PDA

View Full Version : HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and The NFL

BillsImpossible
09-01-2013, 07:48 PM
London Fletcher is interviewed in the video linked below.

"There's probably more than 10% of guys using HGH."

"I was being extremely conservative."

Darren Sharper says he thinks at least half of all NFL players (50%) are using HGH.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234866/article/nfl-nflpa-running-out-of-time-on-hgh-agreement

I loved London Fletcher's response because he's always been a classy guy, and a great football player. He's all for HGH testing, and wants the game to be fair and clean. That coming from a man who has started 231 consecutive games at linebacker, (arguably the NFL's most violent position) and has played in every single game since he went undrafted and was picked up by the Rams as a rookie free agent way back in 1998. Guy knows how to take care of his body. I can remember reading an article about him when he was playing for the Bills talking about how he really concentrates on his diet and nutrition to help prepare and heal his body before and after games. That takes brains, hard work, determination, and tremendous discipline to follow a constant daily routine that involves doing things most NFL players don't have mental discipline to accomplish.

I know, somebody's probably going to ask, "What's the difference between taking HGH on a routine basis versus drinking 14 protein shakes loaded with vitamin supplements a day?"

It doesn't take much discipline or hard work to inject HGH into your ass.

Side effects of using HGH?

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/human-growth-hormone-hgh

Possible side effects of HGH use include:

nerve, muscle, or joint pain
swelling due to fluid in the body's tissues (edema)
carpal tunnel syndrome
numbness and tingling of the skin
high cholesterol levels

HGH can also increase the risk of diabetes and contribute to the growth of cancerous tumors.
Furthermore, if you get the drug illicitly, you may not know what you are really getting. Because of the high cost, HGH drugs have been counterfeited.

-------------------

On a related issue, Lance Armstrong cheated to win. He has paid the price with his reputation, and his health. He beat cancer, but there is a very good chance he might have to beat it again. Did his use of HGH have anything to do with him getting advanced testicular cancer? Nobody will ever know for sure, but the whole issue of Human Growth Hormone use in sports is a topic that needs to be talked about more, especially when it comes to the NFL.

coastal
09-01-2013, 07:54 PM
It's an evil business.

BillsImpossible
09-01-2013, 07:59 PM
It's an evil business.

Just like politics.

BillsImpossible
09-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Here is where things get rocky...

The NFL's ratings are through the roof, their audience and overall viewership and popularity continues to climb on an annual basis...will they, "diminish the product," if players are tested for HGH?

Will players not be as good? Will it show on television? Will ratings be hurt as an ultimate result? Will games not be as close and interesting?

I don't buy that, but some people do and can care less about what players are using. People want to be, "entertained." Just like a movie, even though they know it's fake.

Goobylal
09-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Almost all of them are using it.

BillsImpossible
09-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Almost all of them are using it.

I would not be surprised seeing as the NFL STILL has no testing for HGH.

And it is quite easy to find.

www.hghprice.com
www.hghsuppliers.com
www.injectablehghsales.com

Just to list a few.

Goobylal
09-01-2013, 09:36 PM
I would not be surprised seeing as the NFL STILL has no testing for HGH.

And it is quite easy to find.

www.hghprice.com
www.hghsuppliers.com
www.injectablehghsales.com

Just to list a few.
Yep. And the cost, while high for the average person, isn't that much for someone making at least $420K a year.

Beebe's Kid
09-01-2013, 09:55 PM
If you aren't doing something, you probably aren't playing in the NFL. That is the reality of the situation, and people don't like to hear it, but that is the way it is.

pmoon6
09-02-2013, 07:00 AM
I'm not familiar with HgH and never knew anyone that took it, but the line "It doesn't take discipline or hard work to stick a needle in your ass" is just stupid. You think you just use steroids and automatically you gain muscle? No, you still have to work your ass off. The reason the drugs work is they allow you to work harder because they help you recover and help utilize more protein.

The side effects are also overblown. Look at the contraindications on many drugs that even you may be taking. Lots of "could have" symptoms and dangers. It's the Pharma companies covering their ass. You really won't know what long term effects are until studies are done, which is dosage and frequency dependent.

OLDSRIP
09-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Just like politics.

Maybe we should shoot our politicians up with some HGH. From what I see they could use some balls.