PDA

View Full Version : 30 days left until first game/ 32 until home opener

DetDannyWilliams
09-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Buffalo SabresVerified account‏<s>@</s>BuffaloSabres <small class="time">3h (https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/374884341316587521) </small> Hey everyone, how's this look? <s>#</s>ItsThatTimeOfYear (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ItsThatTimeOfYear&src=hash) pic.twitter.com/Ndxgdh2Efk (http://t.co/Ndxgdh2Efk)

OpIv37
09-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I wish I could be more excited about the season but the Sabres look like they will be a steaming pile of dog **** this year.

Bringing back Tallinder isn't going to fix last hear's horrid finish.

Captain Obvious
09-03-2013, 12:09 PM

The Sabres won 8 of there last 12 games to finish the season

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/gamelog.htm?gameType=2&season=20122013&srt=date

YankeeInRaleigh
09-03-2013, 01:08 PM

Yes it is, so shut up! everythingisfineeverythingisfineeverythingisfine

JATMtheJATM
09-03-2013, 05:29 PM
its probably going to be a long season. but trust me. with all the youth, some glimpses of the future will be seen.

rbochan
09-03-2013, 05:34 PM
yawn

OpIv37
09-03-2013, 10:02 PM
The Sabres won 8 of there last 12 games to finish the season

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/gamelog.htm?gameType=2&season=20122013&srt=date

Lmao and the 2011 Bills were 5-1 and the 2012 Pats were 1-2. Bad teams have hot steaks on occasion, and good teams have losing streaks.

Crisis
09-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Team is obviously full re-building for the first time in forever. This year is going to suck but we've also never had an ownership this committed to a rebuild like this.

Golisano and co. went all out to be a bubble team that would turn a profit on scraping into the playoffs every year.

I'd rather take a year or two sacrifice to become perennial contenders than be a perennial 1st round exit/bubble team.

OpIv37
09-04-2013, 09:50 AM
If we are full on rebuilding, why are Miller and Vanek still here when they will just walk for nothing after we tank the season?

Crisis
09-04-2013, 04:33 PM
If we are full on rebuilding, why are Miller and Vanek still here when they will just walk for nothing after we tank the season?

You can use this as a valid criticism when/if they actually do walk for nothing.

JATMtheJATM
09-04-2013, 05:47 PM

if that happens, you and i can share our outrage. till then, trust darcy the best you can that a good enough offer hasnt come in yet. we dont know whats going on, but at this point, theres not much else we can do.

OpIv37
09-04-2013, 06:05 PM
You can use this as a valid criticism when/if they actually do walk for nothing.
What does a rebuilding team need with two guys about to get their last big contract? You said we are rebuilding- rebuilding teams need youth, not guys who have plateaued. And from the other side, at this point in their careers, what use do Vanek and Miller have with a rebuilding team? They're gonna want to go to contenders.

You said you're willing to sacrifice to rebuild properly- that means losing Vanek and Miller.

OpIv37
09-04-2013, 06:08 PM
if that happens, you and i can share our outrage. till then, trust darcy the best you can that a good enough offer hasnt come in yet. we dont know whats going on, but at this point, theres not much else we can do.

I wish I could trust Darcy but his results haven't earned my trust. To be fair, he's been good with trades (a first for Gaustad? I like the guy but a third line C isn't worth a first). But I have to wonder if his past success with trades makes him think he can fleece anyone, and he's holding out for more than he'll ever get.

JATMtheJATM
09-04-2013, 06:32 PM
I wish I could trust Darcy but his results haven't earned my trust. To be fair, he's been good with trades (a first for Gaustad? I like the guy but a third line C isn't worth a first). But I have to wonder if his past success with trades makes him think he can fleece anyone, and he's holding out for more than he'll ever get.

the word i keep hearing is hes offered a first from teams who will pick from 20 and lower. so hes holding out trying to get more. i suspect vanek will be moved at the deadline. miller? hard to say...

Crisis
09-04-2013, 08:13 PM
What does a rebuilding team need with two guys about to get their last big contract? You said we are rebuilding- rebuilding teams need youth, not guys who have plateaued. And from the other side, at this point in their careers, what use do Vanek and Miller have with a rebuilding team? They're gonna want to go to contenders.

You said you're willing to sacrifice to rebuild properly- that means losing Vanek and Miller.

You can't ice a team of complete rookies, it's just not feasible. They're also not going to trade them away for pennies when they have value. If the right deal comes along I'm sure Darcy will take it, which probably means waiting until the deadline to see which contenders think they're a Vanek away from a championship.

This team has PLENTY of youth, but you also don't want to ruin your prospects by rushing them for the sake of having a younger team. Who is going to replace Vanek on the top line right now?

Vanek is also open to seeing how the rebuild goes, maybe he is in the long-term plans of the team? I'm not going to hold my breath on him re-signing, but there's plenty of reasons for Vanek/Miller to be on the roster right now.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Vanek-didn-t-ask-for-a-trade/17157154

“Is a rebuild what I wanted, no, but I’m open to it and I want to see where it leads to first.”

OpIv37
09-04-2013, 08:22 PM
You can't ice a team of complete rookies, it's just not feasible. They're also not going to trade them away for pennies when they have value. If the right deal comes along I'm sure Darcy will take it, which probably means waiting until the deadline to see which contenders think they're a Vanek away from a championship.

This team has PLENTY of youth, but you also don't want to ruin your prospects by rushing them for the sake of having a younger team. Who is going to replace Vanek on the top line right now?

Vanek is also open to seeing how the rebuild goes, maybe he is in the long-term plans of the team? I'm not going to hold my breath on him re-signing, but there's plenty of reasons for Vanek/Miller to be on the roster right now.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Vanek-didn-t-ask-for-a-trade/17157154

“Is a rebuild what I wanted, no, but I’m open to it and I want to see where it leads to first.”

Those statements to the media are just that: statements to the media.

Vanek doesn't want to piss off the fans or the media or his teammates.

But if this team doesn't make the playoffs and win one round- which is highly, highly unlikely- he walks.

IMO Vanek is not a true #1 player, but he's too good to spend his career languishing in a rebuilding franchise. If this team doesn't show him an unreasonable amount of promise this year, he is gone.

SkateZilla
09-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Hodgson is still unsigned with a western team dangling a offersheet over his head....

SabreEleven
09-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Hodgson is still unsigned with a western team dangling a offersheet over his head....

What does "dangling an offersheet over his head" mean?

rbochan
09-05-2013, 04:46 PM
What does "dangling an offersheet over his head" mean?

It means "I have no idea what I'm saying."

DetDannyWilliams
09-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Hodgson is still unsigned with a western team dangling a offersheet over his head.... “I like it here, and we’ll get something done,” Hodgson told The News in First Niagara Center.

“I don’t know how much it’s going to help if I comment on it now,” Hodgson said. “I’m just going to let them do their thing. I’d rather just leave it up to them.”

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2013/09/hodgson-on-lack-of-contract-with-sabres-well-get-something-done.html?ref=bcr#more

SkateZilla
09-05-2013, 09:50 PM
if he leaves it up to his agent, he's Effed.