PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin fan here (I come to wish you guys luck!)

Miami_Vice
09-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I am definitely rooting for you guys against the Pats this week (and of course when you play the Jets). Thats cool that your rookie (EJ) is starting . I think he'll be a handfull to stop. Anyways best of luck week one !

ryven
09-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Thank you and good luck to your team as well, At least until our teams play then squish the fish.

Yasgur's Farm
09-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Bling!?

OpIv37
09-04-2013, 07:57 PM
The only good thing about Miami is Cuban food.

That being said, good initial post. Opposing fans who want to talk football and not talk **** do pretty well on this board.

BertSquirtgum
09-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I am definitely rooting for you guys against the Pats this week (and of course when you play the Jets). Thats cool that your rookie (EJ) is starting . I think he'll be a handfull to stop. Anyways best of luck week one !

I wish your Dolphins the worst luck.

but I do hate them the least of out of three.

justasportsfan
09-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I am definitely rooting for you guys against the Pats this week (and of course when you play the Jets). Thats cool that your rookie (EJ) is starting . I think he'll be a handfull to stop. Anyways best of luck week one !thanks. Hope the fins don't score a single point

The King
09-04-2013, 08:51 PM
:welcome:

gebobs
09-04-2013, 08:52 PM
One of my best buds here in Athens GA is a Fins fan. We commiserate.

He still thinks I'm Canadian.

Miami_Vice
09-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah I dont wish you guys luck against my Fins BUT vs the Pats/Jets? Without question!
I hope you guys kick the **** out of Brady. Seriously that guy needs to eff off and retire already.

CoolBreeze
09-06-2013, 06:22 PM
I wish your Dolphins the worst luck.

but I do hate them the least of out of three.

I can get down with that., because I hate the Dolphins, but not as much as I hate the Jets. And I really hate the Jets but not nearly as much as I hate the Patriots!

JoeMama
09-06-2013, 06:29 PM
I still dislike the Dolphins more than any other NFL team.

I spent 5 of my formative years as a Bills fan in Miami. Old habits die hard.

OpIv37
09-06-2013, 07:18 PM
I still dislike the Dolphins more than any other NFL team.

I spent 5 of my formative years as a Bills fan in Miami. Old habits die hard.

I used to think the same way when it was Kelly vs Marino.

But then the Pats got the Michigan Metrosexual and New Jersey B got the Dirty Sanchez from USC. At least Marino was respectable.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-06-2013, 07:33 PM

But then the Pats got the Michigan Metrosexual and New Jersey B got the Dirty Sanchez from USC. At least Marino was respectable.

I was age 9 thru 12 during our super bowl years and I never truly hated the dolphins because we were too busy kicking the **** out of them during that time. For people old enough to be around in the 70s and early 80s I truly understand. As for me, there is nothing more evil and disgusting than the new england patriots and their dips@@@ bandwagon fans.

JoeMama
09-06-2013, 07:37 PM

My dad taught me to hate the Dolphins with all my heart.

Like an Orwell novel, I had to undergo two minutes hate staring at a Dolphins logo in silence every morning.

Meathead
09-06-2013, 07:40 PM
The only good thing about Miami is Cuban food.

one word: joes stone crab (http://www.joesstonecrab.com/yourdoor/package.html?pid=alacarte&action=order&viewprices=1)

(yikes look at them prices)

OpIv37
09-06-2013, 07:45 PM
one word: joes stone crab (http://www.joesstonecrab.com/yourdoor/package.html?pid=alacarte&action=order&viewprices=1)

(yikes look at them prices)

I completely missed your point on this. I live in Baltimore- there is no shortage of good crab. There are a couple of decent Cuban places, but nothing like Miami.

OpIv37
09-06-2013, 07:48 PM
My dad taught me to hate the Dolphins with all my heart.

Like an Orwell novel, I had to undergo two minutes hate staring at a Dolphins logo in silence every morning.

Ah- my dad's from Philly. He adopted the Bills when we moved to Rochester in '80 so he never had that old skool Fish hate.

JoeMama
09-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Ah- my dad's from Philly. He adopted the Bills when we moved to Rochester in '80 so he never had that old skool Fish hate.

The poison kiss of Buffalo sports is powerful.

My dad foreswore his allegiance to the 49ers in 1979 (I think that's the year they drafted Montana?) when he met my mom, who was from Buffalo.

He missed out on 5 championships and traded it all away for 4 straight superbowl losses and the most embarrassing stretch of playoff-less football in modern history.

The things we do for love...

kishoph
09-06-2013, 11:43 PM

Welcome.
Good luck to your Dolphins also, when they play the Pats and Jets, otherwise I hope they lose, but only because they are an AFC east rival. I started watching football around 1970, so the Dolphins easily became the 1st team that I really hated, I continued to hate them through the Marino years, until Super Bowls XXVII and XXVIII when the Cowboys became my most hated team. Since then it's been the Pats followed by the Jets. I see the Bills and Dolphins pretty much the same this last decade, unable to win, because the lack of a quality QB. The Dolphins may have found their man in Ryan Tannehill, hopefully the Bills have found theirs in EJ Manuel.