PDA

View Full Version : Incarceratedbob - Bills talking with Philly to trade Byrd

Skooby
09-05-2013, 09:15 AM
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Eagles and Bills have discussed a trade that would send Jarius Byrd to Philly for picks.. Talks heating up #IBN
https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob

JoeMama
09-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Makes sense. Byrd played for Chip Kelly at Oregon.

Philly has shown in the past they're happy to snake our disgruntled employees.

T-Long
09-05-2013, 09:20 AM
First Peters, and now Byrd. Unreal

don137
09-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Nothing less than a first rounder.

Novacane
09-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Byrd is starting to sound like a crybaby who's going to be a little ***** cause he didn't get his way. I'm ok with trading him if they get a 1rst.

DBrown77
09-05-2013, 09:37 AM
i'll take a 2nd and a 3rd for a disgrunted player with Plantar Doucheitis

Mindbender
09-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Ease up guys it's incarceratedbob. C'mon now.

The King
09-05-2013, 09:49 AM
i'll take a 2nd and a 3rd for a disgrunted player with Plantar Doucheitis

Ditto. Not that his injury is real. But a 2nd and 3rd should get it done.

better days
09-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Ditto. Not that his injury is real. But a 2nd and 3rd should get it done.

I would be happy with a 2nd & 3rd as well.

ServoBillieves
09-05-2013, 10:19 AM
At this point just get rid of him.

Disgusted with such a whiny little *****.

Bill Cody
09-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Makes sense. Byrd played for Chip Kelly at Oregon.

Philly has shown in the past they're happy to snake our disgruntled employees.

Works for me if it's true. Sounds like something made up though. "I know a rumor I can start that will get traction...."

better days
09-05-2013, 10:39 AM

This is what Parker & Byrd want.

They want Bills fans to just be happy to be rid of him.

Well, not me. If Byrd wants to leave, fine but I want FAIR COMPENSATION in return.

Either a #1 or a #2 & #3.

MikeInRoch
09-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Parker and Byrd could care less what the Bills fans want.

Thurmal
09-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Nothing less than a first rounder.
Absolutely. You're getting an All-Pro, turnover machine safety in his prime. That's worth a first anyday.

Our idiot front office will probably trade him for a 3rd though. We traded a top-5 running back for a 4th ****ing rounder two years ago, so I'd expect anything from them.

jdaltroy5
09-05-2013, 11:00 AM

So how did your multi-million dollar contract that was the centre of media attention for an entire summer go?

We're talking about MILLIONS of dollars here. I'm sure most of you guys whine and ***** when you're paid 10k less than what you think you're worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. You're getting an All-Pro, turnover machine safety in his prime. That's worth a first anyday.

Our idiot front office will probably trade him for a 3rd though. We traded a top-5 running back for a 4th ****ing rounder two years ago, so I'd expect anything from them.
It makes the franchise look a lot better when you just make the player disgruntled.

See Lynch and Peters.

The King
09-05-2013, 11:00 AM

3 years ago after an injury and a suspension.

Thurmal
09-05-2013, 11:09 AM
I stand corrected; that being said, it was still an awful trade. Green Bay that year was dying for a RB, I'm pretty sure that could've used Seattle's offer to leverage a better pick.

TigerJ
09-05-2013, 11:10 AM
As for Byrd faking plantar fasciitis, I don't know. He had foot issues last season and speculation is that it was the same thing. His presence on the team seems to be an ongoing distraction, and I think the Bills would be better off without that distraction. I would hope the Bills can get a second and a third out of him, if not a first, but it needs to happen.

jdaltroy5
09-05-2013, 11:12 AM
As for Byrd faking plantar fasciitis, I don't know. He had foot issues last season and speculation is that it was the same thing. His presence on the team seems to be an ongoing distraction, and I think the Bills would be better off without that distraction. I would hope the Bills can get a second and a third out of him, if not a first, but it needs to happen.
I don't think he's faking the injury.

I think it's always been there, he's just a lot less willing to play on it now.

BidsJr
09-05-2013, 11:19 AM

This. He also wasn't a top five RB when we traded him.

ublinkwescore
09-05-2013, 11:24 AM
does philly have any solid corners?

The King
09-05-2013, 11:27 AM
does philly have any solid corners?
They dont have a ton of depth, they're not giving us a corner.

EDS
09-05-2013, 11:30 AM
This conversation is fascinating. On the one hand, people think Byrd is not worth a huge contract and safety is not an important position overall. On the other hand, people want a first round pick in return for Byrd from a team that is getting a rental and can only sign a new deal - which will be big - after the season.

Would be great if it happened but I will be surprised if they get more than a 3rd rounder in return.

trapezeus
09-05-2013, 11:38 AM
the worst part is that the bills need a safety for the first part of the year based on gilmore being out and the trash that backs him up.

thanks buddy for not hitting on any picks with any consistency in rounds 2-7 for the last 3 years. and thanks to the scouting for not finding someone on waivers or free agency.

this does show how short sighted the bills consistently are. its like the sabres with briere and drury. they picked the wrong one to stay and when he left they didn't have anything to offer the other one. Levitre, in context of not keeping byrd is really idiotic. There was no need to extend wood now. it's nice since levitre is gone, but keeping a solid line together would be a nice compromise to losing byrd. but now its becoming clearer that we lost two good players and have no one to take over that spot. instead we'll just ask 2nd and 3rd line players to pick up their game. in the sabres example, they at least were a president cup winning team. here the bills are still the worst team in the east until they prove otherwise. so they are asking really pathetic players to be a little less so.

THRILLHO
09-05-2013, 11:39 AM
When's the last time Incarcerated Bob had a good, true story?

alnilla
09-05-2013, 12:07 PM

Three years ago it was a different front office also.

better days
09-05-2013, 12:10 PM
This conversation is fascinating. On the one hand, people think Byrd is not worth a huge contract and safety is not an important position overall. On the other hand, people want a first round pick in return for Byrd from a team that is getting a rental and can only sign a new deal - which will be big - after the season.

Would be great if it happened but I will be surprised if they get more than a 3rd rounder in return.

Then why trade him? I would keep him & tag him again next year just to make a point.

The Jokeman
09-05-2013, 12:26 PM

Don't forget Spikes and Holcomb too.

Bangarang
09-05-2013, 12:35 PM
When's the last time Incarcerated Bob had a good, true story?

Never. The guy is a proven fraud.

Skooby
09-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Don't forget Spikes and Holcomb too. Kelly was no real loss, so he doesn't count (unlike Spikes).

streetkings01
09-05-2013, 12:54 PM
First Peters, and now Byrd. UnrealYou mean Spike, Holcomb, Peters and now Byrd.

DynaPaul
09-05-2013, 03:43 PM
1st rounder only. The guy is a proven commodity and if we don't get that we just tag him next year. It's time to put the hurt on his agent Parker once and for all.

BertSquirtgum
09-05-2013, 03:50 PM
I would be so happy if this little ***** got traded.

FamousAmos
09-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Welp, I just rethought my entire argument. I think you trade ASAP because if he's butt hurt over the contract negotiations and his play reflects his attitude , then the Bills won't get much of value in a trade compared to now. Now, he's on the record for saying he's not looking for a trade and he's saying he respects his teammates and wants to only focus on football, so he's probably speaking out of both sides of his mouth. You have to look at the big picture and decide if he's an option for being on this roster long term. Sure doesn't seem like it. So he has to get moved either way. Do it now when his value is at its highest. Don't wait, an injury could happen or his play may diminish.

BertSquirtgum
09-05-2013, 03:53 PM

Soooo, you're saying they care?

BillsFever21
09-05-2013, 04:06 PM

It's called normal delusional thinking you see by the Bills apologist. The same people who say he isn't worth top safety money, isn't a top safety or that safety isn't an important position demands that we receive a 1st round draft pick or nothing at all. He's either a top safety or he isn't. Most of them people would be praising the extension had we came to an agreement with him.

If he isn't a top safety that can't even be extended at this point then good luck getting a 1st round pick out of him now. Had it been before the deadline where a team could've negotiated a contract with him then we may have received a 1st round draft pick or a 2nd at the worse. That's assuming the Bills didn't cave like they did with the Lynch trade. Now that the deadline has passed the team loses any guarantee of signing him long-term and we would be lucky to get a 3rd round pick unless we made it a conditional pick depending on whether the trading partner re-signed him after this season.

His highest trade value was before the negotiation period ended and the Bills were inept in handling it. They should've clearly known by how the negotiations were going if they had a good chance to re-sign him. Instead they sat on their hands and did nothing at all. We may have been able to find a contender willing to give up a 1st round draft pick to get a top safety for this season and beyond. At the very least we could've received a 2nd round draft pick. They botched it again like they usually do.

EDS
09-05-2013, 04:15 PM
It's called normal delusional thinking you see by the Bills apologist. The same people who say he isn't worth top safety money, isn't a top safety or that safety isn't an important position demands that we receive a 1st round draft pick or nothing at all. He's either a top safety or he isn't. Most of them people would be praising the extension had we came to an agreement with him.

If he isn't a top safety that can't even be extended at this point then good luck getting a 1st round pick out of him now. Had it been before the deadline where a team could've negotiated a contract with him then we may have received a 1st round draft pick or a 2nd at the worse. That's assuming the Bills didn't cave like they did with the Lynch trade. Now that the deadline has passed the team loses any guarantee of signing him long-term and we would be lucky to get a 3rd round pick unless we made it a conditional pick depending on whether the trading partner re-signed him after this season.

His highest trade value was before the negotiation period ended and the Bills were inept in handling it. They should've clearly known by how the negotiations were going if they had a good chance to re-sign him. Instead they sat on their hands and did nothing at all. We may have been able to find a contender willing to give up a 1st round draft pick to get a top safety for this season and beyond. At the very least we could've received a 2nd round draft pick. They botched it again like they usually do.

As I recall there were legions of Bills Fanboys who opined that it was ok to overpay free agents (e.g. Mario) because it is hard to get them to come to Buffalo. But when it comes to the teams own free agents, overpaying is not an option.

Also Marrone has now come out and said Byrd is a good soldier so seems unlikely a trade is in the works afterall.

better days
09-05-2013, 04:25 PM
As I recall there were legions of Bills Fanboys who opined that it was ok to overpay free agents (e.g. Mario) because it is hard to get them to come to Buffalo. But when it comes to the teams own free agents, overpaying is not an option.

Also Marrone has now come out and said Byrd is a good soldier so seems unlikely a trade is in the works afterall.

As for me, I am all for paying players that want to be in Buffalo.

I heard Byrd on WGR 55 & he said "Who are these sources? I don't want to be a distraction to my teammates."

John Clayton on WGR then said, the Bills just have to say to Byrd "we are going to tag you next year as well, so let's just get a deal worked out."

I think Parker is responsible for these reports & I think the Bills are going to do as Clayton said.

TacklingDummy
09-05-2013, 04:28 PM

Yeah they can have the D-Bags.
I hope Byrd's career follows the same paths as Peters.

jimmifli
09-05-2013, 04:29 PM
As for me, I am all for paying players that want to be in Buffalo.

I heard Byrd on WGR 55 & he said "Who are these sources? I don't want to be a distraction to my teammates."

John Clayton on WGR then said, the Bills just have to say to Byrd "we are going to tag you next year as well, so let's just get a deal worked out."

I think Parker is responsible for these reports & I think the Bills are going to do as Clayton said.
Tagging him again would be foolish. It guarantees he leaves for nothing.

TacklingDummy
09-05-2013, 04:31 PM

LOL "turnover machine"
He had 9 Ints. his 1st year and 9 ints has last 3 years combined.
He's nothing special, just another overrated Bill by Bills fans and by Byrd himself.

PromoTheRobot
09-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Why didn't Parker put together a trade BEFORE the season started? Why wait until now when Byrd is under a franchise tender? Answer: Because Byrd had no takers and Parker can do nothing but stir up crap now. (Because he knows Bills fans are easy to panic.) Bills are still winning.

By the way, when has Inc-Bob been right about anything?

PTR

trapezeus
09-05-2013, 04:57 PM
the bills do have a chance to put the hurt on parker if they tagged him again. at some point, this becomes about byrd feeling angry at parker and hurting his long term value. he could be sitting right now with $30MM guaranteed and then just revis a renegotiation the following year or demand trades and still get paid without risk to injury.

Parker's strategy had him lose out on money, lose out on a trade, lose out on getting paid now. and if the bills don't back down, they make byrd into an injured player who doesn't care about the team and very little playing time for him to show his chops off. So the bills have byrd in a tough situation. byrd's only answer is to play and play well. which means he has to risk injury to get the pay day he wants. something he had already survived the last couple years.

There is a case that parker is the one to blame and not the bills. any other agent might have gotten him financial security for a life time and been willing to go to bat for him again the following year.

Skooby
09-05-2013, 05:04 PM
the bills do have a chance to put the hurt on parker if they tagged him again. at some point, this becomes about byrd feeling angry at parker and hurting his long term value. he could be sitting right now with $30MM guaranteed and then just revis a renegotiation the following year or demand trades and still get paid without risk to injury.

Parker's strategy had him lose out on money, lose out on a trade, lose out on getting paid now. and if the bills don't back down, they make byrd into an injured player who doesn't care about the team and very little playing time for him to show his chops off. So the bills have byrd in a tough situation. byrd's only answer is to play and play well. which means he has to risk injury to get the pay day he wants. something he had already survived the last couple years.

There is a case that parker is the one to blame and not the bills. any other agent might have gotten him financial security for a life time and been willing to go to bat for him again the following year.

Byrd has bats in the belfry if he thinks he's getting #1 money.

jdaltroy5
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Yeah they can have the D-Bags.
I hope Byrd's career follows the same paths as Peters.

He's been an All Pro twice and a three time pro bowler since he's left. He's also widely considered to be the best all around LT in the league.

Meanwhile, we've had 4 different starters at the position before we finally decided to use a high draft pick to replace him.

We sure showed him!

Thurmal
09-05-2013, 05:22 PM
LOL "turnover machine"
He's nothing special, just another overrated Bill by Bills fans and by Byrd himself.
I like how you conveniently left out all of his forced fumbles and fumble recoveries, also turnovers.

I'll agree with you that he is overrated, but I am tired of seeing the Bills trade good homegrown players for cents on the dollar.

SpikedLemonade
09-05-2013, 05:32 PM
He's been an All Pro twice and a three time pro bowler since he's left. He's also widely considered to be the best all around LT in the league.

Meanwhile, we've had 4 different starters at the position before we finally decided to use a high draft pick to replace him.

We sure showed him!

Only a first rate successful well run team like the Bills can stand up to these player agents and reverse the tide on behalf of all of NFL teams.

We are leaders in keeping money in our owner's pocket.

jdaltroy5
09-05-2013, 05:33 PM
LOL "turnover machine"
He has 28 turnovers in his first four years.

To put that in perspective, Ed Reed had 26 and Troy Polamalu had 14 in their first four years.

jdaltroy5
09-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Only a first rate successful well run team like the Bills can stand up to these player agents and reverse the tide on behalf of all of NFL teams.

We are leaders in keeping money in our owner's pocket.

The idea of a successful draft pick for the Buffalo Bills is the ability to get a draft pick out of him after his inevitable hold out.

TacklingDummy
09-05-2013, 06:01 PM
He has 28 turnovers in his first four years.

To put that in perspective, Ed Reed had 26 and Troy Polamalu had 14 in their first four years.
Byrd couldn't hold thier jocks.

TacklingDummy
09-05-2013, 06:03 PM
When I think of Elite Safeties names like Lott, Reed, Troy come to mind. Byrd is not even a thought, IMO.

jdaltroy5
09-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Byrd couldn't hold thier jocks.
Then why does he have more turnovers than they did at that point in their careers?

Not bad for someone who is "nothing special" and "overrated."

Mace
09-05-2013, 06:53 PM
He revealed today he has the condition in both feet.

No one is going to trade for him. His risk factor just went up huge.

Either he received bad advice or isn't too smart, he should have either taken top 5 money early with escalators for performance if he's all that, or he should have signed the tender early, if the foot issues aren't minor to overcome them by the start of the season and increase his value. If they're major, he just ruined himself by not taking the top 5 money he'll never see again.

Buffalogic
09-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Doesn't take much for you haters to turn on a player does it? Stop being so emotional. And TD your comments about Byrd are just ******ed.

Mace
09-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Doesn't take much for you haters to turn on a player does it? Stop being so emotional. And TD your comments about Byrd are just ******ed.

I'm not a hater though, Wagon, I actually like Byrd. The unemotional problem is that he has Plantar Fasciitis in both feet, turned down top 5 money, and is grumping, missing time, and wants to leave now. It honestly looks to me like the Bills, knowing of the condition, were probably generous in offering top 5 money since he's already proving (on purpose or not) it will impact him.

jdaltroy5
09-05-2013, 07:20 PM
He revealed today he has the condition in both feet.

No one is going to trade for him. His risk factor just went up huge.

Either he received bad advice or isn't too smart, he should have either taken top 5 money early with escalators for performance if he's all that, or he should have signed the tender early, if the foot issues aren't minor to overcome them by the start of the season and increase his value. If they're major, he just ruined himself by not taking the top 5 money he'll never see again.He played the entire season last year with the same condition.

If he wanted to play on it, he could.

He's basically just holding out while still getting paid.

Mace
09-05-2013, 07:22 PM
He played the entire season last year with the same condition.

If he wanted to play on it, he could.

He's basically just holding out while still getting paid.

I hope so, but he's not increasing his value any while he can.

Beebe's Kid
09-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm not a hater though, Wagon, I actually like Byrd. The unemotional problem is that he has Plantar Fasciitis in both feet, turned down top 5 money, and is grumping, missing time, and wants to leave now. It honestly looks to me like the Bills, knowing of the condition, were probably generous in offering top 5 money since he's already proving (on purpose or not) it will impact him.

Are there any sources that are a little more credible than Incarcerated Bob on these allegations? Has Byrd said any of this **** publicly? Did he just get plantar fasciitis?

This is the work of an agent that has an unhappy player, and couldn't get what he wanted from a a team, who also doesn't really know how to work the media in the proper fashion. The Bills are in the driver's seat on this. Just tag the ****ing guy again and either he plays for his money, or he diminishes his value. The chances of the Bills actually starting to turn things around will help Byrd decide that he likes Buffalo.

Players talk about this **** all of the time...you can bet on that. Somebody is going to tell him that this Parker ****ed him pretty good.

As for people bringing up the Lynch trade...I don't know if you were the ones that were screaming about getting this "bum" out of town, but there are plenty that were. We came up on the short end of that trade because people were worried about something that never transpired.

As many people that think working in a front office is easy, you would think that 90% of the informed fans on this board would not be so easily shaken and turn on a player. As it turns out, there are a lot of factors in real life negotiations that don't manifest themselves in your fantasy league, or on Madden. There is a good reason that people that may only appear marginally good at doing that job get paid well to do it. Most of you wouldn't be able to negotiate without getting all emotionally distressed and making snap judgements based on pride and bad rumors.

Byrd can't leave. If he wants that contract, he is going to have to show up in the next two years to get it. He could have had one this off-season...one that we have no confirmation of the actual offer, but there was an offer. What you are seeing is him regretting his decision. Let him think about it....this is how you negotiate. This is how you get a bit of a hometown discount. It has nothing to do with Byrd loving Buffalo, it has to do with his financial security, and getting it sooner, as opposed to risking it later.

Let's put it this way. Would you trade him for Maybin, Dareus, or any of the other first round picks that we haven't done so well on in the last few years? How about Gilmore? Remember, you have to go through the learning curve with another rookie, and even if you hit big, you have this again in a couple years. You need to learn how to introduce these guys into the league and not lose them once they have some experience and knowledge.

The Bills aren't blowing this, and they aren't losing. I know many of you are butt-hurt that Byrd doesn't personally great you at the game, but you don't matter to him like you think you should. His family and his financial security, which is a payback for the years of hard work he has put in to get to where he is do. So, no...Byrd doesn't give a **** what you think of him. He might not even love the city of Buffalo. He has worked his ass off to get to a level that all of the uber fans can only obsess over, and he wants some compensation and to know that it has paid off in what can be conceived of as in a fair manner.

I would take phone calls, and tell any GM that he is going to have to blow my mind with his offer, or else we will just be tagging Byrd again next year. I would also tell them to relay the message to Mr. Parker.

Bills win, Parker loses, and Byrd has some decisions to make. He passed it up once, and we will have to go through this all again.

As for his feet...this isn't new, and it won't stop him from playing. This is a smoke screen, and his agent is giving him bad advice and is misplaying his hand in a catastrophic fashion. My prediction is that Byrd fires him before he signs an extension next year. That might not be how it works out, but that is what I think will happen, and I don't really give a **** if it is not right. Just my interpretation of the situation.

Mace
09-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Are there any sources that are a little more credible than Incarcerated Bob on these allegations? Has Byrd said any of this **** publicly? Did he just get plantar fasciitis?

This is the work of an agent that has an unhappy player, and couldn't get what he wanted from a a team, who also doesn't really know how to work the media in the proper fashion. The Bills are in the driver's seat on this. Just tag the ****ing guy again and either he plays for his money, or he diminishes his value. The chances of the Bills actually starting to turn things around will help Byrd decide that he likes Buffalo.

Players talk about this **** all of the time...you can bet on that. Somebody is going to tell him that this Parker ****ed him pretty good.

As for people bringing up the Lynch trade...I don't know if you were the ones that were screaming about getting this "bum" out of town, but there are plenty that were. We came up on the short end of that trade because people were worried about something that never transpired.

As many people that think working in a front office is easy, you would think that 90% of the informed fans on this board would not be so easily shaken and turn on a player. As it turns out, there are a lot of factors in real life negotiations that don't manifest themselves in your fantasy league, or on Madden. There is a good reason that people that may only appear marginally good at doing that job get paid well to do it. Most of you wouldn't be able to negotiate without getting all emotionally distressed and making snap judgements based on pride and bad rumors.

Byrd can't leave. If he wants that contract, he is going to have to show up in the next two years to get it. He could have had one this off-season...one that we have no confirmation of the actual offer, but there was an offer. What you are seeing is him regretting his decision. Let him think about it....this is how you negotiate. This is how you get a bit of a hometown discount. It has nothing to do with Byrd loving Buffalo, it has to do with his financial security, and getting it sooner, as opposed to risking it later.

Let's put it this way. Would you trade him for Maybin, Dareus, or any of the other first round picks that we haven't done so well on in the last few years? How about Gilmore? Remember, you have to go through the learning curve with another rookie, and even if you hit big, you have this again in a couple years. You need to learn how to introduce these guys into the league and not lose them once they have some experience and knowledge.

The Bills aren't blowing this, and they aren't losing. I know many of you are butt-hurt that Byrd doesn't personally great you at the game, but you don't matter to him like you think you should. His family and his financial security, which is a payback for the years of hard work he has put in to get to where he is do. So, no...Byrd doesn't give a **** what you think of him. He might not even love the city of Buffalo. He has worked his ass off to get to a level that all of the uber fans can only obsess over, and he wants some compensation and to know that it has paid off in what can be conceived of as in a fair manner.

I would take phone calls, and tell any GM that he is going to have to blow my mind with his offer, or else we will just be tagging Byrd again next year. I would also tell them to relay the message to Mr. Parker.

Bills win, Parker loses, and Byrd has some decisions to make. He passed it up once, and we will have to go through this all again.

As for his feet...this isn't new, and it won't stop him from playing. This is a smoke screen, and his agent is giving him bad advice and is misplaying his hand in a catastrophic fashion. My prediction is that Byrd fires him before he signs an extension next year. That might not be how it works out, but that is what I think will happen, and I don't really give a **** if it is not right. Just my interpretation of the situation.

Well I guess it depends if you think Jairus Byrd is a credible source.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/09/jairus-byrd-avoids-trade-talk-reveals-both-feet-hurting-him.html

All I know about IncBob is that he's a rumor clearing house who reports whatever he hears.

Skooby
09-05-2013, 08:03 PM
We'll see.

Meathead
09-05-2013, 08:13 PM
do the jairus byrd dance where you kick yourself in the balls repeatedly but do it lightly mr plantar fasciiblowme

BuffaloRedleg
09-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I don't blame him, it's all business.

But I really am not going to accept anything less than a 1st for him, and I don't expect anyone to pay that much. He can sit all he wants but I'm not doing it.

You can't fricken draft a guy in the 2nd (I think he was), and then trade him for a 2nd or 3rd. That makes absolutely no sense and is just an awful, awful way to run your football team I don't care the money.

Eventually people will understand that bad teams have to overpay players to stay/play. It's a fact of life and you can get mad all you want, but it's like howling at the moon. The Patriots can do what they do because they have Tom Brady--- the same standard does not apply to us.

better days
09-06-2013, 12:43 AM

Then why did this rumor get started? It was the same when Parker wanted to get Peters out of Buffalo, he started spreading rumors so Bills fans would be happy to see Peters leave instead of being up in arms if/when the Bills traded him.

Mr. Pink
09-06-2013, 03:32 AM
Byrd should have been give a little more than Goldson got. Everyone would have been happy.

He has little to no trade value right now because even if we were to trade him, I don't believe a new team can talk official contract with him until after the season either. So who's gonna trade anything of value for a guy that may only be a one year rental player? This isn't hockey or baseball where rent-a-players are commonplace.

All he and his agent are doing is saying a bunch of crap to try and get the Bills uncomfortable with him being there. That way when it comes to next offseason maybe he can burn enough bridges within the front office that they just decide to wash their hands of him and he just goes into FA. It's all a ploy for him to avoid being tagged another year because at this point, that's all he's got.

I will say this much...if he does enter FA this coming offseason he will be the highest paid safety in football.

Skooby
09-06-2013, 04:23 AM
Byrd should have been give a little more than Goldson got. Everyone would have been happy.

He has little to no trade value right now because even if we were to trade him, I don't believe a new team can talk official contract with him until after the season either. So who's gonna trade anything of value for a guy that may only be a one year rental player? This isn't hockey or baseball where rent-a-players are commonplace.

All he and his agent are doing is saying a bunch of crap to try and get the Bills uncomfortable with him being there. That way when it comes to next offseason maybe he can burn enough bridges within the front office that they just decide to wash their hands of him and he just goes into FA. It's all a ploy for him to avoid being tagged another year because at this point, that's all he's got.

I will say this much...if he does enter FA this coming offseason he will be the highest paid safety in football.

Do you eat lots of fruit loops in the morning ?

kishoph
09-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Well I guess it depends if you think Jairus Byrd is a credible source.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/09/jairus-byrd-avoids-trade-talk-reveals-both-feet-hurting-him.html

All I know about IncBob is that he's a rumor clearing house who reports whatever he hears.

It's hard for me to believe Byrd when he says that he's focused only on playing for the Buffalo Bills, when he basically skipped training camp and just now reveals that he has plantar fasciitis in both feet, which I'm sure he withheld while trying to get the Bills to make him the highest paid safety in the game. Jairus Byrd's focus is on Jairus Byrd getting paid.

TacklingDummy
09-06-2013, 05:12 AM

We sure showed him!
I'm referring to the 22 games he's missed the last 4 year.

Spiderweb
09-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Dear Mr. Parker and Mr. Byrd,

Arrange a trade where the Bills get a 1st and a 3rd or shut up and sit down.

jdaltroy5
09-06-2013, 02:30 PM
That trade still worked out much better for the Eagles.

alohabillsfan
09-06-2013, 06:20 PM
I love how fans state that they will not accept anything less than____! Knock knock pudding head you don't have a f#cking vote! Lmao!

feldspar
09-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Tagging him again would be foolish. It guarantees he leaves for nothing.

Actually, the opposite of what you say is true. Tagging him next year would prevent him from hitting the market as a free agent. After they tag him, there is a huge window where the Bills could negotiate a long-term contract or trade him.

NOT tagging him would pretty much guarantee that he leaves for nothing, but tagging him would mean that the Bills either re-sign him or be compensated in a trade. I highly doubt the Bills would tag him and actually have him go into the season with the tag.

Philly would be stupid to give a high pick for Byrd right now because he is locked into the same franchise tag no matter where he plays. They might not even be able to retain him long-term. This talk of a trade is just a rumor.

Fixxxer
09-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I respect what Byrd is doing, get as much as you can when you can.

Having said that.

The Bills don't have to move a finger if he wants to be traded. Parker and Byrd should do the dirty work and if the trade propposal isn't good enough for the franchise it will not happen. They say he's the best safety in the business, well, get the compesation proportional to that claim.

JoeMama
09-06-2013, 06:51 PM
“From what I understand, someone is saying ‘sources.’ I would like to know what sources they’re talking about before you can say sources,” Byrd said, via Joe Buscaglia of WGR550.com. “My focus is just on football now, honestly. For this team, my teammates mean the world to me. I don’t want to be any distraction to them. We have a big game coming up. We need to be 100 percent on New England, and that’s where our focus is at. That’s it. That’s that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/05/jairus-byrd-my-focus-is-just-on-football/

What's the line from the God Father?

"It's not personal, it's just business."

Skooby
09-06-2013, 07:00 PM
What's the line from the God Father?

"It's not personal, it's just business."

It's from Pirates of the Caribbean I think but If another man kisses you, you have a several reasons to be scared as well.

Mace
09-06-2013, 07:16 PM
It's hard for me to believe Byrd when he says that he's focused only on playing for the Buffalo Bills, when he basically skipped training camp and just now reveals that he has plantar fasciitis in both feet, which I'm sure he withheld while trying to get the Bills to make him the highest paid safety in the game. Jairus Byrd's focus is on Jairus Byrd getting paid.

Absolutely. But that's where it gets fuzzy. He's not doing much for his market value for having a focus on getting paid. And lack of reps opens him up to hamstring type conditioning injuries which would further hamper his value past his the condition of his feet. They didn't include a no tag agreement when he signed his tender so we can just do it again next season and so can he, which moves him farther down the value chart.

Just seems to me it's in his best interest to do everything he can to increase his value, but if he really does have plantar fasc badly, he might have been smart to sign for top 5 money.

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2013, 08:41 PM
That trade still worked out much better for the Eagles.

How do you figure? The Bills got Eric wood out of the deal.

jdaltroy5
09-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah, and?

JoeMama
09-06-2013, 08:49 PM

Eric Wood is the most naturally talented lineman we have, but he's suffered gruesome freak injuries every season he's been here.

That's the only drawback (even though we got to re-sign him at a discount).

We need his talent for a full season. He's phenomenal when healthy. If we could combine his talent with Andy Levitre's durability, he'd be unstoppable.

The Jokeman
09-06-2013, 09:14 PM

Eric Wood's missed 18 games over that same span.

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Eric Wood's missed 18 games over that same span.

So if we're using games played as a gauge, the Bills got the better deal, correct? Wood is 5 years younger and not a fat lazy slob.

The Jokeman
09-06-2013, 09:22 PM
So if we're using games played as a gauge, the Bills got the better deal, correct? Wood is 5 years younger and not a fat lazy slob.

I'm not as to me a Pro Bowl LT is worth far more than an above average C. I still hated this deal as it's a primary example as to this team is run more like a business than a football team. As if you're running a football team you give Peters his money and be done with it. Same thing with Byrd, as we have more than enough cap room to re-sign him for what reason can it be justified to not give him the money?

jdaltroy5
09-06-2013, 09:28 PM
If you want to use games played as a gauge, then sure.

Or if you want to use all pros and pro bowl appearances, well...

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Everybody keeps saying pro-bowel tackle but when is the last time this slob played. He used to be a pro-bowl tackle. Now, he's just a fat lazy slob like Bryant Mckinnie. So sick of that bull**** argument.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Jason-Peters-Its-No-Big-Deal/a6d9d841-bc99-40b5-bad5-77f3410b9a49

Mace
09-06-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm not as to me a Pro Bowl LT is worth far more than an above average C. I still hated this deal as it's a primary example as to this team is run more like a business than a football team. As if you're running a football team you give Peters his money and be done with it. Same thing with Byrd, as we have more than enough cap room to re-sign him for what reason can it be justified to not give him the money?

Yes.

Skooby
09-06-2013, 11:22 PM

So we pay him all the money he asked for, #1 without debate. If he doesn't play in more than half the games this year then did we make a mistake ? Maybe we should pay everyone with 2 bad feet all the money, does this make logical sense to you?

jdaltroy5
09-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Everybody keeps saying pro-bowel tackle but when is the last time this slob played. He used to be a pro-bowl tackle. Now, he's just a fat lazy slob like Bryant Mckinnie. So sick of that bull**** argument.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Jason-Peters-Its-No-Big-Deal/a6d9d841-bc99-40b5-bad5-77f3410b9a49Dude, he missed ONE friggin' year. He was an All Pro the year before he got injured.

Bryant Mckinnie was an All Pro ONE time 4 years ago.

It's not even close to the same thing.

jdaltroy5
09-07-2013, 07:22 AM
So we pay him all the money he asked for, #1 without debate. If he doesn't play in more than half the games this year then did we make a mistake ? Maybe we should pay everyone with 2 bad feet all the money, does this make logical sense to you?
Jesus Christ, strawman much?

How many times do you have to hear it before it starts to sink in?

No, you DON'T pay EVERYONE what they ask for.

But you DO pay your top end talent what they ask for ESPECIALLY if you don't have a lot of it.

jdaltroy5
09-07-2013, 08:00 AM

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Jason-Peters-Its-No-Big-Deal/a6d9d841-bc99-40b5-bad5-77f3410b9a49
BTW, that was a sweet link.

I particularly liked the video where the coach said, "Ask any of the players where I've coached...I teach the LT off of what he was doing."

better days
09-07-2013, 08:20 AM
BTW, that was a sweet link.

I particularly liked the video where the coach said, "Ask any of the players where I've coached...I teach the LT off of what he was doing."

From what everyone is saying, it doesn't look like they teach defense too well.

jdaltroy5
09-07-2013, 08:23 AM
From what everyone is saying, it doesn't look like they teach defense too well.
It's a good thing LT is on the offense then.

better days
09-07-2013, 08:26 AM
It's a good thing LT is on the offense then.

Yeah, but Safety is on the defense.

jdaltroy5
09-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah, but Safety is on the defense.
What are you talking about?

The video said that before he became a coach for the Eagles, he had always taught his OTs to play like Jason Peters.

better days
09-07-2013, 08:53 AM
What are you talking about?

The video said that before he became a coach for the Eagles, he had always taught his OTs to play like Jason Peters.

I'm talking about the title of this thread.

Some idiot thinks the Bills & Philly are in trade talks about Byrd.

jdaltroy5
09-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm talking about the title of this thread.

Some idiot thinks the Bills & Philly are in trade talks about Byrd.
And I'm talking about something totally different.

We're talking about Jason Peters and Eric Wood.

better days
09-07-2013, 10:39 AM
And I'm talking about something totally different.

We're talking about Jason Peters and Eric Wood.

So you hijacked the thread, well I'm taking it back.

jdaltroy5
09-07-2013, 10:51 AM
So you hijacked the thread, well I'm taking it back.
I didn't hijack the thread. Go back and read it. Someone else said that they hope that Byrd's career ends up like Peters', which was stupid.

If you want to get back on topic so we can discuss Byrd in the 15th different thread, then be my guest.