X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Here is My Prediction How the NE Game Will Go

The Bills, under a new coaching staff, new schemes on both sides of the ball, new leaders on the team, in a sellout home crowd, come in high spirit and fly around knocking people.
    1. The overall speed on this team has been improving under Nix and has taken a big step under Marrone this off season. That is more evident on special team, not only we have world class speed in Goodwin in return, but the overall blocking team in front of him as well. NE special team is middle of the pack. I'm predicting a Bills special team score directly or setting one up - 75% chance.
    2. There is no question even with Gilmore's injury, the Bills defense is still the more talented side. Under Pettine, it's going to be more unpredictable than the past, which should help against a seasoned HOF like Brady, particularly in the 1st game of the season. History shows the only way to beat Brady is pressure from the front 4, not from great coverage by back 4, and the Bills have the raw talent in fromt 4. Pettine should be very familiar with NE offense but this is the first time he comes out of Rex's shadow on his own, so Belichick and Brady will likely see a few surprises from him. On top of that, Brady has almost brand new targets to throw to so there are some time period of adjustments. I'm predicting the Bills will stymie NE offense for at least half the game - 80% chance.
    3. The weakness in NE offense has been their secondary, paricularly against the spread. Gailey and Fitz were able to run multiple WR groupings and most of the time there was a confusion or gross mismatch that Fitz was able to explore quickly. But this is no longer be the case for a rookie EJ and this offense. Marrone and Co. are going to rein EJ in or EJ is going to rein himself in, starting an NFL game the 1st time, seeing things he has never seen before. I predict more running for CJ and EJ than we've ever seen before and the Bills offense will struggle to put points on NE D, which has a very stout in front 7 - 90% chance.

Overall, I'm thinking this game will likely go the way like Gregg Williams' 1st game as Bills' head coach: the 1st half on the strength of the D and special team performance, the Bills may take a lead on the Pats. In the 2nd half, newness of the Bills offense wears off first as the Pats adjust to shut EJ and CJ down. Then Brady gradully figures out our D and gets into sync with his receivers and puts a hurting on our worn down D. The overall score may look very one sided, but the game itself can be tight through the 4th Quarter.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Here is My Prediction How the NE Game Will Go

I think it's going to be lopsided right from the beginning.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• GingerP
      • Aug 2012

I find it interesting that NE has more rookies than anyone in the NFL this year, 14. Over a quarter of their roster is rookies. Granted, a lot of their core players remain, but that number sticks out. It is something you expect from a rebuilding team, not an established one. With youth there are mistakes, and I don't expect to see the NE team that never beats itself. I think they make some mistakes because of that youth, and it is up to Buffalo to capitalize.

Watching them in preseason, I think Brady and their offense will find a way to score. I know all their receivers are new, but their OL is intact and their RB's are strong, so I think matching them physically up front will be key. I think NE is going to mix in the run a lot more.

Basically, the Buffalo offense is the wild card for me. If they can score in the high 20's to match NE, they can win. I don't expect a low-scoring game, but Manuel is the unknown. If he can efficiently move the team like he showed in preseason, then the Bills can win.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        I think it's going to be lopsided right from the beginning.
        I agree. 51-3 bills
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
          Watching them in preseason, I think Brady and their offense will find a way to score. I know all their receivers are new, but their OL is intact and their RB's are strong, so I think matching them physically up front will be key. I think NE is going to mix in the run a lot more.
          I remember the game last year in Buffalo that after the Bills went up by 2TDs, the Pats went to run a lot more and went down the field pretty quickly. In my mind, how Alonso does is a key for this match up because the Bills don't have to give Brady keys to dictate plays to us when we went small or big guessing what he's going to do next. Now that's putting a lof of pressure on a rookie who we truely don't know is a bust or not yet. But we do know that for their college career, Alonso is much better than Shepperd in terms of capability and production.

Here is my thinking: without Gronk and Hernandez, and in addition to expected level of play from Alonzo, the Bills have a better chance of stopping those 8+ yard run from their running backs out of their pass formations. Then the variation of the new attcking D on obvious passing downs put enough pressure on Brady and his new receivers to get on the same page in split seconds for some incompletions.

Eventually though, I think their O-Line and Brady will figure out a way to have more time in the pocket, like they always do against us.
          Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 09-03-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

the first 2 plays the bills should go maximum protect and hit either Goodwin or TJ Graham. Whoever has single coverage. That will open upthe run and the middle field. Then run Spiller and FJ til' they puke. That'll keep Marsha off the field. When they stack the box, we finally have qbs that can throw deep. Tuel actually hit a lot of those deep balls at camp.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
              I remember the game last year in Buffalo that after the Bills went up by 2TDs, the Pats went to run a lot more and went down the field pretty quickly. In my mind, how Alonso does is a key for this match up because the Bills don't have to give Brady keys to dictate plays to us when we went small or big guessing what he's going to do next. Now that's putting a lof of pressure on a rookie who we truely don't know is a bust or not yet. But we do know that for their college career, Alonso is much better than Shepperd in terms of capability and production.

Here is my thinking: without Gronk and Hernandez, and in addition to expected level of play from Alonzo, the Bills have a better chance of stopping those 8+ yard run from their running backs out of their pass formations. Then the variation of the new attcking D on obvious passing downs put enough pressure on Brady and his new receivers to get on the same page in split seconds for some incompletions.

Eventually though, I think their O-Line and Brady will figure out a way to have more time in the pocket, like they always do against us.
              Well, I think you should have said always did against us. I think Brady will have less time to throw than he ever has had against the Bills, from the start until the end of the game.

And in the past, when Brady was under pressure, he had Welker as his pressure relief valve. That is now gone.

I expect this Bills defense to play up to the level we expected them to last year & I expect to see more 3 & outs by the Pats* than we ever have.

If EJ can move the ball down the field & not turn the ball over, I think the Bills have a good chance to win this game.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

48-13 Patriots.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

A lot of 3 and outs, a gassed defense, Marquise Goodwin will provide a spark, and we'll still fall short.

Is that "homer" enough for the people here?
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post

...Overall, I'm thinking this game will likely go the way like Gregg Williams' 1st game as Bills' head coach: the 1st half on the strength of the D and special team performance, the Bills may take a lead on the Pats. In the 2nd half, newness of the Bills offense wears off first as the Pats adjust to shut EJ and CJ down. Then Brady gradully figures out our D and gets into sync with his receivers and puts a hurting on our worn down D. The overall score may look very one sided, but the game itself can be tight through the 4th Quarter.
                    Good analysis - that's a plausible scenario.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

I think we could see a sloppy game early from NE that allows us to stay with them, something like 14-10 (Pats) going into half. I think Buffalo's offense will fail to sustain drives in the game though and the defense will tire in the 2nd half allowing New England to put up some points. In the end 35-13 feels right.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Bills 91 Patriots - -92 (the Refs then use Algebra and make -- a plus and so its Pats 92 Bills 91). Sorry gang, not even Bill Swerski and the Superfans can help us out. I think its going to be Pats 21 Bills 20 or some such.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          I think we could see a sloppy game early from NE that allows us to stay with them, something like 14-10 (Pats) going into half. I think Buffalo's offense will fail to sustain drives in the game though and the defense will tire in the 2nd half allowing New England to put up some points. In the end 35-13 feels right.
                          Well, Pats* 35 Bills 13 may feel right to you, but I would HATE that feeling.

Bills 27 Pats* 21

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

W/o Byrd and Gilmore it's hard to blind myself and say we're a better defense.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Bills win in a romp.

You heard it here first.

Comment

Working...
                              X