• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Robert Woods: Key to Bills season?

naturally ej is the epicenter of bills nation when it comes to the key for the season. kiko alonso is getting all kinds of focus as hopes flourish that the team finally found that three down mlb theyve coveted for so long. even udfa tuel has been square in the spotlight for his surprising preseason performances and temporary presence as the penciled in starter against marcia cheatsalot

quite frankly im more interested in robert wood's performance

all ive heard all offseason is how polished the guy is, handles himself like hes a seasoned veteran. well if thats really the case on the field then stevie and cj and whoever is playing qb is going to be absolutely loving life

if woods can quickly establish himself as that legitimate reliable possession guy with some big play speed like hes supposed to be, that will force more attention from the defense especially the safeties. it usually looked like the defense only had to protect part of the field last year bc there was nobody to tilt the field away from stevie and spiller. superfast guys dont get that done either bc long balls are lower percentage - you need the guy whos gonna make you bleed spurts at a time with 6-8-10 yard gains right in front of your face over and over again. and with the safety forced to shade one way (stevie) or the other (woods) more often, that will leave more space for draws and screens for spiller to expolit

robert woods: key to bills season? quite maybe definitely possible
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Robert Woods: Key to Bills season?

CJ Spiller. The great running game is a rookie qb's best friend.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-03-2013, 02:56 PM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
      • Sep 2010

I agree with just, CJ forces defenses to worry about him at all times he is on he field, taking some of the focus off of EJ hopefully allowing him to just throw the football.
      Originally posted by OpIv37
      You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

I think the propensity to argue has forced some to miss the point...Meat didn't discount CJ, EJ, SJ, or a BJ...he simply made a pretty well articulated, albeit poorly punctuated, case for why Woods could be a major contributor to the Bills this season.

I think we can all agree that CJ will be a major part of the offense. Unless your name is Chan, that is pretty obvious. The void of proper nouns position taken by Meat was simply a matter of who EJ would throw the ball to. If Woods is anything like what he is being sold as, he will be a new fan favorite for reasons other than laying claim to a good coif, which is of the utmost importance in Buffalo, but production, as it was described by. Mr. Head will be more welcomed by the fans than if this team brought back Will Wolford.

Comment

• mixxum
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
          naturally ej is the epicenter of bills nation when it comes to the key for the season. kiko alonso is getting all kinds of focus as hopes flourish that the team finally found that three down mlb theyve coveted for so long. even udfa tuel has been square in the spotlight for his surprising preseason performances and temporary presence as the penciled in starter against marcia cheatsalot

quite frankly im more interested in robert wood's performance

all ive heard all offseason is how polished the guy is, handles himself like hes a seasoned veteran. well if thats really the case on the field then stevie and cj and whoever is playing qb is going to be absolutely loving life

if woods can quickly establish himself as that legitimate reliable possession guy with some big play speed like hes supposed to be, that will force more attention from the defense especially the safeties. it usually looked like the defense only had to protect part of the field last year bc there was nobody to tilt the field away from stevie and spiller. superfast guys dont get that done either bc long balls are lower percentage - you need the guy whos gonna make you bleed spurts at a time with 6-8-10 yard gains right in front of your face over and over again. and with the safety forced to shade one way (stevie) or the other (woods) more often, that will leave more space for draws and screens for spiller to expolit

robert woods: key to bills season? quite maybe definitely possible
          no

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
            • Jan 2010

the bills have solid talent, ej is the key

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

The Bills have not been short on possession receivers. Woods needs to be more if he's going to be the key to our season.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
                I think the propensity to argue has forced some to miss the point...Meat didn't discount CJ, EJ, SJ, or a BJ...he simply made a pretty well articulated, albeit poorly punctuated, case for why Woods could be a major contributor to the Bills this season.

I think we can all agree that CJ will be a major part of the offense. Unless your name is Chan, that is pretty obvious. The void of proper nouns position taken by Meat was simply a matter of who EJ would throw the ball to. If Woods is anything like what he is being sold as, he will be a new fan favorite for reasons other than laying claim to a good coif, which is of the utmost importance in Buffalo, but production, as it was described by. Mr. Head will be more welcomed by the fans than if this team brought back Will Wolford.
                Meats point was that Woods was the KEY to the Bills season.

As Justa pointed out, in actuality Spiller is the KEY to the Bills season. He will not only be running the ball, but I expect him to have his fair number of catches as well.

Comment

• Meathead
                  • Jul 2002

yeah you got me. im saying that robert wood is so good he will eclipse spiller in pure playmaking ability. im saying stevie will be left learning how to run routes from wood. ej will simply have to lob the ball anywhere on the legal playing surface and wood will still make the catch. we cant count on those guys for nuthin but wood will always be there to make the play just like jesus. in fact, by the end of the season wood will make teddy bruschi look like charles manson impregnated with jeffrey dahmers baby

man how could i be so STUPID!

yeah no makes perfect sense

Comment

• Meathead
                    • Jul 2002

no duh of course spiller and johnson will do their thang. im just pointing out that if the bills have any shot at becoming dynamic enough to chase a wc spot it could easily come down to if they finally got a wr2 that scares anybody

i mean cmon, who has been in the wr2 spot since before johnson was joker? a big fat tub of nobody thats who. to be a big time playmaking offense you almost have to have a good wr2 threat. either that or you have a high end TE, which really is the same thing

in fact, wood will actually be able to levitate above the ground and by week twelve the league will have to pass a new rule that you cant levitate no really thats what im saying

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

Quarterback league period! Brady and manning (Peyton) have done it with all types of receivers. The QB makes the receiver not the other way around.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                        The Bills have not been short on possession receivers. Woods needs to be more if he's going to be the key to our season.
                        i feel like hte bills have been short on big play WRs. When is the last time you've seen a guy break one for a long gain on a fairly regular basis? a lot of it has been on bad qbs, but the YAC have been missing over the years. hopefully with real 1-2 WR situation and a decent running game, a good qb will routinely be able to his woods or SJ regularly.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                          no duh of course spiller and johnson will do their thang. im just pointing out that if the bills have any shot at becoming dynamic enough to chase a wc spot it could easily come down to if they finally got a wr2 that scares anybody

i mean cmon, who has been in the wr2 spot since before johnson was joker? a big fat tub of nobody thats who. to be a big time playmaking offense you almost have to have a good wr2 threat. either that or you have a high end TE, which really is the same thing

in fact, wood will actually be able to levitate above the ground and by week twelve the league will have to pass a new rule that you cant levitate no really thats what im saying
                          Fine. Then I will have to go for a deep threat in either Easley/TJ or Goodwin. A deep ball threat is a running games best friend
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

I'm counting on him as well.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Meathead
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
                              Quarterback league period! Brady and manning (Peyton) have done it with all types of receivers. The QB makes the receiver not the other way around.
                              this is actually quite true. theyve made the game so qb centric that all you really need is a great qb and the rest of the team almost doesnt matter

but on teams without that great qb you need balance along the rest of the roster. on offense, a legitimate threat opposite your wr1 (or super TE) is what opens everything up in the passing game. even a great rb isnt enough cough minnesota cough, you need two legit receiving threats, something to force the safeties to make constant choices which way to shade

hopefully woods is finally that guy

Comment

Working...
                              X