• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Nice offensive philosophy

First year everything and we don't huddle? At all? Even with the lead trying to wind down the clock? Total idiocy.

How bout let them huddle and get their **** together to make sure they know every play is important and not to drop WIDE OPEN passes.

And no runs out of the i formation? Doesn't suit CJ's skills very well. He needs a couple steps to get to top speed, instead he gets the ball flat footed every time. And run a ****ing screen for ****s sake. Very skeptical about this new offensive coordinator.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Nice offensive philosophy

Huddling sucks. It gives the defense an advantage. I like the idea of not huddling.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

And if we would of won it would of been brilliant ! Nice armchair

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
        And if we would of won it would of been brilliant ! Nice armchair
        Nope.

This offense, win or lose, is boring.

It's going to cost a few more losses along the way too if adjustments aren't made.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

I don't have a problem with not huddling. The offensive game plan just plain sucked Short dink and dunk and CJ out of the eye. That's not playing to your players strengths. Not impressed with this coaching staffs first game.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
            Nope.

This offense, win or lose, is boring.

It's going to cost a few more losses along the way too if adjustments aren't made.
            Come on Mr. Pink, of course adjustments will be made. This is game 1.

Comment

• Gilly
              Go Sabres!!
              • Sep 2012

New England needed a last second FG to win...

I love where this team is headed....

Buffalo has a boatload of fans who do nothing but *****, whine, and moan dont they??

“A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness,"

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                New England needed a last second FG to win...

I love where this team is headed....

Buffalo has a boatload of fans who do nothing but *****, whine, and moan dont they??

And New England needed a last second INT to win last time.

Same chapter, different verse.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                  First year everything and we don't huddle? At all? Even with the lead trying to wind down the clock? Total idiocy.

How bout let them huddle and get their **** together to make sure they know every play is important and not to drop WIDE OPEN passes.

And no runs out of the i formation? Doesn't suit CJ's skills very well. He needs a couple steps to get to top speed, instead he gets the ball flat footed every time. And run a ****ing screen for ****s sake. Very skeptical about this new offensive coordinator.
                  I'm all for the no-huddle...until you have the lead in the 4th!!!!!

Couldn't agree more about Spiller.

Comment

• Fixxxer
                    • Jul 2002

I like the no huddle offense and there is no way to ace it if you don't practice it.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

no huddle is fine once and a while, but not if you're getting 20 minutes of the ball vs 40 minutes for the opponent. 37:43 minutes vs. 22:17 minutes in this game. The Patriots had the ball an entire quarter longer. ugh.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

I love blaming the no huddle for dropped passes. Very logical.
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Buffalogic
                          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                          • Feb 2006

Mike you are a fool for acting like the no huddle has to be run 100% of the time under any circumstance. No huddle with the lead late in the fourth quarter with a brand new team trying to learn themselves is a joke.

Only a veteran team possibly could be forgiven for that if they had an excellent track record, but even then it is still a terrible strategy. The bills are unproven so it an even worse strategy. Open your eyes or shut your mouth.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                            no huddle is fine once and a while, but not if you're getting 20 minutes of the ball vs 40 minutes for the opponent. 37:43 minutes vs. 22:17 minutes in this game. The Patriots had the ball an entire quarter longer. ugh.
                            Yeah and you can tell that our D was winded. As a no huddle quick pace offense if you're picking up first downs and scoring points but sadly we weren't and it think it really hurt our D in the end.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post

Wagon I feel ya, but don't you sort of think it's good that they are attacking? Maybe I'm just so sick of pussball that I'm happy to see them attacking nonstop.

I don't think it worked this time. It's a team finding it's identity. You'll notice they didn't stop in the 4th quarter. That might be stupid, but man, that's balls we haven't seen since the SB years. That's worth something right?

Comment

Working...
                              X