• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Worse time mgt EVER!

Well that was a piss poor example of time management.

What a great example of how to lose a game though.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Worse time mgt EVER!

If Stevie catches the ball, Marrone's a genius.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

personally dont have a prob with using the up tempo offense almost the whole way. maybe two-ish minutes then yeah try to bleed but thats about it

they are gonna have to keep trying it like that for a while to see if their statistical analysis works in its favor in the long run. so get used to it
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I think that's a moot point. The Bills still ran a hurry up on the second last possession. And on the last possession they were running plays while there was still 2 or more seconds on teh play clock. Piss poor clock control.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

yeah i didnt notice how much time they were leaving on the clock before the snap so that might be a valid point
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

You leave Brady 2 minutes & 3 timeouts up by less than a TD, you'll have issues.

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by northernbillfan View Post
              I think that's a moot point. The Bills still ran a hurry up on the second last possession. And on the last possession they were running plays while there was still 2 or more seconds on teh play clock. Piss poor clock control.
              Actually I think they leaving 8 seconds or more on the play clock.

It would have been a good time to slow it down, throw the beefster fullback in there and pound them some and give the D a little more time to gather themselves for a final effort. As other people have said, rookie HC and rookie OC too.We'll see if they learn from it or get stubborn and defensive in the postgame comments.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

They would have scored on the last drive anyway. They killed the last minute of clock once they were in fg range

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                  You leave Brady 2 minutes & 3 timeouts up by less than a TD, you'll have issues.
                  What? Marrone did not face Brady when he was coaching the powerhouse Syracuse team?

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    They would have scored on the last drive anyway. They killed the last minute of clock once they were in fg range
                    There's no way to tell what could have or would have happened, but it was pretty notable to watch for for future reference. The 90's Bills were masters of speed, but knew when to slow it down. Just need to wait and see how it goes down the road. If the same issue keeps popping up, well.....

Comment

• Cleve
                      • Oct 2004

Stevie Johnson blows an important catch in a big game. IMAGINE THAT?

Bottom line is, good teams find ways to win games like today's. Mediocre teams find a way to lose them. Despite all the hoopla about "Change" some things don't change at 1 Bills Drive.
                      Last edited by Cleve; 09-08-2013, 06:32 PM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                      per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Cleve View Post
                        Stevie Johnson blows an important catch in a big game. IMAGINE THAT?

Bottom line is, good teams find ways to win games like today's. Mediocre teams find a way to lose them. Despite all the hoopla about "Change" some things don't change at 1 Bills Drive.
                        Good teams have never been instantly made. This is not a veteran team experienced in their schemes. It's brand new. The loss aggravates me too for how it ended but if you didn't see any change you haven't been watching them lately.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                          • Aug 2013

Jesus ****ing christ. The team gets an identity and shows some balls and you guys flip out. ****ing vaginas.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                            Dont tell them that... it completely takes away their argument. Bottom line is that we can run no huddle until about 3 minutes left in the game, especially if your opponent has timeouts left. Clock management didn't affect the outcome if this game, unless you are making the argument that it put our D on the field way too long.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                              Jesus ****ing christ. The team gets an identity and shows some balls and you guys flip out. ****ing vaginas.
                              What identity is that? Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

This team has been doing that back to the Jauron era.

Comment

Working...
                              X