PDA

View Full Version : IMO- Another QB coming to our roster

Skooby
09-01-2013, 07:40 PM
We have an additional QB coming to our roster, a veteran to back up our 2 rookies. This is just my opinion, not currently not founded in fact this moment, until you read about it soon.

lightningbolt444
09-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Why does everyone insist that we need a veteran 3rd stringer. I would rather use the roster spot at another position. What would a washed up veteran bring to this team? Mentor the young guys but never play a snap? Kolb can technically still do that he just cant play or practice so we have no need to take up that 3rd spot.

trapezeus
09-01-2013, 10:23 PM
I agree. If we are rebuilding with two rookies, if they are both hurt, there is no "saving" the season.

jamze132
09-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Please please please let it be Jamarcus Russell!

stuckincincy
09-02-2013, 05:12 AM
We have an additional QB coming to our roster, a veteran to back up our 2 rookies. This is just my opinion, not currently not founded in fact this moment, until you read about it soon.

And I predict the sun will rise today. :shocked::shocked:

Night Train
09-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Now that Lewis was signed to the Practice squad, it will never happen. That makes 3.

CB (1 more) and maybe OG.

PTI
09-03-2013, 08:22 AM
My dad said he heard on the radio they are talking to Skelton and Edwards

DraftBoy
09-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Haven't seen anything like that and it would surprise me with Lewis already on the PS.

stuckincincy
09-03-2013, 10:17 AM

Skelton looked ok in pre-season. Playing with/against 2nd and 3rd string, of course. Josh Johnson got the nod with CIN - much better legs than Skelton, but IMO, less in the passing department. Johnson also had an edge, being a known quantity to their OC.

better days
09-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Skelton looked ok in pre-season. Playing with/against 2nd and 3rd string, of course. Josh Johnson got the nod with CIN - much better legs than Skelton, but IMO, less in the passing department. Johnson also had an edge, being a known quantity to their OC.

As a Bucs fan, I can tell you Josh can't throw the ball more than 10 yds with any kind of accuracy at all.

better days
09-03-2013, 10:22 AM
The roster is set. No new QB's coming to the Bills unless there is another injury..................God forbid.

Forward_Lateral
09-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Why sign a veteran QB just for the sake of having a veteran? Unless they feel there's a vet backup out there that is worth a roster spot, I doubt they are going to sign one. Right now, I don't think there's anyone available that would have any value to Buffalo. Trent Edwards? Really? Skelton? No thanks.

stuckincincy
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
As a Bucs fan, I can tell you Josh can't throw the ball more than 10 yds with any kind of accuracy at all.

Yes indeed - no illusions here - he had just a couple of decent long passes in preseason, and he had a lot of snaps. CIN's like most clubs...if #1 goes down, and if they are are on the short end of the scoreboard, they are in trouble.

Like I said, he does have run capabilities.

feldspar
09-03-2013, 11:54 AM
If the Bills don't put a veteran on the roster, they would be the first team since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970 to carry only rookie quarterbacks on their roster.

That's really no accident.

Meathead
09-03-2013, 12:25 PM
im pretty shocked they still havent added that doddering old vet

youre right, theres a reason teams dont roll into a season with super young qbs, bc they are a liability not only on the field but in the lockerroom, in the meeting, and during social team gathering. theres so much that can go wrong all up and down the team when you dont have that old qb voice somewhere on the team

marrone must feel like hackett can get that job done. if so, id like to go on record right now saying thats a big mistake. they still have time to add somebody in the next couple of days but if they dont i can pretty much assure you they will next week. after the cheaters deliver the massive beating the troops are going to be demoralized, especially the rookie qbs. in will swoop carr/batch/skelton to tell them its gonna be all right, show them how to put their chinstrap on, and walk them through the film carnage

Skooby
09-03-2013, 01:01 PM
marrone must feel like hackett can get that job done. if so, id like to go on record right now saying thats a big mistake. they still have time to add somebody in the next couple of days but if they dont i can pretty much assure you they will next week. You can't field 2 rookie QBs with one just barely coming off knee surgery, it's crazy to even fathom.

John Doe
09-03-2013, 01:17 PM
I would not be surprised if Lewis passed Tuel on the depth chart some time during the season.

Albany,n.y.
09-03-2013, 02:46 PM
They may be waiting until after the season opener so that any veteran they sign isn't guaranteed his salary for the whole season.

better days
09-03-2013, 03:17 PM
You can't field 2 rookie QBs with one just barely coming off knee surgery, it's crazy to even fathom.

And yet this is what the Bills are going to do.

it would do no good to add any available vet QB at this point with only 4 days until opening day.