PDA

View Full Version : Plantar fasciitis

Skooby
09-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Plantar fasciitis (say "PLAN-ter fash-ee-EYE-tus") is the most common cause of heel pain. The plantar fascia is the flat band of tissue (ligament) that connects your heel bone to your toes. It supports the arch of your foot. If you strain your plantar fascia, it gets weak, swollen, and irritated (inflamed). Then your heel or the bottom of your foot hurts when you stand or walk.
Plantar fasciitis is common in middle-aged people. It also occurs in younger people who are on their feet a lot, like athletes or soldiers. It can happen in one foot or both feet. http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/plantar-fasciitis-topic-overview

- - - Updated - - -

This is Herpes for athletes, showing up at the worst times when you're trying to date.

GreedoII
09-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I have actually had it for you years. Not much you can do exceot rest and stretching, but an Athlete has more means to counter it. He can play with it...

The King
09-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Is it painful? Of course.
If anyone of us were offered 500,000 to run on it with intense pressure for an hour would we do it? Of course.

Night Train
09-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Save the 500K. Just offer me Kate Upton so I can release my intense pressure

Forward_Lateral
09-05-2013, 08:46 AM
You can tape it/wear a brace/etc. They days of plantar faciitis keeping a player off the field should be over, IMO.

The King
09-05-2013, 09:08 AM
I have played with worse for no money, just for the love of the game.

jdaltroy5
09-05-2013, 09:14 AM
I had a friend play in our flag football co-ed beer league with it.

If he wanted to be playing, he would be.

kishoph
09-05-2013, 09:27 AM
The funny thing about Plantar fasciitis is that in a contract year it causes no pain, but in a year where you don't get what you want, it becomes debilitating to the point where you can't play. To pull this trade **** a few days before the opening game is a cancer to the team, get rid of his ass ASAP.

Skooby
09-05-2013, 09:35 AM
The funny thing about Plantar fasciitis is that in a contract year it causes no pain, but in a year where you don't get what you want, it becomes debilitating to the point where you can't play. To pull this trade **** a few days before the opening game is a cancer to the team, get rid of his ass ASAP.
It's malicious & spiteful, exactly what we don't need in the locker room.

TigerJ
09-05-2013, 10:58 AM
I had it at two different times, once in each foot. As far as Byrd is concerned, I think the fact that it coincided with the whole contract impasse and Byrd signing his tender had drawn our negative attention. What I don't understand is the timing. Wasn't Byrd treating it aggressively while he was sitting at home? If not, why not? Reports are that he was dealing with this at the end of last season. Plantar fasciitis does respond to treatment. In my case, the difference in duration between not treating it and treating it was 3 years versus 3 months.

Skooby
09-05-2013, 12:03 PM
I had it at two different times, once in each foot. As far as Byrd is concerned, I think the fact that it coincided with the whole contract impasse and Byrd signing his tender had drawn our negative attention. What I don't understand is the timing. Wasn't Byrd treating it aggressively while he was sitting at home? If not, why not? Reports are that he was dealing with this at the end of last season. Plantar fasciitis does respond to treatment. In my case, the difference in duration between not treating it and treating it was 3 years versus 3 months. Can you play FS ?

TigerJ
09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
At 61 I've lost a step or two.

Typ0
09-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I used to have it and got treatment. I think it's still there to come back but for the most part I'm in good shape now. It's the most annoying and painful thing you can think of really. The thing that sucks the most is you can't just get off your feet to alleviate the pain like you would think. When I had this it really gave me consciousness of how our feet are always playing a role in our posture. I would have given anything to sit down and get some relief.

As far as performing through the pain ... well you have to stretch it out. Things get better if you focus on it and stretch it out. Unfortunately you pay a price the next day. I spent well over a year getting up 20 minutes early because it took me that amount of time just to get out of bed and up on my feet. I had to wake and was in so much pain when I did...then I had to start stretching it before I dared hit the floor...I learned that lesson by crippling over in pain.

In order to beat it I had to break the cycle of inflammation with a series of cortizone shots and stretching exercises. I also had to alter my shoes with better support. Walking on bare feet is actually the worse thing you can do for your feet ... which is something many do at least around the house and a lot of damage is done there. I am careful now because I don't want this pain back. I have no idea how someone running on concrete could cope with the impact I really don't ...

Skooby
09-05-2013, 10:21 PM
At 61 I've lost a step or two.

So you & Leonhard could both buy bulk senior discount coffee for the team, delightful.

JoeMama
09-05-2013, 10:47 PM
I have played with worse for no money, just for the love of the game.

This isn't a flag football league that you play with your friends.

The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business where money is divided between ownership and their employees based on a certain percentage.

Just because you'll line up against some guy named Darryl who part times at an Ace Hardware in a punt, pass, and kick competition for free doesn't mean NFL players should play for free. They'd be crazy not to demand more money as profits go up.

clumping platelets
09-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Save the 500K. Just offer me Kate Upton so I can release my intense pressure

( . Y . )

DynaPaul
09-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Not to mention he has the best in the business available to treat it. He's making a big deal out of it because he doesn't want to play and that only screws him in the end because he'll have less statistical significance of which to base his next contract on.

Meathead
09-07-2013, 10:04 PM
not even joking i just realized i probably have it bc i get super sharp pains on the bottom of my left foot when i go barefoot in the house

now i want to be paid like the top poster on this site. paying me like im the third top poster isnt good enough, that would be disrespectful

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2013, 04:49 AM
There is a difference between pain and injury. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if it's pain and not an actually debilitating injury he can blow me. The Army ruined my knees and back but it's not injury, it's just pain. You grow a set and move past it.