PDA

View Full Version : Marrone:" Full playbook open to healthy Bills QB Manuel"... why say such?

stuckincincy
09-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Marrone is coming off as a poor poker player... :nono:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000239122/article/marrone-full-playbook-open-to-healthy-bills-qb-manuel

Thief
09-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Why does it hurt?

OpIv37
09-06-2013, 12:07 PM
You think he's going to tell another team that the full playbook isn't open? Make them game plan for everything even if he knows he's not going to me Manuel run certain things.

Ed
09-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh my god our coach just told everyone he's going to use his playbook! We're doomed!

stuckincincy
09-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Why does it hurt?

Full playbook? Limited play book? Let the opposition think whatever they will. I can't recall any HC, new or not, bringing such up. I smell another PR stunt here...

THATHURMANATOR
09-06-2013, 12:38 PM
People really look into everything way too deeply.

This doesn't matter AT ALL.

T-Long
09-06-2013, 12:40 PM
I am confused.

stuckincincy
09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
You think he's going to tell another team that the full playbook isn't open? Make them game plan for everything even if he knows he's not going to me Manuel run certain things.

Why would he open his trap at all? And I didn't like this guy publicly yammering on about no-huddle or blitzing. Why say anything at all about a playbook?

lightningbolt444
09-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Why would he open his trap at all? I'm getting tired of this guy publicly yammering on about no-huddle or blitzing. Why say anything at all about a playbook?

Dont be foolish. This happens when QBs get hurt all the time. The Redskins just said something similar. No different than the broncos last year saying manning could make all the throws etc.

Novacane
09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I'd fire him today! We can't have this kind of stupidity!

:rolleyes:

HAMMER
09-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Another crap post out of Cincinnati.

stuckincincy
09-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Dont be foolish. This happens when QBs get hurt all the time. The Redskins just said something similar. No different than the broncos last year saying manning could make all the throws etc.

You miss the point. You are HC, you keep your own consul and restrict it to your club.

This isn't a club that can afford to give up any edge, however slight.

Never, never utter a peep about your players and moreover what range of plays they may execute.

Never.

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Seriously???

justasportsfan
09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
PLay 1-100. Give it to Spiller.

OpIv37
09-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Why would he open his trap at all? And I didn't like this guy publicly yammering on about no-huddle or blitzing. Why say anything at all about a playbook?

I'd be more concerned if he said something like "we're going to simplify the playbook because EJ missed some practice time and isn't prepared to make all the reads."

Saying that the full playbook is open is just coachspeak- it's what they do when they talk to the media. Maybe Belicheck will buy it and maybe he won't- but if he doesn't buy it, that benefits us. There is literally no harm in this statement whatsoever. It's exactly what the coach should say, whether its true or not.

Dr. Lecter
09-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Op is a such a blind homer. Jesus.

Beebe's Kid
09-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I don't know how to feel...I am glad that I was told how stupid this was, and how it was a PR scandal. Otherwise I wouldn't have thought it was a big deal.

If the Bills lose, at least we know why now. Marrone tipped his hand, and now NE knows exactly what they are going to do.

Damn it.

BidsJr
09-06-2013, 01:37 PM
stupidincincy

stuckincincy
09-06-2013, 01:37 PM
I'd be more concerned if he said something like "we're going to simplify the playbook because EJ missed some practice time and isn't prepared to make all the reads."

Saying that the full playbook is open is just coachspeak- it's what they do when they talk to the media. Maybe Belicheck will buy it and maybe he won't- but if he doesn't buy it, that benefits us. There is literally no harm in this statement whatsoever. It's exactly what the coach should say, whether its true or not.

No. He should have said nothing at all. Of course Manuel doesn't have a total grasp of the playbook, let alone seeing defenders and pro schemes in action when it counts.

I'm sorry if folks disagree, but IMO, Marrone has been chirping like a public relations flack. You say coachspeak, I say PR stunt.

The comedy continues...

Meathead
09-06-2013, 01:55 PM
i say we fire the bum

Turf
09-06-2013, 01:59 PM
I also understand they're going to inflate the footballs!

OpIv37
09-06-2013, 02:15 PM
No. He should have said nothing at all. Of course Manuel doesn't have a total grasp of the playbook, let alone seeing defenders and pro schemes in action when it counts.

I'm sorry if folks disagree, but IMO, Marrone has been chirping like a public relations flack. You say coachspeak, I say PR stunt.

The comedy continues...
Oh it's definitely a pr stunt. They want the fans and the Pats to think Manuel is ready even if he isn't.

So what? It doesn't hurt anything. He didn't give up any details about his game plan. It's an irrelevant comment.

And believe me- I have an established track record of calling this team out for all their BS over the years. When there is something to complain about, I'm the first one doing it. But there just isn't anything here. It's a non-issue.

OLDSRIP
09-06-2013, 02:30 PM
You miss the point. You are HC, you keep your own consul and restrict it to your club.

This isn't a club that can afford to give up any edge, however slight.

Never, never utter a peep about your players and moreover what range of plays they may execute.

Never.

you may want to tell your doctor that your meds need to be adjusted.
Nothing to see here.

Novacane
09-06-2013, 02:59 PM
You know you are way out there when OP is taking the side of defending the Bills.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Cincy, you were upset that Marrone was going all out in preseason, do you want him to come out and claim they are going vanilla in the regular season?

stuckincincy
09-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Oh it's definitely a pr stunt. They want the fans and the Pats to think Manuel is ready even if he isn't.

So what? It doesn't hurt anything. He didn't give up any details about his game plan. It's an irrelevant comment.

And believe me- I have an established track record of calling this team out for all their BS over the years. When there is something to complain about, I'm the first one doing it. But there just isn't anything here. It's a non-issue.

We have to agree to disagree.

I do not feel that any HC, or anybody connected with a team, should be saying anything at all, about anything about the playbook, in any context whatsoever.

Marrone has been exposing himself as a fool or a stooge. He needs to keep his mouth shut - seems like he's not getting wise to the gotcha! pro press and still thinks he's dealing with the kissy-kissy Syracuse press. And other teams that digest his words.

I don't know how may times it needs to be said...don't say your rookie qb has a grasp or not - say nothing. When an HC touts, the opposition...investigates.

kishoph
09-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Marrone also said,

"It's his first game. He's gonna go in there, we're gonna give him everything he needs to be successful and he's gonna go out there and play."

What an idiot, why would he say that ? This smells of Russ Brandon, just trying to sell tickets. :crazy:

:sarcasm:

IlluminatusUIUC
09-06-2013, 03:27 PM
We have to agree to disagree.

I do not feel that any HC, or anybody connected with a team, should be saying anything at all, about anything about the playbook, in any context whatsoever.

Marrone has been exposing himself as a fool or a stooge. He needs to keep his mouth shut - seems like he's not getting wise to the gotcha! pro press and still thinks he's dealing with the kissy-kissy Syracuse press. And other teams that digest his words.

I don't know how may times it needs to be said...don't say your rookie qb has a grasp or not - say nothing. When an HC touts, the opposition...investigates.

Ok, how was New England going to prep for this game previously and how did Marrone's statement change that?

stuckincincy
09-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Cincy, you were upset that Marrone was going all out in preseason, do you want him to come out and claim they are going vanilla in the regular season?

I want him to say nothing to any member of the press about anything remotely connected with game strategy. Talk up players, rah-rah the coming season, thank the fans, etc.

Homegrown
09-06-2013, 03:36 PM
i say we fire the bum

and he can take his **** playbook with him

TedMock
09-06-2013, 03:38 PM
There is nothing in his statement that gives the opponent an advantage. He actually made it a lot more vague. Even if the Patriots had a current copy of our playbook, he said "...the whole playbook..." Think of something as simple as studying for a test. Here's the book. The whole thing is fair game. It's not exactly saying "we plan on running the plays on pages 41-67 this week." Now THAT would be concerning. Ha! Seriously tough, Shanahan said essentiall the same thing about RG3 with regard to his injury - something like "we will not limit the playbook..." Still, no tipping of the hand either way.

mayotm
09-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Please understand that stuckincincy is by far the most intelligent person posting on this site. Thus, disagreeing with him makes you ignorant.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I want him to say nothing to any member of the press about anything remotely connected with game strategy. Talk up players, rah-rah the coming season, thank the fans, etc.

You didn't answer my question in post 28. What is New England going to do differently because of this?

stuckincincy
09-06-2013, 03:40 PM

??? I did not claim that. How do you draw a line from Marrone's statement and my words here?

ParanoidAndroid
09-06-2013, 03:45 PM

Maybe.... I don't know. But maaaaaybe...... he was asked a question? I can't imagine a sports beat reporter asking a silly question like: "Is EJ limited in terms of what he can run or will he not have everything available to protect his knee? Is the read option available or will you not ask him to run?" This is a silly thread.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-06-2013, 03:46 PM
??? I did not claim that. How do you draw a line from Marrone's statement and my words here?

You started an entire thread annoyed that Marrone was blitzing and going balls out in preseason. You want a link?

Night Train
09-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Face it Cinci. You dislike the hire of Marrone and will find fault in everything he does. Your posts/threads prove this out.

Why don't you let him coach a few games before playing internet taps.

stuckincincy
09-06-2013, 04:03 PM
You didn't answer my question in post 28. What is New England going to do differently because of this?

Your post #28 was

"Ok, how was New England going to prep for this game previously and how did Marrone's statement change that?"

Of course they are not. I suspect we are proven fleas, in their minds. Please see the big picture...

There is a general lack of understanding here. A gross lack of depth of understanding, unfortunately.

I don't know how many times I have to say it:

Say nothing about strategy, about playbook. Period. Marrone was wrong.

There have been snotty comments directed against me...folks who can't deal with alternative thought, and choose to fling insult. Sad.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Your post #28 was

"Ok, how was New England going to prep for this game previously and how did Marrone's statement change that?"

Of course they are not. I suspect we are proven fleas, in their minds. Please see the big picture...

There is a general lack of understanding here. A gross lack of depth of understanding, unfortunately.

There have been snotty comments directed against me...folks who can't deal with alternative thought, and choose to fling insult. Sad.

So New England isn't changing anything, it gives them no advantage, there isn't even anything for them to "investigate" as you previously claimed.

So who the **** cares? There is no "big picture" to see here.

I have raked this team over the coals for years, anyone who's read any of my posts would know I'm no apologist for the Bills or Marrone. But this is thread is purely pissing in the wind.

HAMMER
09-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Your post #28 was

Enough of the martyr BS, you do this in every thread you start and it is usually because the content is laughable and people do just that. If you don't like the abuse then become a better poster, or stay off the board. Simple.

Meathead
09-06-2013, 04:51 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img594/6416/mqzz.jpg

JoeMama
09-06-2013, 05:27 PM
lulz @ "... why say such?" in the thread title.

What is this, middle earth?

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2013, 05:32 PM
This thread stinks like a wet beer fart.

alohabillsfan
09-06-2013, 06:10 PM
And yet another whopper of a thread. I suppose Kennedy was assassinated by the CIA and the moon landing was filmed in Hollywood . Please rest your feeble mind.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-06-2013, 06:19 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000239122/article/marrone-full-playbook-open-to-healthy-bills-qb-manuel

how do you know its not a bluff?

trapezeus
09-06-2013, 06:32 PM
No one has seen the film of the full play book. This is a non event

mayotm
09-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Enough of the martyr BS, you do this in every thread you start and it is usually because the content is laughable and people do just that. If you don't like the abuse then become a better poster, or stay off the board. Simple.Best post in the thread.

Albany,n.y.
09-06-2013, 06:53 PM
And yet another whopper of a thread. I suppose Kennedy was assassinated by the CIA and the moon landing was filmed in Hollywood . Please rest your feeble mind.

Close. Kennedy was assassinated by Hollywood and the moon landing was filmed in the CIA.

Mace
09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I don't know. When I saw the article before coming here, the first thing I thought was why not say Manuel is still a little limited so they'll restrict the playbook. I'm not really sure you want Belichick planning for everything with certainty when your main advantage is his lack of film on what you may or may not do. He's not an idiot where he'll buy into anything completely, but there's no telling what pregame fog of war his players might buy into.

Fixxxer
09-06-2013, 08:08 PM
This thread should be televised and named Corky.

Mace
09-06-2013, 08:10 PM
This thread should be televised and named Corky.

I can agree with that.

X-Era
09-06-2013, 08:35 PM

There's competitive advantage in lying and saying your rookie QB is only getting half a playbook that the other team hasn't seen?

IDK man.

Or, the full playbook has everything and the Pats have even less of a clue what the Bills may run...

Mace
09-06-2013, 09:17 PM
There's competitive advantage in lying and saying your rookie QB is only getting half a playbook that the other team hasn't seen?

IDK man.

Or, the full playbook has everything and the Pats have even less of a clue what the Bills may run...

I'm not real committed to thinking it was terrible, just ill advised. But it honestly makes more sense they'd have less of a clue facing the full playbook expecting less than they would expecting the full playbook.

TigerJ
09-06-2013, 09:44 PM
"We're only going to ask EJ to throw short passes and hand the ball off even though we'll send Goodwin deep to stretch the defense and allow receivers to get open underneath."

Dr. Lecter
09-06-2013, 09:58 PM
http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Not-just-fail-but-epic-fail.jpg

jdaltroy5
09-06-2013, 10:00 PM
This thread needs to die in a horrible, tragic tire fire.

Mace
09-06-2013, 10:39 PM

Named Corky and televised. That was stunningly awesome.

X-Era
09-07-2013, 10:30 AM
This thread needs to be covered in lava and fall into the ocean... Go the way of Pompeii.

justasportsfan
09-07-2013, 10:37 AM

to be fair with OP, you're over reacting here. I love the way BB talks to media but it's not like Marrone is giving anything away.

GvilleBills
09-07-2013, 10:43 AM
"You don't talk business outside of the family!"

I seriously wish this thread was stuck in Cincy with the OP.