PDA

View Full Version : Eric Wood contract details. 4 additional years, 24.5 mill with 9 mill SB

X-Era
09-02-2013, 06:09 PM
For this year his deal is still 2.3 mill but a 5.1 cap hit. But in the following years were looking at 5.4-ish in cap hit.

Very reasonable in my opinion.

"Updating a previous item, the Bills signed C Eric Wood to a four-year, $25.4 million extension through the 2017 season.

The deal includes a $9 million signing bonus. Wood's new deal averages $5.45 million annually, which slots him in as the fifth-highest paid center just ahead of the Giants' David Baas. The former first-round pick graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 11 center last season. He'll make $2.3 million in 2013. Aug 31 - 5:19 PM"

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5305/eric-wood

jimmifli
09-02-2013, 06:19 PM
But he's not the 5th best center in the league! What a greedy jerk!

Mr Bills
09-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Draft 3 very good players in 09. Manage to only extend the cheapest and most injury prone out of the trio. Classic OBD.

I wonder when Wood will suffer a season ending injury this year.

X-Era
09-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Draft 3 very good players in 09. Manage to only extend the cheapest and most injury prone out of the trio. Classic OBD.

I wonder when Wood will suffer a season ending injury this year.Wow.

Re-sign your own?

GvilleBills
09-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Not a bad contract for the leader of the OL and a team captain. Time to stay healthy Eric!

Beebe's Kid
09-02-2013, 07:46 PM
I agree that this was the worst of the three to re-sign from 09, and that is a deal if he actually stays on the field and produces at anywhere near the level that some seem to think he does. If he doesn't, it was a terrible waste of money, and we'll be paying a part time guy full time money. I guess now is the time to hope that he starts performing and we can stop hoping that the knee gets better. He played quite a bit last season, but it seemed that the knee was still a problem. I guess that doesn't matter when you have cool hair, which is about all it takes to get the fans to fall in love with you.

jdaltroy5
09-02-2013, 08:42 PM
That's around what I expected to pay for him and I'm glad they got it done.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Good job to get this done.

I wish they also had signed Levitre or Byrd long term as well, but this deal is nice

Typ0
09-02-2013, 10:48 PM
But he's not the 5th best center in the league! What a greedy jerk!

but all of those guys aren't negotiating new contracts this year either...

X-Era
09-03-2013, 05:43 AM
Good job to get this done.

I wish they also had signed Levitre or Byrd long term as well, but this deal is niceStill think we end up with Byrd signed long term.

DesertFox24
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Still think we end up with Byrd signed long term.

Well at least for this year and next the bills have all the leverage because we can tag him again for less than 9 mil a year. Hopefully he and the bills can come to an agreement and he gets something like 8.25 a year, and more guarenteed than the high annual to make it easier for him to swallow.

trapezeus
09-03-2013, 11:40 AM
good contract based on what we know right now. if he gets injured once or twice for long periods of time, it will be frustrating. i like wood, i think he's very good as a center and making the right calls, but his durability is a question. I understand it's all been freak injuries that have gotten him, but i would love to see him really become an anchor and help the young guys.

jimmifli
09-03-2013, 01:34 PM
but all of those guys aren't negotiating new contracts this year either...
But If he wasn't willing to take less to stay in Buffalo he's a selfish *******, not a "team guy" and we don't need players like him on this team! I'm outraged that we wasted SO much money on a C, how are we going to afford to resign EJ when his contract is done?

SpikedLemonade
09-03-2013, 11:36 PM
But If he wasn't willing to take less to stay in Buffalo he's a selfish *******,

Anyone who has ever left the City of Buffalo is a selfish ****.

BillsFever21
09-04-2013, 04:23 PM
But If he wasn't willing to take less to stay in Buffalo he's a selfish *******, not a "team guy" and we don't need players like him on this team! I'm outraged that we wasted SO much money on a C, how are we going to afford to resign EJ when his contract is done?

Don't forget that we need to save money for extensions for guys like Hairston and Carrington who are players we must keep. At least that's what several people have said.