• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

PHI Riley Cooper and Cary Williams go at it

Williams needed to walk off the incident on a side field. An animated DeSean Jackson went face to face with the former Raven in what appeared like an attempt to calm him down.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: PHI Riley Cooper and Cary Williams go at it

I don't get it. That wasn't even a good fight.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

thank god somebody gave this its own thread
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I doubt it had anything to do with what Riley said:

This isn't the first time Williams has been involved in an on-field encounter. He had one last year with Jackson when the Eagles and Ravens played early in the season. Williams was also thrown out of practice earlier this summer for a shoving match with a Patriots wide receiver during joint practices.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
          thank god somebody gave this its own thread
          I figured you'd love this. White guy uses N word. Black guy has zero tolerance with him 2 months later.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by The King View Post
            I figured you'd love this. White guy uses N word. Black guy has zero tolerance with him 2 months later.
            It took him 2 months to figure it out ?
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• PTI
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

Thread title is gay...........

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

ohhhh thats the guy. i didnt make the connection. duh

i didnt pay much attention to this when it was in the news bc it sounded just stupid, but i was wondering if they ever confirmed he said the real nword or was he just using the general nigga term?

the key distinction there is was he really being racist or just using an acceptable form of the word but in anger? i mean lets just admit the guys a dick but is he just a hothead or is he a racist hothead?

that would make a huge diff to me so i was curious if it ever got that detailed
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Then really works him over to make a statement by slapping at him and giving his facemask a good tugging to teach him a lesson. I never saw the video, I thought they really had a fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X