PDA

View Full Version : Byrd Trade BS

Mike
09-05-2013, 07:15 PM
This has been reported a few times but to clear the air, Byrd never requested a trade.

Here is Byrd's reaction to reports:

"From what I understand, someone is saying 'sources.' I would like to know what sources they're talking about before you can say sources," Byrd said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9638820/jairus-byrd-buffalo-bills-questions-report-requested-trade?
Bills' Byrd questions report of trade request

Parker's Reaction:
"There is no truth to the rumor we are actively seeking a trade at this time," Parker said, via WGRZ-TV.

Via:
Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Podcast: Published: Sept. 5, 2013 at 04:53 p.m.
Updated: Sept. 5, 2013 at 05:40 p.m.
Jairus Byrd unlikely to be traded by Bills at low value

Bottom Line:
These sorts of Rumors are designed to make fans hate a certain player. Trading Byrd makes zero sense for anyone.

It's not like he can be signed and traded, lol. He would be traded and then in same position at years end, plus he would have to learn a whole new system, team, players, etc by Sunday.

Only a really poorly run organization would make such a bad trade with such awful timing and only really gullible fans would support it and getting rid of a PB player.

jdaltroy5
09-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Only a really poorly run organization would make such a bad trade with such awful timing and only really gullible fans would support it and getting rid of a PB player.
Hold on, you're contradicting yourself here.

Is he being traded or not?

Mace
09-05-2013, 07:19 PM

Yes.

Mike
09-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Hold on, you're contradicting yourself here.

I don't believe he will be traded, I think it's BS but with a poorly run organizations you never know.

mayotm
09-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh good. Another Byrd thread. I'm sure there will be some fresh opinions in this thread that haven't been expressed in the other 100 threads on the topic.

Meathead
09-05-2013, 08:24 PM
theyll probly have to wait until offseason to do a sign and trade. hes gotta suit up and play well then somebody will pay for him

Beebe's Kid
09-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Well, I am sick of his whining. I mean he is no better than any of the safeties that he is better than, and he must have started a rumor that he didn't start a rumor to be traded. Look...we were all in the room when the Bills offered him TO's key to the city, as well as top 5 money...he didn't take it then, and he injured his foot last year to get back at us. We can just draft another safety to take 4 years to get to his caliber of play, because we do this all of the time. Our draft record is impeccable, and as long as we can keep franchise stalwarts like Carrington and Tuel around, we don't need anybody to play safety. I'd trade the one guy that has actually developed into an NFL player, who we drafted in the second round, away for a 3rd rounder, because that is the replacement value, and blah, blah, ****ing blah.

I am sick of this BS, and I am going to type some words in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS to show how SICK I am of it.

malvado78
09-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Just PAY the man!!!

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2013, 09:06 AM
The Bills are paying him

Bill Cody
09-06-2013, 09:20 AM
This has been reported a few times but to clear the air, Byrd never requested a trade.

Here is Byrd's reaction to reports:

"From what I understand, someone is saying 'sources.' I would like to know what sources they're talking about before you can say sources," Byrd said.

ahh the old non denial denial

Parker's Reaction:
"There is no truth to the rumor we are actively seeking a trade at this time," Parker said, via WGRZ-TV.

why did he throw in "actively"? Does that mean "look I already called every GM in the league to gauge interest but I'm not planning on calling anyone back"

jamze132
09-06-2013, 10:33 AM
I bet he and his agent would love to get out of Buffalo where the money grows on trees

Mike
09-06-2013, 10:48 AM
I bet he and his agent would love to get out of Buffalo where the money grows on trees

Thing is that money grows on threes in Buffalo too. Just look at the Bills Salery Cap and every other teams. We're Rich!!!!

DynaPaul
09-07-2013, 09:51 PM
If he was smart he'd take the top 5 money with a big signing bonus instead of holding out for #1 pay.

alohabillsfan
09-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Here is how it plays out...
Agent floats rumor of the availability of a Byrd trade... Agent waits, holding phone in anticipation of numerous teams dying to trade for an above avg safety with a nagging foot injury that wants top money but can't sign that deal till after the season so you have to trust the agent... Phone does not ring (shocking I know ) so now we have this little or debacle. Hmmm, I know we will just say we never asked to be traded, what sources.... Well played Parker you have to be the dumbest agent on the planet! Which makes the players you represent even dumber.. Athletes, Smfh!

Thundering Buffalo
09-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Nailed it!! Byrd should fire his agent by not doing so he's proving he's just as ignorant as Parker and I believe Whaley should continue to flip Parker da Byrd!

stuckincincy
09-08-2013, 11:46 AM
CBS Sports blurb:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23540901/bills-disgruntled-safety-jarius-byrd-would-welcome-trade