need a playbook to recognize B'gal formations.

Certainly, White's (brief) memory of the Bills' plays is miniscule compared to Willie's - and he was angry at them for not upping his contract.
                  Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-01-2013, 06:57 PM.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
                    Pats have lost 2 games vs. the Bills since 2001...with all due respect, I don't think they need Chris White's "intell"
                    And one of those wins came when we signed and started their veteran safety Lawyer Milloy.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                      • Feb 2009

I can see it now... White comes down on the kickoff, causes a fumble, They score next play.... White was a real good ST player. That's where his value is. His grasp of the offense may not be that great, due to it being a new offense, but.. he knows the defense after working in it since April. As great is Brady is, White could clue him in on something I'm sure. Maybe not a scheme the defense is showing, but he could update him on personnel that is on the field on the Buffalo defense. Brady doesn't know what Alonso is good at or if Carrington is better than last year. I think that's where White or any players input on their former team is valuable.

Comment

• DunkCityFan
                        • Aug 2013

Okay, anyone in camp for 2 months knows the Offense. Sign Tebow to counteract that and all will be done.

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

I think the Pats wanted him for his ST ability, which is something they value on the bottom of their roster. They gave up some big returns in preseason. I suppose any input he can give them on the Bills from his time there is a bonus, but I doubt it has much of an impact on the game. I don't see it as a reason they claimed the guy. They also claimed 2 from Miami, is that for intel?

What is odd is the Pats had 2 other claims in on players that were awarded to other teams (neither from the Bills). They now have 8 un-drafted players from the past draft in addition to all 7 of their own picks. That is 15 rookies, which probably tells you something about how they felt about the depth on their roster going into this year.
                          Last edited by GingerP; 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• JoeMama
                            Emotion Sickness
                            • Oct 2002

Oh no, a third string LB is going to leak all our closely guarded offensive secrets.

Because if there's one guy I'm worried had too much access to (and mastery of) our offensive playbook, it's Chris White.

Let's just pray to the football gods this guy knows how to keep his mouth shut.
                            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
                              The Pats* sign a player EVERY year that was cut by their opening opponent.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                              Oh no, a third string LB is going to leak all our closely guarded offensive secrets.

Because if there's one guy I'm worried had too much access to (and mastery of) our offensive playbook, it's Chris White.

Let's just pray to the football gods this guy knows how to keep his mouth shut.
                              You are joking right? White will tell the Pats* everything he knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X