PDA

View Full Version : Trade proposal help

ELAYAS
09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
So, another owner has Brees and Romo. Romo is on the Trading Block. He's looking for RB ou WR help.

What is Romo value (fyi, he drafted him in the fourth, after taking Brees in the first)? I mean, what would be a fair offer, looking at my roster?
Also, what would be a fair offer for Romo+Texans?

Below are his and mine depth charts:

QB: Brees, Romo
RB: Fred Jackson, D.Murray, J.Stewart
WR: Avery, Britt, Colston, D.Moore, Moss
TE: Dickson
K: Hartley, Tucker
DEF: Browns, Texans

QB: Ponder
RB: Spiller, MJD, Ryan Mathews, Joique Bell, Christine Michael
WR: Garcon, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Chris Givens, Kenbrell Thompkins
TE: Graham, Sudfeld
K: Vinatieri
DEF: Bucs

The King
09-04-2013, 08:53 PM
What other QBs are available? I wouldn't give up much for Romo.

ELAYAS
09-04-2013, 09:10 PM
What other QBs are available? I wouldn't give up much for Romo.

It's a 16 team league, and evereybody and their mothers drafted two QB's. The exception being two guys and myself who picked only one and some genius who took THREE quarter-******-backs.

Waiver options are: Flynn, Geno, Gabbert, Sanchez

The Jokeman
09-04-2013, 10:55 PM
It's a 16 team league, and evereybody and their mothers drafted two QB's. The exception being two guys and myself who picked only one and some genius who took THREE quarter-******-backs.

Waiver options are: Flynn, Geno, Gabbert, Sanchez

I'm partial to Romo as won with him last year and have him again this year. I'd start low like a guy like Sudfield or Michael Floyd but the most would give up is Ryan Matthews.

The King
09-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Ok then you're a bit hogtied. I would lead with Floyd for a one on one deal and if you must have HOU, go with Matthews for Romo and HOU, he has no RB's so he's going to want a back.

ELAYAS
09-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Ok, so he countered with Floyd+Garcon for Romo.
Right now, I wonder if his line of thinking is that since he drafted Romo in the fourth, that's what he thinks TRis worth.
He took the Texans in the 5th.
Garcon was my fourth, Floyd my 9th.

Looks like a long shot that I might take Romo+Texans from him without offering the moon.

Nonetheless, I would appreciate you guys' opinions on whether a trade of Romo+Texans for Floyd+Garcon would be remotely "fair" for both parties in the eyes of veteran FF players (we have all sorts of players, and most of them don't draft conventionally, as you could see by this example). I think WRs are still a dime a dozen, even in a 16-team league, but don't know how much they are worth. So:
Would that be a "fair" trade in a "normal" league?
Do you think it' a "fair" trade in our legaue (a QB starved one)?

It's my third season playing FF, and I'm still trying to get to know the ropes of it (with you guys' help, evidently).

clumping platelets
09-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Romo + Texans D >>>> Floyd + Garcon

You win that deal.......

Did you try Matthews for Romo?

ELAYAS
09-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Romo + Texans D >>>> Floyd + Garcon

You win that deal.......

Did you try Matthews for Romo?

Not yet.
If it's that better, I might have to throw Sudfeld in the mix, or maybe go with Mathews+something.

ELAYAS
09-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Also, does his proposal "makes sense" from a value standpoint: Floyd+Garcon for Romo?

The King
09-06-2013, 09:01 AM
I would not include Garcon in the deal. He's the only thing you have at WR.

ELAYAS
09-06-2013, 09:56 AM
I would not include Garcon in the deal. He's the only thing you have at WR.Agreed. I think Garcon can be very good this year.I just proposed Givens+Floyd for Romo.If he accepts, I'm picking a sleeper receiver on waivers to bolster my WR corps.I'll update his response here.

The Jokeman
09-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Agreed. I think Garcon can be very good this year.I just proposed Givens+Floyd for Romo.If he accepts, I'm picking a sleeper receiver on waivers to bolster my WR corps.I'll update his response here.

I'm shocked he didn't try to get a RB from you!

ELAYAS
09-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm shocked he didn't try to get a RB from you!

Yeah, I think he values each position differently than I (and probably everyone who played FF at least once) do...

He just rejected all offers so far. Gonna wait after week 1 now. With some luck, Ponder doesn't screw up too bad and some of my backups do well enough to become trade bait.