• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Sources: Byrd, agent trying to orchestrate trade

Per The Buffalo News...

The objective of Jairus Byrd and his agent is to engineer a trade from the Buffalo Bills by the NFL trade deadline, two league sources told The News.

The negotiating position is hardly a surprise, given the impasse in contract talks between the two sides and the grim demeanor Byrd presented in his initial news conference upon reporting to the team two weeks ago.

Nevertheless, the information – from an executive on another NFL club and another agent who is not employed by Byrd – lends credence to the uncomfortable situation that exists between the Bills and their Pro Bowl safety.

The NFL trade deadline is Oct. 29, after the eighth week of the regular season. Just how uncomfortable Byrd’s relationship with the Bills will get and how much interest Byrd will stimulate on the trade market figure to be persistent issues over the next two months.

A team interested in Byrd would have to want to both give him a big new contract and give the Bills an acceptable offer, surely a draft pick, in return. One factor that might work in Byrd’s favor is injuries. A team that loses a safety early in the year might be more inclined to pitch for Byrd.

...more...

• Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Re: Sources: Byrd, agent trying to orchestrate trade

He's hurt and wants a trade, he shoulda just taken the money.
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

If Parker can find a team willing to pay Byrd & give the Bills a first rnd pick then I am fine with a trade.

For anything less than a first, I would be opposed to a trade. If Byrd is the best Safety in the NFL today or even a top 5 safety, then he is worth a first rnd pick & no less than that.

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

Get bent, Byrd.

I'd do it for a 3rd just to get this loser out of here, as long as it's not to the AFC East.

Byrd.

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

I love this team. There's nothing like letting the few draft picks they get right go when their rookie deals are up... while we re-sign busts like Leodis.
          Last edited by Crisis; 09-05-2013, 01:17 AM.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

I don't even blame him. If I was a player I'd want to get as far from this loser franchise as possible.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

We're in opening week and the excuses for the 5-11 season are already there, the homers are swallowing them whole, and everything's going to plan. The circle is complete.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller View Post
                He's hurt and wants a trade, he shoulda just taken the money.
                hes not hurt man... hes using normal football soreness to get out of town

- - - Updated - - -

just hope we get a 2nd and later rd pick

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
                  hes not hurt man... hes using normal football soreness to get out of town

- - - Updated - - -

just hope we get a 2nd and later rd pick
                  And whatever scrub we put back there to replace him is the next Ronnie Lott right?

The funny part is that if that would actually happen he'd be gone in 3 years anyways because the organization would low ball him out of town.
                  Last edited by Crisis; 09-05-2013, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Alex Carringtons' contract is up after this year and guess who his agent is.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      Alex Carringtons' contract is up after this year and guess who his agent is.
                      Alex Carrington isn't a top 5 DE in this league. He's more like top 30.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

I don't understand the bitterness on this. Byrd is a very good player. But he's one player. There's no control over him wanting to be gone. The Bills franchised the guy which is part of the CBA. He's still getting paid a lot of money this year. He's now got a chronic issue with his foot.

So, a guy with a foot problem, who isn't happy here, thinks he's worth more than he is, and wants to be traded won't accept our offer to pay him 7+ mill per year? OK.

Grant his wish and re-invest the money and the new draft pick or player into the team.

If you're bitter because we have to deal with it at all I'd say players may have Eugene Parker as there agent, and we will have players who want to leave some times. Kind of life in the NFL. I don't see it as all the Bills fault or all Byrd's. But sometimes the two sides just don't agree. It's a player we may lose. It happens. And if we get something in return that's better than nothing.

But we again aren't resigning our good young players... Stevie, Wood, Kyle
                        But we again aren't willing to pay or even overpay to sign players... Mario
                        But we are getting worse by this loss... Maybe, you'd have to see what we get in return
                        Last edited by X-Era; 09-05-2013, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

I trust Byrd as far as I can throw Mikey.

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

This has become a colossal cluster.

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

He plays a game for a living. His ego has cost him millions, his agent has cost him more. At this point I am all set with Byrd. He wants to be paid as the best safety, whatever. He's not leading this team right now and we already have a ton of cash tied up in a player who doesn't want to lead.

He's setting a ridiculous example for the young players on this team, ship him out for fair compensation or let him sit and "heal". But do not cave to Parker.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X