• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

EJ called the TD pass to Stevie...

"Manuel’s best throw was the 18-yard touchdown pass to Stevie Johnson in the third quarter, when he lofted it over a couple of defensive backs right into Stevie’s arm. It was a throw that had Johnson in awe 24-hours later.
    “The pass was unbelievable,” Stevie told me Monday afternoon. “I went back and I told him, he’s going to be the difference in this team. After that pass, I went back and told him again, ‘Bro, believe it—you’re going to be the difference.‘ The placement was perfect. It was perfect. That’s pretty much what we have to do. He called that on his own; he called that play on his own. I let him know he got the keys to the car—let’s roll.”"

That's the sort of thing I like to see from my QB.

• Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: EJ called the TD pass to Stevie...

And, as we know, the passes to Stevie better be perfect or else he will have problems
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• K-Gun
      Deal with it
      • Jul 2003

Stevie's mouth writes checks his ass can't cash. Don't get me wrong, I think his hearts in the right place. He wants to win, but he's still just too immature to get out of his own way.
      [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by K-Gun View Post
        Stevie's mouth writes checks his ass can't cash. Don't get me wrong, I think his hearts in the right place. He wants to win, but he's still just too immature to get out of his own way.
        Immature because he talks too much?

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
          And, as we know, the passes to Stevie better be perfect or else he will have problems
          or they have to be hard to catch. stevie struggles when he has time to think about YAC or the implication of being open. when he has to fight for the ball, he gets it most times. At his age and his contract, these things can't be problems.

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            or they have to be hard to catch. stevie struggles when he has time to think about YAC or the implication of being open. when he has to fight for the ball, he gets it most times. At his age and his contract, these things can't be problems.
            He is too experienced to go through this problem. Did you hear Woods comments? Somebody asked about him being wide open for an easy catch and his reply was something to the effect of "sometimes those are the harder catches to make. You're just thinking about catching it as it comes down."

Comment

• K-Gun
              Deal with it
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
              he does talk to much, because he's immature. He's also not clutch because of his immaturity. He has a track record of choking, b/c he doesn't have mental toughness in pressure situations. If he were more mature and more mentally tough he wouldn't have so many huge drops in clutch situations. In fact, he was out of control of his emotions with frustration in the first half of the first game of the season. He was ****ing whining coming off the field.

Listen, I think has lots of talent. he can make great plays, no doubt. And I respect that he wants to be a leader, and that he wants to win. But at the end of the day, he has trouble controlling his emotions on the field in ways that negatively affect the team i.e. stupid penalties, huge drops and displaying pussy whining behavior. And he also talks bull**** that he doesn't back up, something that makes the Bills look like even bigger clowns.

If and when Stevie "gets it" mentally, we won't hear stupid ass **** form him. We'll see the results on the field. But to be honest, I don't necessarily see that happening in Buffalo. I think its too small of a market, and feels he needs to be like a super hero or something. I think a change of environment could be something that really brings out his full potential. If I were GM, I'd trade him at the end of the season when he has maximum value.
              [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I share all your concerns about Stevie, but honestly we can't trade him. He's the only WR we have with more than 1 year of experience. If Graham, Goodwin and/or Brooks step up this year, AND we can get a vet WR in the off-season, then MAYBE we could entertain the idea at least, but we can't leave our rookie QB all alone with inexperienced WR's. it's bad enough that Stevie is the only proven guy we have now.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• K-Gun
                  Deal with it
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  I share all your concerns about Stevie, but honestly we can't trade him. He's the only WR we have with more than 1 year of experience. If Graham, Goodwin and/or Brooks step up this year, AND we can get a vet WR in the off-season, then MAYBE we could entertain the idea at least, but we can't leave our rookie QB all alone with inexperienced WR's. it's bad enough that Stevie is the only proven guy we have now.
                  I share all of your concerns about brining in a vet wr, and developing Woods and 3rd wr. Those things that should be on the to do list, not things that prevent the Bills from trading Stevie. I'd also add drafting or signing a legit TE.

- Aristotle

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

I think there's a reason every team passed on him six times.

The only thing that surprised me about the play was that he actually caught the ball.

He rarely lays out for one....probably because he doesn't want to get turfburns on any of his tattoos.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
                      Talk on the field after the TD & you make it to the sideline.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

EJ is not only going to be GOOD, but he is a GOOD QB for Buffalo. He has the arm strength to deal with the conditions in Buffalo & the rest if the AFC East.

Those that don't like Stevie, too bad. His teammates do like him & that is what matters. Stevie gives 100% all the time & has done so through some crappy times.

He is not like Randy Moss, he just likes to have fun.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                          I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          No mention of Robert Woods a 2nd Round pick who I expect by the end of the year to have 50 to 60 catches

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

First, lots of players gave 100%. That doesn't make them good enough.

Second, Stevie may give 100% but his antics and lack of clutch ability detract from that.

Third, what makes you so sure that the other players like Stevie? They may have said it to the media, but that doesn't make it true- smart players don't air dirty laundry to the public. I have a hard time believing the other players are so forgiving of a supposed "star" who has hurt the team with clutch drops and stupid penalties far more often than he has come through in the clutch.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                            No mention of Robert Woods a 2nd Round pick who I expect by the end of the year to have 50 to 60 catches
                            I knew I was forgetting someone. Add Woods to my list.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              Those that don't like Stevie, too bad. His teammates do like him & that is what matters.
                              Absolutely wrong. That's the worst sign. That means they're buying into his bull****.

He is not like Randy Moss, he just likes to have fun.
                              As a manager, you try to separate personality from performance, meaning, colorful can be fun... Until that personality affects the performance.

Chan tried to step in last year, unfortunately he was a lame duck, so why listen to him right?

Mark my words, he will have more drops than big catches this year.

Like every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X