PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Spread Option Coaches...

Thundering Buffalo
09-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Now that we have EJ and Hackett running the Offense I'm hoping we can finally see an O Coordinator not bastardize this offense. Running read is all fine and well, but when are we going to see some triple, shovel, and speed option run correctly with QB's attacking down hill outside shoulder forcing these DE's to commit. Our audible was to trap a 3 tech and shovel a 1 tech, hate seeing shovels run to a 3 in NFL! Could you imagine Goodwin out of the slot on Jet or motioned into the speed option out of triple with CJ running the read underneath. I'm praying Hackett has kept it in his hip pocket during preseason only to rock NE defense with it on Sunday. Here's one coaches hope for Sunday!!

Mace
09-07-2013, 06:46 PM
You badly overjargoned me.

Yes, I think.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Jargasm

chris66
09-07-2013, 06:59 PM
read option coaches need to be wary of this. Harbaugh is

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9642601/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-calls-nfl-ruling-read-option-plays-flawed-bit-biased

Thundering Buffalo
09-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Harbaugh is concerned because these idiots like Jeff Fisher who know nothing about the option think option QBs r looking for an advantage when all there looking for is their QBs from getting popped for not reason after the hand off

alohabillsfan
09-08-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm holding out for the quad option.. Anything less is so yesterday 🏈

Don't Panic
09-08-2013, 09:12 AM
The Old Ball Coach went spread option on 4th and Goal at the 1/2 yard line yesterday and they got stuffed for a loss. That had more to do with timing than the actually system. I just hope Hackett finds a way to continuously reach into what should be a very big bag of tricks and keep Ds guessing.

Thundering Buffalo
09-08-2013, 08:34 PM
So much for hoping Hackett would be innovative running the option EXTREMELY vanilla. The only option play I say was read and EJ needs to pull it every once in a while to keep the defense honest