PDA

View Full Version : Mixxum's Sh**ty Weekend

mixxum
09-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Like most Bills fans, I went into this weekend with only a glimmer of hope that the Bills would win. I was one of the mopes that thought it was going to be the Pats by 14 to 20 points and the game would be over by the half. I EVEN TOLD MY WIFE THAT IF I HAD AN EXTRA GRAND I WOULD LAY IT DOWN THAT THE BILLS WOULD NOT COVER THE SPREAD. Easy money I thought. To top it off I was working 13 hour shifts, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 6 pm to 7 am. Also Sunday morning I got out late. I work in an ICU unit in a CNY hospital. Home by ten am Sunday morning, a few hours of sleep, watch the Bills (with little hope of a victory) and then finish off my last 13 hour shift. When I left work Sunday morning I noticed on the schedule we were over staffed Sunday night. I asked for the night off. Of course I was told no. "What if there are call-ins tonight" I was told, made sense but Mixxum didn't want to hear that. So I put my self on the cut list, that is were they call you and tell you that you can have the night off. That usually happens about an hour before your shift starts. That would have been Sunday evening at 5 pm as I had to be to work at 6 pm. So I try to sleep by I am over tired, and excited about the game. I don't sleep. I lay in bed. I recorded the game. Finally at noon I fall asleep for about 2 hours. I get up and start playing the game. The game played with my emotions. In the fourth quarter I was jumping up and down when we had the lead, Excited when we forced a late punt. Think, just a couple of first downs I thought, we could actually win this. I HAD HOPE. Then it happens as it always does. But I had been changed. My tempered expectations had blossomed into hope. An exhausted, sober, hopeful middle aged man went from Giddy and Joyful, to tired mean and miserable in a matter of a few minutes. I start yelling at my kids, I sit down on the couch and put my head in my hands. I felt like the sucker who was given the fake lottery ticket only to find out he had won nothing. I don't move for probably 30 minutes. Then at about 5 pm my phone rings. It is work. I then feel a little weight being lifted. At least I can have the night off.

It is one of my day shift buddies. A Pats fan. He says "hey Mixxum, you still have to come to work today" and hangs up the phone. I walk out the door a defeated man.

No beer, no wings, no sleep.

That was my Sh**ty weekend.

DGreg
09-09-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm sure we all have a story to tell. Actually like yours. Hopefully these turn out positive in the future.

mixxum
09-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Goo bills

GvilleBills
09-09-2013, 02:56 PM
In-laws staying at house Friday.
Gator fan...there goes Saturday.
We all know Sunday.

better days
09-09-2013, 03:37 PM
In-laws staying at house Friday.
Gator fan...there goes Saturday.
We all know Sunday.

Gator fan here as well. And I am also a Bucs fan.

All three of my teams lost this weekend.

And my son in-law is a Fins fan, so I get to hear it from him as well.

imbondz
09-09-2013, 04:00 PM
zero sympathy for Gator fans. I like the gators, but you've won plenty. Bucs, ich that they're your 2nd team. Even tho the Rams are my 2nd team.

THATHURMANATOR
09-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Mixxum... this was a ****ty weekend!

better days
09-09-2013, 04:12 PM
zero sympathy for Gator fans. I like the gators, but you've won plenty. Bucs, ich that they're your 2nd team. Even tho the Rams are my 2nd team.

Well, I had a choice of the Fins when they were GOOD or the Bucs when I moved to Fla.

Being a Bills fan the Bucs were the easy choice even though they SUCKED as much as the Bills.

Oaf
09-09-2013, 04:12 PM
We are who we thought we were. A new, exciting team that still sucks.

GvilleBills
09-09-2013, 04:16 PM

Its how they lost... dominate and **** the bed. Ugh. I'm not looking sympathy for being a fan of them, damn proud of them, but that kind of loss stings.

coastal
09-09-2013, 05:25 PM
So your wife's ulcer is doing better?

mixxum
09-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Yrp. Much better. Thanks for asking. Kind of a miracle. Happened right after prayers from this board.

Night Train
09-09-2013, 07:08 PM
I stopped reading after " Like most Bills fans.."

Meathead
09-09-2013, 07:20 PM
poor baby

Skooby
09-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Yrp. Much better. Thanks for asking. Kind of a miracle. Happened right after prayers from this board.

It must of been one of the Saviors' on here.

pmoon6
09-10-2013, 07:36 AM
We are who we thought we were. A new, exciting team that still sucks.You aptly titled yourself. "Oaf". If "sucking" is losing to one of the better teams in the league on a last second field goal, I don't know what to tell you.

pmoon6
09-10-2013, 07:38 AM
So your wife's ulcer is doing better?Probably, since they only let her out of the Sanitarium for Game Day.

Skooby
09-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Probably, since they only let her out of the Sanitarium for Game Day.

Did the ever catch Cheif in Canada & bring him back?