PDA

View Full Version : I Think The Bills Are Going To Win

BillsImpossible
09-06-2013, 09:59 PM
No Kool-Aid, I just see an obvious trend developing that is spilling over and will lead to a Bills win on Sunday.

Leodis McKelvin fumbled the ball, and his front lawn paid the price in '09. 25-24.

Later that year the Bills lost at home to the Pats 17-10.

In 2010, the Bills lost to the Pats in the third game of the year in New England 38-30.

Bills beat the Pats in 2011 at the Ralph, finally. It only took a decade.

Bills had the Pats on the ropes at the Ralph last year. They were two yards away from going up 35-7 and then CJ got popped, fumbled the ball and the rest was history. Amazing how a game can turn on a single play...or right hook.

When the Bills played the Pats in New England last year and came up short once again, 37-31...it was glaringly obvious what was preventing the team from beating the Patriots for so long.

A quarterback.

The Bills have their QB of the future. I believe that EJ Manuel will be the difference maker in such close contests.

They also have better wide receivers than last year, better linebackers than last year, a better defensive coordinator than last year, and a better head coach than last year. I liked Chan The Man, but Chan the coach failed to pull the trigger on Fitz behind the old shed.

All combined, I think those upgrades push the Bills over the hump in 2013.

Old Yeller is dead. The dog is gone. Life goes on in the NFL and begins anew.

In recent years, New England's tight ends have eaten the Bills secondary alive like white on rice. But on opening day, Hernandez will not be eating his favorite dish. Gronk will be standing on the sidelines, unable to devour half of his bi-annual Buffalo BBQ.

Danny Amendola is hurt, again, and won't start Sunday.

Who the hell is Tom Brady going to pass the ball to? Vince Wilfork's wife?

Anyone read this article?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1759636-biggest-questions-facing-new-england-patriots-in-week-1-bout-with-buffalo-bills

The Patriots secondary is in worse shape than the Bills, and Tom Brady has nothing but rookies to throw to.

The Bills have better running backs, and better wide receivers than the Patriots.

EJ Manuel's arm, and legs will make the biggest difference of all.

This game can not only be a historical moment for the Bills, it can also mark the start and finish of a new era in the NFL.

better days
09-06-2013, 10:17 PM
No Kool-Aid, I just see an obvious trend developing that is spilling over and will lead to a Bills win on Sunday.

Leodis McKelvin fumbled the ball, and his front lawn paid the price in '09. 25-24.

In 2010, the Bills lost to the Pats in the third game of the year in New England 38-30.

Bills had the Pats on the ropes at the Ralph last year. They were two yards away from going up 35-7 and then CJ got popped, fumbled the ball and the rest was history. Amazing how a game can turn on a single play...or right hook.

When the Bills played the Pats in New England last year and came up short once again, 37-31...it was glaringly obvious what was preventing the team from beating the Patriots for so long.

A quarterback.

The Bills have their QB of the future. I believe that EJ Manuel will be the difference maker in such close contests.

They also have better wide receivers than last year, better linebackers than last year, a better defensive coordinator than last year, and a better head coach than last year. I liked Chan The Man, but Chan the coach failed to pull the trigger on Fitz behind the old shed.

In recent years, New England's tight ends have eaten the Bills secondary alive like white on rice. But on opening day, Hernandez will not be eating his favorite dish. Gronk will be standing on the sidelines, unable to devour half of his bi-annual Buffalo BBQ.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1759636-biggest-questions-facing-new-england-patriots-in-week-1-bout-with-buffalo-bills

The Patriots secondary is in worse shape than the Bills, and Tom Brady has nothing but rookies to throw to.

The Bills have better running backs, and better wide receivers than the Patriots.

This game can not only be a historical moment for the Bills, it can also mark the start and finish of a new era in the NFL.

I know you are being sarcastic, but I don't care.

Watching NBC Sports Channel tonight, EJ was picked as the most likely Rookie QB to win week one...........even though the Bills are Playing the Pats*

They said the Bills have a GOOD Defense & weapons around EJ, Stevie, Spiller, Fred.

Mace
09-06-2013, 10:43 PM

A quarterback.

YES !!!!

BillsImpossible
09-06-2013, 10:46 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic.

But speaking of sarcasm, Bill Belichick does look like Elton John.

Mace
09-06-2013, 10:49 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic.

But speaking of sarcasm, Bill Belichick does look like Elton John.

More like Kevin Costner playing Bill Belichick pretending to be Elton John played by Bill Belichick as Kevin Costner imho.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-07-2013, 12:20 AM
I know you are being sarcastic, but I don't care.

Watching NBC Sports Channel tonight, EJ was picked as the most likely Rookie QB to win week one...........even though the Bills are Playing the Pats*
Compared to whom? there's only one other rookie starting week one unless something crazy happens, Geno Smith. And yes, EJ is better than him.

Meathead
09-07-2013, 06:00 AM
saying ej is more likely to win his game than geno is like saying janet reno is more likely to win a beauty contest than roseanne

BuffaloRedleg
09-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Listen, I really love what you are saying but if you think we will win with any certitude is insane. That doesn't mean you don't want them to win. That get's confused on these forums a lot. If you're right you can say I called it I'm the best fan ever, and if you're wrong you're still the best fan ever because you billieved. There are no stakes in these types of allegations. But you are wrong. There is little to no chance that we win. That's okay though, the thing that matters is seeing EJ have a good showing and grow as a leader.

All I know is if the Bills win it will be the biggest win since 1999 and we mad the playoffs. Maybe bigger. I will be near tears if we win. It will certainly be without a doubt the most important win since who knows when.

Let's all rally around that and not get wrapped up in wild predictions that make no sense.

mayotm
09-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Listen, saying you think we will win is insane. That doesn't mean you don't want them to win. That get's confused on these forums a lot. If you're right you can say I called it I'm the best fan ever, and if you're wrong you're still the best fan ever because you billieved. There are no stakes in these types of allegations. But you are wrong. There is little to no chance that we win. That's okay though, the thing that matters is seeing EJ have a good showing and grow as a leader.

All I know is if the Bills win it will be the biggest win since 1999 and we mad the playoffs. Maybe bigger. I will be near tears if we win. It will certainly be without a doubt the most important win since who knows when.

Let's all rally around that and not get wrapped up in wild predictions that make no sense.Works both ways. You can be one of the people that constantly say the Bills suck and have no chance. When they lose you get to say, "see, I told you they suck". Yet get to enjoy a win because you're a fan.

BuffaloRedleg
09-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Works both ways. You can be one of the people that constantly say the Bills suck and have no chance. When they lose you get to say, "see, I told you they suck". Yet get to enjoy a win because you're a fan.

You are assuming that the enjoyment I would get out of being right (none) would be greater than the enjoyment out of the Bills winning (near tears).

Why do people always assume this?

Note: I was pretty clear about this in the original post. I think you should read it more clearly before jumping to OMFG HE HATES THE BILLS BECAUSE HE THINKS WE'LL LOSE.

better days
09-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Compared to whom? there's only one other rookie starting week one unless something crazy happens, Geno Smith. And yes, EJ is better than him.

Well, they also included Terrelle Pryor of the Raiders in the conversation even though he is technically not a Rookie.

And at draft time, Geno Smith was talked of as the best QB in the draft. EJ was a HUGE surprise to everyone.

But after preseason, the experts agree, the Bills made the right choice at QB.

better days
09-07-2013, 08:11 AM
saying ej is more likely to win his game than geno is like saying janet reno is more likely to win a beauty contest than roseanne

Everyone knows Roseanne is MUCH prettier than Janet.

And the Bills play the Pats* while the Jets play the Bucs & the Raiders play the Colts.

If the Bills win, it will be a HUGE upset.

MTBillsFan
09-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Why not the Bills? IMHO our skill position players are better across the board minus qb. The pats still have Lady Luck in Marsha Brady but this is a new era at One Bills Drive!

THATHURMANATOR
09-07-2013, 08:37 AM
LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

better days
09-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Why not the Bills? IMHO our skill position players are better across the board minus qb. The pats still have Lady Luck in Marsha Brady but this is a new era at One Bills Drive!

Why not the Bills, right here right now! Learn to love this team & this time.

I think the Bills defense & EJ will be the keys to this game.

The Bills defense need to throw the Pats* receivers off their routes, and put pressure on Brady.

EJ needs to protect the ball, no ints or fumbles & throw a couple TDs downfield. If EJ shows the Pats* he can throw downfield with accuracy, that will really help the run game with CJ & Fred.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Or Meathead is less of a negative nancy whiner than Op.

Turf
09-07-2013, 09:10 AM
I was convinced we would win until Gillmore went down. That's the fly in the ointment for me, we have no CB's.

trapezeus
09-07-2013, 09:37 AM
i just hope if we win its not because two bad teams can't win. i hope its inspiring effort of better things to come.

i think EJ could be a good QB. i'm worried with limited practice the last 2 weeks and the fact he struggled a bit (looked timid and not throwing the ball but rather pushing the ball forward) vs the indy starters, that there is going to be some nerves in the early going. It could be a drive, a quarter, a game, 4 games, a season, who knows. But i don't think he will automatically look better than fitz in first game..

doesn't mean he won't get better. but to expect him to look like a pro on day one vs our nemisis, is a lot to ask.

that being said if he delivers under that pressure, i'm pretty much sold on him.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2013, 10:06 AM
How about we just send a goon at Brady's knee. That's a sure win.

X-Era
09-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Talking to a friend about it...

There is a chance.

We have things in our favor.

Weaker Pats offensive weapons (man they are stupid for getting rid of Welker, etc..)
Confusing defense could lead to rattling Brady and getting pressure
Pressuing Brady is a way to beat the Pats
If we can let CJ be CJ
And then not expect EJ to win the game but rather just move the chains

That we have looked so fast and ready to play so far
There haven't been lot's of guys running free for long TD's with two defenders pointing at each other... They seem to know where to be
All of the things you're scared of with new schemes seem to not be a factor right now... they're ready to play, know where to be, and are well coached.

Theres a path to victory. But they also haven't proven anything yet.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

X-Era
09-07-2013, 10:26 AM
How about we just send a goon at Brady's knee. That's a sure win.
Had a vision in my head of an untouched Mario leveling Brady and knocking him out with a concussion...

This confusing defense could leave some rushers untouched...

justasportsfan
09-07-2013, 10:34 AM
this is the best chance for us to beat the Pats.

Yes Brady has seen our D before but against a different personnel.
He himself is playing with a different cast.
They will be in the experimental stage offensively. Without Gronk and Hernandez, McDaniels may go back to the offense they had when Moss was there.

I hope nerves don't get the best of EJ. He's come out slow in preseason games .

X-Era
09-07-2013, 10:38 AM
this is the best chance for us to beat the Pats.

Yes Brady has seen our D before but against a different personnel.
He himself is playing with a different cast.
They will be in the experimental stage offensively. Without Gronk and Hernandez, McDaniels may go back to the offense they had when Moss was there.

I hope nerves don't get the best of EJ. He's come out slow in preseason games .
My biggest worry is that Brady gets 3 hours to throw and torches our depleted secondary. I'm not that worried about our offense, I think we'll move the ball.

Owen DeBoard
09-07-2013, 10:40 AM
I think the Pats will run the ball a lot in this game.

X-Era
09-07-2013, 10:40 AM
I think the Pats will run the ball a lot in this game.I hope they try to.

Meathead
09-07-2013, 11:01 AM
pssh why would the cheats run more than usual when the bills wont have their best cb by far and their best safety by far

being the attention whore that he is, marcias gonna throw for eight tds just to piss peyton off

this is gonna be combining the dna of op, justa, and lecter to clone a baby ugly

Meathead
09-07-2013, 11:04 AM
im thinking something like 44-14

wth throw in my dna too. and clumps

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I think the Pats will run the ball a lot in this game.I agree. Hopefully Ridley is gunshy about his concussion.

better days
09-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I agree. Hopefully Ridley is gunshy about his concussion.

I am more concerned about Blount than Ridley myself.

Mr. Pink
09-07-2013, 01:00 PM
We have the worst secondary in football going out against arguably the best QB in football...

This is not a recipe for success.

paladin warrior
09-07-2013, 01:01 PM
How about we just send a goon at Brady's knee. That's a sure win.:injured::comedy:

chris66
09-07-2013, 01:03 PM
So let me get this straight. A rookie qb, throwing to other rookie wr's is better than a HOF qb throwing to rookie wr's(also Amendola is playing).
Add the fact that the pats oline is superior to the Bills.
Pats dline of Jones, Kelly, Wilfork and ninko is better than Branch, Dareus, williams.
Slight edge to bills running backs because of cj, but Pats have more depth there.
LB's arent even close. secondary is a push

Thurmal
09-07-2013, 03:03 PM
We have the worst secondary in football going out against arguably the best QB in football...

This is not a recipe for success.

I can't get over the "Brady is throwing to all new receivers!" excuse as to why he would struggle. I have seen him win Super Bowls with starting WRs that wouldn't even make this year's Bills team. He usually has all day to throw and is very accurate. Doesn't really matter who he is throwing to.

Oaf
09-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Had a vision in my head of an untouched Mario leveling Brady and knocking him out with a concussion...

And then going to jail for the next 10yrs. :cynic:

BillsImpossible
09-07-2013, 04:25 PM
I think the Pats will run the ball a lot in this game.

I'm drooling, slobbering all over myself like a dog watching his owner eat supper at the thought of such a thing.

The less Brady throws, the better. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats come out with 13 pass attempts in a row.

Belichick is going to attack the Bills biggest weakness on defense, which is the secondary. But things have changed in a major way for the Pats offense.

Belichick doesn't have his two big Tight Ends to toy around with, and the Bills now actually have a linebacker who can cover guys step for step in Kiko Alonso.

The Bills always got torched by Brady because nobody could ever cover Hernandez or Gronk. Kiko Alonso can cover Tight Ends, he can even cover CJ Spiller and proved it in training camp.

Kiko Alonso could be the key to the Bills pass coverage on Sunday. If he can handle the Tight Ends one on one, then our secondary can spend more time covering receivers and they will also get more help from the safeties. The Bills secondary could never do that in the past with Gronk and Hernandez on the field.

BillsImpossible
09-07-2013, 04:38 PM
I can't get over the "Brady is throwing to all new receivers!" excuse as to why he would struggle. I have seen him win Super Bowls with starting WRs that wouldn't even make this year's Bills team. He usually has all day to throw and is very accurate. Doesn't really matter who he is throwing to.

I agree, but the problem has never been this extreme for Brady...he always had at least one or two go to guys but now he has nothing but rookies across the board, and Danny Amendola. That's a little different than times past. Brady had security blankets in his Tight Ends back then, but now they're gone.

Tom Brady is an excellent quarterback, but he's not a magician.

cookie G
09-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm drooling, slobbering all over myself like a dog watching his owner eat supper at the thought of such a thing.

The less Brady throws, the better. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats come out with 13 pass attempts in a row.

You mean like game one of last year?

What did they have 250 yards on the ground?

It doesn't matter.. they look for a weakness and exploit it. That's basically why they ran in the first game. They saw something and went after it.

If they leave the run game open, they'll go after it.
If there is a certain area of the field on a pass play to exploit, they'll go after that.

As Kyle Williams said after the game, they don't usually force plays that aren't there and are very good at taking what the D gives.

Maybe Pettine can counter that, or lessen the effect by showing one look and shifting to another. Or better yet, actually adjust when NE starts exploiting a weak area.

BillsImpossible
09-07-2013, 05:20 PM
So let me get this straight. A rookie qb, throwing to other rookie wr's is better than a HOF qb throwing to rookie wr's(also Amendola is playing).
Pats dline of Jones, Kelly, Wilfork and ninko is better than Branch, Dareus, williams.
Slight edge to bills running backs because of cj, but Pats have more depth there.

Never said EJ was better than Brady, but the Bills wide receivers are better than the Pats wide receivers.

Pats o-line is superior to the Bills because they have Tom Brady behind them. Give them Fitzpatrick, or any other average QB and see how well they do.

D-line - hard to judge because it's so new. What if Dareus returns to form and plays up to his draft day expectations in Pettine's 3-4 system that he was designed to play in by Nick Saban? Dareus had a down year in 2012 because of Wannstedt's bright idea to switch to the 4-3.

Linebackers - again, hard to judge because they're so new, but Jerod Mayo, Dont'a Hightower, Jamie Collins, Dane Fletcher, Brandon Spikes, and Chris White do not impress me much after looking up all of their stats. Collins is a rookie.

Compare that group to Kiko Alonso, Nigel Bradham, Marcus Dowtin, Jerry Hughes, Manny Lawson, and Jamaal Westerman.

Push.

BillsImpossible
09-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Michael Hoomanawanui and Zach Sudfeld (rookie) will be the starting Tight Ends for the Patriots tomorrow afternoon.

If that doesn't get you pumped up for a win, just drink more beer.

better days
09-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Yes, the Pats* have Brady, but the one thing being overlooked by everyone is SPEED.

The Bills have MUCH MORE speed than the Pats* on Offense, Defense & special teams.

Wilfork will be dragging his fat as by the start of the 3rd qtr.

And speaking of special teams, the Bills have MUCH Better special teams than the Pats* do.

BillsImpossible
09-07-2013, 06:18 PM
I'd like to see the 36 year old Tom Brady run the read option like EJ Manuel will.

better days
09-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Brady>EJ
Stevie & Bills other receivers> Amendola & Pats* other receivers

Pats* OL = Bills OL. BOTH Volmer & Solder looked less than impressive this preseason.

Pats* DL = Bills DL And don't forget about Carrington for the Bills, I expect him to play well in this defense.

Slight edge to the Bills RBs? You are CRAZY. HUGE edge to the Bills RBs

Nobody on the Pats* has the speed of Spiller & if Fred was on the Pats*, he would be their #1 RB.

BOTH speed & Depth at RB for the Bills

Bills RBs MUCH> Pats* RBs

BillsLBs=Pats*LBs

Kiko will run sideline to sideline. Hughes will put pressure on Brady. Lawson can pressure Brady & cover the TE.

Pats* CBs> Bills CBs because Gilmore is out. Talib is by far the best CB in this game.

Special teams Bills> Pats*

Speed is the X factor in this game & the Bills have a LOT of it. The Pats* not so much

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Here's the bottom line. If you want to be a homer, you'll say Bills have an advantage. If you want to be a negative nancy whiner, you'll say are you kidding me the Pats are going to crush us.

chris66
09-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Here's the bottom line. If you want to be a homer, you'll say Bills have an advantage. If you want to be a negative nancy whiner, you'll say are you kidding me the Pats are going to crush us.

Homer or not there is no way you can say the bills have any advantage. The entire Bills offense is one big question mark. the biggest at qb.

I know what the pats offense can do as well as the running game.

JoeMama
09-07-2013, 07:01 PM

That's pretty generous.

You could just say homers = win and nancies = loss.

No need to pre-emptively cover for the homers by saying they believe in some trifling "advantages" without explaining what in the world those advantages are.

BertSquirtgum
09-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Bills win.

jills
09-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Never said EJ was better than Brady, but the Bills wide receivers are better than the Pats wide receivers.

Pats o-line is superior to the Bills because they have Tom Brady behind them. Give them Fitzpatrick, or any other average QB and see how well they do.

D-line - hard to judge because it's so new. What if Dareus returns to form and plays up to his draft day expectations in Pettine's 3-4 system that he was designed to play in by Nick Saban? Dareus had a down year in 2012 because of Wannstedt's bright idea to switch to the 4-3.

Linebackers - again, hard to judge because they're so new, but Jerod Mayo, Dont'a Hightower, Jamie Collins, Dane Fletcher, Brandon Spikes, and Chris White do not impress me much after looking up all of their stats. Collins is a rookie.

Compare that group to Kiko Alonso, Nigel Bradham, Marcus Dowtin, Jerry Hughes, Manny Lawson, and Jamaal Westerman.

Push.

LMAO!

Homer much?

X-Era
09-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Homer or not there is no way you can say the bills have any advantage. The entire Bills offense is one big question mark. the biggest at qb.

I know what the pats offense can do as well as the running game.You actually know none of this...

None of us do. It's all new and has not been on the field yet.

In fact, even the Pats have significant change.

So claiming you know anything about what they will do or what we won't has no basis.

Beebe's Kid
09-07-2013, 09:46 PM
You have to admire some fans belief in the players on this team.

There is a reason that BB is a HOF coach. He knows how to win games. He will find a crack and keep hammering at it. If the Pats run, it is because we aren't stopping it.

Also, there has never been a coach, in my memory anyway, that has been able to adapt to having new personnel better than BB. The reason he had a two TE system was because he had two TE. That is it. Without two TE, he will go to using whatever he has.

If the Bills don't get to Brady, this game will go the way they usually do. Brady needs to be forced into making quick decisions that end up translating into mistakes.

I don't think that a Bills win in entirely impossible. What is impossible is knowing how the coaching staff is going to make adjustments, and/or control the pace of the game. They might do very well, and that will be a change, or else they will bite at BB's bait, panic, over-react, and get the team torched. Considering the injuries in the secondary, that may very well happen.

The offense is something that we have no realistic expectations of what we are going to see. EJ has barely played. The only player that we have an idea of what we are going to get is CJ. That is never a problem, unless that is all we have going on offense. If so, he will be tripped up in the backfield.

Again, not saying that the Bills can't win, as I don't enough about what they have. Tomorrow is the great unveiling, as it were. I will predict that we miss Levitre tomorrow. We will be sad that he isn't on the OL. Also...people that say the LBs are a push with NE...I don't think that will be the case tomorrow. I would love to get proven incorrect on that, but our lack of depth is going to show. This team does have some talent, but not enough of it. Inexperience and lack of depth will be on display.

For fun, I'll say the Bills will win, because I would love to see it happen. Even though that is my pick, I will be a little surprised if it happens, but who wouldn't be? I hope tomorrow that everybody is piling praise on betterdays and NOTTHEDUDE. The only ones who knew it all along...

Mr. Pink
09-07-2013, 10:18 PM
I agree, but the problem has never been this extreme for Brady...he always had at least one or two go to guys but now he has nothing but rookies across the board, and Danny Amendola. That's a little different than times past. Brady had security blankets in his Tight Ends back then, but now they're gone.

Tom Brady is an excellent quarterback, but he's not a magician.

He has? Reche Caldwell has lead the Pats in receptions while Brady was there.

David Givens and Deion Branch were nobodies without Brady.

notacon
09-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I would love for this prediction to come true.

I see a 1 in 1000 chance it will.

Ej is not ready. Brady is.

The Bills have not shown that they will even be a mediocre team. The Pats have shown that they are still a great team.

This could get ugly.