PDA

View Full Version : Spiller

chernobylwraiths
09-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Somebody should have jammed their fingers down Spillers throat to make him throw up because Fred was much more effective.

Novacane
09-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Freddie should of played the 2nd half. Go with the guy that's producing. Not pleased with Marone.

paladin warrior
09-08-2013, 03:53 PM
he fumble the ball in the 1st qrt..... jeeeez

Beebe's Kid
09-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Freddie is a player. I like how people all but gave up on him. Clearly, his teammates didn't. You see the C on his chest. There is a reason, and that reason is the guy is all ****ing guts. He has never been the fastest guy in town, just intuitive and consistent.

We have a little red Corvette, and we have an old Buick LeSabre (French for the saber) with a 3.8 engine in it. The Corvette is fun, but there isn't any trunk room...we had an offense to haul around today, and should have taken the Buick.

paladin warrior
09-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Thank a lot Spiller :blowup::rage: :stick:---wake up Spiller

paladin warrior
09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
C.J Spiller don't how hold the F***ing ball

Mace
09-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I've never been sure he's meant to be a workhorse back anyway. Just needed a lot more touches.

Lucidvizion
09-08-2013, 05:50 PM
To me it seemed like too many of Spiller's carries had him running between the tackles... he's just not that type of back.

OpIv37
09-08-2013, 07:25 PM
To me it seemed like too many of Spiller's carries had him running between the tackles... he's just not that type of back.

a coach misusing Spiller? Fancy the thought....

YardRat
09-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Sucked.

Oh, I'm sorry...I thought this was a fill-in-the-blank thread.

GreedoII
09-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Does anyone recall him takng a huge shot early in the game when he lowered his head and called over to the sidelines to be taken out? Do you??? I think he got his bell rang and wasn't the same even after the fumble. Plus we will see a different offensive look next week and as they said in training camp that they gameplan based on opp every week for what type of off looks they are going to run. So I will hold them to it and see if it looks a bit diff which it should.

Somebody should have jammed their fingers down Spillers throat to make him throw up because Fred was much more effective.

DraftBoy
09-09-2013, 06:23 AM
What do you want him to do when the defense loads the box and he's looking at an 8 man front. Fred was most effective after EJ hit some throws down the field that led to the D sitting back some.

CJ will be fine, but this was not a good game from him.

Historian
09-09-2013, 06:30 AM
I agree, DB.

Clearly it was BB's gameplan to stop him, which they did.

I believe he is going to have more 150 yard days than not.

kishoph
09-09-2013, 07:37 AM
It was obvious that the Pats were keying on Spiller, Coach Sal said that he and Mark Kelso who were in the box could see/hear that the Pats defensive game plan was to stop Spiller and make Manuel try and beat them. If a good defense is keyed to stopping a back, they can do it. Adrian Peterson's first run went for 78 yards yesterday, his next 17 carries went for 15 yards.
There's nothing wrong with Spiller, the Pats defense did a great job of stopping him. Jackson might have had better success because the Pats defense may also have been thinking pass because of Jackson's pass blocking skill. Also I think Jackson is a little better at finding the smallest of holes than Spiller is.

justasportsfan
09-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Spiller plays best in open space. There wasn't space because we weren't hitting deep balls enough to open up the short to middle lanes.

chernobylwraiths
09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Then they should have used Spiller more as a decoy in misdirection plays.

I hope the coaches learn that they need to adapt quickly if their gameplan isn't working.

kishoph
09-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Then they should have used Spiller more as a decoy in misdirection plays.

I hope the coaches learn that they need to adapt quickly if their gameplan isn't working.

Agreed, that mixed in with some play action, but Hackett will learn from this, it was his 1st game as an OC. There will be growing pains, but they need to learn from them and progress.

justasportsfan
09-09-2013, 10:58 AM
I expect CJ to bounce back this sunday and take it out on the Panthers. Bills should win this game.

sukie
09-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Here's a thought. Run Spiller until the redzone then yank him. You wouldn't want him TOO winded. A coach that recognizes a player in winded is soarly needed. (I kid)

Crisis
09-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I expect CJ to bounce back this sunday and take it out on the Panthers. Bills should win this game.

Not going to hold my breath. The Panthers front 7 is pretty insane and shut down the Seattle running game pretty easily.

GvilleBills
09-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Not going to hold my breath. The Panthers front 7 is pretty insane and shut down the Seattle running game pretty easily.
Yeah, Panthers D can get nasty. I fully expect a slugfest. I worry about their LBers tbh.

Typ0
09-10-2013, 11:27 AM
If Spiller has a bad #s season because every time he hits the field he takes the attention of 11 defenders that is AWESOME! And to think people want to *****!!!! WOW that opens so many things up and takes pressure of the entire offense...Poor poor CJ had a bad day my ass!!!

GvilleBills
09-10-2013, 11:32 AM
I think he felt the pressure of expectations a bit. He's a good kid, who wants to please. Once he settles down and stops dancing, he'll be alright. Hit the hole and juke the 2nd level out of their cleats on way to the endzone.