09-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Just saw it on Sportscenter.

We can't buy a break.

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm not scared.

Forward_Lateral
09-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Nothing a helmet to the forearm and back won't cure.

OpIv37
09-01-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm not scared.

Yeah why worry? I mean, it's not like the Bills are bad at covering TE's and their star S just skipped preseason and may not even play.....

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm just some schmuck fan. Why should I be worried? I'll go to the game and cheer for the Bills. The cards will fall where they will and it is what it is. Crying about it isn't going to help anything.

more cowbell
09-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Whatever...let him play...go bills

Night Train
09-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Gronk can buy breaks. About 2 bones a year on average.

Night Train
09-01-2013, 05:18 PM
ESPN reporting he will not be activated until game 3.

THRILLHO
09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Why risk him in a game they should easily win?

BillsImpossible
09-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Dude must sprinkle painkillers on his Cheerios every morning.

Skooby
09-01-2013, 07:04 PM

They also reported Tuel is starting.

Mike13
09-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Dude must sprinkle painkillers on his Cheerios every morning.

He's probably been doing that since his fratboy days.

DynaPaul
09-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Awesome, now he can get injured sooner.

better days
09-01-2013, 09:25 PM

We can't buy a break.

Well, we can buy all the HGH we need from the Pats*

Captain Obvious
09-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Interesting that OPIV always assumed Jairus Byrd would be way behind the 8 ball and rusty to start the season but he assumed Gronkowski would step in and not miss a beat

justasportsfan
09-01-2013, 11:07 PM

so why is OPiV's panty all in a bunch? Nevermind.

OpIv37
09-02-2013, 10:13 AM
so why is OPiV's panty all in a bunch? Nevermind.

Because I was in a bar and I saw it with the sound OFF. The scroll on the bottom of the screen didn't say anything about game 3- it just said that he's practicing in full pads. If you've paid any attention to the NFL, Thursday is usually the cut-off for full practice for a Sunday game, and he's a full 5 days ahead of that.

Goobylal
09-02-2013, 10:22 AM
He won't play.

OpIv37
09-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Interesting that OPIV always assumed Jairus Byrd would be way behind the 8 ball and rusty to start the season but he assumed Gronkowski would step in and not miss a beat

Patriots= Same offense

Bills= new defensive system.

World of difference.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Because I was in a bar and I saw it with the sound OFF. The scroll on the bottom of the screen didn't say anything about game 3- it just said that he's practicing in full pads. If you've paid any attention to the NFL, Thursday is usually the cut-off for full practice for a Sunday game, and he's a full 5 days ahead of that.

I see. So you had partial information and went with it.

How very Palin of you.

Goobylal
09-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Patriots= Same offense

Bills= new defensive system.

World of difference.
Same offensive system but with rookies. World of difference.

OpIv37
09-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Same offensive system but with rookies. World of difference.

Bellicheck and Brady have made careers out of getting production from no name WR's.

better days
09-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Bellicheck and Brady have made careers out of getting production from no name WR's.

When is the last time that happened?

They sure did not get any production from guys with names like Ocho Cinco.

OpIv37
09-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Moss and Stallworth weren't no names but they did nothing when they left.

Welker was a gadget play/ST guy before going to NE.

Goobylal
09-02-2013, 01:00 PM

Stallworth did nothing with the Pats. Moss was on his last legs with the Pats, hence the reason they traded him. The last rookie WR to do anything with the Pats was Branch in 2002, and that was 43 catches for 489 yards and 2 TDs.

justasportsfan
09-02-2013, 01:11 PM

so quick to cry that the sky is falling.

Captain Obvious
09-02-2013, 02:07 PM
so quick to cry that the sky is falling.
I think OPIV was hoping Gronkowski would play against the Bills considering he predicted the Pats would beat the Bills by at least 42 points.

GreedoII
09-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Grow up moron..hes not playing. Belichick just doing his usual mind games. Man you are such a dope and I mean that with the utmost respect clowny.

We can't buy a break.

OpIv37
09-02-2013, 05:21 PM
I think OPIV was hoping Gronkowski would play against the Bills considering he predicted the Pats would beat the Bills by at least 42 points.
I didn't predict that- I said it sarcastically.

OpIv37
09-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Grow up moron..hes not playing. Belichick just doing his usual mind games. Man you are such a dope and I mean that with the utmost respect clowny.

The guy practiced in pads and reporters witnessed it. It's not a mind game when it actually happened.

stuckincincy
09-03-2013, 04:49 AM

We can't buy a break.

Heh - Belichick bought one for Gronkowski's forearm last year, keeping him in the game late in the fourth with a fat lead over IND. :D:

better days
09-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Heh - Belichick bought one for Gronkowski's forearm last year, keeping him in the game late in the fourth with a fat lead over IND. :D:

On 4th down no less.

stuckincincy
09-03-2013, 09:54 AM
On 4th down no less.

IIRC, the score at the time was 52 - 24. Game ended up 59 - 24, which was a NE* record. Talk about your pyrrhic victories...

Goobylal
09-03-2013, 10:20 AM
I still have no idea why he put him out there, but I'm glad he did. Shoulda put Hernandez instead. ;)

better days
09-03-2013, 10:28 AM
I saw pictures of Gronk with the pads on.

He does not look like the beast he was, he lost a lot of weight.

And I know a few people that have had back surgery, the back is never the same.

Forward_Lateral
09-03-2013, 11:21 AM

Welker did catch 67 balls in his final season with Miami. I wouldn't call him a gadget play/ST guy, but he definitely became all world with Brady as his QB. Moss had a HOF career before coming to NE. Stallworth didn't do jack with NE. He had at least 3 better seasons with other teams prior to going there.

trapezeus
09-03-2013, 11:38 AM
gronk and brady also have a lot of chemistry together and a few years of performing well...specifically against the bills. There is something to be said when you play a team you just dominate all the time. the confidence is higher. I still don't see the bills as a defense that has a bruising attitude. but perhaps they'll give it to us week 1.

EJ looked good in limited action (though he struggled against the starters in Indy and played 2nd string in Vikings). But he hasn't built anything a regular fan can rely on as chemistry with the WR. Stevie has been hurt most of the TC and came back as EJ went out, and i didn't notice anything overly reliant on one receiver during the limited PS action.

In the end, gronk coming back is a crutch for brady to go to because he trust gronks. EJ coming back is good for overall skill improvement at the QB position, but he's a total unknown in the situation he's coming into.

I truly hope he wows us.

better days
09-03-2013, 06:54 PM
gronk and brady also have a lot of chemistry together and a few years of performing well...specifically against the bills. There is something to be said when you play a team you just dominate all the time. the confidence is higher. I still don't see the bills as a defense that has a bruising attitude. but perhaps they'll give it to us week 1.

EJ looked good in limited action (though he struggled against the starters in Indy and played 2nd string in Vikings). But he hasn't built anything a regular fan can rely on as chemistry with the WR. Stevie has been hurt most of the TC and came back as EJ went out, and i didn't notice anything overly reliant on one receiver during the limited PS action.

In the end, gronk coming back is a crutch for brady to go to because he trust gronks. EJ coming back is good for overall skill improvement at the QB position, but he's a total unknown in the situation he's coming into.

I truly hope he wows us.

There is no way in Hell Gronk plays a down week 1 against the Bills. Even when he does play, nobody knows how well or long his back will hold up. Not to mention his arm.

Night Train
09-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I heard the Pats will honor Hernandez by going Shotgun on offense.