PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson: No New England Patriot can stop me

justasportsfan
09-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Woohooo, his mouth is at it again.

"I don't think they got nobody that can stop me," Johnson said Monday, according to The Buffalo News. "For real."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237464/article/stevie-johnson-no-new-england-patriot-can-stop-me

Night Train
09-03-2013, 01:43 PM
He'll never split the atom, so football and tweeting is all he's got.

PTI
09-03-2013, 01:49 PM
I bet an unhealthy EJ or a Tuel can stop him.

The King
09-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Ugh. Why give them bulletin board material?

MidnightVoice
09-03-2013, 01:58 PM
I have a feeling he is going to be proven wrong in the not-to-distant future

sukie
09-03-2013, 02:02 PM
stop him from showboating? Stevie just catch the ball and pretend you've done it a couple of times before.

Meathead
09-03-2013, 02:23 PM
stevie will probably go century and have a td or two

and the bills will still lose by twenty

kishoph
09-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Who cares ? Do you think that this will give the Pats extra motivation to win the game, or that they are going to change their gameplan ? If anything, he'll get into their heads. "Bulletin board material" is so over blown. Besides, he's just telling the truth.

The King
09-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Who cares ? Do you think that this will give the Pats extra motivation to win the game, or that they are going to change their gameplan ? If anything, he'll get into their heads. "Bulletin board material" is so over blown. Besides, he's just telling the truth.

You shut your mouth until you've proven yourself as a team. Does it matter if anyone can stop him and we're dominated?

Right now Stevie has only shown the ability to lose games, he's yet to make a big play to win one.

Novacane
09-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Much ado about nothing. If he thought they could stop him I'd be more worried!

HAMMER
09-03-2013, 03:51 PM
This guy is a big mouthed punk, so sick of his bluster. Stay healthy, catch the ball, and shut your mouth for once.

Beebe's Kid
09-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I agree with the King. Stevie has yet to win a game, but had lost a few. The guy never makes that spectacular catch, but often drops one he should have caught.

I get that he puts up good numbers, and that he gets open. His route running is good, and he is a good player to have around, but his mouth, and his actions are a distraction.

If he were on a outer team, many of his supporters would be mocking him. He talks a lot, but the Bills still suck, and haven't sniffed the playoffs is a long, long time.

I hope he does well, and that the new WRs can provide him some quality assistance...the Bills are going to need it...and I hope he establishes a good rapport with EJ, Tuell, Tebow, or whoever ends up being the QB.

He will help himself and the teammates surrounding him by just showing instead of just saying.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-03-2013, 04:19 PM
This guy is a big mouthed punk, so sick of his bluster. Stay healthy, catch the ball, and shut your mouth for once.

yeah , im so sick of our best wr since moulds wanting to be hear, being confident, talking ****, and getting fired up. I got news for you man, football is talking ****, it is in your face, it is physical, and it's rough. IT'S NOT PC BS.......... stop being a pussy!

- - - Updated - - -

IN FACT I LOVE IT

mixxum
09-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Prediction. Stevie has "You can't stop this" written on his shirt under his jersey, and never gets to expose it in the end zone because he was stopped.

The world will never know.

GingerP
09-03-2013, 04:39 PM
It would probably be OK if he didn't go and mention Patrick Chung as one of the guys trying to cover him, and Chung doesn't even play for them anymore. It makes him look like an idiot that hasn't prepared yet. If he had been watching film, he would at least know Chung isn't there anymore.

HAMMER
09-03-2013, 05:24 PM
yeah , im so sick of our best wr since moulds wanting to be hear, being confident, talking ****, and getting fired up. I got news for you man, football is talking ****, it is in your face, it is physical, and it's rough. IT'S NOT PC BS.......... stop being a pussy!

- - - Updated - - -

IN FACT I LOVE IT

I am far from a PC pussy, but I do believe in shutting your mouth and acting like you have been there before. Having class, and respecting your opponent, who for your entire career, with the exception of 1 game, beaten your azz.

It makes him look foolish, you on the other hand don't need anything else to make you look foolish, you do that with every one of your posts. Stevie doesn't get "it", and you will never get it either.

Turf
09-03-2013, 06:12 PM
"I don't think they got nobody that can stop me'' is a double negative. In actuality he's saying "I think they can stop me". Fo real.

better days
09-03-2013, 06:30 PM
I love the bluster. I want players on my team to have confidence in their ability.

Screw all the 2-14 crowd.

better days
09-03-2013, 06:34 PM
It would probably be OK if he didn't go and mention Patrick Chung as one of the guys trying to cover him, and Chung doesn't even play for them anymore. It makes him look like an idiot that hasn't prepared yet. If he had been watching film, he would at least know Chung isn't there anymore.

Watching film of what? The last time the Pats* played a REAL game, Chung was on the team.

I seriously doubt any players watch film of PRESEASON games.

GingerP
09-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Given the guy is going to play a game against them in 5 days, you would think he would want to familiarize himself with the players he is lining up against. You prepare to play the upcoming game and try to familiarize yourself with the tendencies of the players on the other team. How are they on the jam, what techniques do they play? You need to know the tendencies of the opponent, but apparently SJax isn't that big on preparing ahead of time.

He made himself look like a fool with that comment.

OpIv37
09-03-2013, 07:10 PM
More proof that the guy hasn't gotten over his immaturity issues.

casdhf
09-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Anyone actually read the Buffalo News portion? He gives praise to all his fellow WRs ... saying some are even more talented than him. I like the confidence he has in the group.

Mace
09-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm a big fan of confidence but this gave me a bad feeling. Gailey at least settled him down. It made me uncomfortably remember them dunking on the head coach for hyuks, and I sure hope he doesn't go back to his showboating act for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties when they're least needed to make Marrone need to settle him down too.

It disappoints me. I was hoping Marrone would instill a taking-care-of-business approach more in line with the 90's Bills.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Stop the crying about nothing you bunch of pansies.

better days
09-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Given the guy is going to play a game against them in 5 days, you would think he would want to familiarize himself with the players he is lining up against. You prepare to play the upcoming game and try to familiarize yourself with the tendencies of the players on the other team. How are they on the jam, what techniques do they play? You need to know the tendencies of the opponent, but apparently SJax isn't that big on preparing ahead of time.

He made himself look like a fool with that comment.

BS, he only looks like a fool to internet punks that think NFL players look at preseason game film.

How can he familiarize himself with the players he is lining up against on opening day by looking at film of players no longer on the team? Or players on the team that will be on the bench the entire game.

The players Stevie will line up against did not play all that much in preseason. Why would any NFL player waste his time looking at film of preseason games & guys that will be working at McDonalds week one?

better days
09-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Anyone actually read the Buffalo News portion? He gives praise to all his fellow WRs ... saying some are even more talented than him. I like the confidence he has in the group.

He also gave credit to the Pats* defensive players. SO WHAT if one of them is not on the team anymore. It is not Stevie's job to keep track of the Pats* roster until the week of the game.

gr8slayer
09-03-2013, 09:05 PM
I don't know, Talib is a pretty damn good player.

OpIv37
09-03-2013, 09:26 PM

- - - Updated - - -

IN FACT I LOVE IT
Our "best WR since Moulds" puts up numbers, but he has at least two drops that cost us upset wins, plus at least 3 15 yard personal fouls in the last 3 years (and don't give me that "well it's only one a year" BS because if every starter got one a year, that would average to almost 22 penalty yards a game from JUST personal fouls from JUST starters), plus the immaturity he showed here and the immaturity he's shown at least twice on Twitter after he hurt the team.

I don't understand why Bills fans defend this. Why can't he be the "best WR we've had since Moulds" without also hurting the team?

This just shows the desperation that Bills fans have for a true star. You guys are willing to defend any kind of BS as long as a guy puts up numbers, even BS that hurts the team. There is no reason why Stevie can't be a good player WITHOUT the garbage.

better days
09-03-2013, 09:26 PM
I don't know, Talib is a pretty damn good player.

Yeah, he is. But so is Revis. Stevie can go up against Revis Island & make plays, I don't think he is worried about Talib or any other CB.

OpIv37
09-03-2013, 09:30 PM
BS, he only looks like a fool to internet punks that think NFL players look at preseason game film.

How can he familiarize himself with the players he is lining up against on opening day by looking at film of players no longer on the team? Or players on the team that will be on the bench the entire game.

The players Stevie will line up against did not play all that much in preseason. Why would any NFL player waste his time looking at film of preseason games & guys that will be working at McDonalds week one?

Really? What did those guys do last year or the year before? Apparently they just materialized out of thin air when Pats camp started.

Just because they weren't on the Pats last year and they didn't play much in preseason doesn't mean there isn't film on them. It's the 21st century- there is film of literally every snap these guys played, college or pro, preseason or regular season.

better days
09-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Our "best WR since Moulds" puts up numbers, but he has at least two drops that cost us upset wins, plus at least 3 15 yard personal fouls in the last 3 years (and don't give me that "well it's only one a year" BS because if every starter got one a year, that would average to almost 22 penalty yards a game from JUST personal fouls from JUST starters), plus the immaturity he showed here and the immaturity he's shown at least twice on Twitter after he hurt the team.

I don't understand why Bills fans defend this. Why can't he be the "best WR we've had since Moulds" without also hurting the team?

This just shows the desperation that Bills fans have for a true star. You guys are willing to defend any kind of BS as long as a guy puts up numbers, even BS that hurts the team. There is no reason why Stevie can't be a good player WITHOUT the garbage.

22 penalty yds WHOOP DEE DO.

I love the fact Stevie enjoys playing the Game of Football in Buffalo.

I HATE the NO FUN LEAGUE. The NFL is shooting itself in the foot with the STUPID celebration penalties.

IMO, the league should encourage the players to celebrate, but not show them on TV until after the game is over, run a commercial instead.

WIN, WIN. The fans at the game get an experience you can't get on TV & more commercials for the NFL to make money on.

better days
09-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Really? What did those guys do last year or the year before? Apparently they just materialized out of thin air when Pats camp started.

Just because they weren't on the Pats last year and they didn't play much in preseason doesn't mean there isn't film on them. It's the 21st century- there is film of literally every snap these guys played, college or pro, preseason or regular season.

WHAT are you talking about?

Of course there is film from last year.

This was about Stevie thinking Chung was still a Pat* when Chung signed with the Eagles this offseason.

Some posters think Stevie should be up to date on the Pats* roster by looking at PRESEASON game film which no NFL player does.

OpIv37
09-03-2013, 09:57 PM
22 penalty yds WHOOP DEE DO.

I love the fact Stevie enjoys playing the Game of Football in Buffalo.

I HATE the NO FUN LEAGUE. The NFL is shooting itself in the foot with the STUPID celebration penalties.

IMO, the league should encourage the players to celebrate, but not show them on TV until after the game is over, run a commercial instead.

WIN, WIN. The fans at the game get an experience you can't get on TV & more commercials for the NFL to make money on.

I agree the NFL goes too far, but the reality is that the NFL punishes the celebrations and Stevie knew it. You're changing the issue from Stevie's actions to the rules.

And it's not just 22 penalty yards-it's 22 additional yards because of players being stupid or selfish.

OpIv37
09-03-2013, 09:59 PM
WHAT are you talking about?

Of course there is film from last year.

This was about Stevie thinking Chung was still a Pat* when Chung signed with the Eagles this offseason.

Some posters think Stevie should be up to date on the Pats* roster by looking at PRESEASON game film which no NFL player does.
Its quite simple- he should be looking at game film of the Pats current corners regardless of where they played last year.

better days
09-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Its quite simple- he should be looking at game film of the Pats current corners regardless of where they played last year.

You still don't get it. The point was Stevie was criticized for not looking at preseason game film to determine Patrick Chung is no longer a Pat*

Never mind that NFL players do not look at preseason game film because there is nothing to be gained from doing so.

OpIv37
09-03-2013, 10:10 PM
You still don't get it. The point was Stevie was criticized for not looking at preseason game film to determine Patrick Chung is no longer a Pat*

Never mind that NFL players do not look at preseason game film because there is nothing to be gained from doing so.

You are missing the point.

Stevie should be looking at game film of the CB's HE WILL BE PLAYING AGAINST. It's his responsibility to know the guys he is playing against regardless if they were on the Pats last year- he should get game film of wherever they played. If he doesn't even know the names of the cb's on the Pats, it's highly unlikely he was watching films of the guys he will actually play.

And aside from being unprepared, he's still saying he's better without even knowing who's on the team.

better days
09-03-2013, 10:12 PM
I agree the NFL goes too far, but the reality is that the NFL punishes the celebrations and Stevie knew it. You're changing the issue from Stevie's actions to the rules.

And it's not just 22 penalty yards-it's 22 additional yards because of players being stupid or selfish.

Well, What about my idea about celebrations? Do you like it or not?

- - - Updated - - -

You are missing the point.

Stevie should be looking at game film of the CB's HE WILL BE PLAYING AGAINST. It's his responsibility to know the guys he is playing against regardless if they were on the Pats last year- he should get game film of wherever they played. If he doesn't even know the names of the cb's on the Pats, it's highly unlikely he was watching films of the guys he will actually play.

And aside from being unprepared, he's still saying he's better without even knowing who's on the team.

You must be drunk or on drugs tonight Op.

The Jokeman
09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Ugh. Why give them bulletin board material?
Cuz let em focus on Stevie and maybe someone like TJ Graham will beat them. I mean Donald Jones wracked up some impressive games (by his standards) against NE last year.

Jeff1220
09-03-2013, 10:35 PM
I like Stevie. He seems like a good dude.

The Jokeman
09-03-2013, 10:50 PM
I like Stevie. He seems like a good dude.

He is a good guy. Sure he plays up a little for the spotlight but all and all I think he's great role model and while I don't think athletes have to be it's nice to see someone like him enjoy it and share it with the fans. As I'll admit I was ready to write him off as just a guy after his first two seasons but his last three he has shown he can play in this league and at a pretty good level and seems to really care about the fans. If he keeps being as successful on the field he has been over the last few years it wouldn't shock me to see his name on the Wall of Fame.

imbondz
09-03-2013, 11:10 PM
I like Stevie's attitude, think he's a cool guy. But any other team I'd be fine with him saying this.

- - - Updated - - -

unless we win, then it's great he said it

HAMMER
09-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Win first, earn the right to talk.

Mouldsie
09-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Stevie is saying what this whole team should be thinking.

better days
09-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Win first, earn the right to talk.

Stevie has earned that right, he has played well against Revis the BEST CB in the NFL.

pmoon6
09-04-2013, 09:21 AM
HaHaHa. If anyone ever watched "Bill Belichick - A Football Life" you would know how he approaches games and his general philosophy. One of his tenets is "Avoid outside distractions", which this is of course.

Considering how they have dominated us since Stevie has been here and way before I'm sure he just gave the Patriots a chuckle. Besides if a pro player needs this kind of **** to get up for a game, they shouldn't be playing.

justasportsfan
09-04-2013, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with what he said if he were an elite wr. He isn't.

Also he's working with a new qb and hasn't proven to have the same chemistry he had with Fitz.

Mace
09-04-2013, 10:12 AM
I decided to look into this in depth by examining Johnson's stats against every opponent, discovering a lot of numbers assigned to various categories reflecting his performance.

I then found myself dismayed because I had no point to make in using them in this thread, which made me feel better though because looking at all those numbers and planning how to use them stressed me anyway.

I tell everyone one thing though, I researched this, believe you me.

In case anyone is interested : Link (http://bit.ly/4kb77v)

trapezeus
09-04-2013, 10:36 AM
it's a new season...its the same old losing bills roster from last year with a couple changes. shout out that it'll be different, and if it is, excellent. if not, more work to be done.

pmoon6
09-04-2013, 10:54 AM
You can't expect a new coaching staff and rookie QB to come in and turn it around in such a short time. I think the Bills have been poor for so long because of changing everything every 3 years. I know NFL stands for "Not For Long" unless you start winning almost immediately, but it doesn't work. It doesn't work many other places either.

So, we have to bite the bullet another year and hope for the future. I just want us to be competitive which we were not last year because Gailey lost the team. One of the few times I really wanted a HC to be fired. I think the only other times were Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough.

OpIv37
09-04-2013, 10:58 AM
it's a new season...its the same old losing bills roster from last year with a couple changes. shout out that it'll be different, and if it is, excellent. if not, more work to be done.

There's always more work to be done- hence the perpetual rebuilding cycle. This team constantly whiffs on draft picks, and when they actually don't, they let the guys walk after their rookie contracts. In terms of FA, it's a joke- they are either bit players or they spend big money on someone who doesn't pan out. Either way, they rarely improve the the team through FA either.

Then we fire the coach every 3 years and the GM every 5 years to start over again. I keep hoping that it will change, but at this point, there is no real reason to expect that it will.

Thief
09-04-2013, 11:22 AM

He made himself look like a fool with that comment. I see your point. Now who the hell is SJax?

HAMMER
09-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Stevie has earned that right, he has played well against Revis the BEST CB in the NFL.

Please man, your man crush is getting a little creepy. Now you are turning to his performances against Revis? How many times have we beaten them since he has been here?

justasportsfan
09-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Here's the difference between one team that owns the other through the last 13 years.

Bellicheat: They have great players like Kelsay, are well coached by Jauron , their midget trainer is a genius ,blah,blah,blah....

Stevie: They can't stop me.

TedMock
09-04-2013, 04:18 PM
I think Stevie is a goof sometimes, but I really do not see the big deal at all. If you actually read the unbelievably brief piece there really isn't anything to give two poops about. He makes the "they can't stop me" comment that 95% of the league makes and nobody ever pays attention to. I won't defend him as I think a lot of it is stupid, but I don't hate it enough to get angry over either. He does follow with this direct quote: "They're athletic," Johnson said. "I give a lot of credit to the New England Patriots. I haven't played against Aqib Talib yet. I've checked him out on tape, long, athletic, try to play with vision. They play as one unit." That would indicate film study, no? Of course, the Patrick Chung comment is a big blooper. Does that off-set him knowing Talib is there? Could he have mis-spoken? Could he have confused Arrington as Chung somehow now that Arrington is wearing 25? I have no idea. Just throwing things out there. Also, why does Arrington keep changing his number? 24, 27, 25. Weird.

better days
09-04-2013, 05:40 PM
HaHaHa. If anyone ever watched "Bill Belichick - A Football Life" you would know how he approaches games and his general philosophy. One of his tenets is "Avoid outside distractions", which this is of course.

Considering how they have dominated us since Stevie has been here and way before I'm sure he just gave the Patriots a chuckle. Besides if a pro player needs this kind of **** to get up for a game, they shouldn't be playing.

Yeah, the Pats* are very good at avoiding outside distractions.

So what if their Starting TE is a murdering thug

or the starting CB is in violation of his parole & about to go to court.

No distractions here.

pmoon6
09-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah, the Pats* are very good at avoiding outside distractions.

So what if their Starting TE is a murdering thug

or the starting CB is in violation of his parole & about to go to court.

No distractions here.Your distinguishing between philosophy and the real world.

Philosophy is the ideal.

The real world is trying to achieve the theoretical.

better days
09-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Your distinguishing between philosophy and the real world.

Philosophy is the ideal.

The real world is trying to achieve the theoretical.

Hey, I'm just being a REALIST.