Some semi-organized post game comments on yet another Bills choke job.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Some semi-organized post game comments on yet another Bills choke job.....

-I predicted a blowout and the Bills kept this game a lot closer than I expected. That being said, I almost wish it was a blowout. It's one thing to get beat by a team that's clearly better- it's another thing to piss away a victory in the last minute in a winnable game.

-**** CJ for the fumble and being basically invisible
    -**** Stevie Johnson for yet another inopportune drop
    -**** Chandler for 2 penalties (or was it 3?) and a big drop
    -The net result of the above was that the experienced guys didn't make EJ's debut any easier. The only one who really came through for him on offense was Fred Jackson, who was the only consistent player on offense.

-EJ made some ****ing terrible plays and some very astute plays- the encouraging thing is that, for the most part, the bad plays came early and the good plays came late.

-Most of Vereen's running was a result of inexcusably bad tackling.
    -The pass rush was inconsistent and the "creep" D (no one with their hands in the dirt) was consistently ineffective. This may be because the Bills used to do it and the Jets did it under Pettine before, so the Pats have seen it many, many times.
    -That "scrub" Edelmann had no problems getting open against our DB's.
    -Kiko played well
    -Despite general struggles by the secondary, McKelvin had his best defensive game as a Bill and Leonard was solid.

-The return game was non-existent outside of one play, but S/T coverage and punts were excellent.

-A lot of what happened in this game was Marrone's fault. Far too many penalties (lack of discipline), that stupid early challenge, poor clock management, far too many mistakes (drops, turnovers, missed tackles) even for a young team, sticking with the "creep" despite the lack of effectiveness.

-All that being said, there were some positive developments as well. This game was in danger of getting completely out of hand early, but the players also had the mental toughness to stick with it. And the Bills were able to make adjustments after a slow start. It's too soon to tell, but I suspect (or at least hope) that the early struggles were a result of jitters from a young team, which will go away in time. The lack of talent in the Pats' receiving corps and the inexperience of the Bills make this a really tough game to evaluate.

NOTE TO MODS: My post-game comments used to be an article on the front page- you can do that with this if you want, but I may not have time to do it every week.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Some semi-organized post game comments on yet another Bills choke job.....

Kiko did not play well and was moved out with ease many plays. Nice try. Vereen had 14-101 running right up the middle, coming off the bench. Kiko needs to get off of blocks. Give him time.

If the Bills feed Fred Jackson the ball more, they win. I hope Marrone can see who his best player is after week 1 and adjust the gameplan accordingly. Spiller is Mr. "change of pace " .

" I almost wish it was a blowout " ??? What ?

Rookie HC, Rookie QB , new schemes on both sides of the ball, inferior roster 10 players short, tons of penalties and mistakes, beating themselves for 80 % of the game...and they lose in the last 5 seconds.

Perspective.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
      Kiko did not play well and was moved out with ease many plays. Nice try. Vereen had 14-101 running right up the middle, coming off the bench. Kiko needs to get off of blocks. Give him time.

If the Bills feed Fred Jackson the ball more, they win. I hope Marrone can see who his best player is after week 1 and adjust the gameplan accordingly. Spiller is Mr. "change of pace " .

" I almost wish it was a blowout " ??? What ?

Rookie HC, Rookie QB , new schemes on both sides of the ball, inferior roster 10 players short, tons of penalties and mistakes, beating themselves for 80 % of the game...and they lose in the last 5 seconds.

Perspective.
      ok, poor choice of words- what I meant is that the the blowouts are easier to deal with than the constant heart-wrenching chokes.

Perspective? I hear all off-season about how depleted the Pats are, how they lost their top 5 WR's, how Brady has no one to throw to, how they're old, how they're vulnerable, and now I'm supposed to be somehow satisfied or encouraged that they only lost by choking in the last minute? Please.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Nobody outside of Bills fandom even gave this team a chance. At least they showed they could belong on the field of play, which is pretty significant for such a young team.

We're not going to go from beaten and downtrodden to Super Bowl contenders in one game.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• 2slowtogofast
          • Sep 2007

The only thing that matters to me is EJ. I am happy he continues to show progress. With an elite QB (hopefully EJ becomes one) all the rest falls into place. Without one none of it really matters.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

in a way it was a blowout. they were outgained by 150 yds and really were only in it due to extreme gifts from the magical cheaters

mostly when it counted the bills were a mistake machine today. some encouraging stuff was happening too but the steady stream of mistakes was alarming. god tried to give them the game today and they handed it right back

most weeks if you commit that many unforced errors you will get blown out by any opponent. big breaks made it look closer than it was. lots of work to do
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Nobody outside of Bills fandom even gave this team a chance. At least they showed they could belong on the field of play, which is pretty significant for such a young team.

We're not going to go from beaten and downtrodden to Super Bowl contenders in one game.
              Fair enough.

Still no excuse for penalties, fumbles by vets like Spiller, drops by vets like Chandler and Johnson, etc. Cut the mistakes by vets in half, we win.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                in a way it was a blowout. they were outgained by 150 yds and really were only in it due to extreme gifts from the magical cheaters

mostly when it counted the bills were a mistake machine today. some encouraging stuff was happening too but the steady stream of mistakes was alarming. god tried to give them the game today and they handed it right back

most weeks if you commit that many unforced errors you will get blown out by any opponent. big breaks made it look closer than it was. lots of work to do
                Shhhhhhh..... no place for reality with a fan base that's satisfied cuz we didn't get blown out by 50.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                  • Sep 2007

I remeber Kiko had a very nice goalline td saving tackle and you could hear the pop and he also kept Ridley from recovering his own fumble and recovered a fumble I cant ask much more out of the rook he had a very good game in my opinion.
                  To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

EJ hasn't had live action for weeks now, just to be clear here about his start.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      ok, poor choice of words- what I meant is that the the blowouts are easier to deal with than the constant heart-wrenching chokes.

Perspective? I hear all off-season about how depleted the Pats are, how they lost their top 5 WR's, how Brady has no one to throw to, how they're old, how they're vulnerable, and now I'm supposed to be somehow satisfied or encouraged that they only lost by choking in the last minute? Please.
                      I read from you that this season was going to be " a disaster " and this would blowout loss. Sounds like face saving to me. Now you're a Pats apologist ?

Your degree of satisfaction ? What a load. I hear the Spin Doctors playing 20 year old tunes on the radio.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                        I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                        • Jul 2005

and this would blowout loss.
                        OP predicted the Bills would lose by 28 poinst if Manuel played so he was off by 25 points

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I read from you that this season was going to be " a disaster " and this would blowout loss. Sounds like face saving to me. Now you're a Pats apologist ?

Your degree of satisfaction ? What a load. I hear the Spin Doctors playing 20 year old tunes on the radio.
                          We're 0-1.

You're ready to say the season isn't a disaster cuz we almost didn't lose the first game? Please.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                            OP predicted the Bills would lose by 28 poinst if Manuel played so he was off by 25 points
                            Yup, I was right on the outcome but very wrong on the margin.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Thundering Buffalo
                              • Jan 2010

This team is loaded with rookies and first time coaches they will improve with each game if this is the baseline then I think we have something to look forward to

Comment

Working...
                              X