X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

I Think The Bills Are Going To Win

No Kool-Aid, I just see an obvious trend developing that is spilling over and will lead to a Bills win on Sunday.

Leodis McKelvin fumbled the ball, and his front lawn paid the price in '09. 25-24.

Later that year the Bills lost at home to the Pats 17-10.

In 2010, the Bills lost to the Pats in the third game of the year in New England 38-30.

Bills beat the Pats in 2011 at the Ralph, finally. It only took a decade.

Bills had the Pats on the ropes at the Ralph last year. They were two yards away from going up 35-7 and then CJ got popped, fumbled the ball and the rest was history. Amazing how a game can turn on a single play...or right hook.

When the Bills played the Pats in New England last year and came up short once again, 37-31...it was glaringly obvious what was preventing the team from beating the Patriots for so long.

A quarterback.

The Bills have their QB of the future. I believe that EJ Manuel will be the difference maker in such close contests.

They also have better wide receivers than last year, better linebackers than last year, a better defensive coordinator than last year, and a better head coach than last year. I liked Chan The Man, but Chan the coach failed to pull the trigger on Fitz behind the old shed.

All combined, I think those upgrades push the Bills over the hump in 2013.

Old Yeller is dead. The dog is gone. Life goes on in the NFL and begins anew.

In recent years, New England's tight ends have eaten the Bills secondary alive like white on rice. But on opening day, Hernandez will not be eating his favorite dish. Gronk will be standing on the sidelines, unable to devour half of his bi-annual Buffalo BBQ.

Danny Amendola is hurt, again, and won't start Sunday.

Who the hell is Tom Brady going to pass the ball to? Vince Wilfork's wife?

Anyone read this article?

The Patriots secondary is in worse shape than the Bills, and Tom Brady has nothing but rookies to throw to.

The Bills have better running backs, and better wide receivers than the Patriots.

EJ Manuel's arm, and legs will make the biggest difference of all.

This game can not only be a historical moment for the Bills, it can also mark the start and finish of a new era in the NFL.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: I Think The Bills Are Going To Win

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    No Kool-Aid, I just see an obvious trend developing that is spilling over and will lead to a Bills win on Sunday.

Leodis McKelvin fumbled the ball, and his front lawn paid the price in '09. 25-24.

In 2010, the Bills lost to the Pats in the third game of the year in New England 38-30.

Bills had the Pats on the ropes at the Ralph last year. They were two yards away from going up 35-7 and then CJ got popped, fumbled the ball and the rest was history. Amazing how a game can turn on a single play...or right hook.

When the Bills played the Pats in New England last year and came up short once again, 37-31...it was glaringly obvious what was preventing the team from beating the Patriots for so long.

A quarterback.

The Bills have their QB of the future. I believe that EJ Manuel will be the difference maker in such close contests.

They also have better wide receivers than last year, better linebackers than last year, a better defensive coordinator than last year, and a better head coach than last year. I liked Chan The Man, but Chan the coach failed to pull the trigger on Fitz behind the old shed.

In recent years, New England's tight ends have eaten the Bills secondary alive like white on rice. But on opening day, Hernandez will not be eating his favorite dish. Gronk will be standing on the sidelines, unable to devour half of his bi-annual Buffalo BBQ.

The Patriots secondary is in worse shape than the Bills, and Tom Brady has nothing but rookies to throw to.

The Bills have better running backs, and better wide receivers than the Patriots.

This game can not only be a historical moment for the Bills, it can also mark the start and finish of a new era in the NFL.
    I know you are being sarcastic, but I don't care.

Watching NBC Sports Channel tonight, EJ was picked as the most likely Rookie QB to win week one...........even though the Bills are Playing the Pats*

They said the Bills have a GOOD Defense & weapons around EJ, Stevie, Spiller, Fred.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

A quarterback.

YES !!!!

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

I wasn't being sarcastic.

But speaking of sarcasm, Bill Belichick does look like Elton John.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

I wasn't being sarcastic.

But speaking of sarcasm, Bill Belichick does look like Elton John.
          More like Kevin Costner playing Bill Belichick pretending to be Elton John played by Bill Belichick as Kevin Costner imho.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
            I know you are being sarcastic, but I don't care.

Watching NBC Sports Channel tonight, EJ was picked as the most likely Rookie QB to win week one...........even though the Bills are Playing the Pats*
            Compared to whom? there's only one other rookie starting week one unless something crazy happens, Geno Smith. And yes, EJ is better than him.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

saying ej is more likely to win his game than geno is like saying janet reno is more likely to win a beauty contest than roseanne
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                • Aug 2013

Listen, I really love what you are saying but if you think we will win with any certitude is insane. That doesn't mean you don't want them to win. That get's confused on these forums a lot. If you're right you can say I called it I'm the best fan ever, and if you're wrong you're still the best fan ever because you billieved. There are no stakes in these types of allegations. But you are wrong. There is little to no chance that we win. That's okay though, the thing that matters is seeing EJ have a good showing and grow as a leader.

All I know is if the Bills win it will be the biggest win since 1999 and we mad the playoffs. Maybe bigger. I will be near tears if we win. It will certainly be without a doubt the most important win since who knows when.

Let's all rally around that and not get wrapped up in wild predictions that make no sense.
                Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 09-07-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                  Listen, saying you think we will win is insane. That doesn't mean you don't want them to win. That get's confused on these forums a lot. If you're right you can say I called it I'm the best fan ever, and if you're wrong you're still the best fan ever because you billieved. There are no stakes in these types of allegations. But you are wrong. There is little to no chance that we win. That's okay though, the thing that matters is seeing EJ have a good showing and grow as a leader.

All I know is if the Bills win it will be the biggest win since 1999 and we mad the playoffs. Maybe bigger. I will be near tears if we win. It will certainly be without a doubt the most important win since who knows when.

Let's all rally around that and not get wrapped up in wild predictions that make no sense.
                  Works both ways. You can be one of the people that constantly say the Bills suck and have no chance. When they lose you get to say, "see, I told you they suck". Yet get to enjoy a win because you're a fan.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by mayotm View Post
                    Works both ways. You can be one of the people that constantly say the Bills suck and have no chance. When they lose you get to say, "see, I told you they suck". Yet get to enjoy a win because you're a fan.
                    You are assuming that the enjoyment I would get out of being right (none) would be greater than the enjoyment out of the Bills winning (near tears).

Why do people always assume this?

Note: I was pretty clear about this in the original post. I think you should read it more clearly before jumping to OMFG HE HATES THE BILLS BECAUSE HE THINKS WE'LL LOSE.
                    Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 09-07-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                      Compared to whom? there's only one other rookie starting week one unless something crazy happens, Geno Smith. And yes, EJ is better than him.
                      Well, they also included Terrelle Pryor of the Raiders in the conversation even though he is technically not a Rookie.

And at draft time, Geno Smith was talked of as the best QB in the draft. EJ was a HUGE surprise to everyone.

But after preseason, the experts agree, the Bills made the right choice at QB.
                      Last edited by better days; 09-07-2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                        saying ej is more likely to win his game than geno is like saying janet reno is more likely to win a beauty contest than roseanne
                        Everyone knows Roseanne is MUCH prettier than Janet.

And the Bills play the Pats* while the Jets play the Bucs & the Raiders play the Colts.

If the Bills win, it will be a HUGE upset.
                        Last edited by better days; 09-07-2013, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                          • May 2003

Why not the Bills? IMHO our skill position players are better across the board minus qb. The pats still have Lady Luck in Marsha Brady but this is a new era at One Bills Drive!
                          Send me some wings!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MTBillsFan View Post
                              Why not the Bills? IMHO our skill position players are better across the board minus qb. The pats still have Lady Luck in Marsha Brady but this is a new era at One Bills Drive!
                              Why not the Bills, right here right now! Learn to love this team & this time.

I think the Bills defense & EJ will be the keys to this game.

The Bills defense need to throw the Pats* receivers off their routes, and put pressure on Brady.

EJ needs to protect the ball, no ints or fumbles & throw a couple TDs downfield. If EJ shows the Pats* he can throw downfield with accuracy, that will really help the run game with CJ & Fred.

Comment

Working...
                              X