PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls/Goats

The Natrix
09-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Balls:

McKelvin - Seems like he's still making a slow, positive progression

EJ - Wasn't great, but the only way I'm giving him a goat is if he makes a lot of dumb mistakes, which he didn't.

Pettine - Most of NE's success on O seemed to be on the D player, not the coach. It looked like Pettine put them in a position to hopefully succeed.

Kiko - Nice instincts. Hopefully he gets even better and proves to not be injury prone.

Goats:

Marrone - It's only one game, so hopefully things change, but I was not impressed.

Hackett - I was not a fan of how CJ was utilized. Handing off to CJ up the middle w/ no lead blocker isn't working. Even if he eventually breaks one for a TD I don't feel like it makes up for all the times it puts the O in a 2-11 or a 3-ll. I'm guessing the time clock management was due in big part to Marrone having to big a say. Hopefully the HC chills a bit.

Grahm and Goodwin. Both were WTF picks on draft day, and their play hasn't changed the WTF perception.

imbondz
09-08-2013, 04:36 PM
we can't be running no huddle all game and letting the other team have 15 more minutes of possession. can't win with that philosophy

Beebe's Kid
Game balls to the D. They did a great job. They rattled the man that has calmly picked this team apart for over a decade. Well done.

Goats...Hackett's lack of clock management, and Stevie for dropping the ball.

northernbillfan
The game clock was the biggest goat and whomever was in control of running it down in the fourth. Whether that be Marrone or EJ. The Bills could have run enough time off the clock on both late quarter possessions.

Owen DeBoard
I would have to give Fred a game ball the guy ran hard every play.

YardRat
09-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Kelly's---Pettine and the D, Manuel, FJax.

Ferragamo's---Stevie and CJ.

Skooby
09-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Goat- Stevie.

Gameball - Our short goal defense.

The Natrix
09-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I would have to give Fred a game ball the guy ran hard every play.

Absolutely, good call

I can't give Stevie either because he played well but the drop was just too big in order to give him a ball.

OpIv37
09-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Game Balls: McKelvin, Fred Jackson.

Goats: CJ, Stevie Johnson and Chandler. These guys are vets who should have done more to help a rookie QB.

coastal
09-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Balls - McKelvin, Freddie
Goats - Fool's Gold and Stevie

Night Train
09-08-2013, 08:24 PM
How could anyone not give a gameball to Fred J ???? He was our best player on the field by a country mile.

If Hackett kept feeding him the ball via run or pass, we win the game.

TigerJ
09-08-2013, 08:39 PM
we can't be running no huddle all game and letting the other team have 15 more minutes of possession. can't win with that philosophyWith execution like that, no. The no huddle can be a winning philosophy, but they need to cut way back on penalties. Nothing kills a drive faster than penalties.

feldspar
09-09-2013, 01:00 AM
I'd probably give a ball to Searcy too.

alohabillsfan
09-09-2013, 03:13 AM
Game balls - Freddie, mcelvin, woods
Goats - Stevie, spiller and chandler

jamze132
09-09-2013, 03:19 AM
Kelly's - Jackson, McKelvin

Chris Watson's - All of the coaches - 12 men on the field how many times? Illegal formations? Stevie

Historian
09-09-2013, 05:25 AM
Game Ball:

McKelvin
Searchy
Darius
F Jax

Honorable Mention: Manuel looked preety good considering he just had knee surgety a few weeks ago.

Goats:

Spiller flat out stunk.
Stevie Johnson 2013 Drop Count: TWO
Mangini...I mean Marrone, running a no-huddle with 3 min to go and the ball.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Balls: None, they lost.
Goats: Dareus, Spiller, and Marrone's stupid challenge.

DraftBoy
09-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Balls: None, they lost.
Goats: Dareus, Spiller, and Marrone's stupid challenge.

How does Dareus get a goat? He was our best defensive player on Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

Kelly's: Dareus, Alonso, Woods, McKelvin, Jackson, and Manuel

Ferragamo's: Stevie, Chandler, Glenn, Coaching

Penalties are going to kill this team far more than T.O.P. will.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2013, 06:18 AM
How does Dareus get a goat? He was our best defensive player on Sunday.

I guess we watched 2 different games.
The game I watched he barley got off the LOS

I think Searcy/McKelvin. would have something to say about that.

DraftBoy
09-09-2013, 06:20 AM
I guess we watched 2 different games.
The game I watched he barley got off the LOS

I think Searcy/McKelvin. would have something to say about that.

I have no idea what game you watched then, he was consistently in the backfield, set the edge incredibly well, and even dropped into zone coverage at least three times including one PBU. He was all over Brady.

Why? Did either one of them manage to shut down Amendola when covering him as both did at different points in the game?

TacklingDummy
09-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Why? Did either one of them manage to shut down Amendola when covering him as both did at different points in the game?. Searcy 9 tackles,1 sack, 1 fumble recover for 73 yard Touchdown. Yep, Dareus was the Bills best player on defense. :rolleyes:

Dareus was so good he had 6 tackles, No Tackles for loss, no sacks, and was continuously on the LOS getting no push into the backfield on most pass plays.

Historian
09-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Darius almost had an INT on one pass. I thought he played well yesterday.

DraftBoy
09-09-2013, 06:27 AM
. Searcy 9 tackles,1 sack, 1 fumble recover for 73 yard Touchdown. Yep, Dareus was the Bills best player on defense. :rolleyes:

Dareus was so good he had 6 tackles, No Tackles for loss, no sacks, and was continuously on the LOS getting no push into the backfield on most pass plays.

So he had a sack and a scoop and score and I'm supposed to ignore the fact the he couldn't have covered you or I on Sunday on a passing route?

6 tackles for a 34 DE is incredibly good, you're trying to justify an argument using box score stats and what I consider to be a misrepresentation of how he played on Sunday. I saw plenty of push, I saw set edges, I saw pressure, and most of all I saw motor.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2013, 06:34 AM
I need to get some sleep but I just re-watched the Pats last drive.
Dareus seldom makes it 2 yards off the LOS and is pushed all over the place, it's truly sad how manhandled he was.
I really wonder sometimes what game some people are watching.
To say he was the best player on defense is quite laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

6 tackles for a 34 DE is incredibly good, you're trying to justify an argument using box score stats and what I consider to be a misrepresentation of how he played on Sunday. I saw plenty of push, I saw set edges, I saw pressure, and most of all I saw motor.
LOL

GingerP
09-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Darius almost had an INT on one pass. I thought he played well yesterday.

Darius & Williams I thought both were bringing it inside. They were collapsing the pocket and getting pressure. They may have tired late, but the Pats dominated time of possession so you expect guys to get worn down. The outside pressure was lacking, as Mario and Hughes didn't bring it. Teams are going to try to get Hughes to jump off-sides a lot, he needs to be more disciplined.

Overall, they were very competitive defensively. The secondary played well considering how shorthanded they were, although I'd like to see a better job against the run.

The biggest disappointment, by far, were all the penalties. You can blame the youth, but none of the penalties were committed by a rookie, and eight of them were pre-snap penalties (including twice getting caught with 12 men on the field). If they clean that up and cut out the turnovers they can win some games this year.

Bills Juggernaut
09-09-2013, 08:49 AM
So he had a sack and a scoop and score and I'm supposed to ignore the fact the he couldn't have covered you or I on Sunday on a passing route?

I actually was thinking the same thing after the game. I thought he was horrible in the passing game. I think the sack and the fumble were easy plays that he made (he was untouched on the sack, and the fumble just fell at his feet and he ran somewhat fast to score an easy TD). Didn't think he played well at all.

Uncle Jesse
09-09-2013, 09:15 AM
The Good:

-Manuels first game, looked like he knew what he was doing. Not turnovers, 2 TDs.

-The O-Line. Really did a nice job in protection, giving up zero sacks. Running game wasn't doing a ton, but Jackson did a good job I thought.

-Powells punts, really nice job, not someone you want on the field, but he pinned them back a few times.

-Secondary was decent, considering the options. Defense as a whole did a lot better than most expected.

-Manny Lawson. Seemed to be all over the place.

The Bad:

-Losing.

-Spiller, he didn't look himself at all.

-I personally didn't like the clock management on the last drive before the Pats FG, I understand Marrones explanation, but I disagree with it.

The Ugly:

-Starting 0-1.

- The drops, holy ****, Johnson, Chandler, etc...

-The penalties...pathetic, too many, just can't happen.

Not gonna be much easier this week with the Panthers coming in, whose defense is stout.

JoeMama
09-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Eric Wood quietly put together a decent game. I kept an eye on him against Vince Wilfork and he held up pretty well one on one.

Now if we could get a decent LG next to him...

We definitely felt the loss of Andy Levitre yesterday.

JoeMama
09-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Stevie Johnson was the biggest dog out there.

If you're going to talk a bunch of trash, you can't drop a huge third down conversion.

We could have closed this thing out.

Historian
09-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Given the move towards motivated, young players, who's heads are actually in the game, I was surprised he even made the final roster.